Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A really serious question (only for people buying the game)

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    azul662azul662 Posts: 222 Member
    edited July 2014
    I haven't pre-ordered just yet - not because of the like or dislike of the game - it's because I haven't decided if I want to digitally download it from Origin, or buy the hard copy (disc) like I have normally done in the past Sims games - but I'm leaning towards the DL because I can get it quicker, instead of waiting for snail mail to deliver my game.

I was never a "toddler" player in Sims 3, I always threw them a b-day party right away with the cake just to make them kids. Potty training them, and teaching them how to walk, (to me, my opinion) was a waste of my adult sim's valuable time in that he/she could do other things to improve their skills.

The pool - well, I'm gonna miss that feature in the base game, but I'm really hoping (and I'm sure they will) have pools in a EP or SP eventually, or however the new system will work.

What I'm really excited about is that now my sims can go to a gym, a bar, or a park and meet other sims without being the only sim in public places like in Sims 3. The thought of playing with their emotions, or their reactions to other sim's emotions will be fun

I think the Sim developing team are doing a fantastic job, and that's my opinion, I'm sure some of you think differently, and that's find, that's your opinion. They've put a lot of hard work in making this new generation of sims a better working sim without having routing issues like there was in Sims 3.

So I'm definately buying the game, but at this moment can't decide to get DL or Disc - but leaning towards DL from Origin.
  • Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited July 2014
    I posted this earlier in the week on a different thread, but that was probably buried so...

CAS looks unbelievable, I've always wanted a Sims game where you just grab and pull to your heart's content to make Sims that look unique from each other and have relatively realistic body shapes, so no everyone looks the same anymore. The lack of toddlers and CASt make me wary but I'm sure Toddlers will be put in a patch later on down the line and they will presumably release a mod tool so you could edit your own clothes/hair/skin colors. Also it looks like there will be more CAS assets this time around than any other base-game. And the filter as well as green skin tones also make me happy, not to mention the fact that there are seven CAS walk styles so your Sims have that much more of a personality to them and don't walk around the same way.

I love that your Sims can learn more than five traits as the game goes on. It's a way of making your Sim more experienced and adding more to their personality based on their experiences.

Build Mode also looks easy, I love that you can save rooms to use later so when an EP comes out with a Hotel or Resort theme, you can just make one hotel room your way then BOOM, copy and paste it and you have a 5-star hotel in less than an hour. I also love that you can pick up entire buildings and move them so if that house you just made is one square off, just grab it and plop it down right this time.

Haven't seen much of live mode to judge it, but if loading screens means more Sims on a single lot then so be it! I'm kinda tired of seeing empty rooms where people should be partying. The new dances look cool!

I haven't even mentioned violins, voodoo dolls, cowplants, monkey bars, pirate ship play sets, rockets, cupcake makers, stand up comedy, the bars, pianos, all this stuff that were in EPs before now being released in base game seems to make it look far less boring than before.

There are a bunch of other misc things as well, like how Sims seem to animate smoothly, how they can multitask, light being transferred from floors and across lots rather than that lighting issue we had in TS3, etc.

So yeah, I'm excited to see what this game will be when it comes out, and what it could be when all the EPs are done with.
  • Options
    Zppy972Zppy972 Posts: 568 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm buying the sims 4 because I like the way it looks.

I love the vivd colors.
    I love having packed community lots.
    I love new cas because its seems easier when creating detailed for creating sims.
    Objects in the game look amazing.
    No rabitt holes is cool.
    Easier building mode. Im not the best so this is great for me. :wink:

I was little upset over content removal but I know it some of will be added later on so I can live with that. For there is enough stuff to keep busy for a while.