Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A really serious question (only for people buying the game)

I'm really curious about this since I saw this kind of hinted at on another thread. But anyway,I kinda just want to talk to you all nicely and hope that we can have a good knowledgeable conversation about this.

My question is, with everything that has been said about the game and everything that's not in the game and even the things that are, what is your reasoning behind buying Sims 4? I know a lot of people are upset about "X" removed content that's not in the game, I'm included, but what's drawing you guys to the game and what if any would you consider to be your breaking point or would make reconsider buying the game if they took it away.
275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif

Comments

• Options
    Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited July 2014
    The style, the sims, the neighborhood and CAS.

Edit: oh and the only thing that would turn me off is if the Sims were reminiscent to the Sims in TS3.
  • Options
    lilyboblilybob Posts: 940 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm buying The Sims 4 because I don't think I can adequately judge the game until I actually play it. The fact that they've given no information about gameplay makes me curious enough to want to find out for myself. Even with the ridiculous cuts of things that were always in the series, there's still a slight possibility that the game is actually enjoyable.
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited July 2014
    lilybob wrote:
    I'm buying The Sims 4 because I don't think I can adequately judge the game until I actually play it. The fact that they've given no information about gameplay makes me curious enough to want to find out for myself. Even with the ridiculous cuts of things that were always in the series, there's still a slight possibility that the game is actually enjoyable.

So if they were to release a live gameplay video would that have the power to potentially steer you one way or another?
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited July 2014
    Even though I'm not planning to buy it right away any more, I can tell you what bums me out about that decision.

I love a new shiny game. I love discovering the differences between new versions and old versions. I love that "Toto, we're not in Kansas." feeling I get with a new game. I love the process of building up from a new game to a complete game with expansion packs.
  • Options
    Azarinop2Azarinop2 Posts: 776 Member
    edited July 2014
    I love the cartoony look, the goths and everything we've seen so far. If the gameplay is poor I will simply give back GAME my S4 Collector's edition and spend the money elsewhere :D I suggest not buying it from Origin, they won't re-fund you.
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
  • Options
    lilyboblilybob Posts: 940 Member
    edited July 2014
    So if they were to release a live gameplay video would that have the power to potentially steer you one way or another?

Ehh.. it depends. All i want is to see an unedited, unscripted look at what the real game will be like. If it totally sucks then I would probably change my mind.
  • Options
    medivialprincessmedivialprincess Posts: 774 Member
    edited July 2014
    Its my first time seeing a game change over so I'm looking on the side lines and will try it out. I'm use to change as a Doctor Who fan and a life time sailor moon fan ( their rebooting the series they changed the transformation part ugh) so with those experiences I've learned you don't know till its come. My breaking point would be no mac version :D I only have a mac computer bout to go to college and I hate pc's after using a mac for years they seem to slow and I'm not computer person so mac is simple. Sims 3 is also boring to me right now. feels like nothing in my game excites me. I have sims 2 and that gave me interesting game play. But I have them on two different laptops 3 on my main one. 4 seems to give that goofy gameplay I want with the modern look sims 2 doesn't give.
    tumblr_m4hniaS8fX1r3l7cvo1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Even though I'm not planning to buy it right away any more, I can tell you what bums me out about that decision.

I love a new shiny game. I love discovering the differences between new versions and old versions. I love that "Toto, we're not in Kansas." feeling I get with a new game. I love the process of building up from a new game to a complete game with expansion packs.

I kind of feel this way too. Although I'm way too disappointed now to think about purchasing the game it could definitely change once it's actually out. With everything that's been changed or removed at this point though I kind of just want to really wait and see what the masses who do get the game think before getting it. It's also kinda why I asked this question.
  • Options
    marie25marie25 Posts: 488 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I know a lot of people are upset of what ea has taken out of the game. I can live without pools I never really used them anyway. Gonna have to get used to the loading screens again but can live with them. toddlers is the only thing so far I can't figure out why they took out. I'm going to miss the color wheel. The story progression I have that turned off on my game I like playing that way but that's just me. At the moment I plan on buying but I have not put my pre-order on it yet. When it's released if I still like the sound of it I will buy it or not. I'm sorry for the people that Don't like what they took out and not getting it for that reason.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Its my first time seeing a game change over so I'm looking on the side lines and will try it out. I'm use to change as a Doctor Who fan and a life time sailor moon fan ( their rebooting the series they changed the transformation part ugh) so with those experiences I've learned you don't know till its come. My breaking point would be no mac version :D I only have a mac computer bout to go to college and I hate pc's after using a mac for years they seem to slow and I'm not computer person so mac is simple. Sims 3 is also boring to me right now. feels like nothing in my game excites me. I have sims 2 and that gave me interesting game play. But I have them on two different laptops 3 on my main one. 4 seems to give that goofy gameplay I want with the modern look sims 2 doesn't give.

