Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bon Voyage vs. World Adventures.

Comments

• lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Bon Voyage, for sure. I want beaches, beach houses, hotels and stuff like that. World Adventures was very boring in my opinion and is my least favorite EP from The Sims 3.
  • oscarx2poscarx2p Posts: 27 Member
    I loved Bon Voyage back in TS2 days. WA was okay not my favorite EP but not the worst. For TS4 I'd like a mix of the two EPs. And if you add Island PAradise it would be a perfect EP. Maybe in 2019 after Pets (2017) and Seasons (2018).
  • YoGummyBearYoGummyBear Posts: 41 Member
    I felt they are two completely different things, as Bon Voyage is suppose to be a vacation expansion, while World Adventures was an exploration/rpg expansion.
    With that said, if I had to choose between an expansion similar to Bon Voyage or World Adventures, I'd choose World Adventures. I enjoyed World Adventures in TS3 more than Bon Voyage in TS2. In fact, World Adventures was one of my favorite Sims 3 expansion.
    grimbunny-wallpaper-the-sims-4.jpg
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I haven't played nor plan to play The Sims 2, so I don't know much about Bon Voyage. For the World Adventures part, I actually enjoyed World Adventures minus France. Horribly boring, France was.

But I would like to see something different for a vacation EP.
  • deerplaysthesimsdeerplaysthesims Posts: 24 New Member
    I enjoyed Bon Voyage more than World Adventures so...Bon Voyage please!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I hope we get a nice combination of both. A place to go for vacation to relax and enjoy the surroundings or/and go exploring and dig up stuff. It would be an added bonus if we could live there year round. There are always those odd people that live in vacation spots year round and seem a little weird.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Bon Voyage all the way if I wanted to quest or explore I'd play another game not The Sims.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    There are quests in Bon Voyage - perhaps you didn't look for them. Like the Hermit Quest- The Wise Man- The Ghost Pirate Quest-The Ninja Quest. Solving each one gave your Sims a special ability - Like the Ninja gave you teleportation. The Wise Man gave you the story telling ability and the WISDOM to teach your others skills faster. etc. There were others too. All the Sims games had quests galore actually. All kinds in Sims 1 too. I enjoyed all the quests in every sIms game actually and do them all. Fun rewards. Sims 3 has more quests than just those in WA too.

They are pretty bogus in Sims 4 so far. And they have no point really that I can see. Too simple too. Sad. As I like Sims 4 but it is dumbed down a lot.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Bon Voyage...though it would be nice in the future to have some sort of GP or EP that has an adventure system of some sort. I liked having some quests to do. :)
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    I think that the GP that will come, will be a mix of WA and bon voyage. WA was not very popular so it would be weird if they would make a GP with just the adventure feeling. It think it will include a good mix of both
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    I like both because they are both different.

In Bon Voyage it was all about vacationing and taking your sims to different location sets to relax and explore. There were spa's, hotels, beach areas where sims could swim and sun bathe, they also introduced photos and photo albums that you could customise, jewellery, different cultural activities, greetings, vacation secrets, honeymoons, new NPC's like the ninja, the pirate ghost, the witch doctor, hula dancers, hotel management and employees, room service, etc. It was all about vacation.

Now WA was different. The focus was exploration, tomb raiding and archaeology. Sims could dig up artefacts, collect gold coins, vases, rare foreign bugs, raid tombs in three real world locations, sims could photograph the monuments with the photography skill, there was nectar and nectar making, ancient mummies, vendors that would travel from place to place, general stores for food, cultural books and supplies, and the point was to get filthy rich with the objects you would discover in your tomb raiding. You had to go through the townies to get to hidden tombs they had hidden or had the keys to. You had to sleep inside tombs to get the most out of them. There was also sim kong fu, snake charming and sims could learn foreign songs. Instead of a vacation planner, sims had the passport to go to these locations and explore.

