March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited November 2017
    Oh wow, that made my day :blush:

Thank you @masajo and @abelhinha35 , that's so kind of you!

@Ainsleyf I am kicking myself right now for not naming it "Lodgy Lodge" in the gallery! I gotta get more creative with my naming :p Thanks a lot though, I appreciate it :blush:

Thank you @BuildnShare for the great feedback! I had a lot of fun making RV's! Not sure if I will make the next challenge in time, we'll see, but I will for sure be entering future challenges :smiley:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Congrats @Laebeth - a very well deserved win!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Yay @Laebeth , Congrats to your win with "Lodgy Lodge"! Very well done!

ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR #BNS81 - The Gypsies
    @mannanna
    Suggestions: Regarding the central 'playground' I would have separated the different areas somewhat by using plants/flower beds/hedges for example.

Hahaha, you're asking a lot for 75K. Thank you so much for the feedback though, I make sure to add overview pics next time. :)

• Simrissie_RykelSimrissie_Rykel Posts: 113 Member
    @Laebeth Congrats on your win, well deserved!
    @FaithofKaela @mannanna @Rykel Thank you very much for the congrats guys :blush:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR #BNS81 - The Gypsies

@pronterus
    Urban RV Park is a wonderful stop in the City! The layout of the park is well thought out and I love how you have the hashed orange and white lines to define the ‘parking spaces’. The RV’s themselves look amazing, the big bay windows at the front look fabulous and the ‘steering wheels’ are an epic idea. Your roofing is also great, it makes it look like there might be a sleeping berth above the cab. You did a really creative job on the exteriors, with the headlights, front grill and also the tail lights. The landscaping is so cobbled together it that is looks really natural. Love the bonfire in the centre and that guard hut!!  The lodge is, again, well thought out and you made some really great object and clutter choices to make it feel homely, yet a bit chaotic, exactly how I would image a traveller's base to be.

Suggestions: I would liked to have seen more of a base in the lodge, somewhere the whole family could gather, it might have been nice to include a kitchen and dining area and more beds, so that in the depths of winter they aren’t all stuck outside, or on makeshift beds. The only other thing I can think to comment on, is the fact that the bunk beds aren’t usable.

@Ainsleyf
    WOW!! Bohemian Lodge is just wonderful, the vardo’s are so magical and the whole thing has so many lovely little details. First of the architecture is perfect, both on the lodge and the trailers, the way you sized up that chimney, why on earth have I never thought of doing that?! The roofline on the lodge is great as are those curved roofs on the vardo’s. Your landscaping is fabulous, the pond fits in a treat and that little outdoor party area is such a lovely addition, great thinking to include the busking area.  You made great use of the terrain painting tools and your plant choices are perfect for this style of build.  The vardo interiors are fantastic, so colourful, yet, the coalesce perfectly together. I adore your use of curtains throughout this creation.  The lodge is amazing, perfect for a large 🐸🐸🐸🐸 family, the long table you made out of picnic benches is, again, inspired! There is just so much thought detail gone into each and every area, I could go on and on. I must just comment on those end to end beds though, you’re creative has left me completely awestruck this round.

Suggestions: This may just be personal preference, but I wonder if that purple wallpaper in Gio’s Vardo is a little too much, perhaps just an accent wall would have made it a little less overpowering.

Sim Entry:
    Gio is awesome!! The traits you gave seem perfect and I love that you gave him the Soulmate Aspiration! Those skills will certainly come in useful at the lodge and he looks to be the life and soul of the party, especially considering his gloomy outlook.

@masajo
    Traveller’s Rest is amazing! The layout of the entire lot feels incredibly natural and well thought out. Your architecture is wonderful with the lodge and toilet block, even your creative RV’s. I adore how you have used the windows and vents as grills. Your use of plants to decorate the lot is wonderful, it all feels so lush and vibrant, yet a tranquil place for Gio’s Da to rest up and recuperate. Your lodge is lovely, you did a really great job with the roofline and the interiors are wonderful, that custom made rug is just amazing. I like how you provided a separate shower and toilet block, yet it still feels like a part of the lot.  Great job incorporating a pool into the lot!

Suggestions: Some tail lights on the RV’s might have been nice and I can’t help feeling a little more terrain paint around the firepit and camping area would have helped it look more part of the lot than a separate area, a footpath maybe, there doesn’t seem to be an ‘entrance’ to that area. I would liked to have seen an area for the family to sleep and eat in the lodge, especially now that Winter is coming.

@abelhinha35
    Wow - look at this place!! Travellers Inn is truly gorgeous!! Your landscaping is amazing, I just adore the streams that lead into the pond, very creative and that little bridge *squee*.  You did an amazing job with the terrain painting with this lot. The little gardening area outside the yellow trailer is lovely. The interior of the lodge is lovely, lots of rustic charm, and you made great use of clutter.

