Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A really serious question (only for people buying the game)

Comments

• Options
    simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    edited July 2014
    My reasoning is the same reason I fell in love with the sims. When TS1 came out you were able to create a sim, then live out his or her life on the lot. Since TS1 you've been able to do a lot more and still can even with TS4. Exploring has always been my favorite aspects in TS4 as that's what I spend time doing the most. I don't live in CAS and I'm not that much of a fan of building. I just enjoy interacting with my sim and having him/her interact with others. Yes, a lot of things have been taken out but it doesn't mean some of it won't make a comeback.

I understand that I will have to pay for it but the game isn't and never was free to begin with. With that being said, I enjoy a fresh new base game. After a few years (in my opinion) sims games get boring and repetitive so I'm excited (just like I have been for previous new series)to play something new and fresh. Once this game gets old I'll be looking forwards to TS5 should that ever come to be.
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited July 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:
    SadieD123 wrote:
    Its my first time seeing a game change over so I'm looking on the side lines and will try it out. I'm use to change as a Doctor Who fan and a life time sailor moon fan ( their rebooting the series they changed the transformation part ugh) so with those experiences I've learned you don't know till its come. My breaking point would be no mac version :D I only have a mac computer bout to go to college and I hate pc's after using a mac for years they seem to slow and I'm not computer person so mac is simple. Sims 3 is also boring to me right now. feels like nothing in my game excites me. I have sims 2 and that gave me interesting game play. But I have them on two different laptops 3 on my main one. 4 seems to give that goofy gameplay I want with the modern look sims 2 doesn't give.

I'm sorry to get side tracked but OH MY GAWSH!!!! I've loved sailor moon since I was 6!!! I used to want to be her when I was a child. lol :P It was literally the most amazing thing ever! I can't wait for the reboot!

This saturday! or whenever July 5th is for you :mrgreen: I got to be dragged to a country concert that day so will have to watch it later. But saw the trasnformation clip and they over did it on CG and the music is different, but that was my favorite scenes that i remember the most so eh I'll be fussy no mater what.

July 5th is Saturday for me too. I'm soooo excited I can hardly wait! I think I've always hoped they would bring her back someday. She's literally like the mascot for my childhood. My parents would have to record it on the VCR if I ever was going to miss an episode on tv.
    Sadly I only got 3 VHS tapes I got from a movie rental store all they had, a DVD of a final battle that until I started reading the manga yesterday never saw the start of for 10+ years, and a movie on VHS I got at a thrift store. I had the dolls well some lol.I never got Jupitar, Tuxedo mask ,or any outer planets. and now all expect Sailor and Chibi moon are missing expect mercury's head and all the uniforms. I boxed up what was left to keep safe lol. I'm thinking about for christmas or if siam 4 doesn't have a mac version coming out or out near my birthday sep 27 I'll ask for the full set off amazon. Its nearly $300 but has all seasons in japanese and english including seasons never release in the US and 3 movies.

lol. I hated that i had to watch the like last 2 seasons on YouTube because they weren't in English. After that I read the Mangas and was Oh my gawsh I missed so much! I wouldn't mind purchasing that full set though. I did quite enjoy the Japanese version. And seeing that I'm studying a japanese it might help me with my conversation skills.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    medivialprincessmedivialprincess Posts: 774 Member
    edited July 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:
    SadieD123 wrote:
    SadieD123 wrote:
    Its my first time seeing a game change over so I'm looking on the side lines and will try it out. I'm use to change as a Doctor Who fan and a life time sailor moon fan ( their rebooting the series they changed the transformation part ugh) so with those experiences I've learned you don't know till its come. My breaking point would be no mac version :D I only have a mac computer bout to go to college and I hate pc's after using a mac for years they seem to slow and I'm not computer person so mac is simple. Sims 3 is also boring to me right now. feels like nothing in my game excites me. I have sims 2 and that gave me interesting game play. But I have them on two different laptops 3 on my main one. 4 seems to give that goofy gameplay I want with the modern look sims 2 doesn't give.

I'm sorry to get side tracked but OH MY GAWSH!!!! I've loved sailor moon since I was 6!!! I used to want to be her when I was a child. lol :P It was literally the most amazing thing ever! I can't wait for the reboot!

This saturday! or whenever July 5th is for you :mrgreen: I got to be dragged to a country concert that day so will have to watch it later. But saw the trasnformation clip and they over did it on CG and the music is different, but that was my favorite scenes that i remember the most so eh I'll be fussy no mater what.

