Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    @Readalot1 Welcome to the forum, congrats on finding this thread. You won't regret it. :)

@deedee828TheSim If it's not all explained at the beginning of the thread, just hang in here and someone like @Me1620 or @VGryphon will help you out. Sorry, I'm fairly useless at stuff like that! B)
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    J8K9J8K9 Posts: 2,338 Member
    @Taw3001 glad to see you @trithone glad you got home safe and to everyone who now owns the store congrats!! :)
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,004 Member
    edited July 2015
    @Trithone - Welcome home Samantha! I opened the spreadsheet and smiled to see "Last edit was made 2 hours ago by trithone". I am glad you arrived home safely, but so sorry to hear that you came home to the broken sink. Wouldn't it be nice to just click on the sink and contact the repairman!

ETA - Oops. I was in game and see that I should have typed repair technician.

@deedee828TheSim - There are a few ways to figure out what you own.

Crinrict's Sims 3 Store Browser
    Crinrict developed a program/database to track your store purchases. You can download her S3S Browser from her blog. (Her blog is a very useful resource for Sims 3.) Click on the S3SBrowser link in the menu bar to go to the downloads and tutorial pages. She also started a thread on the forum S3SBrowser - A tool to keep your store purchases organised.

The S3S Browser does not install anything into your game; it simply checks your Downloads folder and DCBackup folders and marks items/sets as owned within the program. The opening screen shows the percentage of the store items you own. Note that her database includes discontinued or exclusive items, such as the Dr. Pepper set, that we will unlikely have the opportunity to ever purchase from the store. According to the program, I own 92% of the store and 99% of items with "a link to EA store specified". I do own 100% of items currently available in the EA store. The 99% is due to sets such as When Worlds Collide Collection and Final Frontier Set not being eligible for the Complete Your Set discount. In the S3S Browser, there is an option to manually mark items as owned.

A great feature on the opening screen is "List of not owned Items".

Kellycot1 The Simdex
    Kellycot1 is a member of the I Own the Store Club. She is in the process of creating a catalogue/checklist of the Sims 3 store in PDF format. This excellent check list has photos of the items that are categorized into sets and themes. You manually check off the items you own and add comments too.

I am in the process of using her catalogue to check if all the items I installed through the Launcher have been installed correctly and are available in my game. I had installed Midnight Hollow Gold, but the Golden Ticket Toy Shop did not get installed properly. The toy shop is a big item so I noticed that one, but how do I know if all the smaller items in a set have been installed properly? Kellycot's checklist is a wonderful tool to help me with this. I have the catalogue open on my laptop and my game open on my desktop. As I find the items in my game, I check them off in the Kellycot's checklist.

Use the Sim 3 Website Search Box
    Use the Quick Search box located at the top of the page, just to the right of your username. Select "Store" and then enter an asterisk in the "Search" box. The items you own are labeled "Owned". Those available for purchase show the number of simpoints to buy the item. You can refine the search results on the left navigation frame to show only certain categories.

Create Your Own Spreadsheet
    You can create your own spreadsheet based on your purchase history available on the Sims 3 site and using the information already collected by other Sims 3 site members. I have included links to some threads on the Useful Links tab on the DD Spreadsheet. Some excellent threads to check out are:
    Post edited by Me1620 on
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    @Trithone - Welcome home Samantha! I opened the spreadsheet and smiled to see "Last edit was made 2 hours ago by trithone". I am glad you arrived home safely, but so sorry to hear that you came home to the broken sink. Wouldn't it be nice to just click on the sink and contact the repairman!

YES. Actually, It would be even better to just be able to go in, pull the old sink out, and magically replace it with a new one. We were going to try to do the repair ourselves until my husband pulled up the vanity. Now we have filed an insurance claim. Oh, the mold! Yuck!
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    I just noticed, when did they change the background image on the site?
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    @wittanthony1 - They changed it the other day when they were doing maintenance. I really wish they hadn't changed it. That white background is glaringly bright. I want my Roaring Heights wallpaper back!
    They also moved the 'Buy Simpoints', 'Gift Simpoints', and 'Ways to Pay'. Instead of them being in the open in the Store drop-down, now you have to go to the bottom of that drop-down and highlight 'My Store Account' to find them :/
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    Taw3001Taw3001 Posts: 344 Member
    @ Readalot to answer your question I am a member of the OTS club as of September of last year. I appreciate the thought of wanting to gift me. As @jbsquared2000 just continue in the spirit of gifting and when you can just gift someone else. If you want to do something for me, if you are one of those creative people you can create something to fit my game style. I currently and playing three separate game scenarios (Family, Western, and Stargate) type worlds. Family I started with characters of my Great Grand Parents. Western I started with real and fictitious characters. And Stargate, I created with characters from all three Stargate series (SG1, Atlantis, and Universe).

