Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims can't propose engagment while sitting down confirmed

Comments

• Options
    howahkan319howahkan319 Posts: 213 Member
    edited June 2014
    nekobear wrote:
    Oh goodness today is my birthday as well and more </3 news on ts4 lol *closes eyes & breathes in & out* :lol:

Happy birthday!

Edit: forums via mobile is a pain.
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2014
    This isn't really a thing I mind. I prefer the kneeling but I know lots who wanted this :(

That's kind of old hat these days though, isn't it (for many, not all!). In fact, when I think about the growing number of people who live together first before marriage (certainly in my own experience of young people in my area) the chances of them sitting watching TV and saying, 'you wanna get married then?' with the reply 'Yeah, why not' isn't so far removed from reality! Lol
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2014
    This isn't really a thing I mind. I prefer the kneeling but I know lots who wanted this :(

I did want this so I am a little disappointed but I'm hopeful it will make it into a dating or seasons ep.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited June 2014
    nekobear wrote:
    Oh goodness today is my birthday as well and more </3 news on ts4 lol *closes eyes & breathes in & out* :lol:

Happy birthday!

Edit: forums via mobile is a pain.
    thank you!! :mrgreen::mrgreen: lol...yeah I tried it the forums on mobile once lol I know the feeling ha,ha
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited June 2014
    nekobear wrote:
    Cheers! Happy Birthday! :)
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sucom wrote:
    I like how they (attempt to) lather up the disappointment by giving us a vague "but there are tons of romantic interactions they can do sitting down"!

Sigh.

What on earth would make you sigh about a comment which is telling you there are 'tons' of romantic interactions they can do sitting down?

Isn't that good news? I can't ever think of a time when it has crossed my mind that my husband should have been sitting down when he proposed. I just felt darned grateful that he did!

I take it you didn't play TS2?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimsesWithJakeSimsesWithJake Posts: 441 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sucom wrote:
    I like how they (attempt to) lather up the disappointment by giving us a vague "but there are tons of romantic interactions they can do sitting down"!

Sigh.

What on earth would make you sigh about a comment which is telling you there are 'tons' of romantic interactions they can do sitting down?

Isn't that good news? I can't ever think of a time when it has crossed my mind that my husband should have been sitting down when he proposed. I just felt darned grateful that he did!

No, that's fine they have more romantic interactions sitting down.
    Wasn't sighing at that, just sighing at how this whole thing is going.

Maybe the sitting-down-interactions are cool!
    The massage in that one video look great! :thumbup:
  • Options
    nyancat23nyancat23 Posts: 60 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I wonder what the other interactions are...like "Feed each other" or "play footsie" or "whisper in ear". It doesn't have to have everything the Sims 2 had. But I didn't even know u could propose while sitting :D haha..I really didn't get into the Sims 2
  • Options
    Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    edited June 2014
    Tons of romantic interactions sitting down? They say there's tons of something every time they release a new world/object/whatever and it never turns out the way it seemed it would. Until I see some of this stuff with my own eyes, I don't believe it. You all seem so sure all this stuff will be added later. There's still stuff not in sims 3 that we thought was coming. I really think a lot of you will be disappointed in this game.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited June 2014
    nekobear wrote:
    Cheers! Happy Birthday! :)
    Thank you MissHoney118 cheers :mrgreen:
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited June 2014
    If this was 2005 (?) and they were showing us this game as the sims 2 instead of the sims 4 imagine how impressed we'd all be. Sorry EA, the sims 1.5 isn't going to cut it. Little details are always a nice touch and make the game feel complete, all these little things left out keep confirming how halfbutted this game really is.
  • Options
    ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I think you can during dinner... just not sitting down? which i think makes sense i mean who proposes while you are sitting on the sofa. I'm hoping that is what she meant.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    So far the interactions I've seen sitting on the sofa are:

Whispering in ear

Massage

Make a move

I hope to see tons more. I hope they have a lot of different kiss types on the sofa and they bring back the sofa makeout from TS2 and the one from TS3 as well.
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited June 2014
    Stdlr9 wrote:
    This game is starting to remind me of the old Stephen Wright joke:

I bought some batteries. But they weren't included, so I had to buy them again.