Now Island Paradise was more like Bon Voyage, with resorts, beach activities, boats, underwater diving etc.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited January 2018
    Bon Voyage was so much fun to me and I miss the vibe of the game. If we get a similar game I hope we'll be able to travel with our pets & sims starting at toddler age. I also hope we get to have vacation home/hotels/resorts and be able to buy souvenirs. Oh and I would love an actual booking process like with when we'd like to travel, for how long, list of friends we might want to invite, room type options, how many rooms needed...etc.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Bon Voyage was soo boring to me. I prefer World Adventures. I want a little danger and a choice of a more unique experience in my game!
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    With the way they are doing GP we could end up seeing both ideas explored. OR is little more like Bon Voyage, maybe this new one will be more like WA. And we could still get more vacation spots. No need to choose one or the other.
  • VINTAVAVINTAVA Posts: 22 Member
    I'd like a mixture of both.
  • VINTAVAVINTAVA Posts: 22 Member
    > @VINTAVA said:
    > I'd like a mixture of both.

Because, who says we can't have it all?! ;D
    edited January 2018
    I really look forward to a new Vacation spot for sure - what ever it is. Hope it is Honeymoon friendly like BV was.

That was my one sore spot with WA - it was not friendly to Honeymooners. LOL. Took me forever to get my honeymooning couple reputation fixed after their Egyptian Honeymoon. I so loved the ones in BV - who'd think a vacation place was anti - newlyweds. Hopefully Sims 4 is friendly to them like BV was.

BV or WA - that is tough - as I love aspects of both and the activites. I would probably say WA edged over BV as it was gorgeous and you got to fully be a part of the adventures - where as the adventure side of BV was mostly all chance cards. But other than that BV is still a lot of fun and I still adore WA. But WA is slightly more enchanting and satisfying to me. Can't speak for my sims though they seem to all be equally happy in either game. LOL.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I really look forward to a new Vacation spot for sure - what ever it is. Hope it is Honeymoon friendly like BV was.

That was my one sore spot with WA - it was not friendly to Honeymooners. LOL. Took me forever to get my honeymooning couple reputation fixed after their Egyptian Honeymoon. I so loved the ones in BV - who'd think a vacation place was anti - newlyweds. Hopefully Sims 4 is friendly to them like BV was.
    I recently sent two friends to Egypt to do some tomb exploring and they fell in love there.

OQ9j9iq.png

qlPA23L.png

Don’t quite see why you consider the worlds of WA anti-lovers ;) Isn’t that up to the player?
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    You know I’m seeing all these people saying they’d prefer Bon Voyage, but I remember back in the day when I was playing World Adventures that I had such a blast playing the game. I really enjoyed all these missions and tombs to explore, but then again I didn’t really try out Bon Voyage all too much so I wouldn’t really know the difference. Although thinking about it now, releasing World Adventures as the first expansion pack for the Sims 3 I could see as being a bit strange. None the less if I were to install that pack today I could see myself enjoying the heck out of the game.
    edited January 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I recently sent two friends to Egypt to do some tomb exploring and they fell in love there.

OQ9j9iq.png

qlPA23L.png

Don’t quite see why you consider the worlds of WA anti-lovers ;) Isn’t that up to the player?

Well for me it surely was not my choice for my sims to get a bad reputation that followed them home from their honeymoon and have to waste lots of time and money to fix their reputation all because they were being honeymooners. So for me it was a bad experience.

I even tried a second honeymoon with another couple in China and got the same experience. You cannot control that reputation thing in Sims 3 unless you use mods. I love WA - I just learned not to send couples in love exploring after that. Later on when we finally got resorts and hotels I made Newlywed resorts and solved my issues for honeymoons - it was just a shame my adventure loving newly weds had to go elsewhere to enjoy a Honeymoon.