It makes me feel good to be able to help other simmers get items for there game as it took may many years (July 2009) and purchasing points back then to achieve my goal. Just keep having fun playing the game. My gifting started by the likes of @ME1620 and many other simmers generosity and wanted to join in that tradition. :D
  • Options
    Taw3001 wrote: »
    It makes me feel good to be able to help other simmers get items for there game as it took may many years (July 2009) and purchasing points back then to achieve my goal. Just keep having fun playing the game. My gifting started by the likes of @ME1620 and many other simmers generosity and wanted to join in that tradition. :D
    :o Me? Wow, I didn't know that. You really have more than paid it forward with all the gifting you have done. Like you, it took me many years, and many simpoints to own the store. I started purchasing from the store in June 2009. I purchased points to achieve my goal along with gifts I received from generous simmers. It was not until after I owned the store that the bonus ads finally started on a "regular" basis for us Canadians.

When I read that you like Stargate, I thought immediately of Glenkatko's creations. Check out her Stargate Military Base. You wrote you created characters but maybe she has created some that you haven't. She has SG-1 Stargate team houseshold and the Stargate Atlantis Team household and a few Sims not in households.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    @trithone glad you got home safe mold is awful I wish you luck
    congrats @gnlovew on owning the store

@Whimsicalwind @Teegers and @gnlovew thank you for the gifts sent through @NaggyGina and thank you @NaggyGina I wish I could have read all your messages that came with them as the ones I could read were so funny the one about the drum really made me laugh :):):)

big hugs to all of you
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    Taw3001Taw3001 Posts: 344 Member
    edited July 2015
    :o Me? Wow, I didn't know that. You really have more than paid it forward with all the gifting you have done. Like you, it took me many years, and many simpoints to own the store. I started purchasing from the store in June 2009. I purchased points to achieve my goal along with gifts I received from generous simmers. It was not until after I owned the store that the bonus ads finally started on a "regular" basis for us Canadians.

When I read that you like Stargate, I thought immediately of Glenkatko's creations. Check out her Stargate Military Base. You wrote you created characters but maybe she has created some that you haven't. She has SG-1 Stargate team houseshold and the Stargate Atlantis Team household and a few Sims not in households.

Yes you when you had your last lotto drawing and also allowed me to your list to continue with my lotto's. I switched to gifting individuals on the DD page because the ads have been hard to predict and sometimes like lately and did not have time to hold a drawing before hitting the cap for simpoints. Thanks for the link, I have downloaded many others creation but am always like to try other users creations.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Question: the Live, Laugh, Love Set coming up sometime this week, I believe... Can someone help me pin down an exact day and time for it? I think it's roughly around Midnight CST on Thursday, but I could be off and I want to make sure. Thanks in advance!
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    Readalot1 wrote: »
    Anyway, I'm such a n00b/newb, and I suck at using all forums; it's a natural state of existence for me. Could somebody possibly tell me how to try and gift him something in return? I have a feeling that he either already owns everything in the store or has now been gifted everything by other grateful Simmers anyway, but I'd like to try. I'd been suffering an ad drought until yesterday, and I now have enough SP built up to where I could give him something in return. I sent him a friend request a while back (which he accepted), but when I click on his name through the Sims 3 site all I see is a mini-box showing me his profile picture and his badges. When I click on it through the forums I see a short set of posts and not much else. How do I gift him something? Any help would be appreciated.
    @ Readalot to answer your question I am a member of the OTS club as of September of last year. I appreciate the thought of wanting to gift me. As @jbsquared2000 just continue in the spirit of gifting and when you can just gift someone else. If you want to do something for me, if you are one of those creative people you can create something to fit my game style. I currently and playing three separate game scenarios (Family, Western, and Stargate) type worlds. Family I started with characters of my Great Grand Parents. Western I started with real and fictitious characters. And Stargate, I created with characters from all three Stargate series (SG1, Atlantis, and Universe).

@Taw3001 I know @jbsquared2000 suggested you might add your creation wishlist to @NagyGina's Gift of Creation Game, but I noticed when I was reading the latest in that thread that there wasn't a list from you. I'm sure there are many who would love to 'pay back' by creating something for you. B)

@Readalot1 Ref your question about where to find a wishlist for someone; on the Sims3 site (MyPage) if you look to the right upper corner you will see a small heading for the wishlist, and if that person has one, it will show you the first 3 items on it. On this forum, if someone has an active wishlist, they usually put the link in their signature to make it easy for gifters to find. :)
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    @ApparentlyAwesome - Live, Laugh, Love comes up at 11:19pm CST on Thursday the 30th of July :)
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    RaeNicRaeNic Posts: 767 Member
    @mothersuperior2 Thank you so much for Kevin's undergarments. He does seem to leave them around all willy-nilly, doesn't he? ;)

@jbsquared2000 Thank you so much for the items! And the messages that went along, they made me laugh. And I was able to get one of those sets thanks to you. :)

Hi, everyone! Hope you're all having a nice weekend! ^_^
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Hi everyone! Missed me? Haha. Just to drop in and say congrats to whoever own the store and late happy birthday to whoever birthday I missed. I wished I should download bohemian garden over at friends house. Just wished I got internet. My phone got little data left. Anyway. Happy simming!
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    despina53 wrote: »
    @ApparentlyAwesome - Live, Laugh, Love comes up at 11:19pm CST on Thursday the 30th of July :)

Thank You!!! :smiley:

I just realized... July 30th already?! My birthday will be less than an hour away from when that set comes up. :flushed:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    RaeNic wrote: »
    @mothersuperior2 Thank you so much for Kevin's undergarments. He does seem to leave them around all willy-nilly, doesn't he? ;)

@RaeNic had to laugh at this! o:)

HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    LadybugLeslieLadybugLeslie Posts: 698 Member
    hello!! just wanted to pop in and let you all know I'm still alive ;) I unintentionally went MIA for a few months, but I'm back! I hope you are all doing well. I will never ever be able to catch up on everything I've missed, but I still wanted to say "hello"!
  • Options
    @LadybugLeslie - Welcome back. It is good to see you.

