March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DWorks Architecture's Builds | NEW: Valentine's Wedding Spot

DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
edited February 2015 in The Sims 4 Lots
As I see others doing, I'm starting this thread to showcase my builds. At the moment I'm only doing the Build-n-Share challenges, but planning on doing more builds outside of that.

This first post will hold a list of all my builds, each with one picture that links to a slideshow/presentation.
They can all be found in the gallery. My id is DieterPrivate, same as on these forums. (I know, not so good name, but I'm stuck with it here...)

Valentine's Wedding Spot - Show presentation - Show in Gallery
02-13-15_11-52%C2%A0PM-3.png

New Springscape - Show presentation - Show in Gallery
00%20Front.png

The Wet Lotus - Show presentation - Show in Gallery
Night%2002.png

Build-n-Share 5 - The Olson's Part Two - Show presentation - Show in Gallery
00%20Title.png

Build-n-Share 4 - A Ghostly Design - Show presentation - Show in Gallery
Build-n-Share%20004.png

Build-n-Share 3 - The Olson's - Show presentation - Show in Gallery
Build-n-Share%20003.png

Build-n-Share 2 - Curtis, Douglas Curtis... The Third. - Show presentation - Show in Gallery
Build-n-Share%20002.png

Build-n-Share 1 - Building firm and Representative - Show presentation - Show in Gallery
Build-n-Share%20001.png
Post edited by DieterPrivate on

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,479 Member
    Your builds and sims are very nice! :) Your power point presentations of them are done so very well! It was great going on a tour of your builds with you through pictures and words. Your accompanying descriptions of the builds, the background of the builds and of each of the pictures, and your labelling of the pictures is done so very well! It looks very great how you have presented the pictures of the sims and their traits! It is great how you wrote captions to accompany the traits! It is great how you showed overall layout plans of the interior of the builds. Very nice exterior designs of the builds ! The roofing on the Olsen's home looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the many windows in your Building Firm and Reoresentative build. It looks a very nice light filled building. It looks great how you have set it up as a showroom of different styles of types of rooms. It is such a very nice picture that you have taken of the views from the balcony in the Douglas Curtis build! Very nice furnishing of each of the builds! Very nice outdoors areas too.
    They are all very nice builds and your presentations of them are done so very well! It was great viewing them, and seeing the pictures and reading the words :)
  • ObsidianMyst78ObsidianMyst78 Posts: 308 Member
    I love The Olson's! There is actually a house here in the town I live in that looks similar that I would love to own IRL!
    View my builds HERE.
    Gallery ID: RAINE78 or click HERE
    [img][/img]16960920500_af39128c74_o.jpgSims Homes by raines_secret, on Flickr

• Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    @DieterPrivate - Wow! I really like all your builds. The colonial is a perfect farm/plantation house and your office for the challenge shows some really creative choices in the design! I like the waterfall/river you built into it.
    5sXtTqH.png
  • KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    Great builds! The Olson's is definitely my favorite - I'm a sucker for Dutch Colonials and have built three of them so far. You did a great job with the roof and architecture, and I love the two porches.
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! I love your builds! Especially the Olson is my favourite! Great job! :D
  • Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Beautiful builds! The exterior on the Olson is stunning, I love the roof line! I also really like the use of the brick/paneling textures on your Curtis build, great combo! :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    edited October 2014
    Hi, I added my latest build. Be sure to check the presentation to see how Mr. William Green died...

Build-n-Share 4 - A Ghostly Design
    Build-n-Share%20004.png
    Green's Ghostly Manor is a very nice home! :) The presentation of the Mr. Green sim and his house is great! Very creatively done power point presentation of your entry! I am sorry that he died from laughing! The green colour and the cobweb background picture that you have placed the pictures of your build on through the presentation looks great and adds to the ghostly eerie theme of the build. His home is very nice! Very nice exterior of it! The tower, roofing and dormers are great! It looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the home , and the green colour of the exterior looks nice. The porch and balcony is great.It looks very nice how you have the outdoors areas! The way you have placed the flowers and plants looks very nice! The birdbath, flower cart and pedestals of flowers look nice there. Sims will enjoy sitting at the outdoors table you have placed there, enjoying being outdoors in the air. It is great how you showed the enlarged gnome at the first part of your presentation, then later on when Mr, Green is a ghost, you have placed a ghost gnome in the garden! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Great design of the kitchen! It looks great how you have placed the fridge in the nook area. The fruit bowl on the dining table and the plates display and pans on the wall are nice kitchen touches there. It looks great how you have done the corner of cabinets. The floor pattern and wall tiling looks great. Very nice dining room! Nice type of dining seats that you have used there which suits well the type of home. The flowers on the dining table are nice for sims to enjoy seeing whilst dining. The grandfather clock looks nice in the room and suits well the victorian theme. Very nice bedrooms. The yellow flowers near the windows look nice. It looks great how you have walk in clothes closets for the bedrooms! Great window study desk nook area in the study for sims to enjoy sitting at the table using the computer with the sunlight coming in through the window. Very nice furnishing of the drawing room. It looks great how you have placed the sofa and arnchairs there. Sims will enjoy sitting and resting in front of the fire having a chat together or a read of a book from the bookcase, whilst listening to music from the gramophone. The flowers on the coffee table are nice for sims to see when sitting there and the teapot set is a nice touch on the side table there. It looks very nice how you have done the curtains.
    It is a very nice home :)
    Oh! Deliciously spooky! Love it! Perfect for Halloween! :D
  • DippyDesignsDippyDesigns Posts: 1,809 Member
    Excellent Victorian and totally spooky! I love the green tinge it has, really adds to the atmosphere of the lot - it looks really fab!
    My Origin ID is DippyDesigns

