Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bon Voyage vs. World Adventures.

Comments

• Options
    ErisineErisine Posts: 156 Member
    I loved WA, but I didn't like that the tombs never reset on their own, and that there were very basic pathing bugs included with it that were utterly ignored by EA.

I'd like a 'mixture' -- an EP where I can just go and blow money and mess around if I wanted, but also had objective-based things to do and explore if I so chose to do it. Extra bonux points if the things exploring reset or even randomized so that no two explorations were exactly the same.
  • Options
    mimizinha98mimizinha98 Posts: 48 Member
    edited August 2014
    Bon Voyage, always. One of the best TS2 EP in my opinion, I always have so much fun with it. Taking my sims to dig up maps and get achievements never gets boring. lol I'd definitely like to see it again.

Edit: Also... the lava fountain. Good times.
    signature_3.png
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    Bon Voyage. I did like the locations in WA, but having to adventure and explore to build up visa points got old fast. Not all of my sims want to work for their holiday homes!
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    LuckySkyLuckySky Posts: 1,054 Member
    I think a mix of WA and BV would be nice. Your sim could go on adventures or just relax and see the sights.
  • Options
    grimacediagrimacedia Posts: 42 Member
    I much preferred Bon Voyage because it felt like a real vacation to me. My sims would spend time on the beach sunbathing and playing in the sand...there weren't any beaches in World Adventures, and the ones we had in the main game didn't have much interaction. Also I don't usually play adventurous, heroic sims, so they didn't fit well with the theme of World Adventures. At most I would send them to locations to pick up books and souvenirs, then take them home.
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    I would love, love, love, another bon voyage, but other than locations and some of the stuff you could buy/skills you could learn, I would rather not have much of the world adventures feel, thanks.
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    I loved Bon Voyage and World Adventures was definitely my least favorite EP
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    LavenderZayLavenderZay Posts: 710 Member
    I think it would be nice if your Sim could apply for dual citizenship, and then could live there if they wanted to. But, I don't want it to be a pain to apply for it, just something simple, like on the computer or something.
  • Options
    FusionFang7FusionFang7 Posts: 90 Member
    I think we should have a regular vacation EP, with no responsibilities, quests, and we can choose to just buy a one way ticket and live at the exotic places indefinitely. But maybe there should be some secret locations you have to learn about from the locals, and then work a bit to unlock. Oh and we need Bigfoot back (just sayin')
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    I would love if the EP would be a mixture of both
  • Options
    ClassicStyleClassicStyle Posts: 154 Member
    Bon voyage. I loved that mini journal with achievements if you know what I'm talking about.
  • Options
    Ricket426Ricket426 Posts: 154 Member
    I'm probably asking for to much here but I would like both.

I would like to be able to go on an adventure vacation and explore the tombs.
    I would also like to be able to go on a relaxing vacation and get my tan on.
    Don't see why they can't give us both. It would be nice.
  • Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Bon Voyage was so much better! I liked to stay at resorts and hotels with real amenities, like an open restaurant in it.
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Bon Voyage for sure because I like the whole vacation and family feel of the game. WA never appealed to me because there wasnt much else to the game other then adventures. So Id like an ep thats more family type vacation that maybe had WA parts thrown into it. So more of Bon Voyage but some WA as well.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    I guess now that I think back on it, Bon Voyage was a little boring at times, but to me that is still preferable to WA playstyle, which I loathe in a sims game. So, a spiced-up Bon Voyage would be ideal to me. Incorporating some of what we got in Island Paradise with it might be nice.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    I think we should have a regular vacation EP, with no responsibilities, quests, and we can choose to just buy a one way ticket and live at the exotic places indefinitely. But maybe there should be some secret locations you have to learn about from the locals, and then work a bit to unlock. Oh and we need Bigfoot back (just sayin')

This sounds fun.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I like both Bon Voyage and World Adventures. Why choose only one?
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    a destination like Maldives would be nice.....

All-Incclusive-Beach-Vacation-Packages-Lily-Beach-Resort-Spa-Maldives-1.jpg
  • Options
    SweetJealousySweetJealousy Posts: 362 Member
    I like the idea of a luxury vacation resort, a family friendly resort as well as adding a hostile for those who want to play a backpacking Sim living on the basics.
  • Options
    Dalenina042475Dalenina042475 Posts: 131 Member
    Bon Voyage for a vacation. I did like World Adventures but I did not consider it to be a vacation.
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    It got to be Bon Voyage,I miss having a real sims family vacation.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I like the idea of a luxury vacation resort, a family friendly resort as well as adding a hostile for those who want to play a backpacking Sim living on the basics.
    You mean something like a Bear Grylls adventure? B)

Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    SweetJealousySweetJealousy Posts: 362 Member
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    You mean something like a Bear Grylls adventure? B)

Camping out in tents is also fun!
  • Options
    simbolismesimbolisme Posts: 124 Member
    I would certainly prefer a mix of the two, as I found BV to be a bit boring and VA to be too much work. And let's not forget The Sims Vacation/On Holiday, which I loved the most, where many of the hotels had a sort of boardwalk with old fashioned games - now THAT was fun.
    ...................nothing going on here.............................................................................no, absolutely nothing!
  • Options
    SeanT346SeanT346 Posts: 307 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm all about The Sims remaining a sandbox franchise. At the same time, I do welcome RPG and goal-orientated gameplay that a large percentage of the fanbase seem against. The appeal of The Sims for me is variety. I don't have a particular playstyle. Somedays, I like to create worlds. Other days, Sims or houses. Some days I like to play Sim families living out mundane lives and sometimes I like them to move towards goals. For me, the appeal of The Sims has always been it's variety (like six or more games rolled into one) and I would like to see that continue (sadly early news of The Sims 4 has been pretty disappointing in that regard).

World Adventures felt fresh and it was fun. The environments were fantastic. I was against EA bringing in real-world locations originally but they did such a great job of creating Chinese, Egyptian and French neighbourhoods and making them feel very diverse from the home neighbourhoods. I would love to see that continue in the future.

I enjoyed the adventure aspect and would like to see it return. However, relaxed holidays are nice too and I love the idea of the family hanging by the pool and engaging in axe-throwing at a resort while the archaeologist dad is exploring tombs in the mountains. I would love to see a World Adventures/Bon Voyage/Island Paradise hybrid.