March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Thank you so much @BuildnShare and @Masajo and @mannanna and @faithofkaela and @laebeth! I'm very happily surprised as the other two builds were awfully darned great!!! and Congrats at @mannanna and getting the up bump!!! YAY! And thanks for another fun challenge and taking the time to review the builds and also, thanks to @persrealmsshadow for the cool family and idea to work with!
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Oh wow, I don't know what to say! Winning is great, woot! made me happy :smiley: But, but expert? That really surprised me, I'm honored to be in the same class as the experts here and at the same time I feel a bit apprehensive, lol. I'm far from that good. Thank you @BuildnShare for a wonderful review and fun stories.

Thanks for the congrats also @FaithofKaela @Laebeth and @Ainsleyf :)<3
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR #BNS82 - The Hawthorne Legacy - Part VI

@xraygrl2004

Ranch Modular is a fabulous creation with a wonderful layout and very spacious accommodation for both families. Great choice of exterior wall finishes, each home individual but blending together well. Good to see you've used terrain paint to create pathways and outdoor areas. The veggie garden looks well kept and there are lots of exterior activities for the whole family. The colourful plants at the front provide a welcoming and attractive entrance and the fenestration is very much ranch style. Going inside, both homes have wonderful layouts and I love the bright and vibrant colour schemes in Maimah's home. Gorgeous decor, warm and cosy with great attention to detail. I also like how you've divided the open plan living area with counters, this makes great definition.

Suggestions: Always watch the budget, this is the build (Gallery) cost plus the lot cost. It would have been good to title your pics as it's not always clear what's what and this is good explanation. Regarding the interiors I feel the TV would have looked better enlarged by using the ] key. Also, mats placed on the wooden floors would have added to the cosiness of the homes. If budget is the key, use floor tiles to create your own unique rug.

The winner of this challenge is ....

@xraygrl2004

GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    Many congrats @mannanna and @xraygrl2004 fabulous entries :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Congrats @xraygrl2004!!!
  • xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    Oh wow!!! Thanks @BuildnShare for the critique and suggestions. I think I'm slowly getting the hang of this building thing :blush: Thanks to all for the congrats and Congrats to all the other winners!
    Rke3QSo.jpg
    Big congrats to @xraygrl2004 !!! Not bad, first entry and winning :)
    Thank you @masajo :)
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    @Ainsleyf @mannanna @xraygrl2004 Grats on the wins! I loved all 3 of those houses :)
    EkwtdjR.jpg
    Thank you @PersRealmsShadow :) And thank you for creating the family! ( and the story )
    edited December 2017
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR #BNS83 - A Townie Home

@xraygrl2004

MidCentury Modern Ranch is just lovely, you did a really great job sticking to the floor plan. Your roofing looks fabulous! The landscaping you chose fits incredibly well. You did a wonderful job with the open plan kitchen and living area, it feels really homely and your bathroom is swoon-worthy!! You made some great object choices and the palette you chose works well throughout the home.

Suggestions: I only have a couple of things to suggest, one would have been to use columns on the edges of the walls that stick out into the bathroom, this would have given the room a more finished look. The other is that the master bedroom feels huge, you can break up large expanses of the plain floor with rugs, either with the flooring tools or buying and resizing the rugs available in build/buy mode.

@StangMix2

You did such a great job of following the floorplan, and the exterior looks fabulous. You made the landscaping fit the style of the build perfectly. I love how you used those low bushes as a fence, such a great idea. Your interiors are lovely, it all feels very elegant. You’ve made some awesome use of the MOO tool, especially with the media unit. The palette you have chosen helps the build feel lovely and cohesive. The garage is wonderful! All those tools, Hope will be in heaven!!

Suggestions: The office room feels very different in style with the rest of the build, almost like it doesn’t belong. Perhaps some terrain paint in the backyard would have helped it feel like part of the build, as it stands, it looks like a bit of an afterthought.

@Rangerlucy

You made a great job of the layout, and the exterior of A New Start looks fab. The terrain paints you used look great and help the landscaping really fit in with the rest of the exterior. Your kitchen and dining area looks awesome, you made some really great use of clutter here, the palette you have chosen winds it’s way nicely through the whole house, making it feel nice and cohesive.

