Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,009 Member
    @VGryphon - Welcome to the "I Unofficially Own the Store Club". :) So glad to have been a part of the journey.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    VGryphonVGryphon Posts: 1,310 Member
    edited July 2015
    Thank you!

Edit:
    I have about 5 hours before I can poke the MMAO machine.
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
    Click here to request a signature banner.
  • Options
    deedee828TheSimdeedee828TheSim Posts: 146 Member
    @Taw3001 Thanks for all the gifts! Wow--nothing on my wish list again. I'll have to go check out what else I need to get. Happy Friday all and enjoy the 1st weekend of August!
  • Options
    Taw3001Taw3001 Posts: 344 Member
    edited August 2015
    @Taw3001 Thanks for all the gifts! Wow--nothing on my wish list again. I'll have to go check out what else I need to get. Happy Friday all and enjoy the 1st weekend of August!

You are welcome.
  • Options
    Readalot1Readalot1 Posts: 338 Member
    edited August 2015
    Oh my gosh! I leave the Sims 3 store/forum for a few days and come back to the lovely surprise of my (admittedly small) wishlist being completely wiped out! Thank you to @rionismyname for the lovely Taft Jug with Flowers, and many, many, many thanks to @Reachsims for gifting me the Hideaway Bunk Bed, Bountiful Beret, Pert Pixie Cut, Coffee Tray with Book Accents, and Born Beautiful Dress. Everybody here is so wonderful!

I usually just use my Wishlist as a reminder to myself of a few things I'd really like to have, but don't buy because I focus my energy/points into the items on DD or weekly sale. I mostly keep them up there in the hope that someone will occasionally be kind enough to splurge for my poor self and help me work towards the CYS discount for sets that rarely go on sale. So seeing my wishlist vanish so suddenly is like a miniature Christmas! Once again, many thanks and happy Sim-ing!

Adding on to this, @angeljess26 came along and pretty much wiped out my attempts to create another wish list no more than two hours later! Oh my gosh! I just can't get over how generous everyone is. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

P.S. I know this isn't the "proper" thread for thanking people, but I don't know a good "official" place to do that. Does anyone have any tips?
    Post edited by Readalot1 on
    I'm a real girl now! I have a signature!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Thank You Thread here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited August 2015
    @Readalot1 you are most welcome for the gifts. You might be interested in participating in the Gifting Directory which is also a very convenient place to thank others for gifts, as countless others have done before. Have a great weekend and enjoy your game.

EDIT: Thank you for the friend request. :)
  • Options
    mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    @Readalot1 Get used to being without a wishlist ... it happens a lot here. :) Check out the Cascades thread if you haven't already, it's really useful. CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP

The bit where you said 'I only had the wishlist to remind myself' is an oft repeated reaction to it vanishing, I know, it happened to me. I was amazed at the generosity of fellow Simmers, especially DD list stalkers. Beware though, it's addictive. B)

Here's another thread you will probably find useful. forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/711527/complete-a-set#latest :) Happy Simming! B)
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited August 2015
    @Readalot1 you're welcome for the gifts
    You may want to pick a couple of sets you're working towards and put up items from them, now that you're talking here wishlists can disappear quickly, especially when people get in a gifting mood.
    You can try making your own thank you thread in the gift giving and thank yous section of the forums
    Edit: you need a new Wishlist again lol :smiley::p
    And don't forget to check your CYS for all your new stuff
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    Taw3001 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the likes, just hit 500 for a new badge. Also thank everyone for the lol's and getting me the 25 lol badge last week. Hit my 6 year badge last month.

Congrats on all the badges @Taw3001 :)
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,381 Member
    Got the green button on Dreams of India yesterday, yay! Thanks to everyone who helped me get there. :)
  • Options
    Mrs_Law2010Mrs_Law2010 Posts: 14 New Member
    @Readalot1 You should update your wishlist. :) I was on a DD stalker gifting spree yesterday and was sad when I found your wishlist empty. All the other generous folks beat me there!
  • Options
    @Readalot1 You should update your wishlist. :) I was on a DD stalker gifting spree yesterday and was sad when I found your wishlist empty. All the other generous folks beat me there!
    That's what happens when people are in different timezones, you gift, people go to bed, you gift more, bye bye Wishlist. :smiley:
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    If anybody does feel like gifting, there is a link to a wishlist in my signature to a person that is looking for help getting stuff from the store. Trying to help a friend out. Thank you to anybody who does send any gifts.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Thanks @Reachsims! I saw your comment in the gift-giving-comment-box, and was about to create a post last night when my wishlist was double-whammied by @angeljess26 ! I did just take your advice and create a post on the Gifting Directory.

Thanks so much for the links @mothersuperior2 ! I'd seen the Cascades thread before - I think it's linked on the first page of this thread, but I've trawled through so many pages now I can't remember anymore :P The Complete a Set thread was interesting though. I made a post, and hopefully between that and the Gifting Directory I'll really be able to put a dent in some things - thanks again for the link!

@angeljess26 - YOU ARE A SAINT! Have I mentioned that? Once again, thank you for totally blowing my wishlist out of the water. If you had a wishlist left I would Ninja-Gift you in response, but I can't :'( And you were also right - I did go to bed :p I live in California, and for some reason I have a penchant for becoming an internet-zombie during the summer. I messed up my Circadian Rhythm so badly I woke up at 11:00 A.M. today.

