Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A really serious question (only for people buying the game)

Comments

• Options
    sims_lover_9721sims_lover_9721 Posts: 13
    edited July 2014
    Though I'm a tad disappointed that EA has taken out a bit of the things I loved about Sims 3,the color wheel and toddlers, I'm definitely buying Sims 4.The CAS is what does it for me. The smooth flow of it and how unique every sim can now be had me convinced to buy this game from day one. The game itself looks good, even though we've only seen hints of it, and the emotions offer lots of possibility for gameplay, at least from what I've read. I'll be pre-ordering the collectors edition, mostly for the book,but if I find that I can't enjoy the game because too much is missing, I'll either sell it back to EB games or wait and see if future expansion might fix the issues I have. I hoping I'll have as much fun playing Sims 4 as I did in Sims 3, but until September 2, we'll just have to live with the bits of information given to us.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited July 2014
    Essentially I am willing to bet that this will be very much like ts3 in many ways. Not that I'm a big fan of that particular Sims game, but the team never fails at doing many things right.

But that said, I have the money to blow, which is exactly what I think I'll be doing. Mostly, I'm curious and many simmers here are not buying but would like to. So I'm acting as a guinea pig for them and my family.

If I have to buy toddlers in an expansion, I'm going to be oh so ticked off. I just don't trust this company as far as I can throw them.

I was super excited about the game. That is until they took back all the conformations, and pulled many things that are traditional for base games. IDK, I just have so little hope for this game. But I'm willing to try it out, at least the base and decide from there what I'll do, if anything, in the future.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just like collecting and sims 4 is something. I was too young to start collecting sims 3 and now I have the money to purchase the game I want to start. I don't want to judge sims 4 so early if a pack comes with toddlers at least they'll go more in depth with toddlers.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited July 2014
    I had two requirements for TS4. No required on line game play and smarter Sims. Other than that I had a completely open mind and looked at it as a new game.

Smarter Sims were very important to me.....otherwise we would have had a different version of TS3 with nice homes, beautiful worlds and utterly stupid Sims.

Yesterday I was reading the tweets of one of the Gurus about what what going on in his game play...some of the new interactions sounded great and sometimes hilarious.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    Because it feels like TS2 only better ((From the way they advertise it)). The more I played TS2 the worse I disliked TS3. The only way I'd not buy it is if it went back to completely how TS3 is.

Also no pools or toddlers don't bother me because I know they'll probably put them in an EXP pack and make them better this time around much like they made the Sims and World better ((In my opinion)).

I'm still uh skeptical it will be better than TS2 but I KNOW it will be better than TS3 so there's no way I can't be excited about moving on.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited July 2014
    Im buying it for CAS.

I also just can't abandoned a series i have followed since i was for 15 years, ive grown up playing the sims. I was 8 when i got TS1. I cant, not without trying the game.
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited July 2014
    Halle_M wrote:
    My breaking point would be no mac version :D

There is no Mac version. There are also no plans to make one at this time.

yeah everyone knew that already. its always been that way. pc comes first and mac comes MUCH later :hunf:

Personally its just a new game and im open to anything. thats about it. i think the sims 2 for ps2 was pretty crappy (options wise) but i still own it and play it.
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    edited July 2014
    I can not base my opinion on what others say. I have to find out myself. Most people are so disappointing with the new simcity, but I love it. I am not sure if Sims 4 will be amazing or terrible. But I am giving it a chance because I love the sims. The sims has been my favorite game since I was 7. Why do people watch remakes of movies when they think the remake might suck? Why do people try a new type of food? Because we want to try it.
    tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited July 2014
    Alorapop wrote:
    I can not base my opinion on what others say. I have to find out myself. Most people are so disappointing with the new simcity, but I love it. I am not sure if Sims 4 will be amazing or terrible. But I am giving it a chance because I love the sims. The sims has been my favorite game since I was 7. Why do people watch remakes of movies when they think the remake might suck? Why do people try a new type of food? Because we want to try it.

YAAAAAS!
  • Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited July 2014
    Having played this series for over 14 years, I am always curious when a new version comes out. Sure it is disappointing that some things are not going to be there, but I have hope that what is there is enough to keep my interest and be fun. I like what I have seen so far and can't wait to give it a try. The sims look lively and vibrant, the neighborhoods are gorgeous, the whole thing looks great.

That being said, I will be getting the premium edition and wholeheartedly be giving the game a chance. As Doris Day used to sing, "Que sera, sera! Whatever will be, will be!" I have no breaking point that will change my mind on it.
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    al456al456 Posts: 306 Member
    edited July 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:
    I'm really curious about this since I saw this kind of hinted at on another thread. But anyway,I kinda just want to talk to you all nicely and hope that we can have a good knowledgeable conversation about this.