July 5th is Saturday for me too. I'm soooo excited I can hardly wait! I think I've always hoped they would bring her back someday. She's literally like the mascot for my childhood. My parents would have to record it on the VCR if I ever was going to miss an episode on tv.
    Sadly I only got 3 VHS tapes I got from a movie rental store all they had, a DVD of a final battle that until I started reading the manga yesterday never saw the start of for 10+ years, and a movie on VHS I got at a thrift store. I had the dolls well some lol.I never got Jupitar, Tuxedo mask ,or any outer planets. and now all expect Sailor and Chibi moon are missing expect mercury's head and all the uniforms. I boxed up what was left to keep safe lol. I'm thinking about for christmas or if siam 4 doesn't have a mac version coming out or out near my birthday sep 27 I'll ask for the full set off amazon. Its nearly $300 but has all seasons in japanese and english including seasons never release in the US and 3 movies.

lol. I hated that i had to watch the like last 2 seasons on YouTube because they weren't in English. After that I read the Mangas and was Oh my gawsh I missed so much! I wouldn't mind purchasing that full set though. I did quite enjoy the Japanese version. And seeing that I'm studying a japanese it might help me with my conversation skills.

honestly never finished the anime. It is a vague memory on the shows expect for the ones I have or watched later. expect one I remember a portion of one that has haunted me for years. I know why they didm;t release it in the US but maybe that will have changed this time.
    tumblr_m4hniaS8fX1r3l7cvo1_500.gif
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited July 2014
    The game looks really fun. I love everything they've shown us so far except the toddlers.
    I think the world looks AMAZING, beautiful and so vibrant. I just keep watching the videos, pausing/slowing the video down just so I can look at the background.
    I also love the semi open world or whatever you call it, the open world of sims3 just felt too big for me. And the sims themselves look great and a ton of fun. These are the things that matter most to me. I mean except the toddlers I am literally happy with everything else. Happy for my sake but ofcourse I mourn the things excluded for the sake of other simmers who will miss it.
    Bottom line is, I just have a feeling I will be able to create a lot of fun stories with this game. And this is why I'm excited.
    and a life time sailor moon fan ( their rebooting the series they changed the transformation part ugh)
    Omg thank god I read this! I am also a big sailor moon fan and after reading this I had to youtube it! So much looking forward to the reboot.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am buying the Sims 4 because for one, I love they way they look and I love the way they ack. I like the blond girl, when she looks like she is holding back a big giggle, I know she won't be in the game, but she represents how our sims will now act. It makes the sims I Sims 3 look dead.
    New CAS I love the new cas it will let me make better sims.
    New Build Mode, now I can make better houses and faster.
    I like that I can now make a neighborhood the theme I want, like a Artist community and Smarter Sims, better routing, I even like that the lots are only up to 50x50, I love small worlds, so I will love playing in a neighborhood.
    I am very excited to put my sim in Willow Creek and see what they do.
    I have loved the sims from the beginning, I love Sims 3, and I just know that I will love the Sims 4 also.
    There are many more things also I like. nursing babies, pregnant mothers now can use same clothes. multitasking, and the music instruments, painting, collecting, writing, all the things my sims love to do, and going out your door to the public area, and there will be sims there, not dead like some worlds. It is vibrating.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited July 2014
    you know I maybe hitting my reaching point considering grocery stores apparently have been confirmed to not be in the game...really?! so how doe's one sims go to shop for some grub? *sigh...I mean they are literally giving a whole new meaning to a base game...which I'm starting to realize that it's almost pretty much nothing :?
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    NancyNancy Posts: 380 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm buying the game because yesterday I played the sims 3, I have the sims university. So anyways my sim orders a brownie, they put the brownie on the table. Another sims stands too close to the table, so my sim spends ages standing there waving her arms over her head because she can't move around the sim to eat the brownie and all the time she is complaining of hunger. In the meantime another sim sits on the table and eats my sims brownie.

This is one of the many routing problems of the sims 3. Then half an hour later my game crashed to desktop with the message 'the sims 3 has stopped working'

Also I was a bit upset that story progression has been removed, but then in the past year, with story progression turned on, none of my sims have got married / had babies. Also, sims do become bf / gf, but usually it's a young adult with an old male, so I break them up anyways.

I think the only time story progression worked was when I first bought the sims 3, and sims would randomly have babies / adopt kids, even though they weren't in a relationship. When they created a patch to stop that, not even married sims had babies :(

• Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited July 2014
    Before toddlers were excluded I actually was planning on pre-ordering in August. Now I will buy once toddlers are included again.

The reason why I was going to pre-order beforehand is because I like what EA has shown us. I like the new AI, trait system, and yes even the emotions. I like that the sims seem smarter. Also like new build tools and CAS not to mention the graphics. I like how cool the grim reaper looks and that babies have limbs again. The new version of open world intrigues me. I like the aging options, and being able to do rotational playing again. I like that just looking at these sims I can come up with stories which is how I play.

