March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR #BNS85 - WINTER DESIGNER SHOWDOWN

@StangMix2

It always amazes me what can be achieved from a basic shell and I must say you have worked wonders! The Flowerpot is a very appropriate name as this house is bathed in blooms. The perfect placing of these plants lining the terrain painted pathways must have taken forever but the result is well worth the effort. The trees are well placed either side of the house to give balance to the build. You have created many different 'rooms' outdoors which add lots of interest to the house. The pool area is stunning and the loungers make it all the more peaceful and relaxing. The gardening plot is a great idea for the more active and I also love the bar and bbq areas. The front facade is very attractive with the climbing plants and window boxes. Great choice of contrasting wall textures and the house number on the wall is a fabulous idea. Going indoors does not disappoint, each and every room is decorated and furnished very tastefully. There is just the right amount of clutter everywhere. I love the group of plants in the hallway and the colour coordinated towels neatly placed in the laundry room. So much detail everywhere! The two desks placed back to back in the office is a fantastic central point for this room and it's good to see you included a coffee machine here. The master bedroom is stunning and I particularly like how you've divided this room into a computer/tv lounge also.

Suggestions: Your inspiration object certainly inspired beautifully but you should not have changed the colour, the watering can should have stayed red. Also, you were only to show this item in one place. The garden plot is a great idea. However I do feel this could have been enhanced by a little division, maybe pathways between the plants, just to make it more interesting.

@bmj97

What a fabulous transformation from a basic shell to Newcrest Estate, you have really brought this home to life! The facade is very attractive with your choice of wall coverings and white trims, also great choice of windows and doors. The gorgeous plants enhance the build greatly and you have made good use of terrain paint to create a natural looking pathway. The backyard looks very neat and chic incorporating pool, bar, lounge, bbq and dining. Fantastic idea to use tall fencing, this provides much privacy and the hedging breaks it up nicely. I also love how you've divided the outdoor areas using different means, this adds much interest. The pet training/play area looks amazing, they will love it there. I can really see how your inspiration object has formed the basis of the interior design, it's very pet orientated with all the decor objects used. Upon entering the house I instantly feel a country cottage vibe, it looks so wonderfully comfy and cosy, yet clean and neat. My favourite room is the child and toddler one, it's so colourful, bright and sunny and I'm glad the inspiration object was placed in here. I also like how you've designed the master bedroom with the second half serving as a living area, looks very relaxing.

Suggestions: In the office/study I thought the curtain looked a little strange placed in the middle of the window. I would have used two of these curtains placed either side to even it up. Also, watch how you place trees, they were poking through the wall in the Annex!

@kilra0

House Solveig is absolutely amazing, totally unique and individual, a masterpiece in my eyes! What a fantastic idea to base this on an astronaut and mad scientist to create such a beautiful modern and futuristic home. I was also pleased to see you'd taken the children and visitors into account making certain areas out of bounds. I love everything about this house, from the fabulous roof texture to the modern fenestration. The half walls and hedging make a great combination at the front and the paved areas will be great for parking. The pool area looks wonderfully stylish and chic. You have put a lot of thought into this area with the water slide running alongside the pool and the water walls making a fabulous feature. You have divided the other outdoor areas very well using varying modes of separation. This really makes the whole outdoors so very interesting, just waiting to be explored. I love the children's spaceship play area, looks so much fun, while the adults get on with the real spaceship! The alien plants in the lab garden are surreal and the private garden is a little haven, beautifully designed with winding paths and pretty flowers, the trees and fencing will provide lovely dappled shade here. Your interior design is impeccable, the colour palette bold yet soft and you have really nailed the modern/futuristic style. I love the tranquility of the master bedroom and the feature you have made of the wall at the bed head looks fantastic. My favourite room has got to be the lab .... WOW!

Suggestions: I do understand you using a one tile door and two windows to replace the three tile door but the brief specifically said no. Perhaps three single tile doors may have looked acceptable and would have kept in line with the brief. Regarding the build, the only area I would add to is the bbq patio. I would have broken the floor up with a mat/rug or some other floor tile under the table, I think this would add more interest to the area.

@FidgetyAtom

Wow, what an amazing facelift you have given to the shell to create Emerdale Estate, a most wonderful transformation. The brown and white combination of the facade, combined with your great choice of windows and decorative columns provide a very attractive and striking appearance. The raised planted beds and the trees give an almost stately and formal feel which is softened by your wonderful choice of foundations. I love the pool on the raised deck and the central island is a fabulous feature. The garden shed is so cute and is always a favourite of mine, it's amazing what you can pack into such a small space. I also really like the pet cemetery, so beautifully laid out and a private and peaceful place to reflect. Good to see you've made use of terrain paint to create winding pathways leading to each area. Going inside I certainly get the feel of entering a Country Manor. However, there is such a homely atmosphere to this house which looks so comfy, cosy and warm. Each and every room speaks Country classic, you have really nailed this style perfectly. The kitchen is a dream, so light and spacious, the family room is a great hub and packed to the brim with activities. I also like how you've arranged the towels in the en-suite, this really adds interest to the room.