I suppose if they had never added the reputation thing to Sims 3 it would not have been an issue - as it wasn't when the WA game first came out.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,830 Member
    Bon Voyage.
    edited January 2018

OQ9j9iq.png

qlPA23L.png

Well for me it surely was not my choice for my sims to get a bad reputation that followed them home from their honeymoon and have to waste lots of time and money to fix their reputation all because they were being honeymooners. So for me it was a bad experience.

I even tried a second honeymoon with another couple in China and got the same experience. You cannot control that reputation thing in Sims 3 unless you use mods. I love WA - I just learned not to send couples in love exploring after that. Later on when we finally got resorts and hotels I made Newlywed resorts and solved my issues for honeymoons - it was just a shame my adventure loving newly weds had to go elsewhere to enjoy a Honeymoon.

I suppose if they had never added the reputation thing to Sims 3 it would not have been an issue - as it wasn't when the WA game first came out.
    Why did they get a bad reputation? I don't quite understand that to be honest, doesn't that just happen when there's a third - jealous - party? When two sims are honeymooning and there are no secret sweethearts, nothing will happen to their reputation. Or was it 'public woohoo'...? But you'd have to blame Late Night for that, not WA.

On topic by the way: I played Bon Voyage and not only do I find that expansion incomparable to WA (they take an imaginary plane, that's the only analogy), for me it also was kind of boring. The restaurant was nice, but the hotel was a disappointment for me (all the guests in the other rooms were invisible) and so were the ruins.
    5JZ57S6.png

OQ9j9iq.png

qlPA23L.png

Why did they get a bad reputation? I don't quite understand that to be honest, doesn't that just happen when there's a third - jealous - party? When two sims are honeymooning and there are no secret sweethearts, nothing will happen to their reputation. Or was it 'public woohoo'...? But you'd have to blame Late Night for that, not WA.

On topic by the way: I played Bon Voyage and not only do I find that expansion incomparable to WA (they take an imaginary plane, that's the only analogy), for me it also was kind of boring. The restaurant was nice, but the hotel was a disappointment for me (all the guests in the other rooms were invisible) and so were the ruins.

For woohooing in the tent in camp in Egypt. No - you get a bad reputation for doing anything the locals don't find appropriate and apparently two explorer sims are not acting appropriate for getting married and spending their honeymoon where they first met. Believe me I was shocked and thought it was just a fluke until I sent a totally different newlywed couple to China for their honey moon and the same thing happened the second night they were there, Their first night there they stayed in the house at the camp and had no issues - the second night they stayed at one of the camp tents along the route between temples and the minute they started woohooing in the tent they got the unappropriate behavior pop up between adventures, and got the bad reputation thing. So no body in town would talk to them and acted like they were trash - just like the couple in Egypt. The bad rep thing happens a lot unless you run mods to stop it.

In dreams - I LIVE!

OQ9j9iq.png

qlPA23L.png

For woohooing in the tent in camp in Egypt. No - you get a bad reputation for doing anything the locals don't find appropriate and apparently two explorer sims are not acting appropriate for getting married and spending their honeymoon where they first met. Believe me I was shocked and thought it was just a fluke until I sent a totally different newlywed couple to China for their honey moon and the same thing happened the second night they were there, Their first night there they stayed in the house at the camp and had no issues - the second night they stayed at one of the camp tents along the route between temples and the minute they started woohooing in the tent they got the unappropriate behavior pop up between adventures, and got the bad reputation thing. So no body in town would talk to them and acted like they were trash - just like the couple in Egypt. The bad rep thing happens a lot unless you run mods to stop it.
    Yes, I understand what you mean now and that indeed is a very unlucky combination of two EP’s. I remember there also were paparazzi entering the hotel rooms all the time in both China and France and you couldn’t lock the doors, which was annoying as well. In that respect no, WA wasn’t designed for honeymooners.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • BOUMERINGUEBOUMERINGUE Posts: 14 New Member
    I love World Adventures! Never seen anything like it, with all the tunnels, the hidden treasures, the suspence. It was more than a mere computer game. Bon Voyage was so predictable.
    I can't wait for an upated version of WA for Sims4