Suggestions: I know it can be difficult to showcase small spaces, but try not to zoom out so much when you take your pictures, it distorts the sizes of the rooms and the furniture therein. The roof might have looked more natural had you taken the front sections back into the main roof, avoiding the gully's you have in the centres of the roofs

@FidgetyAtom

Your interpretation of The Caprica is fantastic, you did such a great job following the floor plan and wow, you nailed the roof line!! Your exteriors are perfect as well. I love the naturalness of the landscaping, the heather and rock-lined pathway is gorgeous and it was a great idea to size up that sculpture to make it a feature. In fact, you made some excellent use of the terrain paint tools all through the landscaping. Your interiors are gorgeous, you’ve made some really great use of clutter to help The Caprica feel loved. Your palette works well throughout the home.

Suggestions:
    The fountain doesn’t really feel like it belongs to the rest of the lot, it feels a bit tacked on, I actually think it would have been better had you left it out. Be careful with lighting in your media, some of the pictures are quite dark, which makes it difficult to pick out the details.

And the winner is.........

@StangMix2

Well done, your build was wonderful. You are hereby promoted to the Established category, congratulations!!

I would also like to give an honourable mention to @FidgetyAtom, a wonderful recreation of the floor plan and the roofing was spot on.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @StangMix2 Congrats on the win Stinky! :blush: And a bump up to Established even! Hurray!! *claps*
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    @StangMix2 Awesome! Congrats on the win! It is a wonderful house for sure! *cheer cheer*

Thank you for the mention <3
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Congrats on both your win and your promotion @StangMix2!!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    Woot and Yay for @StangMix2 !!! Congrats to the win and bump up! "Grattis" ;)
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

Woot and Yay for @StangMix2 !!! Congrats to the win and the bump to established! Way to Go!!

"Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • StangMix2StangMix2 Posts: 238 Member
    Yay! Thank you so much @BuildnShare :smiley: And thank you @Laebeth @FaithofKaela @FidgetyAtom (and congrats on the honorable mention!) @mannanna (Tak!) and @FoundMarbles <3
    edited December 2017
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR #BNS83 - A Townie Home

@FoundMarbles

You have done a fine job in recreating the Dunland floor plan. The basic shape of the house and its exterior wall textures are all there. The carport and yoga/art studio are nice additions, and it was a great idea to enclose the yard with fencing to give Hope more privacy. The landscaping is especially nice. Inside the color scheme is harmonious throughout, and you’ve given the interiors a mid-century feeling. I especially like your use of rugs and the kitchen clutter! Other great details include the plant shelf, abundant artwork and turning the mechanical room into a recreation space. (I love the inclusion of the bonsai tree for Hope!) Good job! :smiley:

Suggestions: I might have gone with a completely flat roof (i.e. no roof at all, just floor covering) for those areas of the roof that are not vaulted. The area that is vaulted seems higher than the original—I might have used shorter windows in the vaulted area to allow you to lower the roof. I also might have used less wood paneling inside; it’s nice to define certain areas, like the kitchen, with contrasting wall textures. And finally, consider how you group paintings on a wall. The ones above the plant shelf seem too high; I would have brought them down closer to the shelf.

@glen1974

Atomic Bungalow is an excellent realization of the Mitchell Glenn floor plan! You chose wall textures that suggest what was used in the original. The two perpendicular vaulted roofs are hard to achieve in the game but you managed to create an attractive compromise. Your landscaping is particularly beautiful; it has a real mid-century vibe to it! And the pool area in back is a lovely addition. The interiors are very mid-century, too, with turquoise and orange being the primary colors. I love your “built in” seating in the living area—very cleverly done. And the kitchen is especially attractive. It was also a great idea to use an otherwise undesignated space as the art nook. Wonderful work! :smiley:

Suggestions: The vault on the roofs seems too high compared with the original, and it might have been nice if you had eliminated the flat ceiling in the vaulted areas in order to get the effect of the vault. Also, I’m not sure what that mailbox is doing in the foyer. (I assume the game put it there because you forgot to include a mailbox!) Finally, you chose an expensive lot to put the house on. I think it might have worked on a 30 x 40 lot as well, and you would have had up to §8000 more to work with!

@JosieAnglin

Home for the Muse has a lot for Hope to enjoy! The landscaping within the fences is lovely, and the large pool is a definite plus. The side patio with the chess table and heater is a wonderful feature, too, and the wooded park beyond the back fence is peaceful and inviting! Nice use of terrain paint throughout the lot. The inside is very cozy. You have followed the floor plan for the most part and created defined areas within the main open space. I love the dining nook, for example! I also love that you turned the mechanical room into a walk-in closet. Nicely done! :smiley:

Suggestions: Part of the brief was to create the exterior of the house according to the house plan. Your placement of the vaulted roof is different from the plan as is your placement of windows and doors. Your choices of windows, doors and exterior wall textures is not as mid-century as it might have been.

