Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Options
    yourloveliftsmeyourloveliftsme Posts: 27 New Member
    I've had the game for a little over a month now and have clocked in over 82 hours of game play, so I thought I would revisit this thread.

My overall opinion of the game is that I love it, and I feel it has massive potential. The game itself is very solid. I experience very few glitches and it has only crashed on me once or twice. Considering how many issues I had with the Sims 3, I'd say those numbers are pretty good. The game also runs quite smoothly.

I am obsessed with build mode. I was never particularly good at building in the previous games, but I feel like building has been made SO much easier in this game, and there are so many amazing features. I've built some really pretty houses that I'm quite proud of, and I never really could say that before. I love that you can make objects bigger in the game, however, I have noticed a glitch where when you do this sometimes and then edit a room, scaled objects disappear. I hope this is fixed in the near future! I would also like to see the ability to make objects smaller, and change the size of rugs. So far I've noticed you cannot shrink objects, only make them bigger. Rugs also cannot change in size.

The graphics, in my opinion, are so much better in this game than in any of the previous games. The Sims look more realistic. I love most of the hairstyles and clothing choices available in the base game. I feel they're much more modern than the clothes that were included in the Sims 3 and its expansion packs. They are clothes that people today would actually wear. For instance, "Ugg" style boots and flats.

For a base game, I feel like the Sims 4 has a lot to offer, and I really appreciate that you guys have been adding new features that are available for free when installing the latest patch, like ghosts. I also read that swimming pools will be available with an update in November, and new careers in December. I wholeheartedly think it's great that you're including these type of things in updates rather than requiring we pay extra for them.

As other people have suggested, I would like to see a family tree. When I play, I personally focus strongly on the relationships between my Sims, as well as building generations of families. I would also really love if you guys could add toddlers back in to the game. I know some people may not care for them, but for those of us who play the game for story progression and building families, it's huge. It just seems like such a drastic gap for a baby to turn right in to a child, without the toddler stage inbetween. I loved having my Sims teach their toddlers to walk, talk, and use the potty. It felt so much more realistic. That was one thing I really loved about TS3.

I also feel like the babies in this game are very unrealistic. In the Sims 3, you could walk around carrying your baby, but in this game it's as if they're teathered to their bassinets. There's really no enoyment in having your Sims care for their babies. It makes me personally feel rushed to make them age up since the baby stage feels so pointless.

Pregnancy in this game is awesome. I love that my female Sims can wear whatever they want. I hated the maternity clothes in the Sims 3. Now, my Sims can wear super cute dresses that show off their cute baby bumps! Great job with this!

A huge pet peeve of mine in this game are the limited job choices. I really do not like the job selections available in the base game. While I think they would have been fine if more choices were offered, I really loved basic career options such as business, medical, law enforcement, education, et cetera. It offered a more realistic feel to the game, because let's face it, most of us out there have basic jobs. It's just annoying to me that in the new game, my only options are becoming a criminal, astronaut, performer, chef, a writer/journalist, or tech guru. I feel like a more variety of jobs should be offered, and less far-fetched jobs. I know you guys are going to be introducing new job choices in a December patch update, but it hasn't been said exactly what jobs will be offered. I do hope they are more realistic ones, and that there are a variety of them.

While on the subject of jobs, I would love if you guys could implement firefighters, police officers, mail carriers, etc. and actually be able to allow your Sims to fill those roles, rather than those roles being filled by NPCs. Also, allow players to create their own townies and disable townies from automatically populating.

I would personally love to see seasons available in a future expansion pack. I would like to see different worlds with different climates. For example, Oasis Springs is a desert, like Arizona where I live, and we don't experience four seasons here. However, Willow Creek reminds me of the midwest or east coast. It would be awesome if leaves would change color in the fall and Sims could experience snow days in the winter. It would also be cool to introduce temperature in to the game, if that's at all possible. For instance, if there are winters, Sims could wear sweaters or jackets otherwise they might become cold, which could affect their mood and make them uncomfortable. I just think, in previous expansions, it was weird that a Sim could wear a tanktop and shorts outside in the winter and be perfectly fine. If weather or seasons are introduced, maybe even have a weekly forecast so Sims can choose their wardrobes accordingly.

