Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bon Voyage vs. World Adventures.

Comments

• Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited August 2014
    I take back what I said, I was thinking of another EP from sims 1
  • Options
    MariposahMariposah Posts: 249 Member
    I like the idea of a mixture of the two. Adventures and relaxation. When I go on vacations in real life I always do both. Some days are out and about, other days are reserved for the pool/beach or hammock with a book.
    TS4-Signature.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiraehd
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Holy cow. I'm obsessed with a cruise ship now. B)

Someone made the grand staircase of the Titanic!

MTS_zelda101-1294009-ScreenShot2012-05-14at8.53.10PM.jpg

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=471054&c=1&ht=&page=3&pp=25#startcomment
  • Options
    paramournparamourn Posts: 375 Member
    World Adventures was not relaxing AT ALL. I liked the Tomb Raider feel of it, but after doing it once, I didn't want to do it again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    I liked both packs and would like to see different worlds have different styles. Maybe one world with Bon Voyage style relaxation, one world with World Adventures like exploration, and one with Island Paradise water and sun fun.
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    I really disliked WA cause if I wanted to play Tomb Raider that's what I would do. It just didn't fit and is probably the one expansion I was pretty meh about in TS3. Bon Voyage was much better vacation wise. WA had it's good points but the quests and stuff we're just way too strange.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    FertieSimsFertieSims Posts: 162 Member
    Uh, I dislike World Adventures a lot. Bon Voyage was one of my fave EP's from The Sims 2. I like going on holidays and paying for cheap/expensive accommodation, ordering room service etc. I never went traveling with my sims because usually they're not adventurous, brave or athletic, and you basically can't do anything else but explore tombs etc so it wasn't my fave. (Oh and you cook your own food and share rooms with randoms...) I reeaaallly hope they make a Bon Voyage 2.0.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I really enjoyed World Adventures, and the scenery was beautiful. I still haven't explored all the tombs, though.
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    Mix the two together, visit your favourite places and relax in a spa, buy collectables from shops and eat out for dinner then if your sims are more adventurous take them sight seeing it would work great with TS4's new secret location/unlock locations feature!
  • Options
    AlouetteDunsmoreAlouetteDunsmore Posts: 260 Member
    Bon Voyage definitely. Much more like a vacation instead of a chore...
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    Neither! I dislike taking my sims on vacation... But if I had to pick one, I would go with Bon Voyage...

~Kaleb
  • Options
    Lea347Lea347 Posts: 248 Member
    I miss Bon Voyage. This EP was much better than WA. If we are going to have vacations in TS4, I would prefer to play for relaxing moments than running around crazily trying to find stones, keys or momies. Another thing I loved in BV was the challenges (dancing polka, swimming in the sea, tanning in the sun, exploring a pirate ship..) It was interesting and easy to achieve..So, just a bit of challenges is enough, not too much
  • Options
    hqsoares2hqsoares2 Posts: 19 Member
    I prefer a Mix of both
  • Options
    Dec3338Dec3338 Posts: 180 Member
    edited August 2014
    Bon Voyage.

bears.gif
  • Options
    Snakefire30Snakefire30 Posts: 473 Member
    I've always wanted a combination of Bon Voyage and World Adventures. There are times I'm in the mood for a relaxing vacation, but other times I'm more in the mood for the Adventures. I like the Adventures that came with World Adventures, I just don't like the bugs that came with the EP.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I've always wanted a combination of Bon Voyage and World Adventures. There are times I'm in the mood for a relaxing vacation, but other times I'm more in the mood for the Adventures. I like the Adventures that came with World Adventures, I just don't like the bugs that came with the EP.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My WA works great and I go on vacation to get away from the bugs! lol

• Options
    MuglsMugls Posts: 39 Member
    I really like WA, it is a really interesting EP but it wasn't vacation, so i think Bon Voyage is better.
    ccuoe4L.gif
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Definitely Bon Voyage. Every sim needs a vacation every once in a while, and that is what Bon Voyage brought to the game.

World Adventures, on the other hand, was not about "going on vacation", it was about going on an adventure. Adventures are only a vacation for certain types of people (imo).

I did like WA, but Bon Voyage was a better vacation-EP by far.

Honestly though, I also wouldn't mind if they did a combo EP that combined elements of both. Or even if they did two different EP's, one that added real vacation destinations and one that added adventure destinations.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    I think bon voyage, WA, IP, all rolled into one. The adventurous quests would be in all vacation spots but they would all have relaxing areas and resorts but by god those resorts better be redone in a better way. I want everything from hostels to the full 5 star resort. and everything in the middle (motel, hotel, campsites, cottages). And vacation homes would NOT require the questing it would be either money or #of visits.

These Vacation areas would have family, kids, couples, and singles activities. Full shopping with the postcards to send back home to your friends.

Locations could include:
    Beach
    snowy (ski resort town)
    forest camping area
    and a sampling of vacation areas reminiscent from areas around the world. (safari, Australian, Asian, European) *many more possibilities

But each current world and new worlds would get a lot for a hotel of some kind so we could pretend to visit the town even if it is just a loading screen away. (Maybe in my game Oasis Springs takes several days to drive to from Willow Creek so we would need a hotel to visit it)

One way or another it needs to be well thought out.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    IF we get a new vacation/travel based EP, which would you rather have? A relaxing EP like Bon Voyage was, or an Indiana Jones-style one like World Adventures?
    Bon Voyage please! World Adventures was a joke.

6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    It's too bad they couldn't have made Sunlit Tides or Isla Paradiso a vacation site, although I think the Traveller Mod made that possible.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I think both would be nice. I can see some adventures - Like a white water rafting/ camping trip or an Photo shooting type Safari, as well as going through China or Egypt, and maybe even something into outerspace - but we also need real vacations for families, as well as cultural, and Honeymoons. So we could have options instead of one or the other. I did enjoy the WA trips but I also loved the Sims 2 Bon Voyage Vacations. It would have been perfect if we could have had an ep called adventure and another Vacations and Honeymoons. Well in my own opinion anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Bon Voyage. I hated WA
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    NoahBangsNoahBangs Posts: 91 Member
    I prefer World Adventures. I can imagine the possibilities if we get a similar pack for Sims 4.
  • Options
    bluebythebookbluebythebook Posts: 65 Member
    I would want one that is 60% World Adventures and 40% Bon Voyage. Give me some challenges to do, but allow me to purchase a home outright or stay in a hotel of my choosing, and don't force me to do activities if I don't want to do them.

I hated that in WA we had to stay at the mucky base camps or camp grounds until we hit Visa level 3 and could then purchase a home. In BV I loved the variety of accommodations, but there was nothing to DO once you were there. 80% of what you can do on a BV trip you can also do at home. You can buy a mahjong table or install a log rolling pool in your backyard if you want, etc.

I feel like WA had more longevity in its activities given how many tombs there were to complete and how many various errands you could run. And, don't forget that some players made some really great tomb lots for download from the Exchange or other sites. I'm also just a history/geography/culture nerd so the whole idea of visiting other countries was right up my alley anyway.