Sim Challenge: Great choices for Hope’s outfits! I especially like her everyday clothes. I can easily picture her gardening or crafting at the workbench. Speaking of which, it might have been nice to include images of her in her new house going about her daily life!

Room Challenge: Creative Dream is exactly what one would expect an artist’s studio to look like! I love the design on the floor, and I especially love that you included a large area on one wall for Hope to paint a mural. Lots of clutter and useful objects and furniture around the periphery and lots of creative space in the middle to move around in. Good job!

@kilra0

It is fascinating that you mirror reversed the floor plan of the Caprica, but it works really well! The exterior wall textures are great choices for this house. It really has an updated mid-century feeling to it. Your landscaping is fairly simple but effective. I love how you bordered the driveway with the half logs and the back patio with fireplace is inspired! The inside is also sort of an updated mid-century modern, too. The use of red both in wall textures and furnishings is striking. I’m especially impressed by the bedroom. The colors are quite dramatic. Lovely work here! :smiley:

Suggestions: We expect all images to be labeled and you might have given us a few more as well. (I wasn’t always sure what I was looking at.) And I’m sorry that you ran out of money, because I would love to see what you could do with a little more in the budget!

@Laebeth

Greenberg Drive is and outstanding recreation of the Mitchell Glen house plan! The exterior wall texture choices are spot on, and the house is beautifully landscaped in a very typical mid-century style. The back patio with the pool is a lovely addition. Inside, the Scandinavian design aesthetic works well. You have included lots of beautiful details and used clutter items to give a sense of a well-loved home. I love the use of the brick and wood paneling wall textures, too, and am especially impressed by how you created the draperies in the master bedroom. Wonderful work! :smiley:

Suggestions: Not much to suggest really except that the guest bedroom could have used a rug, and it might have been nice to take advantage of the vaulted ceiling, especially in the main part of the house.

Sim Challenge: I loved your back story about Hope and her mother. The outfits you chose for her do reflect a happier past, and I enjoyed seeing Hope in her home. My one suggestion is that her everyday outfit seems perhaps too formal. Since we know she likes to paint and fix things, perhaps an outfit that she wouldn’t mind getting dirty would have been more appropriate.

@Mamajanaynay

You followed the floor plan of the Dallas very accurately; the proportions seem just right! The exterior, especially from the front, well represents the model. The landscaping as you approach the house is really lovely. Inside, I love the colorful rooms, each nicely coordinated. The kitchen and living areas look very cozy, too, and I love the coral colored bed in the master bedroom! And I bet Hope spends a lot of time in the converted garage; what a fun area! Good job! :smiley:

Suggestions: A few more images, especially of the exterior, would have been appreciated. You might have included more landscaping too; the backyard looks rather bare. (And remember, terrain paint is your friend!) Some of the interior spaces look a little bare too, like the master bedroom.

@Pallypoo

Darling Dallas is a good representation of the model you chose. The exterior wall textures and roofing are close to the original. Your landscaping is quite lovely (I love the little fish fountain in front!), and the back patio with the grill and heater are a lovely touch. You went for a mid-century style on the interior and it works well. I love your use of the stone and wood paneled wall textures! The converted garage is a hoot! I love the bright colors and its playful furnishings. Nice job overall! :smiley:

Suggestions: Please label all pictures next time. (It really helps the judges if they know what they’re looking at!) And then just some minor quibbles: the blue and yellow drapery in the living area just doesn’t seem to have the right shades of those colors; a plain white curtain would have worked better, I think. And the guest bedrooms do look a little too bare, though I understand your reasoning.

Sim Challenge: I really like the look of your version of Hope. She looks like a no-nonsense kind of woman, and your everyday outfit for her seems just right!

Room Challenge: Hope could easily spend hours in this room! The colors are invigorating and inspiring. There are lots of fun details! For the future, remember that we would like a separate slide show for room entries and not just the pictures you posted on the forums with your entry.

@SyddyB206

Mid Century Loner is a decent replica of the Dallas house plan (although you forgot to mention which plan you were following!). The landscaping in front is especially pretty! Inside, you have followed the floor plan quite accurately. The interior colors coordinate nicely; I especially like the pops of yellow. I also like your use of the art deco wallpaper, which ties the whole house together. Each bedroom is nicely furnished with just the right amount of furniture and clutter items. Good job! :smiley:

Suggestions: A few more images of the exterior would have been appreciated, and perhaps a bit more landscaping, too! I’m also not sure why Hope would need two computers in the office. Perhaps a bookshelf along one of those walls would have been more appropriate. And finally, you went a bit over budget. The gallery price of your lot was §97,611 which made the total build cost §100,111.