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

644362_1491605541100631_1472781576571833276_n.jpg?oh=c0019c8ce2de98a0158c1aba60509bc8&oe=57C1A708

• AnotherSimNutAnotherSimNut Posts: 89 Member
    I love your story and presentation about Greens Ghostly Manor. You did an excellent job writing the story and the spooky mansion is spooktacular for Halloween. Well done. Thank you for sharing. Now to find your creation in the Gallery.
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Fantastic builds! Love the Olson's and your presentation on the Victorian is Fabulous! It has a really lovely design and the gardens are gorgeous! :D
    Forgot to say that I have added your build to my favourites! Great job! :D
    Dutch Colonial Cover has been updated to Dutch Colonial Covers!

Build-n-Share 5 - The Olson's Part Two
    00%20Title.png
    Your presentation of your part two of the Olsens home with the addition of the two homes for the parents is very nicely done! :) It was great reading your descriptions of the people and of the homes,and seeing the pictures of them and their houses. You always present your entries so very well! I enjoy looking at and reading them. It looks great how you have posted pictures of the sims in between the description of each of them and their traits. The pictures reflect well the details and description of what you have written about them with their traits and the type of people that they are, Their homes are very nice! Very nice exterior designs of them! The roofing looks great! Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the homes! It looks very nice how you furnished Charlotte's sewing room, and Vivien's Greenhouse looks very nice. Very nice layout of the outdoors area of the build. It looks very nice how you have positioned the homes in the build. Nice pond area between the parents' homes.
    It is a very nice famiky build with the three homes in it. Very nice presentation of it! It would have taken you quite a while to do the slideshow of the people and their homes, and the resulting presentation is very nice to read/watch. :)
  • Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    I love your Dutch Colonials! Beautiful architecture, you did an exceptional job with the roofing and exterior design. I have one question, can I place one of those on my lot in real life? Haha! Fav'd! :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
    I love your Dutch Colonials! Beautiful architecture, you did an exceptional job with the roofing and exterior design. I have one question, can I place one of those on my lot in real life? Haha! Fav'd! :)

Of course you can!

rosemow wrote: »
    Very nice presentation of it! It would have taken you quite a while to do the slideshow of the people and their homes, and the resulting presentation is very nice to read/watch. :)

This time I did it in less time. Sway is really easy to use. There aren't much options yet, as it is in a preview state, but it actually does the heavy lifting for you.
    Beautiful homes! :D I adore the roof and the style of architecture! If I am not mistaken I think I have already added the build to my favourites!
  • ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    Your houses are adorable...perfect proportions! I love the roof work too...very masterful and well done. :)
  • burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Amazing work! I love how you do the roofs on your buildings. I always get stuck at that part and can never get them good enough. I need more practice on that part but you nailed it. :)
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Each of your lots are very cool and awesome! :D
    I love that kind of architecture and roofing. They looks stunning. I gonna love them. :)

Among of your creations, my favorite lots so far are Build-n-Share Entry #1 and #4. #1 is more modern, traditional feel, while #4 is more spooky, yet Victorian feel. :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    edited December 2014
    I finally finished my pool/temple build I wanted to do. After a few redesigns, I ended up with some sort of lotus shape for the 'water temple'. I really like the many plants all over this build, it adds to the relaxing vibe a lounge should have. The red colour for the furniture and accents are chosen to resemble the actual flower on top. Have fun using it!

The Wet Lotus - Show presentation - Show in Gallery
    Night%2002.png
    The Wet Lotus lounge is so very great! :) The exterior design and layout of the build is so very, very nice! There are so many great details and features in the build! It looks very nice how you have done the four leaves with different types of activities for each leaf! . It looks very nice how you have done the water areas! The water fountains and the way you have placed the flowers and plants in the build looks so very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the spandrels and roof trimming in the build. The red and beige colour scheme of the furnishings in the leaf sections looks very nice. The overall design of the build as a lotus leaf looks so very nice! Very nice pictures that you have taken of your build both at night time and in the day! Sims will enjoy sitting at the bar having a drink and a chat, or enjoy sitting at tables eating meals that have been cooked on the bbq, enjoying such very nice surroundings! The roofing in the build is very nice! Sims will enjoy swimming in the pools. Very nice sofa seating sitting areas for sims to enjoy resting there on the seats watching comedy routines and enjoying listening to the grand piano being played.
    The layout and details of this very nice and detailed lounge build venue is so very great! Sims will enjoy visiting the venue :)
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    You are a master. Your new build is very beautiful.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1