Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Delay It`Till 2015!

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited August 2014

I don't see how anyone isn't upset with losing the toddler age group. SimGuruGrahm even announced that toddlers were going to be in the game. They never announced they would have pools. I dont mind if pools come later with full playability. I do mind having my baby Sims magically turn into children. If toddlers aren't included in the release then they should be patched for free as soon as they fix the problem that forced then to remove the age group from the game.
    There is no problem that forced them to remove toddlers. The problem is that there just wasn't enough time since they are rushing the game.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited August 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    I understand the rationale for wanting a delay, but IMO the core game setup is so flawed that it would need to be totally gutted and started over to be what is should be. A year isn't enough to do that. That's basically what they had before, and this mess is the result.

I say get the whole thing over as quickly as possible and bring on TS5.

A million percent this. The sooner they start on a REAL sequel the better. I know plenty of people are excited for Sims 4 and that's okay, but I think it's going to bomb- and probably deserves too.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited August 2014
    JohnBlack wrote:
    At this point just do it...honestly I don't think anyone here would be bummed out if they would announced delayment for the game given all the facts that we know now. In fact I think there would be a lot cheers than boos. That way they can perfect the game in worthy to call it a sequel.

I know its too late in the game but what is EA going to lose if someone with a brain cell that wasn't destroyed by all the bad stuff they've been smoking apparently and just announce it. Its not like they would lose money in promotion because there has been none as of yet.

Make the gamers happy :D should be their number one priority.

What would be the point? No seriously what would be the point? At this point they're not going to put anything back in the game that they announced that they were going to leave out. Even if they delay the game we're not going to get pools or toddlers. The only argument I can see for delaying the game, is if there's something that they haven't decided to cut yet, that will have to be cut for lack of time. The only thing I can think of that that might be is the ghosts. ( They weren't in the game at the creatures camp, but as far as I know the gurus haven't confirmed that they won't be in the game come release. ) However, as much as I would like ghosts to be in the game, EA probably wouldn't have to delay the game until 2015 to get them in there. Probably only a couple extra months at most, however, its EA's decision to make.

Also please do not insult people who don't agree with you. That's rude. People who would rather have the game now, instead of wait another six months aren't stupid, they just have a different opinion.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hip_Rose wrote:
    WHOA WHOA! I don't know anyone that was a Duke Nukem fan that was happy with it! LOOOL

I'm sad you have so little acquaintances.
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited August 2014
    samuliini wrote:
    This thread must be locked.
    [/quote]

There's no reason it should be locked.
  • Options
    rk800rk800 Posts: 541 Member
    edited August 2014
    JohnBlack wrote:
    At this point just do it...honestly I don't think anyone here would be bummed out if they would announced delayment for the game given all the facts that we know now. In fact I think there would be a lot cheers than boos. That way they can perfect the game in worthy to call it a sequel.

I know its too late in the game but what is EA going to lose if someone with a brain cell that wasn't destroyed by all the bad stuff they've been smoking apparently and just announce it. Its not like they would lose money in promotion because there has been none as of yet.

Make the gamers happy :D should be their number one priority.
    I so agree. I vehemently waited 6 years for GTA V (which sucked), I can wait for The Sims 4.
    2cr3bs9.png
  • Options
    rk800rk800 Posts: 541 Member
    edited August 2014
    A BIG NO for the delay

This game is not a sims game... They just need to release it in some other names instead of Sims 4

I suggest them to release it as

The Weird Sims

Yes just like when Simcity Societies was released.

I would say release this game, give those who are happy with it tons and tons of DLC. Milk on them, get their money, empty their wallets. and at the same time develop THE REAL Sims 4 game from scratch

Delaying this will not be a solution. This game lacks all the basics of a sim game
    I agree with the name change. This is not by any means The Sims 4. They should rebrand it and start from scratch on the real Sims 4.
    2cr3bs9.png
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    edited August 2014
    rk800 wrote:
    A BIG NO for the delay

This game is not a sims game... They just need to release it in some other names instead of Sims 4

I suggest them to release it as

The Weird Sims

Yes just like when Simcity Societies was released.

I would say release this game, give those who are happy with it tons and tons of DLC. Milk on them, get their money, empty their wallets. and at the same time develop THE REAL Sims 4 game from scratch

Delaying this will not be a solution. This game lacks all the basics of a sim game
    I agree with the name change. This is not by any means The Sims 4. They should rebrand it and start from scratch on the real Sims 4.

I agree. Maybe they shout rename it The Sims Gut Job!
  • Options
    Z189ackZ189ack Posts: 269 Member
    edited August 2014
    It's less than a month before release. They likely already started shipping copies. Delays are impossible and even then they could care less about people on the forums. A delay would be nice but I've run out of patience and it's just not possible