And the winner is.........

@Laebeth
    Well done! You are hereby promoted to the Expert category!

Honoroble mention goes to…

@glen1974

The Sim Challenge winner is…

@Pallypoo

The Room Challenge winners (tie!) are…

@JosieAnglin and @Pallypoo
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrats to @Laebeth for the win and for the bump up!! Yay!! Congrats to @glen1974, @pallypoo and @josieAnglin! Yay!!
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Congrats @Laebet, @glen1974 and @JosieAnglin !

And thank you @BuildnShare for the tips and advice!
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    edited December 2017
    Congrats @Laebeth !! For both the win and bump :D

congrats to all @Pallypoo for the sim challenge and @JosieAnglin too for the tie for room winner!

Good job for that Honorable mention @glen1974
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR #BNS83 - A Townie Home

@StSciurus

The Dunland is a very interesting design and I was greatly pleased to see how well you'd mirrored this with Hope Springs Eternal. The exterior finishes of this mid century modern are clean and crisp and the overall feel is neat and tidy. The planted borders surrounding the house provide colour and enhance the appearance. You've made good use of terrain paint to create pathways to the front entrance from the street and also from the parking area. Good choice of fencing which blends in with the exterior design perfectly and also enables dappled light through to the pool area. You have adhered to the floor plan very well and have also brought the mid century modern vibe to the interiors. The orange tones of the living areas are warm and subtly bright. Great kitchen layout, I love the central island and the pantry nook. The moo'd items placed in the cupboards in the hall look very real, it's good to use storage space effectively! The turquoise bathroom is a wonderful contrast to the orange and it's good to see you partnered this shade with the orange in the bedroom.

Suggestions: The first thing that stood out to me was the red door combined with pink plants. I would have used 'hot' colours for the planted borders, ie red, yellow and orange to blend with the door colour. The bird house looks a little out of place at the front to me. I would have used a modern sculpture instead or brought the topiary tree to where the birdhouse is placed in order to keep in line with the modern appearance of the build.

@abelhinha35

Mid Century Modern is an excellent interpretation of The Dunland. Great choice of exterior wall finishes and beautiful planted areas at the front which really enhance the appearance and provide a welcoming entrance. The corner walls are a great idea and define the boundaries of the lot really well. Good use of terrain paint to create pathways and the slabs placed over give a great modern feel. Good to see you've used a variety of fence/walls which add interest and provide privacy to the wonderfully peaceful and relaxing pool area. Fantastic interior design! The turquoise and orange scheme, combined with the wooden cabinets and furnishings, certainly live up to the mid century modern style. I really like how you've defined the kitchen area with the wall tiles and different flooring and used dividers in the open plan living areas to allow separation. Lots of lovely 'moo', I love how you've placed the tv and stereo on the unit and you've made a fantastic feature of the bathroom sink. The bedroom is very elegant and tranquil and the curtain arrangement leading to the art studio looks fabulous.

Suggestions: Watch the budget even though you've only minimally gone over! As I said earlier it's good to see a variety of fence/walls but I would have gone for ones the same height to surround a single area such as this. It would look more uniform. I love how you've arranged the gardening area at the rear but I feel the rest of the land here could have been put to better use. Maybe the addition of a firepit or monkey bars, for example, would fill out the space.

@mannanna

Mid Century Suburbia is a beautiful traditional ranch style home with great contrasting exterior finishes. The gorgeous planted borders soften and enhance the build and provide a warm and welcoming appearance. The moo'd fountains are great features and I love the front patio nook, perfect for watching the world go by. The high fencing at the rear adds much privacy to the rear pool and patio area which looks wonderfully relaxing. Good to see you've brought the mid century modern style indoors with your choice of decor and furnishings. The mint green living areas look clean and crisp and I love the idea of nostalgia in the lounge. Great art studio, the paintings certainly reflect Hope's gloomy and mean personality! The salmon pink shades of the bathroom and bedroom bring out the feminine side and it looks so wonderful to step out to the rear patio from here.

Suggestions: The garage opens out to the side but looks a little odd not leading to anywhere. I would have used a slightly larger lot to create a driveway from the street. Also the gate at the rear doesn't seem to lead to anywhere. Maybe a grass/stone type of terrain paint faded out into the grass would have looked more natural instead of tiles.