To be honest I rarely used CAST, and the open world went against a lot of my own game playing style. I did like parts of sims 3, it's not a terrible game, but I have gone back to playing sims 2. Sims 2 just caters more to my story making player style then sims 3.

As far as what others have said goes. They have a right to vent, complain, and do petitions. Just as those who are buying the game have the right to defend the game, and be happy about different features. It's okay that not everyone agrees.

It only gets irritating to me when both sides start calling names and when true trolls pop up to up the drama. It's just not funny to me to see people called sheep, idiots, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 nor to tell people to "shut up" or "leave the forum". I really see no need for it to get that far, but both sides have it's extremists. It was like this for sims 2, sims 3, plus every new expansion pack. I guess it's expected now.
  • Options
    IndyalwaysIndyalways Posts: 47 Member
    edited July 2014
    Why I preordered
    - I was bored with TS3
    - My dad agreed to get it for me for my birthday so price wasn't an issue for me
    - I enjoy the cartoony style of the sims
    - CAS is huge for me so I'm stoked to try out the new CAS (biggest reason)

Why I haven't cancelled
    - No CASt? Isn't a big deal to me
    - No pools? I didn't use them much anyway
    - No open world? Never tried playing in a closed world before so I guess I could give it a shot
    - No toddlers? EA was pushing it but I started getting bored with them in TS3
    - No story progression? ...I guess I gotta try the game before I make any quick decisions... but now I'm getting hesitant
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Indyalways wrote:
    Why I preordered
    - I was bored with TS3
    - My dad agreed to get it for me for my birthday so price wasn't an issue for me
    - I enjoy the cartoony style of the sims
    - CAS is huge for me so I'm stoked to try out the new CAS (biggest reason)

Why I haven't cancelled
    - No CASt? Isn't a big deal to me
    - No pools? I didn't use them much anyway
    - No open world? Never tried playing in a closed world before so I guess I could give it a shot
    - No toddlers? EA was pushing it but I started getting bored with them in TS3
    - No story progression? ...I guess I gotta try the game before I make any quick decisions... but now I'm getting hesitant

lol. I love your second one for why you pre-ordered.
  • Options
    IndyalwaysIndyalways Posts: 47 Member
    edited July 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:

Haha thanks. Great post by the way! Hopefully I gave you a better understanding of where I'm coming from
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Indyalways wrote:
    SadieD123 wrote:

Haha thanks. Great post by the way! Hopefully I gave you a better understanding of where I'm coming from

Yeah you have! And thank you all for responding to me. I did enjoy seeing into this issue more. and by all means keep letting me know. Just a thanks in advance for actually hearing me out!
  • Options
    Cookingpup99Cookingpup99 Posts: 443 Member
    edited July 2014
    CAS and the new personalties/emotions. Even though they haven't got toddlers/swimming pools I think the new features make-up for it. Closed World and No Story Progression is a bit of a bummer but someone is sure to make a mod or TS4 will be updated so it is included but for the mean time just have to be patient I guess :/ I have to admit that's made me a bit :( but I can cope. I'm just excited about the new emotions. I suppose even if there is a closed world and everything the new personalities will keep me entertained. The only times my sims actually go out is when they go to work and when they are getting married or something. With Late Night I go to the bars and stuff to try and meet people but with the seasons expansion pack I now just look for potential spouse on online dating. Closed world shouldn't make too big a difference except from the potential extra loading time to get to places. It just means we won't be able to walk/run to places. The no story-progression... I can't really think of anything that's going to make me feel happier about that one because it's a big feature that is useful, because when you move out an extra sibling you want to be able to find out whether she/he is married and if they have kids, it all kinda adds to the excitement. Plus, population is surely going to go down if the sims aren't having kids? I'm still excited but this has kinda annoyed me.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited July 2014
    I hardly ever used CAST, the open world was ok but got bored of it quickly, pools don't bother me too much.
    The only thing i will miss so far is toddlers but i'm confident at the moment they will be added later on.

I love rotational game play, CAS looks amazing, i'm glad sims can multitask, i love the sound of the emotions

The deal breaker for me is the game play footage, if it is not as fantastic as it sounds and the sims are dull and robotic like the sims 3 then i MAY reconsider purchasing it.

To me the sims 3 was a horrible mess so i went back to playing the sims 2, I see the sims 4 as an upgrade from the sims 2 so i'm hoping i enjoy it.
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited July 2014
    Kail16 wrote:
    Hello, I appreciate your courtesy!

I am buying the game for several reasons and I will list them for you:

NEW CAS (I can make ethnically diverse Sims I myself am of mixed heritage, this matters to me)
    NEW Build Mode
    Two tracks in culinary skill (home style food and gourmet food)
    The new world system will allow for vibrant active lots (i always have a ghost town and I have a more than capable PC)
    The revamped gardening skill (now including flowers)
    The vastly improved genetics
    Smarter Sims
    Better Routing
    I want to see what new things will be in the game and I won't know until I play it.