Please, please, please release a Pets expansion sooner rather than later! I personally feel like most people out there have pets, so it only makes sense that Sims should have pets too. Heck, I'd even settle for cats and dogs for now, and other animals, like horses, later--if that will even be an option.

Another suggestion I have is to please add bigger worlds and neighborhoods. The worlds feel kind of small, as do the neighborhoods.

Lastly, please bring back the color wheel! It was one feature in TS3 that I absolutely loved, which I felt allowed for more customization and creativity. I often find things in the game I like, such as clothing, counters, or beds but am not a fan of the color choices. I would like the ability to choose the color wood I want on a bed, but pick out the bedding I want separately. Sometimes I'll find a bedding I like, but I don't like the color of the wood and thus I have a hard time picking out matching furniture. It just complicates things, and I know others have asked for the color wheel to return, so I too am jumping on that bandwagon.

Once again, I love the game. I will most definitely buy any expansion packs that are released, and I appreciate you guys trying your best to make this game the best and solid game that it can be.

Thank you so much for listening to our feedback and I hope you find mine helpful!
  • Options
    RubyJaneRubyJane Posts: 7 New Member
    As I'm a mac user I haven't been able to actually play the game yet, but I've been following it every day since it was first announced. What I like about the game (from what I've read, seen and heard) is the great animation! I love how much cleaner The Sims 4 looks. I also love the new CAS, (who wouldn't). People used to say I spent to much time making my sims in The Sims 3, so I can't wait to spend hours making sims in The Sims 4. The only big things that would make me debate whether it's better than The Sims 3 or not, are the loading screens for going to your neighbours house, no cars, and after months of The Sims 4 being out still no updates on Mac. I'm really disappointed with the loading screens not only because it's a step down from The Sims 3, but because it means you can't control both your sims at the park and your sims at home. Before I used to be able to have one sim making dinner, and one sim hanging out with their friends at the same time, it was so great and useful having an open world and I really wish you'd put just a bit more time into the game to make it open world. As I said, I've been following The Sims 4 like a mad person and I feel like I've been waiting for forever desperately checking the website everyday to see if you've said whether or not you'll make a version for Mac or not. I would absolutely love to just know whether a Mac version will be released, and if so, approximately when?

A reply would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    Don't know if it has been said before, but I would rather not have any expansion or stuff pack. Why? I think it's far better to have a continuous flow of content like they now do these first three months. I would happily pay a subscription for it. You can then explore the new things at a lower pace and you will not have to wait long for new stuff. It would just be so much better... Alternatively, for people who don't want to pay a subscription, they can bundle these updates into some sort of 'expansion' pack after they have been delivered to the ones who do have a subscription.
  • Options
    JSitala_28JSitala_28 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Hello, I just started playing Sims 4, today and was wondering how do I save a game or where to I find the button to do so and how do I get to the 'options' menu while in game?<br />
    <br />
    Thank you for your help. If this isn't the right thread for this question please direct me to where I can post this.<br />
    <br />
    Silver

Upper right corner of the Sims game window. Three dots. Options menu where you can save and do other things

• Options
    suzkay75suzkay75 Posts: 13 New Member
    I've already posted once here, but now that I've played longer I too wanted to revisit.

I still love the game, I play it at least a couple of hours everyday.

Suggestions....

I have a family of five. Say dad wants to take the kids to the park, and mom wants to work in the garden at home. In TS3 that was totally possible. In TS4 not a chance. Can we make that possible again please?

Color wheel... Color wheel... color wheel. Most of the colors and designs for furniture is not great.

Toddlers...

Swimming

The town is so boring guys. I miss being able to send my preggers sims to the spa... or date night at a game, movie, out to dinner. Chips at the bar? Really?

Maybe have a nightlife type expansion or something, I'd totally pay for that. Everything else I've listed I hope will be in a patch, as the game is quite expensive and feels a little incomplete.

The npc maids need a bit of work, I shouldn't be charged every...single...time... I leave or load the game because a maid supposedly visited while I was gone.

FAMILY TREES!!!!! There is like zero story progression.

