Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 157 - Winter Designer Showdown

@xXQueenBeeXx
    9lFw5ck.jpg
    Overgrown Bliss is a wonderful spot for this young couple to start a new business. All the lot traits you picked will help their garden thrive. The flower lined walkway along the pond is cute and nicely landscaped. The shrubs on the side of the house are overgrown in the right places to accent the house. Giving the container windows and a glass ceiling will turn it into a cute little greenhouse. Lovely dining/foyer area with the large windows and bright colors. Great view of the pond from the living room window. Use of neutral colors in the kitchen will help it stay timeless. The upstairs balcony looks like a wonderful place to relax or paint a picture. Dylan and Sally will feel right at home with plants in all the rooms.

Suggestions: Overall, the house’s layout felt a little cramped at times. Extending the kitchen a little might make it feel more complete, or re-arranging items here or there in other parts of the home. Be careful of outside bushes clipping through the walls on the inside of the home. Don’t be afraid to take more photos of items on your lot. More photos means more opportunities for us to see your work.

@Lissykin
    EDIuvlF.png
    Home Haven is right up Dylan and Sally’s alley. The neutral tones used in the house help everything match well. The large windows make the house feel bright. Converting the container into a greenhouse is a good way to keep the plants alive year round. The home seems new and fresh with the modern style used all over. Be sure to take plenty of pictures of your builds in the future. I feel like I am missing out on some of your wonderful details because I can’t quite see them.

Suggestions: If budget is an issue, you can use debug items to landscape the yard more and add some life to the exterior of the home.
    Pressing “ctrl” “shift” and “c” will open the cheatbox on the top left of the screen. typing : “bb.showhiddenitems” and “bb.showliveeditobjects”. Then on the search box on the bottom left under build/buy mode you can type in “debug” to find all kinds of new objects

@jordanfbrasil
    xqfZhgs.jpg
    Dylan and Sally will love their new home. The little pond in the corner provides a nice view and some cute landscaping on the lot. The shrubs placed around the house give a nice pop of color and nature against the modern home. The container looks like a nice little workshop now with multiple ways to earn money. While the house is small, the open concept on the first floor helps it feel more open. You also shouldn’t be afraid to take more photos, the more photos we have the more we can see and have more to judge on.

Suggestions: Using debug items for landscaping will save you hundreds, free landscaping and some extra money for decorations is always a plus. Some shallow roofing over the front of the first floor would give the home a more realistic and less blocky look.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @xXQueenBeeXx
    YfLtdKG.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@jordanfbrasil
    wTnEP8O.jpg
    I like your rendition of Sally and Dylan! I think the aspirations you picked for them go perfectly with the story provided.Good job matching the couple while still giving them their own personal little twists on the fashion. Seeing them in their home in the slideshow was almost like a look into their daily lives. Great job!

3gHHX7s.png
    Congrats @jordanfbrasil and thanks for participating!
    3LBVIdM.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    Congratulations @xXQueenBeeXx for your build and @jordanfbrasil for your Sims B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,794 Member
    edited February 2022
    Congratulations, @xXQueenBeeXx and @jordanfbrasil! Awesome creations!

@BuildnShare Thank you for your wonderful review of my build. I'm so happy to be mentioned! I appreciate the suggestion to take more pics, and especially about the landscaping, I didn't know about cheat for this build, so I'm for sure going to use it next time. :)<3
  • Options
    jordanfbrasiljordanfbrasil Posts: 102 Member
    Yay! Thank you so much, I had a lot of fun.

Thanks for the feedback @BuildnShare!

Thanks @coolsim9999999 and @Lissykin! <3
    U0tQRGg.png
  • Options
    You're welcome @jordanfbrasil :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 158 - Be Mine

@Zita1966z
    gWsRwgN.jpg
    The proposal is a super cute spot for a romantic night. Nice backstory, with it being a renovated dog park. The park feels very intimate having the tall fencing all around. All of the exterior gardens look very lush and colorful. The covered pavilion has a glam and romantic look. The all white in this area is a nice contrast to the surrounding gardens. A live pianist will definitely help set the mood for the big question. There is plenty of lighting so it is still nice and bright at nighttime. I like the rose petals all over the ground in the pavilion and the proposal area.

Suggestions: I understand the backstory for the use of the entrance, however I would have liked to have seen a brighter colored fence, or some taller shrubs in the proposal and dancing areas to hide the original fence.