LOL.

That describes TS4 perfectly.

I am certain that everything that has not been confirmed is out of the game and that another 1/4 of everything that HAS been confirmed is also out of the game.

• Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2014
    Simguru Azure said they can only propose engagement while standing but went on to say there are tons and tons of romantic interactions while sitting.

Mysticalmaid ‏@SamWitts2 Jun 26
    @SimGuruAzure @PerrySimmer I don't suppose TS4 brings back the seated propose engagement from TS2 Nightlife? That was so adorable.
    Details Reply Retweet Favorite More
    User Actions
    Following

Azure Bowie-Hankins
    @SimGuruAzure
    @SamWitts2 @PerrySimmer Sims stand (and kneel I guess) during proposals but there are tons of romantic interactions they can do sitting down
    :? and kneel I guess??????? :? hahahhahahahahahaha she don't know? So really they might not even do that? :lol: oh my this game is getting worse everyday!
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited June 2014
    So far the interactions I've seen sitting on the sofa are:

Whispering in ear

Massage

Make a move

I hope to see tons more. I hope they have a lot of different kiss types on the sofa and they bring back the sofa makeout from TS2 and the one from TS3 as well.

I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. Also since things seems to be getting confirmed to be in the game and then taken out, don't be surprised when those actions on the sofa are no longer in the game when you buy it.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    Sucom wrote:

Sigh.

I take it you didn't play TS2?

I joined the Sims just after World Adventures came out so started out with Sims 3. However, after seeing people rave about Sims 2 I went out and bought as many of the packs as possible but found I didn't like it because it had no CASt! Oh yes, and no open world! So I definitely do have some concerns about Sims 4 but am trying to go with the flow and look for new ways to enjoy the game.
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sucom wrote:

Sigh.

Exactly

TS3 didn't hardly have any romantic socials sitting down just 3 really unless you count the bed I'm mainly talking the sofa.
    But i'm just done with their small chat like

Customer: is there pools in TS4?
    EA: No, but there's many EMOTIONS! there's many new objects now!
    Customer: is there toddlers in TS4?
    EA: No, but babies have LEGS!! and you can breastfeed them!!
    Customer: is there weather in TS4?
    EA: No, but their EMOTIONS will make them feel like cold, or heated!!

I'm always like: Shut up EA, stop dodging the question and promoting your game when i ask about something you clearly don't have.
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sims can't propose while sitting down but they can hide in pile of teenagers and become a child! Happy Simming :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited June 2014
    I ain't surprised at this point which makes me sad. TS4 was supposed to be the game I had been waiting for since TS3 completely disappointed me. Now I gotta wait another 5 years and hope they get things right. Ugh!
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    What's the point of a TS2 remake if you can't get TS2 right?

This is more of a TS1 remake if you ask me. :?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2014
    So? They only did that in sims 2. This is not Sims 2.

I suppose that will be the new "MISSING" BS next.

My own husband did not propose sitting down either - and it's been 30 years since we married 32 since he proposed, and I have been fine with it. In fact I can't think of anyone whose spouse proposed over dinner that was not in the movies - but in my real life. So not a big deal. Like pools -I don't have a pool and never saw it a priority. What would be nice if sims could do like most non-rich people and take a dip in the lake. Now that would be far more realistic than every house having a pool. But if it is there it is there. If it's not, that's okay too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    What's the point of a TS2 remake if you can't get TS2 right?

lol
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    IcySlash wrote:
    Sucom wrote:

Sigh.

Exactly

TS3 didn't hardly have any romantic socials sitting down just 3 really unless you count the bed I'm mainly talking the sofa.
    But i'm just done with their small chat like

Customer: is there pools in TS4?
    EA: No, but there's many EMOTIONS! there's many new objects now!
    Customer: is there toddlers in TS4?
    EA: No, but babies have LEGS!! and you can breastfeed them!!
    Customer: is there weather in TS4?
    EA: No, but their EMOTIONS will make them feel like cold, or heated!!

I'm always like: Shut up EA, stop dodging the question and promoting your game when i ask about something you clearly don't have.

No sims game has ever had weather or pets in the base game.