On a positive note.

I LOVE the moods and looks of the sims, the kids are adorable. (pre teen stage would be amazing!)
    I love that they can multi task.
    I love that moms are not required to go on maternity leave, however the option to do so would be nice.
    I don't mind the loading screens, it saves on lag. But, a loading screen to go next door seems a bit silly.
    I love the aspirations.

So much about it that I love, just a lot of what was in sims 3 that I really really miss.

This game as soo much potential. I can't wait to see how it develops.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    + multi-tasking
    - cancelled actions when loading saved game (maybe it's a glitch, dunno)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    ledfut360ledfut360 Posts: 83 Member
    edited October 2014
    I've topped 550 hours on TS4. I know, I need to get a real life - lol. But at this point, I should be able to make a few educated comments.

- Bills are too high. I have one decently outfitted home where there is a nice mix of cheap and expensive furniture. The bills came in around $2600. Had to give the family a motherlode because with one working and one authoring from home they still could not afford to pay it.

- Relationships deteriorate too quickly. Having gone from Sims 2 straight into 4, I was ecstatic not to be spammed every day by notices of low friendship status. However I was not ready for how far relationships drop after only a few sim days.

- Absolutely love most of the new anims. This is especially true of the cooking ones. Also love the greater variety of socials and the way sims sit together and gab among themselves. Must say the musical chairs bit is cool but gets a little tiring after a while, though.

- The enhanced backgrounds, moving scenic elements and visible road and pedestrian traffic makes everything so much more immersive. You don't have to leave your lot to meet new people. You need only wait for someone to walk nearby -- which happens a lot more often then before.

- We still can't build out to the edge of the lots. With every lot now flat and on the same level, I don't see where having such a restriction is necessary. Being able to build right out to the edge of the property would make for much more realistic commercial districts.

- If there is a bed present on a community lot, we can actually sleep in it (among other things). Yaaay! I hope this is a change in direction and not an oversight. Indeed, I wish it would be enhanced. Charge the sim rent and give them an ability to lock the door to keep other patrons from raiding the fridge, etc. I love the idea of eating breakfast and walking across the hall to the bar. Perhaps you may even allow them to make this a principal residence, not requiring them to own a lot as well.

- Speaking of beds, what ever happened to guests actually sleeping after whoohoo with your sim? This was Infinitely preferable to having them wander about breaking things.

- Now, speaking of breaking things. Stuff breaks WAAAYYY too often. I don't mind the need to repair items, but it seems never a day goes by where something doesn't break somewhere in the house. Indeed, having several items in need of repair is usually the norm. About 1/3 as often might be a better benchmark. Preferably even less than that.

- Telephones. Everyone having a cell phone right at the start is good, but could we still not have a landline? Also phoning to chat with someone ends much too quickly. You used to be able to fill a sim's social need by having them call someone. Now it seems they barely say hello and then hang right up. Incoming calls have also changed detrimentally. Where phones used to ring for sim-hours if no one answers them, the current incoming call notification is too short. By the time you are aware someone is receiving a call and have them answer it, there is no longer anyone there.

- The lack of toddlers bothers a lot of people, I see. I thought I was gonna be one that didn't really care, but I find I actually do miss them as well. Even having the baby squirm on the floor, while the adults are busy playing cards or watching TV, is longingly remembered. Having them anchored to the bassinet is rather boring.

- Teens. Where are they? I know this too has been covered a lot in the forums and we are told not to hold our breath waiting for them to be a different height from adults. If this is gonna be the case, could we not have some other sort of visible indication? Maybe having their name turn up a different color or giving them a different colored plumbob.

- Why are the lower-cost radios prevented from accessing some types of music? That's like saying they can take a pop music CD but not a blues one. It just seems kinda weird.

- When we cancel a sim's action, they continue toward the cancelled item. Often they have to get right to it before the cancellation takes hold. This is even true if the item is on a different floor.

In all, I have to say I love the game and am eagerly awaiting new content.
  • Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    edited October 2014
    What you liked - I like being able to move/rotate/resize rooms without have to demolish and rebuild them. I also love how females no longer change into crappy looking maternity wear when they are pregnant and their pregnancies are more normal. They no longer go from not being pregnant to being six months to full term.