Suggestions: I’m not sure how the trailers would get into position with all that water around, it almost feels like you’ve gone for form over function with this lot. I wonder if the trailers should have a little more area designated for cooking, while they are on the road, I’m sure they’d want to eat something other than microwaved food.

And the winner is.......

@Ainsleyf.

The Sim Winner is

@Ainsleyf - Gio looked fabulous and he certainly looks like he's enjoying the new 'digs'.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    I'm actually blushing! Thanks so much!!!! And thanks @buildnshare for the lovely review, awesome challenge and taking all the time!!!
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Congrats @Ainsleyf ! Well-deserved win :)
    Congrats on your win @Ainsleyf!!!
    Waaaaa congrats @Ainsleyf ! A double whammy, how about that! Your 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravan park was so magical :)

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    Fantastic build @Ainsleyf many congrats :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Thank you very much @BuildnShare for your wonderful comments and feedback, always very much appreciated :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR #BNS81 - The Gypsies

@JosieAnglin

Your RV lot is very creatively built! I love that each trailer has a pick-up truck to pull it. You have used terrain paint well to give a sense of pathways, and the landscaping, especially around the campfire is very pretty. The architecture of the lodge and bathroom facility is simple but effective. You’ve included some great family activities inside the lodge—always a plus! Each of the trailers is simply furnished as one might expect. I like that you color coordinated each one. I think my favorite detail is how you used the foundation and fencing to create a “hookup” between the truck and trailer. Nice job! :smiley:

Suggestions: My main suggestion is that you be more creative with your images. The cutaways views are okay, but we like to see close up images of the inside of each room (and trailer). Have you ever tried cameraman mode? With a Sim on the lot, press the tab key and then you can navigate inside your buildings using the arrow keys. Q brings the camera down, E brings it up. I would play around a bit, and look at how the expert entries take their pictures. And one last thing, we always like for you to include a view of the lot looking down with roofs off but walls up (no cutaways).

@StangMix2

Your RV Campground is full of interesting details! I love the landscaping: great idea to include the fishing pond, and the plants, trees and terrain paint look naturalistic. Your RVs are quite imaginative! I love the that you’ve included driver’s seats in each one. The lodge has a rustic feeling to it—nice choices of wall textures and roofing and I love the corbels! There are wonderful details in each trailer, and I like that you’ve included accommodations for children and toddlers. The bunk beds in the lodge are also very imaginative, and overall, I like the “mismatched” interior design of the lot as a whole. Well done! :smiley:

Suggestions: I might have sized up the “wheels” of your RVs a bit more; they look a little small in comparison to the size of the truck itself. And, with the truck style of RV (as opposed to a trailer pulled by a truck) I’ve never seen wallpaper used on the interior. The walls are mostly very plain (although often with lots of built-ins). Plain walls might have made it seem more like a vehicle and less like a house.

And the winner is.......

@StangMix2
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Fantastic campground @StangMix2 many congrats :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    @StangMix2 Congrats Stinky! <3

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Congrats @Stangmix2 - WOOT!!

And thanks so much @pronterus @faithofkaela @laebeth and @masajo!!
    Congrats to both of you @StangMix2 and @Ainsleyf a double congrats!!!
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,302 Member
    Congrats @Ainsleyf and @StangMix2 , well deserved wins. :)

Thank for your feedback @BuildnShare. :) I totally agree with your comments @BuildnShare. It did cross my mind that I had the wrong take on this challenge but after all hour I put into the landscaping I just stuck with what I had envisioned. :)
  • StangMix2StangMix2 Posts: 238 Member
    Congrats @Ainsleyf ! So well deserved, your build was just so charming and Gio <3;)

Congrats Smelly @Laebeth <3 WOOT!

Thank you so much @BuildnShare ! And thank you for the feedback, I hadn't thought about the wallpaper not matching the RV's. I don't think I've actually ever been inside an RV before, so maybe I should look at pictures next time :D
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR #BNS82 - The Hawthorne Legacy - Part VI

@Ainsleyf

You have created a charming rustic home with your Room for the In-Laws ! The layout of the whole lot is well conceived; I love the covered walkway to the converted garage—a great idea! The star of the show, though, is your fantastic roofing—so creatively done! The landscaping is lovely, too, and you’ve used terrain paint to good advantage. You have continued the rustic theme on the interiors. I like the use of wallpapers in many of the rooms and the wood paneling in the dining area. There is a peaceful harmony of color and texture throughout, and you’ve kept the clutter to a minimum but it still has a homey feel. Great job! :smiley:

Suggestions: I might have chosen a different wall texture for the boys’ bedrooms. The wallpaper seems a little too formal for them. And, as you admitted in your slide show, Maimah’s bedroom would have been better on the ground floor. It also would have been nice if you had taken some full sunlight pictures of the exterior. There were so many lovely features I would have liked to see more clearly!