@illusie
    rShnBGS.png
    Roses are Red Park is a nice little getaway for some alone time. The park has a charming classic theme all throughout. The red rose archway with statues on either side is a beautiful entranceway. There is a nice view of the center fountain from every spot in this park. The heart lights with heart rug are a cute addition to the covered area. I think some live violin music will fit the theme of the park perfectly and provide a romantic backdrop. The cascading flower fountain in the middle looks nice with the surrounding garden and water. I enjoyed watching Valentine pop the question to Amanda in your slideshow!

Suggestions: Not much to note on. The only thing I can think of is maybe some more things to do for entertainment while there.

@Jazmi1396
    jrqPzUR.png
    Be Mine is a beautiful spot to ask someone to be theirs forever. Using the island in Tartosa is a wonderful choice, great views all around. Good use of space, hiding the bathroom and kitchen in the back, completely invisible from the front. All of the colors you used in the build and the surrounding shrubs and trees look great together, lots of whites and pastels. Live piano music and some floating swans will really help set the mood. Good idea having the proposal area covered as well as the dinning. All of the heart decorations are a nice touch.

Suggestions: I don’t have anything to add.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @Jazmi1396
    GXQcQYx.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Congratulations @Jazmi1396 on your build winning the expert level! B)<3
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    @Jazmi1396 congrats!

@BuildnShare thank you for the comments!
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Congratulations @Jazmi1396 on your build winning
    Thank you @BuildnShare for the feedback :)
  • Options
    Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    edited March 2022
  • Options
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 158 - Be Mine

@coolsim9999999
    ArjYnkr.png
    You have designed a beautiful place for Valentine to propose to his soulmate Amanda! The heart shaped gazebo is lovely. The couple should have everything that they need to enjoy a romantic evening in the Gazebo alone! The pinks, reds and many beautiful flowers that you have added throughout the space look very nice. Valentine will be happy that you added hearts into the design. It was also a nice touch to see the rose on the bar as well. The garden is very beautiful! The lights work well to add a romantic feeling to the proposal space at night. The colored pond with the swans and the bridge is very pretty, and adding the hot tub was a great idea as well. The couple will be sure to enjoy their time in the beautiful private proposal garden that you have made for them.

Suggestions: The edges of the pond seemed a bit square. Sometimes lowering the water one level will help with this, or you can also soften the terrain as well to create a more natural looking edge.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @coolsim9999999

KMpYnuR.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@coolsim9999999
    qOdviiX.png
    Valentine and Amanda are one cute couple! You have done a very nice job of choosing their outfits. With Valentine's love for hearts, it is nice to see that you even incorporated hearts into his clothing choices. Valentine and Amanda’s personality traits compliment each other well and it is great that they share the family-oriented trait as it looks like they are quickly expanding their family. How exciting that they got to elope in the proposal garden that you designed for them!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @coolsim9999999
    KMpYnuR.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Thank you very much for your great comments and pond suggestions and comments on my Sims, as well @BuildnShare B)! I really appreciate your feedback! B)
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    You're welcome @Jazmi1396 :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    Congratulations @coolsim9999999 way to go!
  • Options
    Thank you very much @JojoMOMSTER :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Congratulations @Jazmi1396 and @coolsim9999999
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Congratulations @coolsim9999999 !!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you very much @AlJay and @pammiechick :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results – BnS157 - Winter Designer Showdown

@AIRIS6962
    tqBFz2v.png
    I love the conveyance of a proper Japanese-style home! The Zen-garden yard area is well done and aesthetically pleasing… and sets up the functional yard areas nicely. The home and container/workspace match each other nicely. I like the continuity between them, and flow and layout of the lot. Great idea to add a bathroom in the container! I think Dylan and Sally will love your home and their YouTube/blogging workspace(s).

Suggestions: Okay… I have to say it… curtains in this game frequently drive me nuts! With that in mind, please take the following with a ‘grain of salt’… The wooden window cover in the bathroom is clever and attractive, but not centered over the toilet or the window. Shrinking it with brackets one time would allow it to fit properly, allowing you to center the toilet, window, and wooden window-covering.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @Airis6962
    1beuwy1.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Thank you very much for your feedback @BuildnShare !

Yes, absolutely agree about curtains. Thank you for your suggestion. It makes me to think of new ideas :)
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
  • Options
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    I adore this build, its unique and well built
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Congratulations @AIRIS6962 :)
  • Options