Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Delay It`Till 2015!

At this point just do it...honestly I don't think anyone here would be bummed out if they would announced delayment for the game given all the facts that we know now. In fact I think there would be a lot cheers than boos. That way they can perfect the game in worthy to call it a sequel.

I know its too late in the game but what is EA going to lose if someone with a brain cell that wasn't destroyed by all the bad stuff they've been smoking apparently and just announce it. Its not like they would lose money in promotion because there has been none as of yet.

Make the gamers happy :D should be their number one priority.

Comments

• Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    JohnBlack wrote:
    I know its too late in the game
    It ain't too late? Sims 3 was delayed 17 days before release and after its own Creator's Camp.

Knowing EA, it might be September 6th before they announce a delay :)
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    edited August 2014
    JohnBlack wrote:
    At this point just do it...honestly I don't think anyone here would be bummed out if they would announced delayment for the game given all the facts that we know now. In fact I think there would be a lot cheers than boos. That way they can perfect the game in worthy to call it a sequel.

I know its too late in the game but what is EA going to lose if someone with a brain cell that wasn't destroyed by all the bad stuff they've been smoking apparently and just announce it. Its not like they would lose money in promotion because there has been none as of yet.

Good luck with this thread. You may have opened a can of worms :lol::lol::lol:

I do wish they would delay it. That would be a second delay...
  • Options
    SimsesWithJakeSimsesWithJake Posts: 441 Member
    edited August 2014
    Or they can just release it as The Sims: 2014, a remodeled version of the original The Sims. *shrugs* That can't be too hard, can it? Just change the logo, and bing-bang-boom.

But I'm ignorant of how stuff works, so...
  • Options
    sddormesddorme Posts: 269 Member
    edited August 2014
    Oh wow...this thread hasn't been made already.
    _sidebar7.gif
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    sddorme wrote:
    It hasn't? Because I swear I have seen it a couple of times?!?!? :)
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    Meg1_B2Meg1_B2 Posts: 519 Member
    edited August 2014
    sddorme wrote:

Nice touch of sarcasm. :wink:

I agree with the OP though. I've heard waaay too many things I'd like, but is not in the game. Why not wait until it is "perfected" and fans are satisfied? For the first time I'm happy PC gets the trail run, I can wait until Mac release to see if it is worth it.

I'm pretty sure we'll get toddlers and swimwear in one of the many cookie cutter expansion packs they've been making since 1.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2014
    JohnBlack wrote:

I would be bummed out and not happy if they delay this especially after seeing the creator camp videos and pictures.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    From Simguru Hydra Today. If the game was getting delayed they wouldn't be updating this forum this weekend.

Hey Simmers –

The Sims 4 launch is REALLY close, like September 2 close– and we are pleased to confirm that we are upgrading the forums in preparation.

With the upgrade comes some downtime. We want to minimize the downtime as much as possible but we do ask that you have patience as we get this moving.

We will begin the upgrade this FRIDAY (August 8, 2014), at around 09:00am PDT.

What this means is that the forums will be read only (you will not be able to post or start new threads) for several days starting from that time.

We will keep everyone updated via Twitter and Facebook when the forums come back up.

We also want to let you know that with the upgrade, one piece of your profile will not be activated. You will need to choose or create a new avatar. Everything else will remain the same.

Thanks for your patience everyone. Looking forward to seeing what you think about the upgraded forums once they are live
  • Options
    Dumdum10Dumdum10 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited August 2014
    If they delay it I will cut a b***h, they can add things later in patches :evil:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I agree patches and eps. I'm tired of waiting for this game. It's bad enough Batman Arkham Knight got delayed till sometimes in 2015. I couldn't take another delay.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited August 2014
    Well, I'm already delaying my purchase of Sims 4 until December 2015 at the earliest, and most likely well into 2016. I don't care what EA does, I'm content to wait until the features I want are in the game and available at a reasonable price.
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't think they need to delay it. I think they need to just start again from scratch. Then maybe call it "Sims 4: The REAL One"
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    They need to get it out because they already have 2 games delayed. EA needs to make some holiday cash.

Besides that it needs releasing so they can get to work on Expansion Pack 1 and have it out by Spring of 2015.
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited August 2014
    No delays please. <3 I will snatch up a copy for each of the canceled ones if it would mean it'd change their mind to no delay. :(
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    edited August 2014
    jaxie086 wrote:
    I don't think they need to delay it. I think they need to just start again from scratch. Then maybe call it "Sims 4: The REAL One"

haha yes! :D
  • Options
    Meg1_B2Meg1_B2 Posts: 519 Member
    edited August 2014
    TreyNutz wrote:
    Well, I'm already delaying my purchase of Sims 4 until December 2015 at the earliest, and most likely well into 2016. I don't care what EA does, I'm content to wait until the features I want are in the game and available at a reasonable price.

I'm forced to wait because of this whole "PC ONLY" nonsense. When that happened with TS2 Mac users had to wait A YEAR later for EACH expansion pack virtually. I have no clue why I'm buying this game, nostalgia I guess. I stopped playing TS3 well over a year ago, I played TS1 and TS2 until I downloaded the newest game onto my computer.
  • Options
    SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited August 2014
    jaxie086 wrote:

You hit the nail right on the head.
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited August 2014
    Yes please. Or better yet re-name this game (call it Olympus why not) and start the real Sims 4 from scratch.
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    edited August 2014
    They need to get it out because they already have 2 games delayed. EA needs to make some holiday cash.

Besides that it needs releasing so they can get to work on Expansion Pack 1 and have it out by Spring of 2015.

If they don't delay it they are going to be making way less cash then they would with a delay. There are many simmers who have decided to either not get it at all or wait until it is in the bargain bin. Not to mention they are losing pre orders and the total pre orders are way less then past sims base games.

• Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited August 2014
    As much as people may want it delayed its not going to happen . EA simply wont delay Sims even if Maxis begged them to. EA wants to squeeze the udders of that cash cow as soon as they can thats just the reality of it
  • Options
    aware210aware210 Posts: 151 Member
    edited August 2014
    I would really like them to not delay this game. I want it tomorrow. As it is the waiting is driving me nuts. I tried to play the sims they and it was just meh..
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited August 2014
    I do hope they delay it. But can they add stages/fix stuff without having to start over?
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    edited August 2014
    Not everybody wants delay - including me...especially till 2015... :lol: what a joke

The game looks amazing and a lot of people like it (if to read other forums and websites reviews). Believe it or not but we don't want a delay. It's 25 days till release and let's accept it

We will begin the upgrade this FRIDAY (August 8, 2014), at around 09:00am PDT.

What this means is that the forums will be read only (you will not be able to post or start new threads) for several days starting from that time.

I'm glad that the forum will be readable only - if it only staid like that forever... :lol:
  • Options
    samuliinisamuliini Posts: 55 Member
    edited August 2014
    This thread must be locked.
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    edited August 2014
    Not everybody wants delay - including me...especially till 2015... :lol: what a joke

You do realize 2015 is only a few months after the game is to be released. It's not that long off. :)
    samuliini wrote:
    This thread must be locked.

Why? There is nothing wrong with wanting a delay. Just because you might not. There are many simmers that do.