Suggestions: I see you changed the colour of the watering can flower pot but this was not stated in the brief. Regarding the build, the rear garden I feel would benefit from being fenced off to give the family privacy and keep trespassers out. Perhaps a combination of hedge/wall/fence would be good.

@Pallystyle

Botany Squared has a very beautiful facade with a soft and soothing palette brought to life surrounded by the wild alien plants. These give a magical and whimsical effect to the house, which overall looks very dreamy. The little hedge bordering the pathways provides formality and definition. You have designed the rear garden beautifully and provided lots of activities for everyone. The pool area is absolutely gorgeous and I love the unique jagged edges of the design. It's great to see you've put lots of thought into the porch, the fountain makes a fabulous feature and the 'thinking corner' looks a very peaceful spot to reflect. Heading inside is pure delight, your interior design is fantastic. I love the cool blue scheme of the Annex, looks very tranquil and sophisticated and the columns are placed perfectly to create definition to the different areas. The main home is so alive and vibrant and each room pops. The turquoise base colour works well and is very amenable with the other shades you have chosen. You have shown great creativity with this home using moo. The mirror in the front entry looks amazing, a great focal point and I love your choice of dividers in the master bedroom to separate the different areas in such a stylish way.

Suggestions: Great use of terrain paint to create the pathways but I did see patches of green in places and going over into the hedging in others (back walkway), always double check! Regarding the interiors I cannot fault anything other than placing the dining table in the middle of the mat, I always think it looks better rather than offside.

@glen1974

My first impression of Hipster House was how wonderfully dominant this build is, a wonderful variety of contrasting textures and trims giving quite a masculine appearance, softened beautifully by the planting and window boxes. The hedging provides privacy to your wonderful backyard. The giant chess is such a fantastic feature which looks amazing and the greenhouse is absolutely fabulous, a lovely place to sit and tend to plants. The interiors certainly have the WOW factor, I have never seen such a unique and interesting design. I think this incorporates all styles mixed together, as if anything goes, certainly eclectic! It starts with the junk room in the hallway which looks very realistic, as does the kids room, typically messy! I love the industrial vibe of the TV lounge, the pops of turquoise here and the shelving arrangement is perfect, gives a very stylish edge. I also love the shabby chic feel of the master bedroom and generally all the clutter and mismatched furnishings and decor throughout the house. It's amazing how this all works so well, truly awesome work.

Suggestions: The front porch seems to be crying out for some attention, maybe a bench or two and some plants or perhaps an easel or chess table would give it more life. In order to make the build look even more realistic I would suggest using a thin line of terrain paint soil around the foundation edges where it hits the grass, I always think this blends the build to the earth really well.

The Winner of this challenge is ....

@kilra0

Second place goes to ....

@FidgetyAtom

GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    Congratulations @kilra0 and @FidgetyAtom your creations are both very fantastic :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Congrats @kilra0 and @FidgetyAtom !! Well done you guys!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Wooo!!! Congrats @FidgetyAtom and @kilra0, both such amazing takes on the build!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    Congrats @kilra0 !! It was a beautiful house and a very well deserved win!

Thanks everyone :D Second place is awesome. Didn't even know it existed lol. ty ty <3
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    :D Congratulations @kilra0 and @FidgetyAtom such wonderful work. Everyone must have been so close while judging. Congratulations again, well deserved.
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    ... :o:blush: Congrats @FidgetyAtom for the 2. place! (Well deserved, may I say that to a second place ? I think it a wonderful house)

Thank you very very much @masajo @Laebeth @FaithofKaela @FidgetyAtom and Meaganjo :smiley: That must have been such a hard decision. Everyone house has so many special little things to enjoy. Glad I didn't have to make it, I wouldn't have won :joy: Now I'm crossing the fingers for you experts ;)
  • StangMix2StangMix2 Posts: 238 Member
    Congrats @kilra0 and @FidgetyAtom !!! :smiley:
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member

I have been off line for a few days so only just seeing this now. Congrats to @kilra0 & @FidgetyAtom . Thanks @BuildnShare for the feedback too. Looking forward to seeing the Expert winners.
    edited January 2018
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR #BNS85 - WINTER DESIGNER SHOWDOWN

@linzlulubell
    Granny’s is a really cute home, the Christmas themed exterior is lovely with the wreaths and twinkly lights are gorgeous. I do adore that formal garden with the bushes and birdbath. Great choice of spandrels and columns. Your interiors feel very cosy and inviting, and it’s great that you brought the festive decorations inside. You made some great object choices and your use of CC is subtle and not overwhelming, great job there, I know how easy it can be to go overboard there. Your annexe has to be my favorite part of this build, the blue and silver theme here is done so well!