What you didn't like - The fact the world is no longer open. Love how in the Sims 3 you could go anywhere with out having to wait for a loading screen. The lack of lots - we really need more.

Suggestions? More options when it comes to walls/floors/clothes. The ability to be able to use whatever design and colour. The Sims 3 build mode was fantastic as you could make your furniture match your walls etc.

Overall thoughts? The game runs well and I love the emotions. I have a chuckle when my sims are angry and have the option for an "angry poop". Moods are fantastic and they take the game to another level. Would be nice to see some jealously and the impact that can have on relationships.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    cimtencimten Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi all,
    Thanks for this thread, I know that you guys are reading.

I am 27 years old and a busy person, so my gaming time is very very precious. I have played not only , all the sims games but also many other maxis games (simcity series, sim tower and even sim town when I was little:)) And I like the soul of this games. Thats why I pre-ordered the Collector's edition right away.
    But in Sims 4, I feel like a part is missing. The game works fine but cutting off too many features from base game was not a good idea. It is like taking a step backwards, instead of going forward. Seasons and pets are still not in the basegame. They should have been. And I will not buy expantions of these to if they even come out. Because I feel like buying the same things over and over again. I would really like some , actual "new" stuff. Ans I am sure many simmers will agree with me.

Family tree needs to be back, and not with an expantion but with a patch. That feature has been in the base game for 10 years. And builds a good connection between the sims and the gamer.
    Services needs to be back. Firefighters, nannies, repairman ect.
    Some essential careers are needed like Law, Medicine, Military.

I don't like the new world system. Travelling between worlds is fine but worlds needs to be bigger and I want to see where my sim works.
    And also when you travel you loose all the access to the sims in the household.
    The questions that pop up when your sim is a work or school gets boring after a while.
    Friendships are hard to make. And also sims completely forget other sims if they don't see eachother for a while. Even if they have lived in the some house for a long time.
    Stuff brakes too often.
    Teenagers were my favorite in other games, but now they are not fun.
    In other games there was a lot of referances to arts and literature, shakespeare ect. It's missing in this game.

I liked to emotions system.
    I liked the music.
    I liked the new CAS and gallery.

Thanks for reading!
  • Options
    Blackflower365Blackflower365 Posts: 27 Member
    Dear God was there some reason other than sheer corporate greed that we couldn't at least get a card included in the box with the basic game controls on it?! I've played versions 1-3 for years and have yet to get a handle on even the camera in 4. What a miserable cheap trick to play on previous users of the franchise!

I just spent over an hour in character creation trying to figure out a way to set one makeup for all looks. In frustration I finally went back and set each and every detail manually. I thought I was saving my sim by clicking something called Gallery only to discover I'd unwittingly shared a sim to the public and people were already downloading it. The shortcut in the tutorial tip did not take me to a window with an option to select controls from a previous version as promised. All it did was open a tiny pop-up with more icons in the upper right of the screen. So I'm still trying to figure out a way to rotate the camera that actually works (other than contorting my wrist and attempting to drag the mouse in circles). I was trying to get a better up-down pitch and all I found was a toggle for one other position.

EA, I'd have been a lot happier if you'd just reissued Sims 2, put it in a box and labeled it Sims 5 and be done with it. Just horrible.
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    I've played it for multiple hours (lost track of how many!) and so far I still love it. I just wish we had terrain morphing back in the game along with ponds. I think it'd be super cool to have them back, and also moveobjects please :)

Besides that I love the game, it's actually converted my play style. I used to be a pure CAS and Build Mode guy, now I'm actually playing as my Sims!
  • Options
    lynnbrownlynnbrown Posts: 73 Member
    Likes about Sims 4:

1. Smooth game play. I don't even mind the loading screens. As I understand the need to prevent glitches and lagging. It is a short loading time, and I would trade that any day for the ability to play and save my game without problems.