There's enough for me to be curious and give it a try. I'm not focused on what's there I'm focused on what IS there.

I have to play it before i decide I don't like it or that I love it.

I am buying for all these reasons as well, and I am super excited about gardening in TS4, as it sounds like they are listening to us fans who love to garden in our games. I'm also just excited about the new gameplay in general, because its something totally different. I can't understand why anyone would want to pay for the same game over and over again, this is one time that I actually didn't have buyers remorse with a sims game. TS4 seems like its going to be more challenging to play, and that its going to be far more involved because the emotions of sims are going to drive the game a lot more than in the past. I think people need to accept the changes that EA has made, as it can't hurt to play before forming an opinion. EA can always add back what they took out, but people need to give change a chance.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited July 2014
    New CAS, better build mode, yes i'm going to say it...Emotions and a whole bunch of little things (like power going out if they don't pay the bills).

Are there things that disappoint me? Yes but I think I can learn to live with it (and some stuff will be added at some point) and have fun anyway. It's a new game.

The only breaking point is if they went back to making it online like they originally planned....that would be a huge NO from me.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited July 2014
    I was SO optimistic for this game. I mean when things were being ripped from it left and right I still kept the hope alive that this game might be better than others expected. But lately I don't know what's going on for this game anymore. I guess I'm on the fence about wether or not to cancel my preorder.

The reason why I wanted this game was because it was a NEW game in terms and I just figured it would be a silver lining in the world of the sims due to TS3. So at this point I'm not on the fence but unless they start giving us EXTREMELY good news soon, I may just cancel.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Kail16 wrote:

There's enough for me to be curious and give it a try. I'm not focused on what's there I'm focused on what IS there.

same here
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    nekobear wrote:
    you know I maybe hitting my reaching point considering grocery stores apparently have been confirmed to not be in the game...really?! so how doe's one sims go to shop for some grub? *sigh...I mean they are literally giving a whole new meaning to a base game...which I'm starting to realize that it's almost pretty much nothing :?

Like the sims 3, the never ending fridge shop :wink:
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm buying the premium edition so I'll get new recipes and the bar and the disco lights and stuff so that'll be something exciting to play with! Plus a soundtrack to listen to when I'm not playing!

I like the look of what's in game so far with the weddings that people actually sit at and pay attention to and the monkey bars for the kids and the pirate ship that the people can play with their kids on. OBAMA GRILLING! LOL if you've seen the HONEST trailer you know what I'm talking about. Just a lot of new stuff coming that they didn't have to put in. YES I am totally bummed about toddlers and pools not being in but they'll come later I'm sure. Right now I want to explore the stuff that *is* there and have fun with it.
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

• Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited July 2014
    2011simone wrote:
    Kail16 wrote:

same here

Me too. I'm very much focusing on what IS in the game rather than what is not.

I know that when you take a thought like 'this won't deliver', a person's mind immediately starts to look for reasons why it indeed won't deliver in order to confirm the statement. On the other hand, if you consider the thought 'this WILL deliver', a person's mind then begins to look for reason why it WILL deliver.

So for me, looking at what the game WILL have as opposed to what it WON'T have allows my mind freedom to explore new possibilities and I do believe that Sims 4 will indeed be full of new possibilities. It's starting out brand new with huge potential for the future. And I like the sound of that.
  • Options
    pixiedust4267pixiedust4267 Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited July 2014
    I love the look of it. I'm excited about the new world looking like New Orleans. I'm anxious to play with the emotions.I love how they've added the new challenges of if you don't pay your bills you lose your electricity and your water. I like the newness of it. Something different.
    SQfkfxm6rt.gif
  • Options
    SimmySimmerSimmySimmer Posts: 263 Member
    edited July 2014
    The way we can create sims, the house building (downloading a room and just putting it in a house) is really appealing. But mostly, the ability to visit other worlds. In sims 3 I was really upset when I couldn't fit a new content lot into an existing neighborhood. Now If a new expansion pack is released my sims can still participate in it by visiting a new world. I also wonder if my sims can move to a new world and not just visit. But I will miss toddlers. Still not understand why they are not in the game, honestly toddlers are great for emotions. Can you imagine toddler tantrums in sims 4, of course if they existed.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2014
    Simming is my main hobby. You could call me an addict and that would be correct. Is there a twelve-step program for Simmers? But anyway, I'm not overly pleased with recent disclosures, but I know the bottom line is that I still want to experience this game for myself. I'll make a decision down the road whether to buy the expansion packs or not. But I'm at least gonna give it a chance.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited July 2014
    I will buy ts4 and I realy do not know what would stop me to play the game. I would say CAS, but they showed so much about IT, i do notbelieve they would leave that out