@FaithofKaela

Where There's Hope is such a wonderful replica of The Dunland, albeit decorated and adorned beautifully for Christmas. Lovely soft exterior finishes brought to life by the large windows. Great use of terrain paint to create pathways and the tiles on top provide a lovely modern finish. Really like the moo'd fountain, makes such a great feature at the front. Heading inside the open plan living areas are well defined by the use of dividers and different floor types. The pops of sunny yellow in the kitchen give the room a wonderful sunny and cheery atmosphere and I love the idea of a separate area for coffee making. The living room looks so warm and cosy with the roaring fire and Christmas cheer. The built in wardrobes look fantastic in the bedroom which has a very peaceful and relaxing feel with the earthy tones. Fantastic moo'd greenery arrangements both here in the bedroom and in the bathroom, they look very effective. What a beautiful space the back garden is and full to the brim with activities, always plenty to do here.

Suggestions: I feel the flower bed in the rear garden would be more enhanced edged with small stones for example. Also watch the terrain paint, it's gone outside the fence on the left side. Regarding the trees, I always think this is an important part of a build. Make sure they blend in with the surroundings. I noticed palm trees from a neighbouring lot, I would have deleted and replaced this lot to blend in better with your build.

Sim Challenge: Your interpretation of Hope is spot on, a bit of a loner, a little gloomy but very creative. Love the aspiration you've chosen, this will give her lots to focus on. It was wonderful to see how you portrayed her in her new home where she certainly looks at home and displayed her various outfits which are so fitting for her personality.

@Ainsleyf

Sim Challenge: How very creative giving Hope two identities, I really like the Alien idea and the storyline you've provided. They're like chalk and cheese, such wonderful contrasts and I love the outfits you've chosen for both of them. You have certainly portrayed the human Hope as a mean loner and very creative to aspire to Painter Extraordinaire.

@Karababy52

House of Hope is a fantastic representation of The Dunland with lovely soft exterior wall finishes contrasting well with the dark fenestration. Wonderful planting arrangement at the front which really enhances the facade and the orange thistles provide colour and vibrance. Wow, the gnarled oak looks fantastic moo'd in with the other tree, very effective and the feature you've created with the garden boxes and fountain is also quite spectacular. The sunken patio with the firepit is a lovely private place to relax, the plants hanging on the fence provide the area with ambience. You're really done an amazing job creating the mid century modern style inside. The orange and turquoise theme of the living areas is a wonderful cheery combination and the upper shelving looks awesome with the plants on top. You have really thought out the layout really well and made use of all available space inside this home, my favourite being the bar and entertainment nook, so cute.

Suggestions: There seems to be a lot of unused space outside which is waiting to be developed. Maybe some fencing/hedging here and there would have filled in the corners or a few more trees or planted borders for example.

The Winner of this challenge is ....

@abelhinha35

The Winner of the Sim challenge is ....

@Ainsleyf

GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    Many congratulations to all the winners @StangMix2 @Laebeth and @abelhinha35 you have all shown amazing creativity :)

uzE2H1V.jpg
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited December 2017
    Oh my, thank you so much for my win and comments @BuildnShare :) I am surprised with all the magnificent builds entered. <3
    Congratualtions @StangMix2, @Laebeth, @glen1974, @pallypoo and @josieAnglin for your achivements in your categories. <3
    @Ainsleyf congrats for winning the sim challenge :)<3
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,302 Member
    masajo wrote: »
    Many congratulations to all the winners @StangMix2 @Laebeth and @abelhinha35 you have all shown amazing creativity :)

Thanks @masajo, much appreciated <3
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Oh wow! Last thing I expected, so this made me super happy! And a bump to Expert even! I am now officially terrified! haha :smiley:

Thank you very much for the feedback @BuildnShare ! I do agree about the vaulted roof, as I said earlier in the thread, it didn't even enter my mind at all :p And as for Hope I also agree about her every day outfit :blush:

Congrats on the honorable mention @glen1974 ! Well deserved! :heart:

Congrats to @JosieAnglin and @Pallypoo on the tie for the room win! :heart: (And Sim win too!)

Congrats to @abelhinha35 on winning the Expert level, and to @Ainsleyf for winning the Sim challenge! :heart:

Thank you @Ainsleyf @Pallypoo @FidgetyAtom @masajo and @abelhinha35 for the congrats and well wishes! I so appreciate it :blush:

I am not sure if I will be able to participate in the current challenge, as I build slow, and have two build projects and a Sim project in progress.. plus all the Christmas preparations (I am hosting Christmas myself this year so...lol) If I can I will, if not I will come back for the next one instead and try and see how I go with the other Experts (YIKES!). I gotta step up my game I think!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top