2. Emotions. They have spiced up game play. It is a great addition, and has made it easier to connect with your Sims.

3. Neighborhoods. I do miss the feel of the open world in Sims 3 - but referring back to statement 1 - I would much rather have smooth game play. I can tell you worked hard to make up for the lack of the open world with stunning neighborhoods. So, it was an equal compromise in my opinion. If you take the time to explore each neighborhood, it makes the world fell much larger. I really love the hidden small parks for your children to play in, and the ability to fish in the creeks. Though the world is smaller, it is beautiful, more realistic, and vibrant.

5. Content with base game. You have done an amazing job with this. I love the clothes, hairstyles, and furniture that come with the base purchase of Sims 4. I in the past felt the need to install custom content into my game, to buffer the need of more "in" clothing options and more realistic hairstyles. I don't feel that way at this moment. I love that you designed the content to reflect something closer to what I would purchase or wear in real life. I had to buy many expansion packs before I felt this need was fulfilled before. Now I am happy with what I have, and looking forward to what else expansion packs will offer in the future. I hope this trend will continue.

6. Build mode/Create a Sim. Awesome! Hands down. Better building options right from the start & more detailed Sims. What else needs to be said.

7. Pregnancy. So much more fun! Love that you can wear anything while pregnant, and the addition of pregnancy tests. Also get updates when your Sim enters a new trimester. I feels more realistic. Great addition!

8. Parties & Planning Events. This was a feature that I didn't even know I wanted. How awesome is it that you know hire employees to create the perfect party. Caterers, musicians, and bartenders. It's great. I am now encouraged to max out skill level in my household and neighborhood, just to throw that perfect party. Also, love that you meet goals while event is happening. Instead of just staring at the screen, and letting things happen naturally - I am now engrossed in making sure I meet all the goals. Parties with a purpose - YES!

9. Play more than 1 household. It is so easy now. Go to world & click. You can play every household in the neighborhood if want. It's great.

10. Cooking. So much variety now! Love it!

11. Worlds. Now you can play all worlds in the same game save. You can live in Willow Creek, but visit friends in Oasis Springs with only a click of a button. I keep thinking about the addition of vacation spots with this new ability. How great would that be!

12. Relations. Deeper now. A romantic couple can be best friends and sole mates. I love that you can really have the perfect romance. And you now have the ability to have multiple boyfriends/girlfriends if you are more of a serial romancer. Breaking up is a little harder to do though, so use caution. It has a deep affect on your Sims & their partners.

13. Multitasking. awesome and long overdue.

Dislikes about Sims 4:

1. Babies. Babies. Babies! So sad about this, so I really hope it gets a revamp soon. They are boring. You can't see their needs bar, so it's a guessing game. They feel like a piece of furniture. There are no more cute crawling toddlers, potty training, learning to walk, reading stories, rocking in a chair, toys scattered on the floor, funny highchair messes, or picking noses while rocking in their cribs. I bought every piece of nursery furniture that the TS3 store offered. I loved the baby swings, toys, highchairs, strollers, and nursery furniture. I am having a hard time seeing this stage of life ever being as fun as it once was, or how you will be able to solve the problem now that you baby is tethered to the bassinet. I know that there are a lot of supernatural/fantasy fans out there, but please don't forget those of us who simply love watching our Sims grow up. A generations expansion pack is in desperate need!

2. Community lots. Need more options. I love that we no longer have rabbit holes, and that all lots are playable - but we are missing key places in our towns. I never really used the library or museums much. Now other than a couple of bars and a park, it's my only option. I would like to get to know a sim without the use of nectar. Bring back the sweet side of sims, and the romance. If we do have to pick a bar as the venue for our dates, I would like to be able to at least slow dance with them. We need movie theaters, restaurants, salons/spas, pools, and BEACHES back! These lots could have been included, even with the new layout. Parks also need more playground equipment. Monkey bars and jungle gyms are the only objects available. We at least need swings!

3. Whoo-hoo. Simply stated...boring. Bed, rocketship, or observatory. That's it. That's your options. No hot tubes, tree houses, hay bales, cars, or tents. I know some of these came in later expansion packs, but the shower isn't even an option. There isn't any build up anymore. The cute snuggles on bed or steamy make out sessions are gone. You go ask a Sim, they jump and down, and business done. That's was that. And now there is a new, very cheesy music that plays the whole time.