Awww, thanks @Mrs_Law2010 ! You're so sweet to want to gift me something! I was going to gift you something just because you posted that, but I didn't see anything under your wishlist. Are you a member of the Own the Store Club? Or do you need to update your own wishlist?

As a general call out: I can't link, my responses to people don't highlight/link their names, and apparently I can't quote people either. This has been bothering me all day. Is this because I'm a n00b and don't know how to forum, or is it EA's way of punishing me for being a n00b? If it's the latter, I may have to Toadify an EA executive!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • Options
    Taw3001Taw3001 Posts: 344 Member
    edited August 2015
    Readalot1 wrote: »
    As a general call out: I can't link, my responses to people don't highlight/link their names, and apparently I can't quote people either. This has been bothering me all day. Is this because I'm a n00b and don't know how to forum, or is it EA's way of punishing me for being a n00b? If it's the latter, I may have to Toadify an EA executive!

You are still considered a new member and restricted by your account on what you can do. here is a link that explains it in more detail.forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know/p1 Hope this helps you out along with other new members. I looked at your page and it shows you have enough points you just need more posts.
  • Options
    Oooooohhhhhhhh! Thank you @Taw3001. That (and the Forum Tutorial) explained so much! You are a wonderful person, as always!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • Options
    Thanks @Reachsims! I saw your comment in the gift-giving-comment-box, and was about to create a post last night when my wishlist was double-whammied by @angeljess26 ! I did just take your advice and create a post on the Gifting Directory.

@angeljess26 - YOU ARE A SAINT! Have I mentioned that? Once again, thank you for totally blowing my wishlist out of the water. If you had a wishlist left I would Ninja-Gift you in response, but I can't :'( And you were also right - I did go to bed :p I live in California, and for some reason I have a penchant for becoming an internet-zombie during the summer. I messed up my Circadian Rhythm so badly I woke up at 11:00 A.M. today.
    You're welcome again. :smiley: To be fair the Wishlist only had 4 or 5 little items on it each time, but every little item helps. :smiley:
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    You have enough points right now (50+), all you need is at least 30 posts to become a full member.
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    So haven't finished catching up just yet but...
    Welcome to all our new friends
    Congrats to all who own the store that I missed congratulating
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend :smile: It's a long weekend here where I live so we're staying at a friends cottage so trying not to be on my phone much. I couldn't help but notice the Sims games lying on my friend's desk. Their daughter recently got them for her birthday. I started going on and on about the game and all the ep's and sp's. The kid's eyes glazed over. Not sure if it's because she didn't realize there was so much stuff available or because this "old mom" played the game lol! :smiley: I briefly mentioned the store but decided I didn't want to get her "hooked" on it. She is a bit willful and I'm afraid her parents might get annoyed and not invite me back lol :wink:

@calents hope the exam went well and that u enjoy your short but we'll deserved summer break.

Welcome to @Readalot1 :smile: the information on this thread and LadybugLeslie's Cascade thread are priceless and @Reachsims Gifting Directory and the Complete a Set thread are excellent places to ask for help when working on particular sets. I wouldn't be a member of the Own The Store Club without them :blush:

@VGryphon did you get your last set? Have u gotten any exclusives free yet?

Sorry for the wall of text. Enjoy the rest of your weekends and long weekends to all my Canadian friends :kissing_heart:
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    Got an email from Amazon the other day, telling me I might be interested in bargain Sims3 EP's etc. I would've been if I hadn't owned them all. They look to be about half price, I hope the offer is still on. Maybe it may help some of you, I hope so. B)

HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    FenrysFenrys Posts: 50 Member
    edited August 2015
    Got an email from Amazon the other day, telling me I might be interested in bargain Sims3 EP's etc. I would've been if I hadn't owned them all. They look to be about half price, I hope the offer is still on. Maybe it may help some of you, I hope so. B)
    This information could be useful to me. Investigation time!

Edit: YES, the deal is still on right now! Guess I'll be blowing the remainder of my Amazon balance on the two EPs I never got around to buying, haha.
    Post edited by Fenrys on
    Wishlist | Studio

YAAASSS, I can finally have a signature! <3
  • Options
    calentscalents Posts: 245 Member
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    @calents hope the exam went well and that u enjoy your short but we'll deserved summer break.

Thanks! The grades are officially in and I earned As in both courses. I don't know if I'll ever do another intensive language class over the summer, it was quite grueling, but I think it was worth it in the end.
    Now a member of the Own the Store Club! Thank you to everyone who helped!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    @VGryphon did you get your last set? Have u gotten any exclusives free yet?

Sorry for the wall of text. Enjoy the rest of your weekends and long weekends to all my Canadian friends :kissing_heart:
    I can't currently get the exclusives as they are being blocked by the Gold Worlds & Date Night. I've not been able to set aside the time to deal with customer support yet.

Yes, I did get the last set I didn't own: Dreams of India.
    XmKUks3.jpg
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    That's great!!!! @calents :smiley:

Keep trying @VGryphon :smile: I don't own any of the gold worlds (except Midnight Hollow) and the exclusives eventually showed up. Just be careful...after so many bad deals I was conditioned to hit the "make another offer" button and missed a free exclusive twice because of that prolonging the process :confounded:
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top