Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Delay It`Till 2015!

Comments

• Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited August 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    UtaDagda wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    UtaDagda wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    I agree patches and eps. I'm tired of waiting for this game. It's bad enough Batman Arkham Knight got delayed till sometimes in 2015. I couldn't take another delay.
    That's a little selfish CLP.

Wouldn't you want the game delayed so that they have time to add toddlers, pools, cars, bikes, etc? I don't understand why you would would want to pay extra for that stuff? :?

No but cause that stuff can be added later. Ts3 was delayed and nothing was added.
    But if the game was delayed, and EA were to add those things in, wouldn't you then want a delay?

A delay could mean getting all of those features back. Depending how long the delay is, of course.

Those features are very suited for EXP packs. Especially if they make them better than before. What we have in the base is well worth the price and the stuff you list is NOT worth a base game delay. IMO
    So you would rather PAY for these key features, rather then get them for free?

I just don't understand.

The key word is key and I do not think these are KEY for a base game.
    I get that.

But you would still rather PAY for these features (toddlers, pools, cars, bikes, dishwashers, better babies), rather than get them for free?

No but then again I'd rather not pay for weather new worlds and all EXP packs if I could get them free. :P The base game is fine and MORE THAN WORTH THE MONEY NOW AS IS. There's the point.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    jacqui72jacqui72 Posts: 101 New Member
    edited August 2014
    they can be added correct me if im wrong sims3 didn't have pools in the base game ?
  • Options
    LegendaryLegendary Posts: 390 Member
    edited August 2014
    jacqui72 wrote:
    they can be added correct me if im wrong sims3 didn't have pools in the base game ?

You are wrong.
    I'm just here to see how the fandom reacts to the game coming out.
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited August 2014
    jacqui72 wrote:

It had pools but pools remained useless all the way throughout the series. Only 2-3 real interactions besides swim. :?
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited August 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    UtaDagda wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    UtaDagda wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    I agree patches and eps. I'm tired of waiting for this game. It's bad enough Batman Arkham Knight got delayed till sometimes in 2015. I couldn't take another delay.

Wouldn't you want the game delayed so that they have time to add toddlers, pools, cars, bikes, etc? I don't understand why you would would want to pay extra for that stuff? :?

No but cause that stuff can be added later. Ts3 was delayed and nothing was added.
    But if the game was delayed, and EA were to add those things in, wouldn't you then want a delay?

A delay could mean getting all of those features back. Depending how long the delay is, of course.

Those features are very suited for EXP packs. Especially if they make them better than before. What we have in the base is well worth the price and the stuff you list is NOT worth a base game delay. IMO

I just don't understand.

I get that.

But you would still rather PAY for these features (toddlers, pools, cars, bikes, dishwashers, better babies), rather than get them for free?

No but then again I'd rather not pay for weather new worlds and all EXP packs if I could get them free. :P The base game is fine and MORE THAN WORTH THE MONEY NOW AS IS. There's the point.
    Well neither would I :lol:

I would think you'd want a delay, so you would get those things for free. But suit yourself.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited August 2014
    No thanks, they can add toddlers in a patch or EP
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited August 2014
    Why delay perfection? As far as EA are concerned they have stripped everything out of the game that can be added back into the game at a later date and for an additional cost. They must be wetting their pants with glee and anticipation. Bro.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited August 2014
    JohnBlack wrote:
    At this point just do it...honestly I don't think anyone here would be bummed out if they would announced delayment for the game given all the facts that we know now. In fact I think there would be a lot cheers than boos. That way they can perfect the game in worthy to call it a sequel.

I know its too late in the game but what is EA going to lose if someone with a brain cell that wasn't destroyed by all the bad stuff they've been smoking apparently and just announce it. Its not like they would lose money in promotion because there has been none as of yet.

Make the gamers happy :D should be their number one priority.

I would be bummed out and not happy if they delay this especially after seeing the creator camp videos and pictures.

Me too
  • Options
    AyuismAyuism Posts: 286 Member
    edited August 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    UtaDagda wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    UtaDagda wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    UtaDagda wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:

I just don't understand.

I get that.

Well neither would I :lol:

I would think you'd want a delay, so you would get those things for free. But suit yourself.

You wouldn't be getting those things for free if you're buying the base game. You would be getting those things for $70. And if you're a hardcore fan there is a very high chance you'll get the EP anyway. So whether it comes now or in an EP (or in a free patch btw) you're paying the same amount of money regardless.
  • Options
    tabo679tabo679 Posts: 406 Member
    edited August 2014
    if the game had major problems with the coding such as Sims always getting stuck and extreme lagging and crashes then yeah I would like it delayed even if it was for a few months or they patch it like the Sims 3 base game and that worked for a while until other eps came out and caused problems again.

But because its missing features that yes most should have been in like toddlers and pools etc. but delaying it just for those things to be added is not fair for the people who want to play it and have paid already for it and who have waited years for it plus like others said at some point those things will come in but knowing EA we will most likely have to pay £30-$60 for them which is also not fair for those simple features that should have really been included :).
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2014
    Kirby

I'd rather get all those features patched in rather then the game being delayed. Patches are free but ill also take them in EPS.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2014
    It s been said before game delays don't get stuff added and there is no logic to them since stuff can GE patched in for free.
  • Options
    tabo679tabo679 Posts: 406 Member
    edited August 2014
    Kirby

I'd rather get all those features patched in rather then the game being delayed. Patches are free but ill also take them in EPS.

I imagine certain stuff like pools can be patched in but things like toddlers may most likely be in an expansion since they would have to code and model them etc. plus it would take longer to do.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2014
    Or they can just release it as The Sims: 2014, a remodeled version of the original The Sims. *shrugs* That can't be too hard, can it? Just change the logo, and bing-bang-boom.

But I'm ignorant of how stuff works, so...

I agree with this. They should consider rebranding it. It doesn't feel like number 4. It's a reboot.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    From Simguru Hydra Today. If the game was getting delayed they wouldn't be updating this forum this weekend.

Hey Simmers –

The Sims 4 launch is REALLY close, like September 2 close– and we are pleased to confirm that we are upgrading the forums in preparation.

With the upgrade comes some downtime. We want to minimize the downtime as much as possible but we do ask that you have patience as we get this moving.

We will begin the upgrade this FRIDAY (August 8, 2014), at around 09:00am PDT.

What this means is that the forums will be read only (you will not be able to post or start new threads) for several days starting from that time.

We will keep everyone updated via Twitter and Facebook when the forums come back up.

We also want to let you know that with the upgrade, one piece of your profile will not be activated. You will need to choose or create a new avatar. Everything else will remain the same.

Thanks for your patience everyone. Looking forward to seeing what you think about the upgraded forums once they are live

Yeah, but why are they upgrading this one for the TS4? Is this site going to become the TS4 site? Since when does the old site get upgraded to the new game's site? Usually they make the new game's threads 'read only' and move them to the new site. They don't normally shut down the old game's site inorder to get ready for a brand new website do they? And make people get a new avatar.

I'm not understanding why not even TS3 players can post for several days and avatars will be lost, too.

How is this fair to TS3 players who wanted to stay here while everyone else leaves to go to the new TS4 site.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    edited August 2014
    I dont understand why people are calling the toddler age group a feature. Its not. Its an age, a state of life. When I was born, I slowly aged every year. I went from being a helpless baby to learning to sit up, then to walk and talk. Its these skills that allowed me into kindergarten and therefore 'childhood.' I didn't lie helpless in a crib until one day I hopped out and went to school.

Losing toddlers is different than losing a pool. The only useable features pools ever had were minimal. Mostly they were used to kill Sims.

I don't see how anyone isn't upset with losing the toddler age group. SimGuruGrahm even announced that toddlers were going to be in the game. They never announced they would have pools. I dont mind if pools come later with full playability. I do mind having my baby Sims magically turn into children. If toddlers aren't included in the release then they should be patched for free as soon as they fix the problem that forced then to remove the age group from the game.
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited August 2014
    Kirby

I'm sorry to tell you this CLP but EA is playing you. The fact that you would be content with PAYING for stuff that should be in the base makes me sad. :(
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    Hip_RoseHip_Rose Posts: 273 Member
    edited August 2014
    chider1234 wrote:
    Kirby

I'm sorry to tell you this CLP but EA is playing you. The fact that you would be content with PAYING for stuff that should be in the base makes me sad. :(

You don't have to pay for them... wink wink LOLOL
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hip_Rose wrote:
    chider1234 wrote:
    Kirby

You don't have to pay for them... wink wink LOLOL

Hahaha :lol::lol::lol:
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited August 2014
    jacqui72 wrote:

Pools have been in the base game since Sims 1.
  • Options
    katelynnmcdanielkatelynnmcdaniel Posts: 304 Member
    edited August 2014
    I wish they would delay it, Im a family oriented player I love playing generation to generation with the sims 4 I cant really play that style anymore it goes from object babies to kids sure they could release an expansion pack but why do I need to buy an expansion pack for something that should have been in the original game, so I can spend like 30-40 bucks just to suit my gaming style.. Expansion packs shouldn't be fillers for things that were supposed to be in the game they should be content thats extra.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    jacqui72 wrote:
    no delay some of us are happy with it so why should we wait because most of you are not happy . they can always add on the other stuff

I don't know, maybe they can, but what makes you think they will? Do you know how many years people waited to get a diving board back in the game? Shouldn't a pool come with a diving board?

Or how long they waited for a hot tub in TS3. When hot tubs were in TS2 base, and I'm pretty sure in TS1's base, been a long time.

Let's say people get the game and go to an I&F section to ask/beg for their toddlers back and their pools back etc. Do you know how they will be treated (again) by others saying, enough with the pool/toddler threads! We want new EPs ideas!

See it's really not fair, the disappointed people won't win, either way. Better to be in the base than never, or be told to get off the forums and stop the requesting for them even in EPs. So many fussed about people who wanted OFB, they demanded they stop requesting it, because it was burying their ideas for new EPs. And they will do the same on the new forum if anyone dare request a pool or a toddler again.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    edited August 2014
    samuliini wrote:
    This thread must be locked.

Care to explain why? A true fan's willing to wait for a product. Look at Duke Nukem fans, look at Enya's fans. A true fan will wait anything out. A delay would be nice.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Hip_RoseHip_Rose Posts: 273 Member
    edited August 2014
    samuliini wrote:
    This thread must be locked.

Care to explain why? A true fan's willing to wait for a product. Look at Duke Nukem fans, look at Enya's fans. A true fan will wait anything out. A delay would be nice.

WHOA WHOA! I don't know anyone that was a Duke Nukem fan that was happy with it! LOOOL
  • Options
    AmbaAestheticAmbaAesthetic Posts: 955 Member
    edited August 2014
    Nope I've paid and waited long enough. Why should people who are fed up of complainers have to wait even longer.

There are things in the game I don't like but there always will be and there will always be people complaining. Don't like it, Don't buy it.
    Back after a 5year break away.
    I mainly build. I don't use CC just 'moveobjects'.
    Was mainly known on the good old sims 3 forums.