I'm sorry to get side tracked but OH MY GAWSH!!!! I've loved sailor moon since I was 6!!! I used to want to be her when I was a child. lol :P It was literally the most amazing thing ever! I can't wait for the reboot!
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited July 2014
    My breaking point would be no mac version :D

There is no Mac version. There are also no plans to make one at this time.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Halle_M wrote:

I know. They are not focusing on one currently and all that. I mean if they never make one ever. Like they announce we are never making a mac version of sims 4 cya. That would be my breaking point with EA.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited July 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:
    I'm really curious about this since I saw this kind of hinted at on another thread. But anyway,I kinda just want to talk to you all nicely and hope that we can have a good knowledgeable conversation about this.

My question is, with everything that has been said about the game and everything that's not in the game and even the things that are, what is your reasoning behind buying Sims 4? I know a lot of people are upset about "X" removed content that's not in the game, I'm included, but what's drawing you guys to the game and what if any would you consider to be your breaking point or would make reconsider buying the game if they took it away.

I'm buying the game because Sims 3 isn't fun for me and I feel the Sims 2 is just too outdated. I want a modern sims game that is as fun and engaging as the Sims 2 was for me, but with new features as well. The emotions really are a lot more detailed than many people around here are expecting. They're much more than moods, and are going to add a lot to gameplay. Inspiration tends to come from the more intense, even unpleasant aspects of life, so I never really liked it that sims games have always been about keeping your sim's mood up so they can accomplish things. Now we can really play with life, and that's a big thing for me.

I also love the new art style and the graphics effects are awesome! The CAS is beyond amazing, and will finally enable me to make a self sim with my body shape 8)

The only thing that would make me not buy the game is too much forced autonomous stuff. If they made it that you could only control one sim,, then I wouldn't buy it! Likewise, if all the sims were trampish and so forth, I would not buy it.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hello, I appreciate your courtesy!

I am buying the game for several reasons and I will list them for you:

NEW CAS (I can make ethnically diverse Sims I myself am of mixed heritage, this matters to me)
    NEW Build Mode
    Two tracks in culinary skill (home style food and gourmet food)
    The new world system will allow for vibrant active lots (i always have a ghost town and I have a more than capable PC)
    The revamped gardening skill (now including flowers)
    The vastly improved genetics
    Smarter Sims
    Better Routing
    I want to see what new things will be in the game and I won't know until I play it.

There's enough for me to be curious and give it a try. I'm not focused on what's there I'm focused on what IS there.

I have to play it before i decide I don't like it or that I love it.
  • Options
    loosmaloosma Posts: 372 Member
    edited July 2014

SAILOR MOON FAN HERE TOO \O/ !!! WOOOO!! LOL and we have the same avatar xD
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Halle_M wrote:

I know. They are not focusing on one currently and all that. I mean if they never make one ever. Like they announce we are never making a mac version of sims 4 cya. That would be my breaking point with EA.

Well I hope they don't do that. For your sake and everyone else with a mac too. I don't have a mac but they deserve love too. :-)
  • Options
    ImnotamooseImnotamoose Posts: 212 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm buying it for the tactile and intuitiveness of it.

Nope, because of the new gameplay (I assume), new CAS, new build/buy, and more.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:

I'm sorry to get side tracked but OH MY GAWSH!!!! I've loved sailor moon since I was 6!!! I used to want to be her when I was a child. lol :P It was literally the most amazing thing ever! I can't wait for the reboot!

This saturday! or whenever July 5th is for you :mrgreen: I got to be dragged to a country concert that day so will have to watch it later. But saw the trasnformation clip and they over did it on CG and the music is different, but that was my favorite scenes that i remember the most so eh I'll be fussy no mater what.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited July 2014
    Kail16 wrote:
    Hello, I appreciate your courtesy!

