Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Same-sex couples

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited July 2014
    Beautiful pictures, moo11x! Thank you for sharing them with us :)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited July 2014
    ANSKUJAU wrote:
    I think this will end in a flame war . as for the topic it really wouldn't matter one way or the other to me .
    Why would it end in a flame war? Love is love, I think it's really stupid to fight about something like this. I don't think anyone would like cancel their preorder if there happened to be gays in the game.

Actually, EA did have a problem with homophobia some time ago. Just not with sims.

People are so silly. I'll never understand why people get so outraged when they see the same-sex relationships. Makes no sense to me. And when people bring religion into it, I just can't help but roll my eyes. There are so many contradictions in the Bible it's crazy. Not trying to get political, just my opinion.

Anyway, I never use premades, but I think it would be nice if the game came with some same-sex couple premades. It's only fair.
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited July 2014
    @BlackPlumbob
    @GreenCats

I'm glad you liked them :D I was just so happy, I had to share~ :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Anthono wrote:
    Also, its still widely forbidden throughout the Middle East,Africa and Asia..

The Middle East is still extremely sexist. Most women can't drive, get an education, or do anything besides take care of the kids. Gay men and women are stoned to death, as well as women who have had abortions. It's generally a very oppressive, sexist, homophobic, and radical place. Plus, Middle East isn't a continent. It's in Asia.

Africa lacks education in the majority of its countries. Without being educated on homosexuality, how do you expect people to know/understand it? Also Africa still has slavery, human trafficking of child laborers, and has a big racial gap along with racism. Homosexuals can face up to life in prison, as well as the death penalty by law. In some countries only female same-sex sexual activity is allowed while male same-sex sexual activity is forbidden by law, and punishable by death.

Asia also has slavery as well as child sex trafficking. Some families will sell their young daughter(s), just for some money to grow more crops. Child sex rings are prominent, and North Korea kidnaps Japanese women, men, and children and holds them hostage as slaves.

These regions you talked about are places where it is still very backwards. Of course there are some countries in each region that are more progressive socially (ie. Japan, South Korea, South Africa, Mayotte, Israel). Granted, some of these places don't allow same-sex marriage, but the places I listed do protect the rights of gays, in terms of discrimination and things of that sort. The majority of these regions are very old fashioned.

Europe is a perfect example of a very progressive continent. Nearly all countries have either legalized same-sex marriage, or are pending same-sex marriage. Of course there's countries like Poland, Romania, Armenia, Ukraine, Italy, and Greece, where same-sex marriage is either illegal or unrecognized, but things will change soon enough.

You have to remember that yes, those regions you listed are majorly against same-sex marriage, but so are 1st world, educated countries. An example would be the United States. Our country is becoming a lot more accepting, but if you go down to the South, there is very little support for same-sex marriage. It's up to each state to make decisions regarding same-sex marriage, and I don't see the views of the southern states changing anytime soon. Texas, I can see changing, but places like Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, and Arkansas...not anytime soon. I mean Alabama didn't legalize interracial marriage until 2000! America is still very backwards as well.

Long story short, every continent has their own issues. Sooner or later there will be equality. Until then, people just have to be patient. :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    My aunty was straight, married for 35 years and had 2 kids, she still says she was straight all those years and never looked at women as romantic partners. She is now in a relationship with a woman and all she knows is she fell in love with this woman, she genuinely doesn't know how it happened but it did. Explain this as she obviously wasn't "born that way". She has a good family so has no reason to have lived a lie and is adamant she was straight before she met her current girlfriend..

Your aunt could be pansexual. It's similar to bisexual except you fall in love with a person for who they are on the inside, regardless of the gender. Hope I'm explaining it correctly. :wink:
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited July 2014
    moo11x wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    moo11x wrote:
    I hope they can have a nice variety of pre-mades.

Irritated me no end with TS3: ITF... Don't see why SS couples couldn't randomise a child in the hospital, it was supposedly the future... They couldn't use it anyway because they were Aliens...

However I would like that feature brought back as SS couple friendly~
    Your same sex couples should be able to have children from the hospital in ITF, it's definitely possible.

YAY! I'm really happy~ I worked!!! :mrgreen:

Happyness.png

Gosh, I would've just never tried again because I gave up but thank you sooo much for letting me know!!! :thumbup:
    No problem, I'm glad you got it working. I'm planning to use the option myself for two Sims in my legacy family. They had their wedding the last time I played, I'll probably send them to the future next time.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited July 2014
    pguida wrote:
    I still remember the gross comments you posted on the thread about the render featuring the Asian guy wearing short shorts. They even got you banned.
    Ok I will be the bigger person here. I'm 9 years younger than you and pretty naïve for my age anyway.

I'm sorry for making the comment about you (you know which one). I didn't mean it, and it was one of the most disgusting things a person could say. I did it out of retaliation for what you were saying about me (although it doesn't make it right) but you continued saying it about me yesterday. I know you are only going by what that blog says but as someone who had that accusation at them themselves (by that troll) you should know how hurtful it is. What the blog is talking about is when I had a crush on another member (who was older than me for the record) and I acted really stupidly. Now everytime I troll or talk to a male user on here they suggest it is because I have a crush on them. I've tried asking them to take down the blog post yet they don't. But I'm not the only one they accuse of this, in their eyes everyone is a "🐸🐸🐸🐸."

So again I'm sorry for saying what I said to you. I don't wish it upon you.

And also I'm sorry for saying "gay clothes" cause homophobia.

Thank you.

Except for the part you feel you need to mention my age every time you post.

Word to the wise, since we are being cordial, the whole "I'm younger and yet more mature because you are this old" argument sounds naïve.

One of the signs of maturity is knowing it's made up of several factors and the more you know the more you see you still have to learn. I don't think anyone is fully mature. People all ages do all sorts of things.

I chose to treat you baldly every time I did. The same way I'm choosing to treat you nicely right now. I treat others as I'm treated. Still, you crossed some lines you shouldn't have. I'm glad you see that now.

So, yes, sometimes I don't bother to be nice and kind when I don't see it being mutual. Being younger it meant a lot what others thought of me. I know better know and it only matter to me what certain people think of me. Certainly not strangers in a forum. Not giving a woo-hoo doesn't make me immature. Jaded, perhaps.

Given what had being said, I chose to err on the side of caution. Those were serious. I have thought about the new arguments you present. Your side of the story, if you will. I will choose to believe now that what you say is true.
  • Options
    Aotearoa13Aotearoa13 Posts: 309 Member
    edited July 2014
    I know what heteronormative means and don't need it defined. It is often used as a term of abuse even though it is, or ought to be, merely descriptive.

I reject the word because it is often used abusively. Or at least as some kind of put-down. Which is pretty hypocritical, if you think about it.
  • Options
    JulyRaines7JulyRaines7 Posts: 130 Member
    edited July 2014
    Anthono wrote:
    ANSKUJAU wrote:
    I know you obviously can create same sex couples and marry someone who's the same sex and so on which to me is pretty great, but I'd really enjoy if there was a gay or lesbian couple already in the game. There was a lesbian couple in Roaring Heights and also a gay couple in Aurora Skies (though they were marked as best friends in game which kind of sucks), but there wasn't any in the expansion packs or the base game, and I hope Sims 4 will make a change here. It's freaking 2014.

I'd really like this, it'd be a lot more than just like having some Pride week render, and I think I'm now speaking for the whole LBGT community.
    What do you think?
    Strange, I thought we had same sex couples before...
    And Russia which btw has rated the game for adults only because they see it as promoting homosexuality, which is against the law. The game going any further that it already has I would guess would read as loss of revenue to EA.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Anthono wrote:
    ANSKUJAU wrote:
    I know you obviously can create same sex couples and marry someone who's the same sex and so on which to me is pretty great, but I'd really enjoy if there was a gay or lesbian couple already in the game. There was a lesbian couple in Roaring Heights and also a gay couple in Aurora Skies (though they were marked as best friends in game which kind of sucks), but there wasn't any in the expansion packs or the base game, and I hope Sims 4 will make a change here. It's freaking 2014.

I'd really like this, it'd be a lot more than just like having some Pride week render, and I think I'm now speaking for the whole LBGT community.
    What do you think?
    And Russia which btw has rated the game for adults only because they see it as promoting homosexuality, which is against the law. The game going any further that it already has I would guess would read as loss of revenue to EA.

Russia is in Asia...well 75% of it :wink:
  • Options
    JulyRaines7JulyRaines7 Posts: 130 Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    Anthono wrote:
    ANSKUJAU wrote:

What do you think?

Russia is in Asia...well 75% of it :wink:
    Hahaha!! Being too bright has never been a problem for me! :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Aotearoa13 wrote:
    I know what heteronormative means and don't need it defined. It is often used as a term of abuse even though it is, or ought to be, merely descriptive.

I reject the word because it is often used abusively. Or at least as some kind of put-down. Which is pretty hypocritical, if you think about it.

The only unfair uses of the word I've seen have been misuses of it, which is why I defined the term. I'm sure you know what it means, but assume that the people you are criticizing (the people using it in an unfair and discriminatory way) don't. It has certainly never been a neutral term, and shouldn't be. It was invented by ***** theory in the early '90s as a way of criticizing attitudes that are hostile to LGBTQ concerns.

I think it's quite right for us to be critical of the view that 'heterosexuality is the only sexual orientation or only norm', which (as you know) is the definition of heteronormativity. I have a problem with others being critical of the (totally loving, healthy, consensual) ways people form relationships; I do not have a problem with others (or with myself) being critical of a point of view that discriminates against those people.

Unlike heteronormativity, being in a same-sex relationship or being attracted to members of the same sex are not a points of view and do not discriminate against anyone. This means that homophobia and anti-heteronormativity are not comparable. It is a false equivalent, and consequently I don't think it's at all hypocritical to defend LGBTQ rights at the same time as speaking out against heteronormativity (which, as you know, is not the same thing as speaking out against people who identify as heterosexual).
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's always kind of bugged me that you never see Townie Sims engaging in romantic interactions... which is why you'd have no idea if they are gay, straight or anything else. You see them argue and flirt but that's it. Boring. I want to see the supposed town ladies man out canoodling with various ladies... ladies spotting him and causing a scene. I want to see the newly married couple smooching in a corner in the club or holding hands walking down the street. The charges that TS3 Sims are too "wooden" are well deserved. So hopefully that will be something that TS4 ACTUALLY improves. And if they would do that...and then leave OUT same-sex couples or relationships... THAT would be troubling to me. But yes, there SHOULD be same-sex couples in the game who are at least "romantic interests" or even married. It's time EA. Catch up.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Those are great points, AmaraRena. I would like to see more townie activity in future games too. My TS3 lots are filled with townies interacting with one another, but their interactions don't necessarily reflect who they are or what relationships they're in. If TS4 were to improve this aspect of the game, the inclusion of same-sex couples would become even more important than it already is.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have not seen townies (if for townies you mean NPCs) making romantic interactions, but among my "bunch of singles" households, I have learnt that if the number of members of one gender is above the other the game itself tends to make same sex couples of that gender, it happens in my games all the time, I have plenty of SS families I have gotten from these autonomous behaviour of the game. IDK if this has happened only to me.
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've seen townies doing romantic interactions in S3.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    same sex or/and hetero?
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've actually seen both. Recently saw a lesbian couple.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    That´s good, so we have it, I hope it will not be taken away
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    edited July 2014
    My inactive sims flirt with one another all the time...often with the partners of their close friends or family members, and sometimes right in front of their own partners! And not just flirting - full on making out with one another in the park - and I don't even have SP turned on right now!

I've noticed they tend to stick to romantic interactions with sims of whatever gender their own partner is.

I would love to see more of the 'story' type scenarios AmaraRena was talking about though , rather than just random flirting.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited July 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    It's always kind of bugged me that you never see Townie Sims engaging in romantic interactions... which is why you'd have no idea if they are gay, straight or anything else. You see them argue and flirt but that's it. Boring. I want to see the supposed town ladies man out canoodling with various ladies... ladies spotting him and causing a scene. I want to see the newly married couple smooching in a corner in the club or holding hands walking down the street. The charges that TS3 Sims are too "wooden" are well deserved. So hopefully that will be something that TS4 ACTUALLY improves. And if they would do that...and then leave OUT same-sex couples or relationships... THAT would be troubling to me. But yes, there SHOULD be same-sex couples in the game who are at least "romantic interests" or even married. It's time EA. Catch up.

TS4 townies basically wait for death.