My question is, with everything that has been said about the game and everything that's not in the game and even the things that are, what is your reasoning behind buying Sims 4? I know a lot of people are upset about "X" removed content that's not in the game, I'm included, but what's drawing you guys to the game and what if any would you consider to be your breaking point or would make reconsider buying the game if they took it away.
    I'm excited for all the new features and better creative tools! I don't need the same crap as the sims 3, the sims is different and makes up for the things lost. I'm still excited and ready for a new (non laggy) game, unlike the sims 3 which was a hunk of junk from the start. I'd rather the team wait to impliment things like todlers and do it right and not have a huge mess at launch.
    ~ SimManiac383 on the Gallery
    ~ https://twitter.com/Simmaniac383 < Twitter
    onm6UoE.jpg

~SimManiac
  • Options
    al456al456 Posts: 306 Member
    edited July 2014
    Faith12368 wrote:
    Having played this series for over 14 years, I am always curious when a new version comes out. Sure it is disappointing that some things are not going to be there, but I have hope that what is there is enough to keep my interest and be fun. I like what I have seen so far and can't wait to give it a try. The sims look lively and vibrant, the neighborhoods are gorgeous, the whole thing looks great.

That being said, I will be getting the premium edition and wholeheartedly be giving the game a chance. As Doris Day used to sing, "Que sera, sera! Whatever will be, will be!" I have no breaking point that will change my mind on it.
    Agreed! The sims an neighborhood are beautiful!
    ~ SimManiac383 on the Gallery
    ~ https://twitter.com/Simmaniac383 < Twitter
    onm6UoE.jpg

~SimManiac
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am buying it - in fact used a Amazon gift card so mine is all paid for - but I loved the look of no more pudding faces and the ease to make the sims appear the way we want them to without any outside 3rd party CC or tool.

The lot building totally blows me away as we have never had the ability to make a roof in as many shapes as we can imagine and even color each one a different color if we so desires. Tons of décor and not just ordinary décor but thing that are versatile - like things can be hung on the wall, or the same item can be put on a table or mantle without the use of cheats (like moo that creates problems). Windows can be moved and placed however we want them on a wall - so it tells me curtains will also have the option - and I have always wanted the ability to have curtain fit the windows better. Sims 3 curtains - most fit horrid.

I love how quick you can go from empty lot to a complete building ready to move into. In sims 3 it took me literally 5-6 hours to even come close to that, and then the roof was always a big pain.

Round fences - love that.

Love the blue print in Sims 4 - looks much better developed than Sims 3 version seeing it is in the base game and part of the build mode structure. Best is not having catalogs clogged with several of each item - you get just one and an instant click you have a choice of colors and textures. I liked we have separate decal to add to t-shirt too.

One feature in CAS I have wanted forever was all the parts separate like hats, scarves etc - and now we'll have it. Separate jewelry for male and female and way more in the base game than I even have with all eps, sps, and the entire store - plus you can put rings, bracelets, etc on either arm/hand.

These are just some of the features I have wanted forever and they are in Sims 4.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SimInterruptedSimInterrupted Posts: 52
    edited July 2014
    I'm buying TS4 because as far as I know the core gameplay is still intact. You can still create a sim, get them jobs, a house, friends, develop skills...etc. I'm tired of TS3 and I want a change of pace.

I'm a very casual simmer so I don't care about the franchise as much as the people boycotting it. EA could drop it completely and I would just move on to another game. I think all this crying over a computer game is pretty funny. :lol:

The only dealbreakers for me would be an always online requirement and taking away the adult life stage. That's pretty much it.
  • Options
    AgathaUdimoAgathaUdimo Posts: 208 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm mostly buying it because it's a new game and look at the updates for the sims 3.

They were consistent, and big. The sims 3 was buggy to the end, and that was/is put down to the open world and create a style, neither of which will be in game anymore. Yay!

What's more it's a totally new game, I want to see what's in it, and what will be added at later dates. Will the toddlers [I'm assuming will be added later] they add have more interaction, be able to play together and with children?

Will children be able to get 'puppy' crushes? Teenagers be able to run away again like in the sims 2?

The possibilities are endless and like with any new game you won't know what's in it till you try it.
    I am not so silently judging you.
    ASD - I think differently to you.
  • Options
    suelorchasuelorcha Posts: 318 New Member
    edited July 2014
    When the Sims 4 was announced my main wishes/wants were for a glitch free game and fun gameplay.
    We don't know if it will be, but then, we don't know that it won't be until we play it.

Sims 3 was just a mess for me, with so many bugs left unresolved. I needed mods just to get it to work, not to mention the gameplay that didn't suit me, but there were things I did like about it...and happily those things have made it into Sims 4, like choosing aspirations and careers that branch out.

I love the look of cas and the neighbourhoods, better memory system, a semi closed/open world, aging options. SP is gone, thank heavens!

It feels like a lot of what I liked in The Sims, 2 and 3 are being combined and I have to like that.

Still, I'm feeling cautious and my expectations are not as high as they were before 2 and 3 were released but I really want to try it.
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm really curious about this since I saw this kind of hinted at on another thread. But anyway,I kinda just want to talk to you all nicely and hope that we can have a good knowledgeable conversation about this.

My question is, with everything that has been said about the game and everything that's not in the game and even the things that are, what is your reasoning behind buying Sims 4? I know a lot of people are upset about "X" removed content that's not in the game, I'm included, but what's drawing you guys to the game and what if any would you consider to be your breaking point or would make reconsider buying the game if they took it away.