4. Create a style & color wheel. Props for all the great cloths, furniture, and hair - but WHAT! Why would you take that away. You gave us so many ways to build houses and create Sims, why take away the ability to make it our own. I want to pick my wallpaper, the color & texture of my furniture and floors, and create a mix of your style and my own. I don't want Sims with the same shade of eyes or hair. Oh, and how great would your new hairstyles be with highlights.

5. Locking doors. You can't. Sometimes Sims need privacy. That's all I'm saying. Also can't assign beds. That makes having a large family very confusing at bedtime.

6. Buggy Sims while at work: this is the only glitch I have come across, but it's a big one. When my Sim leaves for work and then returns home, he is still "grayed out" and unplayable. Nothing I have tried or read off the forums has fixed this issue. It resulted in removing the sim, and fear of entering another career with a beloved Sim. I don't want to lose another one after so much hard work goes into it.

7. The Sims Community. I miss it. I liked having the Sims 3 store & community. It held me over, and made EA money while we waited on the next stuff/expansion pack. I also liked being able to access it without being in game. I don't feel as updated by or connected to EA anymore. I know a lot of people complain about cost, but reality is we bought it if we liked it enough. Most of the added content I loved was bought from the store. I hope that it will make a return, or the expansion packs will hold enough content, as well as new game play to make up for it's loss.

8. Camera controls. Even with Sims 3 style controls on, it is still a pain to control. It makes my hand cramp - SERIOUSLY! Maybe I'll get used to it, but why does it have to be so difficult.

9. New Game. I would like the ability to create an entire new "virgin" game, not just a new household.

Over all I am glad that I purchased the Sims 4. I am a long time Sims fan, and will continue to purchase games, expansion packs, and stuff packs that are released. I can tell a lot of work went into the making of this game. I do feel like I bought quality game, with lots of perks and amazing content. It is in my opinion, the best Sims base game released to far. It has tons of potential, it is dependable, and plays smooth without lag. No more crossing your fingers and hoping that your game will save. I just play, without any worries. The stuff that is lacking could be easily replaced/fixed in one or two expansion packs & updates. I just hope that EA will focus on expanding base game play before bringing the more whimsical expansion packs into play. Although fun, I my opinion just not the priority yet. I would like to see a good/solid game made great, before you add in the extras.
  • Options
    Luna_Sims92Luna_Sims92 Posts: 24 Member
    I love the emotions, multitasking, build mode, create a sim...
    But I want family trees, a color wheel, even if only for hair so we could add highlights! i miss the open world. I don't like how the more sims in a household, the smaller the icons become.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Dear God was there some reason other than sheer corporate greed that we couldn't at least get a card included in the box with the basic game controls on it?! I've played versions 1-3 for years and have yet to get a handle on even the camera in 4. What a miserable cheap trick to play on previous users of the franchise!<br />
    <br />
    I just spent over an hour in character creation trying to figure out a way to set one makeup for all looks. In frustration I finally went back and set each and every detail manually. I thought I was saving my sim by clicking something called Gallery only to discover I'd unwittingly shared a sim to the public and people were already downloading it. The shortcut in the tutorial tip did not take me to a window with an option to select controls from a previous version as promised. All it did was open a tiny pop-up with more icons in the upper right of the screen. So I'm still trying to figure out a way to rotate the camera that actually works (other than contorting my wrist and attempting to drag the mouse in circles). I was trying to get a better up-down pitch and all I found was a toggle for one other position. <br />
    <br />
    EA, I'd have been a lot happier if you'd just reissued Sims 2, put it in a box and labeled it Sims 5 and be done with it. Just horrible.

Click on the little camera option in the upper left-hand corner. That helps you rotate the camera and zoom in and out.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Luna_Sims92Luna_Sims92 Posts: 24 Member
    Oh! I forgot! No toddlers:(
  • Options
    Blackflower365Blackflower365 Posts: 27 Member
    Thanks Jarsie. I finally found more camera option under Options of course. I just didn't get there the way the tutorial said I would. And what I took for a Sims 4 pitch toggle was just the overly sensitive In-Out camera control jumping all the way out in one bound. I reset the camera controls to Sims 3 mode and while not as easy to use as the controls in Sims 2, at least it has a pitch feature so we can look at floor plans. Why would they even think that was something they could leave out of the game? Geez so frustrating.