@FaithofKaela

You have included so many thoughtful touches in your Maimah Murphy’s Place beginning with the ramps up to the porch! The lot as a whole is nicely landscaped in the central area and you’ve chosen wall textures for the exteriors that give a pleasant, homey look. The orchard and vegetable garden are two of my favorite places on the lot! The interior of both the house and annex have a homey feeling as well. Nice use of interesting floor and wall textures! I also like seeing the plants throughout. You have really thought about the needs of each occupant, including the dogs! Lovely work! :smiley:

Suggestions: I might have moved the wall TV in the living area down a bit, so I wouldn’t have to strain my neck to watch! Also, where I come from bedrooms in the basement without immediate outside egress (like a window or an outside door) are against the building code, so it bothers me a bit to see that (although I’m sure it doesn’t bother the Sims themselves!). And finally, I would really have loved to see a roofs up view of the whole lot in order to get a sense of the layout of the buildings and garden.

@masajo

There is an attractive modern European look to the architecture of Pastures New. The two buildings are situated nicely in relationship to each other and the curved pathways lend a casual country feeling to the lot. I love the flowering dogwoods, too! The two private gardens in the back are sure to get a lot of use. The insides of both houses are laid out conveniently, and each has a cozy, homey atmosphere. There are many clever decorative touches, but my favorite is the “false window” (wall decoration) in the parents’ bedroom! A beautiful job overall! :smiley:

Suggestions: I might have used a contrasting wall texture to better define the kitchens in both houses. For example, in the parents’ house, you could extend the vertical wood texture in the computer nook to cover the rest of the kitchen. And some of the wall art in the boys’ bedroom seems a little juvenile for a teen and a young adult (although I understand you were going for the color).

This was a tough decision because you all did an outstanding job of providing an attractive home for the Murphys. It was a great pleasure to see your creativity at work!

And the winner is.......

@Ainsleyf
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Big congrats @Ainsleyf a very well deserved win :)
    Many thanks as always @BuildnShare for your great feedback, very much appreciated :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    edited November 2017
    You did it again @Ainsleyf ! Big congrats to your win!
    I imagine this was a tough one to judge. I loved all the expert builds <3
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR #BNS82 - The Hawthorne Legacy - Part VI

@mannanna

Middle of Nowhere is a beautiful lot, the traditional architecture fits in well with the landscaping style you chose. Speaking of which, your landscaping is incredible given the budget, you made really great use of the terrain painting tools and your plant, flower and tree choice are wonderful! Your window placement is lovely, I especially like the different sized windows in the kitchen and the sills you popped under the smaller ones. The basketball hoop is a great addition and I like how you've placed the outside bin on the lot. Your interiors look fabulous, you made some really great object choices and those items you chose have been well placed to help the lot feel incredibly homely. The dog corner is adorable! You have included so many lovely little touches to this build, the books next to Maimah's bed, the dog bowls in the Ortega's kitchen, the popcorn maker in the boy's hangout area, I could go on. Your layout is great, both homes have a good sense of flow and your colour palette's help the two builds feel distinct from one another, without that contrast feeling too jarring.

Suggestions: Your terrain painted pathways, might look a little more natural had they had some dirt lining the outside of them, you can get this effect by choosing the smallest paintbrush, mosy narrow paintbrush and going over the outline of the paths.

@FoundMarbles

Murenga is a wonderful home for Maimah and her family. The use of that half wall topping as a fence is an ingenious idea. You made some great plant choices in the flower beds in the front and back of the lot and the trees and veggie garden look good. Great idea to include a pond for Grandad to fish at home! I just love the little-planted area by the pond, it's so vibrant and lush! The house itself is lovely, you chose a great colour palette to help the home feel cohesive. You've made some great use of clutter items to help the place feel loved and lived in. Your layout works well, the home certainly flows well from one area the next.

Suggestions: Murenga feels a little 'boxy' to me, perhaps some embellishments to the roof line might have helped add interest to the exterior of the building. I wonder if some terrain paints around the pathways and trees, especially leading up to the chairs by the pond, would have helped the landscaping feel a little more natural.

And the winner is......

@mannanna

Congrats hon, we feel that you deserve a bump up to the Expert level now sweet!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrats @mannanna and @Ainsleyf!!!
    Congrats onthe win @Ainsleyf and @mannanna ! Well deserved you guys, beautiful homes! <3 (And congrats on the bump up to mannanna :wink: )

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top