Suggestions:
    Your landscaping feels a tad forced, lots of straight lines, it doesn’t sit quite right with the style of build you chose. We did ask for overheads with grids lines on to get ensure that none of the interiors of the shell had been altered. At this level we expect your media to be labelled to help us get a feel for what we are looking at.

Just a note, you did not use the BnS85 hashtag when uploading, if this happens again, we will not judge your entry.

@MeaganJo
    The Hampton is just gorgeous, I can totally see your inspiration piece shining through the clean modern interiors and furnishings you chose to use. Your exteriors are fabulous, great use of different wall textures to really make the architecture pop! Your landscaping is wonderful, I especially liked the planting area around the tree out front and the rounded stone pathway, great use of terrain paint there to really make them seem like they are ‘planted’.
    And the pavilion is amazing!! Your interiors are gorgeous, such clean lines and a calming palette, and can I just say, you added light switches!! That is so cool and such a great little feature. I love that little cloakroom off the foyer, and you have made some great use of MOO throughout the house.

Suggestions:
    Not sure having the pool saving pole behind the hot tub is such a good idea, wouldn’t like to have to try and get to it in an emergency :P The patio area feels a little bare in comparison to the rest of the exterior. The little bean bag chair in the family room feels off to me, too bright in another wise very muted area.

@JasonAnthonySterling
    Holy Moly - Cassidine Estate is such an intricate build, the exteriors certainly have a steampunk feel, great use of wall treatments to reinforce the style. The landscaping is so detailed, just love the way you have used the roof treatments as tiny fences, so creative. Your pavilions are a wonderful addition and that Victorian ‘lido’ style pool fits perfectly in this setting. Your interiors are amazing, I love how every piece has a story and you have made such amazing use of MOO throughout this place.

Suggestions:
    I wonder if some darker terrain paints around the tree and grass combinations by the greenhouse would have looked more natural. The brief did specify that the shell had to stay in place, but could be added to, your master bedroom contravenes this part of the brief as you removed the flooring. Some of your pictures feel dark and it can be difficult to make out some of the details.

@Laebeth
    Holly Haven is glorious! The exterior wall treatments you used really help this place stand out but without being too shouty, a great combination.I think this in part due to white spandrels and fencing, they help to tone down all that bright red. Your landscaping is gorgeous, you have made some fantastic use of terrain paints, those winding pathways are so natural. Your choice of planting is perfect as well as the placement it all feels really well planned out. The gazebo is a great addition, and that stream, with the ducks *squee*. I think it’s great that you matched the foundation to the stream walls. Your interiors are all so perfect, they really help cement that rustic feel that you got going with the landscaping outside. You have made some really great use of MOO throughout the home, I love that little wall decoration with the butterflies and the wallflower in the master bedroom.

Suggestions:
    The ivy growing up from above the foundation doesn’t look quite right, with some fiddling with MOO, you can get it to place on the floor.

And the winner is......

@Laebeth

You made this judging exceptionally difficult, it all came down to the tiniest of details to determine the winner.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrats @Laebeth, the wait was worth it :D
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Woot woot Congratulations @Laebeth such a well deserved win as your design was breath taking! ღ

Everyone really did awesome work and put so much into your unique designs, thank you for making this so fun and nail biting!

@BuildnShare thank you very much for the feed back! I had completely forgotten to take that darn pool saving thing out as it was placed long before the hot tub and was indeed something that was originally supposed to come out. Yay for bloopers! After looking at the pics of the family room I have to agree with you that the poof (I was looking for blues and didn't want to mute a room meant for the entire family(kids)) is way too bright for the room. I kept looking at the back patio trying to decide what I should do with it and it kept drawing a blank because I already had so much going on through out the rest of the build that it was truly neglected.

Thank you also for your wonderful compliments also. I love that you noticed the light switches, it is something I feel is missing from the game for some reason ha!
  • StangMix2StangMix2 Posts: 238 Member
    Woot! Congrats @Laebeth !!
  • rainesrandirainesrandi Posts: 47 Member
    Congratulations!!! To all Winners of the BnS85 build awesome jobs.
    GrandiSunshine
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    Congrats @Laebeth !! Very well deserved!
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR #BNS85 - WINTER DESIGNER SHOWDOWN

@biglil711

Twin Oracle Life looks very dramatic in your night pictures! The outdoor lighting is very effective. You’ve also provided lot of outdoor family activities. The hot tub/pool combination is very creative! I definitely see an Early American inspiration in your indoor decorating. I appreciate the flowers in every room. There are many clutter items, too, which gives a homey feeling. The office off the living room is one of my favorites: nice balance of colors and textures. And I found the labeling of the layout shots very helpful! :smiley:

Suggestions: First some screenshot tips. Don’t provide only night time shots of the exterior. It’s really hard to see the hard work you’ve done. And then, be careful of zooming out too much when you’re in camera man mode. Many of your shots were distorted. It’s tempting to try to get everything in one shot, but it’s better to take multiple shots of the same space. Some decorating tips: be careful of too much symmetry. It’s more pleasing to balance a watering can on one side of the fireplace with a different clutter item on the other. And finally, be careful not to place your wall decorations too high on the wall. Several of your pictures were right up against the ceiling!

@LadyAlexiel

What a wonderfully creative idea to create a swamp around your house! Swamp House is suitably decayed inside, and you used the Vampire Pack materials and furnishings to good effect. There is lots of wonderful clutter throughout. Personally, I wouldn’t go into a house that had so many spiders in it! :wink: But all the spider webs do add a sense of creepiness to the house. I think the kitchen is especially nice, but the star of the lot is your spooky swamp. :smiley:

Suggestions: I might have chosen a darker color to edge the swamp pools so that the areas of water looked more natural. You could also disguise the edges by covering them with rocks and plants. I also would have used some of the cracks and chips on the outside walls of the house. It’s unlikely that the house decayed on the inside but not outside too. Also, be sure to label all your images next time!

@rainesrandi

You certainly did create a bouquet of color with your Brown Stone house! And the colors are used well inside because you also used a lot of neutrals to balance them. Each room is nicely furnished and decorated with clutter items to give a homey feel. I particularly like the shots of Bedroom 1; the colors there are very restful. I also like that you put a standing clock on the wall at the back of the staircase—the perfect place for it! The vegetable garden is a nice touch too as are the climbing flowers on the wall fountain and on the brick walls of the exterior. :smiley:

Suggestions: Be sure to use terrain paint under your outdoor plants; it gives them a more naturalistic look. You might also consider putting your images into a house tour kind of order. They seemed to be rather random in your slide show.

@xraygrl2004

Countryside Family Home well reflects your inspiration objects. I particularly liked the backstory you created to explain your design. Your made interesting choices for the exterior wall textures which give the house a country charm. It’s nicely landscaped and you’ve provided plenty of outdoor family activities. The country feeling comes inside too. Your furniture choices, clutter items, and wall textures harmonize together. I particularly like how you designed the annex! :smiley:

Suggestions: Nothing much to suggest except that you might consider moving up to Established the next time!

And the winner is......

@xraygrl2004
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    Many congratulations @Laebeth and @xraygrl2004 very well deserved wins :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • rainesrandirainesrandi Posts: 47 Member
    @BuildnShare I am honored to have even made the cut with so many beautiful builds! Thank you for the advice, I will definitely work on my home tours presentation, as I couldn't agree more. I have to admit if someone was to move the plants they would see I used the terrain paint but I was afraid to over do it, next time listening to inner voice a little more. Congratulations winner @xraygrl2004 you are much deserving! Absolutely fun! Thank you again
    GrandiSunshine
  • LadyAlexielLadyAlexiel Posts: 123 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare for your constructive comments and congratulations to @Laebeth and @xraygrl2004 !It's my first challenge and I admit I had lot of fun. :)
    To see more of my creations click here.Or you can visit my sims 4 gallery
    HBmnvTh.jpg
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Congratulations to everyone who placed! I was so impressed with all the entries, everyone should be proud!
    Thanks for the feedback and suggestions @BuildnShare
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited January 2018
    Congrats @kilra0, @laebeth and @fidgetyatom!! Yay!! And congrats too @xraygrl2004!!
    Post edited by Ainsleyf on
    Congrats @xraygrl2004 for the win and bump up! :smiley:
  • xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    Oh wow!!! Thanks so much everyone! I had a blast on this build. Everyone's build was wonderful.
    Thanks so much for the bump @BuildnShare! I'm excited and intimidated at the same time LOL.
    Rke3QSo.jpg
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Thank you @kilra0 @MeaganJo @StangMix2 @FidgetyAtom @masajo @LadyAlexiel @Ainsleyf :heart: I appreciate it guys!

Congrats on the win @xraygrl2004 ! :blush:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file