I know that not including a book saves EA money for a product feature not everyone uses. But given how different this interface is and what a struggle it can be to research every last blessed control on the forums, it was a really bad decision for them not to include a cheat sheet. Thanks again for your help!
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Dislike: Children can babysit babies, but can't take care of their needs.

For example: My sims have a baby and a child.Both parents work and the child goes to school.While the three are away, the baby goes to daycare.The parents work until 7.The child comes home at 3.When the kid gets home, the baby returns from daycare.Within a few hours, the baby is hungry and stinky.And the child can not feed nor change him.I get messages saying the social worker is gonna come take baby unless I feed it.And the only way to do so is to send a parent home early and lose pay.
  • Options
    allong16allong16 Posts: 111 New Member
    edited October 2014
    Positive
    -emotions make the sims much more lifelike and fun to play with. It is much more fun to watch/play with them and develop them as a character.
    -Build mode with the dragging of entire rooms is so nice! I absolutely loved that feature because it was a pain to have to rebuild in an entire room just because you wanted it somewhere different
    -I like that it runs on my computer much better with a lot less lag
    -The sims look more natural and lifelike when they can actually walk through doors at the same time, etc.
    -multitasking <3 '
    -group conversations....finally! :)
    -music is perfect
    -search options when looking for items
    -sims are actually out and about ready for interaction
    -free updates/patches make it worth the investment if they continue
    -the gallery was absolutely genius
    -job and aspiration goals
    -ability to change aspiration in game
    Negative
    -create a style is gone :(
    -going across the street to a neighbors house requires a loading screen
    -no open world(although that wouldn't bother me if there were vehicles to travel and the above was fixed)
    -lack of career options
    -NO TODDLERS!!! PLEASE FIX THIS!! IN A FREE UPDATE/PATCH
    -not enough lots!! make worlds bigger please or more lots in them or the ability to add lots or something
    -no family trees(this should be an easier thing to fix)
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Dislike: Children can babysit babies, but can't take care of their needs.

For example: My sims have a baby and a child.Both parents work and the child goes to school.While the three are away, the baby goes to daycare.The parents work until 7.The child comes home at 3.When the kid gets home, the baby returns from daycare.Within a few hours, the baby is hungry and stinky.And the child can not feed nor change him.I get messages saying the social worker is gonna come take baby unless I feed it.And the only way to do so is to send a parent home early and lose pay.

The solution to that would be to have one parent be a stay-at-home parent, but on the other hand....it seems kind of obvious that the best way to handle this is to age the baby up right away...which is kind of a cheat, if you ask me.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @jarsie9 the solution is to have EA fix it so the baby stays at day care until a parent comes home.
  • Options
    firefly4477firefly4477 Posts: 128 Member
    I was once told if you want an answer to why something in the world is the way it is, just follow the money. With that being said, I know there will be toddlers, more worlds, more stuff, more opportunities and more features since this will enhance the cash flow. What I don't know is will you fix the current bugs and bring back our lovable babies that have been replaced by soulless objects. The free updates are a great start. Was it just a show though? Will you now fix and add things that may not bring you money but will bring you loyalty, respect, and appreciation?

When that day comes, I will gladly dust off my Sims 4 disc and will happily sim once again. As is, the game is like the babies, pretty to look at but is nothing but a soulless, empty shell.
  • Options
    seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    approved comments?
    free the sims!
    http://youtu.be/Bj7wOfUwHlo <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!
  • Options
    shante090shante090 Posts: 55 Member
    It's been over a month now so I thought I could finally share some thoughts about the game!