• Options
    friday027friday027 Posts: 610 Member
    @LadybugLeslie - I can't believe my eyes! Welcome back! So nice to see you! :smiley: The baby is coming soon, right? :smile:
  • Options
    LadybugLeslieLadybugLeslie Posts: 698 Member
    @LadybugLeslie - Welcome back. It is good to see you.
    friday027 wrote: »
    @LadybugLeslie - I can't believe my eyes! Welcome back! So nice to see you! :smiley: The baby is coming soon, right? :smile:

Thanks y'all :blush: baby should be here in about 8ish weeks-- it's getting close!
  • Options
    @LadybugLeslie - Baby? Did I know that? Eight weeks! Very exciting.

• Options
    While I prefer to have the first post on the page for this update, I don't want to wait for 8 more messages to be posted. I could add the 8 messages myself, but I don't want to be pulled over for spamming.

This list of 12 deals includes a lot of sets, of which approximately half are "Green" deals.

Current Deal
    741 ) Marvelous Mirror / 23 / 75 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: Indulgent Living; Indulgent Living + Luxe Loungewear
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

Upcoming Deals
    742 ) Mediterranean Villa Kitchen/Dining / 336 / 630 / 47% / 2 hours
    Part of: July 2011 Compilation Set; Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection (one item)
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 89, # 370, & # 692)

743 ) Wretched Threads / 780 / 1300 / 40% / 2 hours
    Part of: Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 295, # 432, & # 127)

744 ) Loads of Laundry / 600 / 1080 / 44% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation Includes: Ultra Lounge Laundry; I Heart the 50’s Laundry; Bayside Laundry
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 447, # 399, # 834, but less than # 688)

745 ) Haute Hacienda Dining Room- Artful Adobe Fireplace / 98 / 162 / 40% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hacienda Dining Room Set; Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation; Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set
    This is the only time this item is on the DD list

746 ) Luxe Kidswears / 270 / 1000 / 73% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the best price for this item (Less than # 589 & # 827 )

747 ) Haute Hip / 333 / 859 / 61% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the best price for this item (Less than # 848)

748 ) More Magic! / 902 / 1782 / 49% / 2 hours
    Part of: January 2012 Compilation; parts of More Magic! are included in Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings
    Includes: The Soothsayers Crystal Ball Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the best price for this item (Less than # 133, # 672, # 143)

749 ) Linen Leafs Shirt / 34 / 68 / 50% / 2 hours
    Part of: Beach Bummin'
    This is the only time this item is on the DD list

750 ) The Jazz Age Wear / 560 / 1029 / 46% / 2 hours
    Part of: Jazz Age Living Room + Jazz Age Wear; February 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the best price for this item (Less than # 550 & # 695)

751 ) May 2012 Compilation Set / 1540 / 2800 / 45% / 2 hours
    This Compilation is not part of any other set or compilation
    Includes: Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection; Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom Set; Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom Set; Gothic Glamour- Living Room and Home Office Collection; Technophobe No More; Gothic Glamour- Home Office Set; Gothic Glamour- Living Room Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 454, # 395, & # 436)

752 ) Provence / 343 / 693 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: World Inspiration Compilation; 3 items are included in Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 152, # 933, & # 610)

753 ) Regal Living Dining Room Set / 185 / 244 / 24% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Regal Living Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the best price for this item (Less than # 258 )

• Options
    MysticOstrich08MysticOstrich08 Posts: 701 Member
    edited July 2015
    Managed to get Luxe Kidswear down to 540 sp with the help of some very generous people! How much do you reckon it'll cost me when it's on DD in a few hours? @Me1620 @LadybugLeslie
    tROiX0l.gif

My Threads

My Creation Thread
  • Options
    FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
    edited July 2015
    First, it's good to see the person who started the cascade thread is back! Welcome back! Your thread helped me a lot!
    So thank you and congratulations!

~

Now I have a question :)

I was looking at the 'Best of 2012 Compilation', and I was wondering, since I'm going to get both 'More Magic' and 'Itadakimasu' for free. Do you think that if I manage to get 'India Inspirations Collection', it will give me 'Stones Throw Greenhouse' for free?

Compilation page is here: http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:61336

'More Magic' is 1782sp
    'Itadakimasu' is 1265sp
    'India Inspirations Collection' is 1783sp

Together it's 4830sp

The compilation is worth 5832sp

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you :)

Edit: First post on cascade thread answered my question :)
    Post edited by FoxyLovesKitty on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top