I am buying the game for several reasons and I will list them for you:

NEW CAS (I can make ethnically diverse Sims I myself am of mixed heritage, this matters to me)
    NEW Build Mode
    Two tracks in culinary skill (home style food and gourmet food)
    The new world system will allow for vibrant active lots (i always have a ghost town and I have a more than capable PC)
    The revamped gardening skill (now including flowers)
    The vastly improved genetics
    Smarter Sims
    Better Routing
    I want to see what new things will be in the game and I won't know until I play it.

There's enough for me to be curious and give it a try. I'm not focused on what's there I'm focused on what IS there.

I have to play it before i decide I don't like it or that I love it.

This ^^ and the idea that sims are more fluid and less robotic. The difference in the looks of the sims (forget the hair) and the multi-tasking! I've been waiting for this for a loooong time. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've never been enthousiastic for this game from the first moment I laid eyes on it. For al long time I felt rather alone in this (everybody seemed to love the cartoonic features of the sims and 'quirkiness' being back and the graphics were awesome what-was-I-talking-about), but I just didn't.

Than 'May the 4th be with you' picture came and it made me so happy! Nice graphics, great looking sims, right now I really wonder if that was only render quality but after that picture by faith in the game started growing again.

And then all the letdowns came.

There's a part in me that can't accept that they are deliberately destroying this game that has been a hit for so many years. If I buy it (and I probably will) it will be because I hope they put so much other great stuff in it that it compensates things and will be great fun in spite of the losses.

But there's buying the game and buying the game. If the basegame turns out to be a desillusion that's it for Sims 4 (like it once was for Sims 1, I quit playing that too). If I love it I probably will buy everything that is added, like I did with Sims 3.

So to answer your question: faith, curiosity and hope I guess :lol:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:
    Halle_M wrote:

Well I hope they don't do that. For your sake and everyone else with a mac too. I don't have a mac but they deserve love too. :-)

I hope so too :D . They tend to leave us hanging. Like the pets issue with horses freezing everything to the point you could never look at a horse or if your sim going to work saw one while you were looking at your house froze the game. The only way at the time was to update the operating system. Well I tried it with what was suggested..it kinda broke my laptop dad fixed it but we had already bought my new one which I use now. And sims 2 the final expansions free time and apartment life plus several stuff packs were never made for mac a all.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:

This saturday! or whenever July 5th is for you :mrgreen: I got to be dragged to a country concert that day so will have to watch it later. But saw the trasnformation clip and they over did it on CG and the music is different, but that was my favorite scenes that i remember the most so eh I'll be fussy no mater what.

July 5th is Saturday for me too. I'm soooo excited I can hardly wait! I think I've always hoped they would bring her back someday. She's literally like the mascot for my childhood. My parents would have to record it on the VCR if I ever was going to miss an episode on tv.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    loosma wrote:

SAILOR MOON FAN HERE TOO \O/ !!! WOOOO!! LOL and we have the same avatar xD

Lol I think this thread will now attract sailor scouts :mrgreen: been reading the manga lately. Yeah I can never make a sim nice enough or figure out the avatar system thingy. I did try having a sailor moon siggy once but none I liked fit.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thanks everyone for responding I really appreciate it and keep them coming. I do really like to get the input of all you guys.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:
    SadieD123 wrote:

July 5th is Saturday for me too. I'm soooo excited I can hardly wait! I think I've always hoped they would bring her back someday. She's literally like the mascot for my childhood. My parents would have to record it on the VCR if I ever was going to miss an episode on tv.
    Sadly I only got 3 VHS tapes I got from a movie rental store all they had, a DVD of a final battle that until I started reading the manga yesterday never saw the start of for 10+ years, and a movie on VHS I got at a thrift store. I had the dolls well some lol.I never got Jupitar, Tuxedo mask ,or any outer planets. and now all expect Sailor and Chibi moon are missing expect mercury's head and all the uniforms. I boxed up what was left to keep safe lol. I'm thinking about for christmas or if siam 4 doesn't have a mac version coming out or out near my birthday sep 27 I'll ask for the full set off amazon. Its nearly $300 but has all seasons in japanese and english including seasons never release in the US and 3 movies.