Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims can't propose engagment while sitting down confirmed

Simguru Azure said they can only propose engagement while standing but went on to say there are tons and tons of romantic interactions while sitting.

Mysticalmaid ‏@SamWitts2 Jun 26
@SimGuruAzure @PerrySimmer I don't suppose TS4 brings back the seated propose engagement from TS2 Nightlife? That was so adorable.
Details Reply Retweet Favorite More
User Actions
Following

Azure Bowie-Hankins
@SimGuruAzure
@SamWitts2 @PerrySimmer Sims stand (and kneel I guess) during proposals but there are tons of romantic interactions they can do sitting down

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    :thumbdown: :cry:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited June 2014
    I guess this means no proposals during dinner at a fine restaurant. :cry:
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited June 2014
    I no longer have any expectations for this game, so no biggie. I'm sure it will be stripped down to the bare necessities.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:

Well it's not the end. I believe that will be added in a dating expansion pack or patch.
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited June 2014
    I literally have no more expectations for this game.
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Right now I'm wondering what these tons of sitting romantic interactions are especially the sofa makeout. I wish they would show that.
  • Options
    SimsesWithJakeSimsesWithJake Posts: 441 Member
    edited June 2014
    I like how they (attempt to) lather up the disappointment by giving us a vague "but there are tons of romantic interactions they can do sitting down"!

Sigh.
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited June 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:

Well it's not the end. I believe that will be added in a dating expansion pack or patch.

Don't get your hopes up.....
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Right now I'm wondering what these tons of sitting romantic interactions are especially the sofa makeout. I wish they would show that.

I've noticed whenever they tell bad news they immediately try to cover it up with something positive, even if it stupid.

Take the confirmation on no pools for example. Sim guru Ryan immediately talked about fountain right after he said no pools.
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    RawrGoesTheCatRawrGoesTheCat Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited June 2014
    :cry: Aww that was the best way to propose in TS2.
  • Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited June 2014
    That's okay, my sims never get engaged anyway (sarcasm)

I've lost many expectations for this game, in my heart I want it to succeed and get better but the more I hear the harder it is to hold out hope so I keep an open mind
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't think it will worry me too much if they have to stand up to propose. It's not like I'm going to have them sitting there watching TV and one say to the other 'How about it then? Shall we get married?'. 'Yeah, ok' and then carry on watching TV.

And if they are, for some reason, sitting in a fine restaurant, I won't mind too much if they stand up and move to some romantic location and propose there instead of in a restaurant full of other sims. I can live with that. Sounds good to me :)
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    What's the point of a TS2 remake if you can't get TS2 right?
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wait, does this mean sims can't do dinner proposals like in Sims 2??? Wow... just wow. BIG disappointment.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited June 2014
    This game is starting to remind me of the old Stephen Wright joke:

I bought some batteries. But they weren't included, so I had to buy them again.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I like how they (attempt to) lather up the disappointment by giving us a vague "but there are tons of romantic interactions they can do sitting down"!

Sigh.

What on earth would make you sigh about a comment which is telling you there are 'tons' of romantic interactions they can do sitting down?

Isn't that good news? I can't ever think of a time when it has crossed my mind that my husband should have been sitting down when he proposed. I just felt darned grateful that he did!
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't actually care about that. But it sucks for people who do.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited June 2014
    chider1234 wrote:
    I literally have no more expectations for this game.

This
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:
    Wait, does this mean sims can't do dinner proposals like in Sims 2??? Wow... just wow. BIG disappointment.

I wasn't aware that Sims 4 was a Sims 2 remake!
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited June 2014
    but there are tons of romantic interactions they can do sitting down
    I love their attempts to lessen people's disappointment with chatter. It's even ironic. :roll:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Sucom wrote:
    Moonbarker wrote:

Ea always likes to brag that the sims 4 is "going back to the roots" so I can understand why people would say that. Not to mention the babies look exactly like the ones from 2 and the loading screens.
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Sucom wrote:

Sigh.

What on earth would make you sigh about a comment which is telling you there are 'tons' of romantic interactions they can do sitting down?

Isn't that good news? I can't ever think of a time when it has crossed my mind that my husband should have been sitting down when he proposed. I just felt darned grateful that he did!

Exactly

TS3 didn't hardly have any romantic socials sitting down just 3 really unless you count the bed I'm mainly talking the sofa.
  • Options
    howahkan319howahkan319 Posts: 213 Member
    edited June 2014
    This isn't really a thing I mind. I prefer the kneeling but I know lots who wanted this :(
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh goodness today is my birthday as well and more </3 news on ts4 lol *closes eyes & breathes in & out* :lol:
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    chider1234 wrote:
    Sucom wrote:
    Moonbarker wrote:

Ea always likes to brag that the sims 4 is "going back to the roots" so I can understand why people would say that. Not to mention the babies look exactly like the ones from 2 and the loading screens.

Well, I accept you might understand but seriously, I don't.