Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Same-sex couples

I know you obviously can create same sex couples and marry someone who's the same sex and so on which to me is pretty great, but I'd really enjoy if there was a gay or lesbian couple already in the game. There was a lesbian couple in Roaring Heights and also a gay couple in Aurora Skies (though they were marked as best friends in game which kind of sucks), but there wasn't any in the expansion packs or the base game, and I hope Sims 4 will make a change here. It's freaking 2014.

I'd really like this, it'd be a lot more than just like having some Pride week render, and I think I'm now speaking for the whole LBGT community.
What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    runciblespoonerunciblespoone Posts: 4
    edited July 2014
    Yeah i am a little late but YES that is what would make it LIKE REAL LIFE!
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think this will end in a flame war . as for the topic it really wouldn't matter one way or the other to me .
  • Options
    GameLover16GameLover16 Posts: 361 Member
    edited July 2014
    Uh...no.

I'm part of the LGBT community (and loved that Pride render very much), but while a pre-made homosexual couple would be nice, it 's not a big deal to me. I very rarely play with pre-made families, so it's most likely I wouldn't even notice or ever know about it unless I found it on Sims Wikia one day.
  • Options
    ANSKUJAUANSKUJAU Posts: 41 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I think this will end in a flame war . as for the topic it really wouldn't matter one way or the other to me .
    Why would it end in a flame war? Love is love, I think it's really stupid to fight about something like this. I don't think anyone would like cancel their preorder if there happened to be gays in the game.
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yes please :)

But prepare for this thread to be moved to I&F like the previous one.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'd really like it. I'd just like a lot more diversity in my games, sims 4 seem like a great opportunity to introduce that. I mean yeah, I can and do create my own same-sex couples, but I'd like it if I didn't have to.
  • Options
    mw1234mw1234 Posts: 5,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    I would absolutely find no issues with EA/Maxis putting any type of relationships within the game. Our real world is changing and catching up on the times where love is love, color is color, and anyone is allowed to be whoever they want to be.

This would only improve on the game; if someone didn't necessarily like the idea of same sex couples then the delete tool can absolutely be used.
  • Options
    GameLover16GameLover16 Posts: 361 Member
    edited July 2014
    ANSKUJAU wrote:
    Why would it end in a flame war? Love is love, I think it's really stupid to fight about something like this. I don't think anyone would like cancel their preorder if there happened to be gays in the game.

Actually, EA did have a problem with homophobia some time ago. Just not with sims.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited July 2014
    ANSKUJAU wrote:

Oh it could, there's still a lot of homophobic people out there and sadly they will start fights over it.
  • Options
    ANSKUJAUANSKUJAU Posts: 41 New Member
    edited July 2014
    ANSKUJAU wrote:

Actually, EA did have a problem with homophobia some time ago. Just not with sims.
    Hadn't read about that. Interesting.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited July 2014
    ANSKUJAU wrote:

Because one on this topic ended that way not very long ago . As for people canceling pre orders you would be surprised how reactionary people can be .
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yes, please! Everyone (well, at least as many as possible) should feel/be included in the game. :)
    I would love some bisexual/pansexual pre-mades too (sims are pretty much pansexual from the beginning though). They could have have a current girlfriend but an ex-boyfriend, for example. Perhaps they could also add a sim who's asexual?

This shouldn't be a problem in this day and age... :?
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    MadMan5126MadMan5126 Posts: 366 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I hope there is,

but I really hope they adopt children so their family line can keep going on if that makes sense. I love keeping up on family trees in TS3 :)
  • Options
    wooters2014wooters2014 Posts: 186 Member
    edited July 2014
    Because some people don't agree with it or have religious beliefs that forbid it, therefore it shouldn't be forced upon people. The option is there for those who want it. How would you feel if EA forced religion on you? (buy the way i am a straight atheist before someone says anything, i am just seeing it from both sides!)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ^^False equivalent.

Here's a better one: How would you feel if all the premade couples were same-sex?

I still fail to understand how having same-sex couples would be any more like forcing anything in anyone's face than having opposite-sex couples would be.

(Edit: Got Ninja's by BlackPumbob. That was meant to be a response to the poster above him.)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    AnthonoAnthono Posts: 904 New Member
    edited July 2014
    ANSKUJAU wrote:
    I know you obviously can create same sex couples and marry someone who's the same sex and so on which to me is pretty great, but I'd really enjoy if there was a gay or lesbian couple already in the game. There was a lesbian couple in Roaring Heights and also a gay couple in Aurora Skies (though they were marked as best friends in game which kind of sucks), but there wasn't any in the expansion packs or the base game, and I hope Sims 4 will make a change here. It's freaking 2014.

I'd really like this, it'd be a lot more than just like having some Pride week render, and I think I'm now speaking for the whole LBGT community.
    What do you think?
    Strange, I thought we had same sex couples before...
    Also, its still widely forbidden throughout the Middle East,Africa and Asia..
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    Got Ninja's by BlackPumbob.
    Sorry. ninja.gif

Not your fault! I was just slow typing :)
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yes, please! Everyone (well, at least as many as possible) should feel/be included in the game. :)
    I would love some bisexual/pansexual pre-mades too (sims are pretty much pansexual from the beginning though). They could have have a current girlfriend but an ex-boyfriend, for example. Perhaps they could also add a sim who's asexual?

This shouldn't be a problem in this day and age... :?

That would be cool. I would also like an option to make trans* people in-game. If the hospital plastic surgery option returns, they could just add in the ability to change gender there, too.
  • Options
    utterlyunzippedutterlyunzipped Posts: 503 New Member
    edited July 2014
    The base game and EP's should come with LGBT couples.

But more importantly there should be a slider in CAS to allow us to determine the sexuality of our Sims. They have stated that like prvious games they all come Gender preference neutral and we will have to make them flirt etc. with a specific gender to make them HLGBT!!!

They are reinforcing the negative stereotype that sexuality is purely a leant behaviour and not a born with genetic preference.

This is unacceptable in 2014!! It also strongly suggests that the creators of the game are homophobic.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm still waiting for the flames to start.

*crickets*

Maybe, just maybe, folks have decided that it's not worth it, seeing as how you can already have same sex relations in the game *if you choose* to. All my Sims are straight, but if there's a same sex couple in the game already pre-made, it's no big whoop to me. I only play single female Sims anyway.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!