Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bon Voyage vs. World Adventures.

Comments

• Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I kind of liked both for various reasons and thought, why not mix the two? Adventurous sims can go exploring and all that in tombs and other sims that just want to relax can do that. The game play can last longer and give more options as there is more of a reason to go back to the places, depending on the type of sim you have or what you personally choose. Why just one or the other? Can try new things, unlock new memories, etc....
  • Options
    deibreakdeibreak Posts: 386 Member
    I never played Bon Voyage, and World Adventures was always my least favorite. I hardly ever have had my sims go to vacation worlds in TS3.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Why not both?

Let the places originally start off as relaxing vacations but have like a location or something where any sim can go if they want to do adventures. But opportunities and chances to do adventures don't arise unless you go there and sign up.

There could be an adventure board there for adults, teens, and children to do. And if there are visa levels so you could eventually get a vacation home and stay longer, your visa level increases a bit faster partaking in adventures. And when you're ready to stop doing adventures, you could just go back and sign out.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    3, People- we need all 3 types of Vacations/WA expansion combo. The Sims had an wonderful vacation expansion. :D
  • Options
    Stargate1007Stargate1007 Posts: 40 Member
    I love them both. For me because it is on dvd and ea can possible access dual layer dvd I may greedy but that is human nature to want more anyway for what it's worth I would like more adventures and more vacations in more places. Fact is I would love whatever they bring out but for me it would never be enough.
  • Options
    NikoBellicNikoBellic Posts: 41 Member
    Both are fine, but I prefer Bon Voyage more because it's more vacation themed. I had so much fun staying in hotels, swimming in the sea, sunbathing and greeting locals.
    But I wasn't disappointed with World Adventures, because I didn't expect it to be another vacation themed EP. I thought of it more as a adventure/exploration/short trip experience.
    That said, both games are good, but I prefer BV because vacation gameplay suits me (and TS series) better.
  • Options
    JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    I like aspects of both. I hope the Sims 4 equivalent is a mix of both: relaxing sightseeing, meeting the locals, discovering the customs, with tombs you can explore if you so choose. Not one or the other.

aka I WANT IT ALL
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Aotearoa14Aotearoa14 Posts: 155 Member
    Liked Bon Voyage. Have WA installed - for years - and only played a little bit once. Really hated it.
  • Options
    SadieMSadieM Posts: 150 Member
    Bon Voyage :)
  • Options
    Toadette12Toadette12 Posts: 193 Member
    Definitely Bon Voyage. In TS1 and TS2, I loved taking my Sims on a relaxing holiday. I missed that in The Sims 3.
    TS4_EP04_WebQuiz_04.jpg
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Both had pros and cons, I loved the adventure element in World Adventures, but Bon Voyage felt like a real holiday you could take your family :)
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    Bon Voyage and World Adventures had both good and bad parts.
    With Bon Voyage I did not like going of screen for the adventures and having the random pop ups but loved the working hotels and the fact depending on your buget as where you could stay.
    With World Adventures I didn't like how you stayed at a Base camp or Hostel and had to cook and clean up for yourself. While the adventures where enjoyable for me (my sims would usally come back richer from all the hidden gems that was found in WA)
    The best would be a strong mixer of both, have the working hotels from BV and the adventures from WA.
  • Options
    Addicted2FashionAddicted2Fashion Posts: 507 Member
    Bon voyage. I want to go on a vacation not a quest.
    2dlpsog.png

• Options
    Addicted2FashionAddicted2Fashion Posts: 507 Member
    Bon Voyage for sure.
    2dlpsog.png

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Bon Voyage. I think it should be Bon Voyage vs. Island Paradise, because World Adventures lacked the vacation feel of the previous expansion packs. I hated World Adventures, the only reason I got it was because of the hair for children (got it for 5$).
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Geminilynne18Geminilynne18 Posts: 41 Member
    I didn't really like World Adventures. It became VERY boring quickly! I would love another vacation style expansion with more locations. Hopefully EA will listen and we will get one!
  • Options
    TeutonicTeutonic Posts: 74 Member
    Bon Voyage definetly,the only stuff i liked in WA were the recipes,grapes,wine making and relics,oh and the fortune cookies.
    A mix between BV and IP would be awesome.
  • Options
    KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    Personally, Bon Voyage felt so boring to me. World Adventures was more about... well, adventures, hence the it's expansion pack name. Island Paradise was the more vacation-like expansion pack to me. I really liked World Adventures because it added a lot more than Bon Voyage though. BY added a couple items, lots, and clothes; it was nothing too special. WA added quite a bit; new skills such as photography, nectar making, martial arts, it added basements, more clothes, more items, new lots, tons of other goodies.... Oh, and adventures! :D
  • Options
    dimp10dimp10 Posts: 148 Member
    Definitely Bon Voyage. World Adventures is my least favorite Sims 3 expansion by far.
    Nox.
    tumblr_m7q3sarQX11rxf32jo2_500.gif
    Nox.
  • Options
    ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    Bon Voyage for sure!
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • Options
    jirlucfanjirlucfan Posts: 447 Member
    I didn't have either, but I really do miss The Sims Vacations. They should combine aspects from all 3 of those expansions I think!
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    I think little bits of both, to unlock certain things you can explore and do things, but mostly, you can relax look around, learn new skills, I would not like an almost clear cut copy of TS3: WA as all the tombs tunnels etc. that were mostly the same no matter the location was fun at first and is nice every once in a while got boring pretty quick, the EP was great for sending Sims on Honeymoon though.
    If we get a Vacation pack I would like to see Australia with Indigenous and non Indigenous etc.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I never got to play with World Adventures but I watched let's plays with it and I really like Bon Voyage it had some exploring options while having more of a vacation feel I guess. I'd like a mix sub worlds with secrets to find or you could ignore it and just be a typical tourist.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I enjoyed World Adventures and I think there was some really nice things - the worlds were beautiful and it was nice to see real life places. However, Bon Voyage is the winner for me. I want my Sim to go on vacations instead of going adventuring.
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    A beach theme