I'm not sure what your reasoning is in asking why someone wants to buy the game. Unless you're genuinely curious, and not trying to convince people to change their minds so that EA decides to delay the game. Sorry, I've just seen a lot of threads where people are upset with those who want to buy the game. Your post seems really nice though, so you probably mean no harm. :D But my answer is this: I am truly disappointed in the lack of toddlers, most of all. Semi closed world and lack of CASt don't bother me as much as they did in the beginning. But toddlers...big one.

But, I'm still curious about the game. I still want to try it for myself. I don't care if anyone here has a problem with that. I want to explore the world, despite the semi closed element. I want to make a Sim and have them work their way up in the world, from humble beginnings to the rich life. I did that a lot in Sims 3 and it was really fun. I want to see what new quirks were added to the game. I want to see what the babies are like. I want to use CAS to create my family. I want to try out the new building tools, despite the removal of my favorite lot size, 64 x 64. I want to see what I can do with the lot sizes we are given. So that's my answer. :)

If EA does decide to delay the game, that's fine as long as I don't have to wait another year. I've been excited for this game for a while now. And while the excitement has dimmed with the news of things they've taken out...I'm still buying.

Edit: My only deal breaker at this point would be the announcement of No Expansions for Sims 4. I hope we get a Pets expansion, and a Seasons expansion. They were my favorite EP's from Sims 3.
  • Options
    PassionfruittartePassionfruittarte Posts: 131 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm buying because it's Sims 4!

I'm ready for the new game! I'm sick of the long loading screen on my Sims 3. They already pulled the co-op feature which I was excited about, but I'm still excited about it!

I'm ready to re-create myself in Sims 4!
    I'm ready if I can re-create my dream house!
    I can't wait to make celebrity look-alikes in CAS.
    I can't wait to see everyone's creations!
    I want to see all the concept art that was shown and finally seeing them in the game.
    I can't wait to make handsome Sims so I can drool over them and have eye-candy!
    I love making contemporary homes! (I don't really want to share them but I'd rather tour people but Co-op is not possible.)
    I can't wait to see the emotions and interactions they have been talking about so much. (Hopefully reaches my expectations!)
    Can't wait to build my dream kitchen.
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    Can't wait to build my dream kitchen.

Your post reminded me, I forgot all about the new rounded countertops!! :D They look amazing. And I saw a picture of a stove built into a countertop...not sure if it was real or not, but I've wanted one of those in game for years now!
  • Options
    wooters2014wooters2014 Posts: 186 Member
    edited July 2014
    For me it's all about the sims themselves and it looks to me they have put a lot of time and effort into them this time, all the bells and whistles can come at a later date as far as i am concerned
  • Options
    rat_lady1984rat_lady1984 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I've played the sims on and off for several years. I loved the sims 2 and had every expansion and stuff pack. However when I started having less and less free time to play it I sold them all. I got back into Simming at the start of this year and brought the sims 3. I found it really dissapointing, even with the addition of some of the expansion packs. I've even considered buying the sims 2 again!

I really like the look of the sims 4 and the new build mode and CAS. It seems to me to be more in the style if the sims 2 which for me is a really good thing. I'm disappointed that there is no toddlers but overall I'm still excited about it.
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited July 2014
    Honestly, once I learned it was no longer going to be an online game I was sold.

In life I'm not really an optimist but I guess I am about this game. It's a different game. It will look and run differently. It SHOULD be different. I saw this with TS2 into TS3. If you have all the EPs you have so many ways to play and then you go to only a base game and it feels empty. People don't seem to want to acknowledge that when EPs come out things will improve.

There are things I will miss. I spent hours customizing sims and I'll miss CASt. But previously, I always used the same face on sims because I wasn't good at making attractive Sims and when I found one I liked, I used them forever. New tools in CAS will enable me to make Sims much more easily than with sliders. That's just one example of a trade off I'm willing to make. See what I mean?
  • Options
    Lostie23Lostie23 Posts: 63 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm the same way. I'm sad that we won't have toddlers at first, but we're getting so many more improvements.

I'm glad we're losing the open world of Sims 3. Even with a top-end computer (I'm still in debt from buying it for the Sims 3), I can't run the game at its full potential. Also, I think community lots will be way more livelier and full without the open world.

Longer days!!! This has to be one of my favorites. I felt like I never genuinely had time to enjoy anything in Sims 3 because the days went by so fast.

Much better looking sims. They all look so much better now. Even the children. They were so ugly in Sims 3 lol

Those are the things I'm most excited about.
  • Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited July 2014
    What made me want to buy the new game is the new CAS and Build Mode. I also like that clubs and mixology is in the base game.
  • Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited July 2014
    Once I placed my preorder, I considered that money spent. It's not my money anymore; it's EA's. If I don't like the product they deliver in exchange, well, that's my problem.

I can easily spend $70 on a date and not mind too much if it doesn't work out. If I end up not liking Sims 4, well, it'll just be like one of those dates. Perhaps a waste of money in a "big picture" sense, but a chance that was worth taking.