♦ Things I like:
    • Multitasking - I must admit that I wasn't really excited about this idea when I first heard about it but I fell in love with it the moment I started to play the game! It's absolutely amazing.
    • Group conversations - I really like the naturalness of the interactions in groups. Sometimes I just sit and just observe as my Sim talks to others.
    • The worlds are stunning. I love their layouts, their themes, their residents... everything seems to fit perfectly.
    • Emotions - oh I'm actually quite surprised that I enjoy them because there was time (before the game came out), that I was sick and tired of them. :-P But I do enjoy them.
    • I love the art style of the game. I love how the Sims, the worlds, the surroundings, the buildings etc look.
    • The content (i.e. clothes, hairstyles, build/buy items etc) is great. I was so happy when I saw the clutter category in the catalogue. ;-)
    • Build mode and CAS have been greatly improved.
    • Some of the skills (cooking and gardening in particular) are very well made. I simply love them.
    • I really appreciate the fact that ghosts have been added to the game via free patch (and soon we'll get pools and more careers as well).

♦ Things I don't like:
    • I can't stand the loading screens within a neighbourhood. I don't know, sometimes it just ruins the moment - however strange it may sound.
    • I don't like the fact that cheats reset every time my Sim travels. I don't like the fact that I can't change a particular need of my Sim (e.g. I'd like him/her to be hungry). I miss "moveObjects on" and "fadeObjects off" cheats.
    • I miss cars, bikes, carpools and school buses. And garages. And proper animations of getting on and off the car and other vehicles.
    • I miss some NPCs, such as a repairman, a firefighter or a policeman. There should be more, many more. And each community lot should have a NPC.
    • There are too few community lots that would provide some interesting activities for my Sims. The public areas aren't that exciting either. I hope to see more interactive objects in the future.
    • Sometimes I'm disappointed with the colour options for build/buy items. Example: There are TWELVE (!) beautiful doors that are only white. Why? :-( PS. I really miss octagonal roofs too.
    • There aren't many clutter items that can be put on shelves and that's very disappointing.

♦ Suggestions:
    Well, they are mainly connected with the things I don't like, so I suggest...
    • removing loading screens within the same neighbourhood.
    • adding new cheats (especially the ones that I've mentioned above) in the near future.
    • adding vehicles and garages with proper animations.
    • creating more service/emergency NPCs as well as more NPCs for community lots.
    • providing more activities for our Sims in the public areas (e.g. food stands) and on community lots (oh how much I dream about restaurants).
    • providing more colour options for build/buy items (those 12 doors in particular), octagonal roofs, L-shaped and U-shaped stairs would be awesim too.
    • providing more clutter items to put on shelves.

Apart from that...
    • Although I love group conversations, sometimes I wish I could just talk to one particular Sim without others joining in.
    • I hope to see more worlds inspired by different parts of our real world.
    • It would be great to have a cheat that makes items smaller.

I don't think I need to mention weather, seasons, pets etc as I'm sure these will come as EPs. I just hope they'll add lots of fun activities.

♦ Overall thoughts: I really like this game. There are obviously things that I miss but there are also things that I love. I can see a great potential in TS4, and I can't wait to see how it's going to evolve over the years via EPs, SPs and smaller sets (AND free updates ;-)). I still spend more time playing TS3 because this game feels complete and provides more fun activities and adventures for my Sims but I believe TS4 might become my absolute favourite in the future.

If anyone has survived reading this long text - thank you for it. That's all (for now). ;-)
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    I hated the game controls when I first played it so much that I let it sit for 3 weeks before I turned it on again. I have come to love the way sims interact with each other. I actually thought Cst would be a big problem for me but find I can live without it. The only thing I want is consistent color choices. I don't want a light colored coffee table paired with a dark colored end table. If it is part of a set the color choices need to match. I do miss the open world and the loading screens while tolerable are still a pain. I want more community lots like a restaurant.
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    edited October 2014
    My issue is the lack of depht in relationships. I have an insane sim who is a single mother. The father lives in town and frequently visits, so the child has developed a healthy friendship with his dad.

The problem is that the child doesn´t get along with his mother.

She´s evil and insane, so I am not surprised, but their negative relationship should have an impact on the child sim.

He should feel sad. They dislike eachother, no matter how much I try to bring the relationship up they just tear it back down again the minute I leave them to socialize on their own. This ought to result in a terrible childhood, negative emotions and bad memories.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg