March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    Congrats @maryjane2joe !! :D
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Congrats @maryjane2joe ! Both on the win, and on the move up to Established! Woop!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    Congrats, @maryjane2joe! :smiley:
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Wooot!! Congrats @maryjane2joe :)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Congrats to @linday and @maryjane2joe and to @maryjane2joe and @kilra0 on the bump ups! Nice work!!! And thanks so much @laebeth, @kilra0, @faithofkaela, @linday, @masajo, @abelhinha, @withlovejulien for the congrats and @buildnshare for the great challenges and reviews! I can't believe I didn't notice I'd used the same print twice in the same room. I wish I'd could blame it on wine, but I don't think I actually had any while building that..haha! Love the new challenge and am really hoping to get a flash of inspiration soon. I love fantasy builds but I can't say I've ever done one on a budget. Can't wait to see what you all come up with!!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR #BNS87 - FOR THE LOVE OF FABRIC

@Zayven

Alla Moda Laundromat fits right into the main square in Windenburg. The wall texture you chose and the roofing blend in with the Tudor style of the city. I like that you’ve included a hand washing station outside with clothes lines for hanging. You used lots of nice clutter details here. The interior is bright and welcoming. I like the purple curtains and the generous counter areas for sorting and folding. I assume you don’t have the Laundry Day pack, which is why you have relied on CC, and you have done it well. Again, lots of nice clutter details, and you’ve thought out carefully the various needs for dry cleaning, tailoring, etc. The café is a great idea, too. Nice job overall! :smiley:

Suggestions: Be careful of how you place objects, especially if you are using the MOO cheat. Some of your wall hanging were hung too high and were clipped by the ceiling (you can’t tell this unless you are in game with the live camera). Also, I might have used a tile or linoleum floor in the laundromat with all the possibilities for water spillage!

The Winner of this challenge is ....

@Zayven

GArBA5W.jpg
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,302 Member
    Congratulations @Zayven, well done :)
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR #BNS87 - FOR THE LOVE OF FABRIC

@kilra0

On first sight of your creation I thought ‘what a lovely neat and clean laundromat’ and then I saw it’s name .. perfect! A very unique modern structure with lots of lovely large windows which will ensure a light and airy atmosphere inside. I really like how you’ve decorated the plain back wall with a large ‘lighted’ sign, this adds so much interest to the elevation. I am also very impressed with how much thought you have put into this build, ie what to do while waiting for the laundry. The coffee shop and waiting area is wonderfully sited at the entrance, there are plenty of games to play on the terraces and I absolutely love the chic and stylish boutique and tailoring area. The catwalk made me smile, great idea! The actual laundry room is well laid out, lovely and spacious and extremely well organised into the different mechanisms of the laundry process.

Suggestions: The terraces have been put to good use with all the activities, etc but I feel the flooring, particularly on the ground floor, could be enhanced to add more interest the build. I would suggest either using contrasting/different tiles to ‘break up’ the areas or even placing rugs/mats here and there.

@abelhinha35

Wow, Wishy Washy Laundromat is amazing, totally realistic and a place I’d certainly be happy to use. Fantastic structural design in true period style, I love the red brickwork combined with the whitewashed walls. The upper balcony with greenery draping over adds much interest to the façade, as does the railing and hanging baskets. Your attention to detail is incredible, the parking bays at the front are a wonderful idea and I love the planted borders, they really add to the attractiveness of this build. The window displays are another great feature at the front. The rear stairwell to the upper floor provides room for extension and also acts as a fire escape. Fantastic layout to your laundry. I really like how you’ve separated different spaces using fencing, walls and dividers, highly creative. I had to smile seeing the arrows pointing to the laundry baskets then seeing someone had dumped theirs on the floor! The café area is another lovely place, the different coloured seats add lots of interest here. The dry cleaning section also made me smile seeing the pipes on the wall, very realistic. Good to see a separate entrance to the tailoring/dressmaking section. The reception area is a stylish yet cosy place to wait and the dressmaking room itself is spot on, exactly what I’d expect. There is just the right amount of clutter and I love how you’ve used towels to create bales of fabric, ingenious!

Suggestions: Watch how you place trees and plants, on the first floor I saw greenery poking through the wall! Regarding the build there is nothing much to suggest, it really is outstanding. The only change I would make is in the dry cleaning check in section, perhaps add a plant or two, seating and/or rug(s) just to brighten this area up a little.

@PV13

Very attractive and smart appearance to your Laundromat, I love the combination of brickwork together with the dark contrasting trims of the exterior, which really give the build statement. The shades at the front and signage all add to the attractiveness of the façade and the large windows with ensure a light and airy atmosphere inside. I really love the fast food stand and eating area at the rear, what a perfect sunny place to hang out while the laundry is being done. The reception is very realistic and what I’d expect when checking in. The café is lovely and spacious and the tables are well placed to give great views of the city, I can just imagine sitting here and watching the world go by! Good to see you’ve created the office upstairs where there’s an element of privacy, what a delightful room. I love how you’ve used towels to create bales of fabric and provided lots of lovely lighting, which is a necessity in this room, as are the full length mirrors.

Suggestions: I would have liked to see more detail on the ground floor such as mats/rugs, plants, pictures/wall hangings etc. This would add further interest and make the laundry more inviting. Regarding the outside food area, I would have used varying floor tiles to bring the concrete to life and perhaps divided this area using low walls/fences, plants, etc.

Room Challenge: I am sure Mr Moda will be super impressed with his new office and tailoring studio, there is everything here he could possibly need. What I like most are all the swatches and bales of fabric, there can never be enough. Lighting is an important factor in this environment and it’s good to see you’ve catered well for this. Mannequins and full length mirrors will be put to great use and it’s great to see you’ve provided privacy for changing. The comfy reading chair is an added bonus!

The Winner of this challenge is ....

@abelhinha35

The Winner of the room challenge is ....

@PV13

GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    Many congrats @Zayven and @abelhinha35 awesome Laundromats and @PV13 what a fantastic office and tailoring studio :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Congrats to @zayven, @abelhinha35 and @PV13 - awesome work guys!!!!
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    hey congrats @Zayven @abelhinha35 and @PV13 :smiley:

@BuildnShare thank you for your critic, nice to make you smile :smiley:
    Thank you @BuildnShare for my win. :) Thanks everyone for the congrats and congratulations @PV13 for winning the room challenge. <3
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR #BNS87 - FOR THE LOVE OF FABRIC

@JosieAnglin
    Retro Laundromat is such a cute little lot, the exterior looks lovely and natural, and you have done a great job with the landscaping and terrain paints. Your layout is well thought out. The interior looks fabulous, I love how you popped the mannequins on a pedestal and your colour palette works really well. The olde timey pictures help add that touch of vintage. And great idea including the refrigerators for people to buy snacks while they wait.

Suggestions: I would have liked to have seen a rear exterior view. It’s not clear where the tailoring and dry cleaning sections of the build are, perhaps some titles on your media would have helped. I’m not sure how practical having to lean over the desks to get the ironing boards down would be.

Room Challenge
    @JosieAnglin
    Workers Muse is a gorgeous little office space for Joao, I like how you’ve kept the palette neutral and used mirrors to make the space seem larger than it is. You have made some amazing use of clutter and the clothing piles around the place are fabulous! The vintage style desks work well and the mannequins and laundry basket are great additions.

Suggestions: Be careful with window placement having them go underneath the desks feels a little odd and the place feels incredibly muted, perhaps just a touch of a bright colour, maybe with the curtains would have bought it to life.

Sim Challenge
    @JosieAnglin
    Jaoa looks great in what I assume to be his every day and work outfits, but it would have been great to learn something more about him, what traits he has for example.

@PV13
    Jaoa looks fabulous, I love that you have put thought into his background, his likes and dislikes and the traits and aspiration you have given him blend with those brilliantly. It was great to be able to see all his outfits, although, maybe next time make the images a tad bigger so that we can make out some more detail.

And the winner is.....

@JosieAnglin

The room winner is.....

@JosieAnglin

The Sim winner is.....

@PV13

GArBA5W.jpg
    Congratulations @JosieAnglin and @PV13 :)
  • Laireen35Laireen35 Posts: 47 Member
    Thank you for the Room Challenge win :smile: - I had fun trying to find alternatives for fabrics :+1:
    Also .. Congrats to all the other winners!
    AND .. I can't believe I won the Sim Challenge LOL.. I'm such a dweeb at CAS (in TS4 anyway - I could spend hours and days in CAS in TS2, tho).
    Thx!
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR #BNS88 - A FAIRY TALE COTTAGE

@Ainsleyf
    Wowza Fairytale Garden Starter is so full of whimsy and wonder! The roofing is simply sublime and I love how you have used the friezes around the exterior and also around the outdoor living area (with the kitchen and living area) it fits so well. The landscaping is wonderful, the flowers and rocks are beautiful, those three ponds are great, and your use of terrain paints is incredibly well done. Your object choices and placement are wonderful, those planters above the doors are a lovely addition and you have made some great use of clutter.

Suggestions: The Magical Mystical Bean Portal Trees feel a little overused, I would imagine that they would actually make playing on the lot quite difficult. In the bedroom, I feel that those oversized curtains overshadow the rest of the room. The brief did state that we were looking for a fairytale cottage and this build, although full of magic and whimsy, it bears little resemblance to a cottage.

@linday

Storynook Cottage is gorgeous, you have really captured the fairytale cottage both inside and out. I am loving that roofline, especially that little round roof over the front door.Your use of plants on the exterior is incredibly well executed, and you made some good use of terrain paints to help them feel established. Inside you have made some inspired object choices, the reading nook in front of the fireplace is adorable and your placement is fantastic, you have made great use of MOO. And can I just say the mouse traps around the place are a really wonderful touch.

Suggestions: The pathway to the front door feels a little undefined, I wonder if a more solid border to the pebbles would have helped there, you can achieve this by using the smallest brush with the narrowest softness and edge the path with a dark soil or even sand. I understand budgetary constraints but wonder if you had spent slightly less on your planting if you would have been able to afford a towel rail in the bathroom and perhaps some curtains.

@Lebanna
    The exterior of Nimble Cottage is so adorable!! It feels like it has come straight from the pages of the Brother’s Grimm! The exterior wall treatments have been so well thought out, and your window choice and placement is perfect. Your landscaping is also fabulous, your flower borders feel so natural and vibrant and you have made really wonderful use of terrain paint. Yout interior object placement is fabulous, and you have made some good use of clutter.

Suggestions: Other than the dining table and chairs, your interior feels very clean and modern, which is lovely, but I don’t think that it ‘fits’ with the whimsy and wonder of your exteriors.

@kilra0
    Oh my wow!! Once Upon A Time is such an ingenious creation, using those tree stumps as a base to the building, how on earth did you come up with that idea?? The exterior sidings you have used help it totally blend in and using windows at different heights helps with the romance and magical whimsy of the build. Your roofline is amazing, the multi-level effect it gives is wonderful. Your landscaping is superb, you have made great use of the terrain painting tool and your plant choices work incredibly well and that tub out there!! Awesome!! Your interiors deliver on the promise of your exteriors, your object choices really give off that cottagey vibe, great idea just curtaining off part of the main living area for the bed. That forested reading/TV nook is so cute that it’s almost painful!!

Suggestions: My only slight concern is that this more of a tree house than a cottage, which is what the brief asked for.

@Laebeth
    Woodlands Cottage certainly feels like the type of cottage you would stumble upon in the woods. Your architecture is amazing, those dormers are perfectly proportioned. Your choice of planting is wonderful, plant choices help cement that woodland feel and can I just say, Duck Pond!! Your interior is wonderfully laid out, you have done a great job with the floorplan, it feels so spacious when in fact it is a teeny tiny home, great job! Your object choices are wonderful and give that perfect cottagey feel.

Suggestions: The back of the cottage roof feels a little bland in comparison to the rest of the exterior, I wonder if including a dormer here would have helped it blend in better. Your small dirt pathways feel a little underwhelming in comparison to the rest of the landscaping, and that herb garden feels like a bit of an afterthought, perhaps leaving a small area in the middle to give your Sims room to move, might have helped it fell more in keeping with the thought and care you have obviously put into the rest of the lot. There is no sink in the kitchen, I get that our Sims have a bad habit of washing dishes in the bathroom, but I’m not sure that it’s very practical.

@gmcrozier
    Fairytale cottage is adorable!! The architecture is perfect for the brief and your choice of wall treatments is spot on. The landscaping is just lovely, I love how you have MOO’d those planters into the roof, the pond fits in perfectly and your choice of plants and terrain paint really help cement the style of the build. Your layout feels like it would translate well in game. Your object choices inside are lovely, it has that real cottagey feel to it, the mismatched chairs in front of the fireplace is a lovely touch. You made some great object choices and your use of MOO makes for a well laid out interior.

Suggestions: My one and only point of constructive criticism is that the mailbox feels a bit lonesome and out of place, I wonder had you positioned it the other side of the hedge if it would have felt more a part of the build.

@abelhinha35
    Once Upon A Time is a lovely stone built cottage, your fencing with the hedges interspersed is a lovely idea, and I adore those trellis’ over the back door. Your terrain paintwork is lovely. Your choice of plants works well for the majority of the build and the wash tub out the back is a great addition. Your interior is well laid out and you have made some great object choices, I especially like those gingham bar stools around that curved bar area.

Suggestions: Think about your wall treatment breaks, where you have the hosepipe next to the planter, I feel it would have been more appropriate to have the plaster wall up to the corner there. I wonder if a smaller chimney might have looked a little less overpowering, it’s all you see as you enter the home, and it partially blocks the view of that dormer window. There are a lot of trees on the lot, they feel a little overwhelming.

@masajo
    Rapunzel is such an ingeniously creative fairy tale style cottage. The architecture is incredibly unique and well executed, the “round” tower looks fabulous, especially with those plants expertly placed up its sides. Your landscaping is well thought out and expertly done as well, you’ve made a few plants go a long way, your use of terrain paint is as amazing as ever. You have made some great rustic object choices in the kitchen and bedroom, I’m truly impressed with how far you’ve managed to stretch the budget. I simply adore the reading room in the tower, it’s fabulous! The clutter helps to make the home feel lived in.

Suggestions: The couches in the living room feel ill at ease with the rest of the rustic choices you have made. And I am sure this is just down to budgetary restraints, but some plants heading up the side of the tower by the awninged seating area would have perfected that area for me. One other thing, some dirt terrain under the plants on the tower next to the bench would have finished that area off as well.

@Karababy52
    Storybook Cottage is simply adorable. Your exteriors look amazing, your use of MOO with your planting works really well, I love the ivy trailing up the chimney breast and that bench under the tree with the lantern coming out of the trunk table is adorable! You have made some good use of terrain paints both under your planting and in your pathways. That little gazebo is just lovely. You have made some really great object choices in your interiors, and the pink is just subtle enough that the colour scheme isn’t too overwhelming. That bedroom is sooo dreamy, I love your custom made fireplace and the two dolls kissing on the mantel are delightful, I love the backstory you have created throughout your showcase.

Suggestions: The trim around your chimney wall is two different colours. I understand that space was a premium in this tiny little cottage, but a sink in the bathroom would have been a nice addition. Be careful with your window choices and placement, they shouldn’t really extend beneath your counters.

@emere
    Little Cottage is a really lovely little build, your architecture is so charming. The spandrels around the front porch add to this, as do the window boxes. You have made some good use of terrain paints and your choice of planting blends with the style of the cottage. Your layout works well and you have made some great object choices, your colour palette works well throughout the home. I am especially fond of the bedroom, you have included some great clutter pieces in here, which really helps add character to your little cottage.

Suggestions: When placing floor growing plants on a build with a foundation, you can, with a little tinkering get them to place on the foundation, they look very out of place starting above it. I am unsure as to why you have placed the chimney nowhere near the fireplace. On the whole, the interior of the build feels very spartan in comparison to the entryway, I wonder had you made the home a tad smaller, might you have had a little more funds to make this place truly magnificent.

And the winner is.....

@gmcrozier

2nd Place goes to @linday and @masajo

3rd Place goes to @kilra0

Sim Challenge

@Ainsleyf
    Louise looks adorable!! I love that you gave her a Fairy COSplay outfit as well!! You gave her some great traits, and she even has the great storyteller trait!! Don’t forget that you can turn “headlineeffects off” for Sim spotlights!

@Laebeth
    Louise looks amazing doing her washing out there with the wash tub!! And it’s great that she is a member of a book club. The traits you have given her really suit her.

@linzlulubell
    Your version of Louise is gorgeous! I adore that hairstyle, I love that you made a cat lover!! She certainly looks like she is enjoying life. Don’t forget that you can turn “headlineeffects off” for Sim spotlights!

And the winner is....

@Laebeth

GArBA5W.jpg
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    Congrats @gmcrozier, @linday, @masajo and @Laebeth :smiley: So many wonderful cottages <3
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    Many thanks and big congrats to yourself @kilra0 @gmcrozier @linday and @Laebeth :)
    Thank you very much @BuildnShare for your wonderful review and great feedback, always appreciated :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    Thanks for the feedback! Totally agree. Could've done more to the interior.

Congrats gmcrozier! Well deserved! Lovely cottage!
    And leabeth for the sims challenge!
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    Congrats! @gmcrozier , @linday, and @Laebeth ! Wonderful builds, all of you. I bet the judges had a really hard time choosing. I want to DL all of the builds in this challenge and make a whole world with them!
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Congratulations to the winners, very well deserved, loved all the builds in this round! :) Thank you so much for the suggestions @BuildnShare, I should've made the build a tiny bit bigger to accomodate the sink, oh well. I had no idea the chimney trim was two different colors. o.O Can't believe I missed that.

About the windows, yeah, I had them up where they belong, but since there's no foundation and the roof extends down so far, they all but disappeared. lol I think I concentrated on the exterior way too much this time. I'll keep your suggestions in mind for my next build.

Anyway, glad you liked most of it. The bedroom is my favorite room too. <3
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    Congratulations @gmcrozier @Laebeth for Winning 1st place in the Expert Category <3<3

Congrats to @linday @masajo and @kilra0 for placing in the Expert Build category. Everyone's cottage looks AMAZING!!
    @Laebeth your simversion of Louise is GREAT.
    Congratulations @gmcrozier @Laebeth @linday @masajo @kilra0 and @Laebeth. Well done and well deserved everyone :)<3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top