Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wait, when they said no supernaturals, they also meant...?

Comments

• Options
    AbJo129AbJo129 Posts: 376 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    nyancat23 wrote:
    so when they die...it really is the end this time?

TS4 is now atheist.

Lol, they finally practice what they preach!
  • Options
    SimsesWithJakeSimsesWithJake Posts: 441 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    nyancat23 wrote:

TS4 is now atheist.

:lol:

Wait, if they're atheist, what does that make us?
    Aren't we their God? :?:
  • Options
    MiamineMiamine Posts: 731 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    nyancat23 wrote:

TS4 is now atheist.
    :mrgreen: That doesn't help me resist temptation, I'm trying to stay on the fence.
    SIMS 3:YOU’VE NEVER SEEN THE SIMS LIKE THIS BEFORE! This #1 bestselling award-winner* is better than ever on iPhone and iPod. Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving analytics technology. EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    nyancat23 wrote:

TS4 is now atheist.

:lol:

Wait, if they're atheist, what does that make us?
    Aren't we their God? :?:

img-40628_3504234607548c8e1af5z_j-r-full.jpg
  • Options
    nyancat23nyancat23 Posts: 60 New Member
    edited June 2014
    AbJo129 wrote:
    pguida wrote:
    nyancat23 wrote:

TS4 is now atheist.

Lol, they finally practice what they preach!
    hahahaha! But that would suck because I love bringing my favorite Sims back with the "oh my ghost" opportunity. Ugh oh well :D
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    ADLER900 wrote:
    I'm certainly hoping for ghosts still. If they take toddlers, pool AND ghosts... that would be something. A nice extra slice would be aliens (they keep showing that dang alien thought bubble). :D

You can't bet on that thought bubble, because in TS2 Sims had them all the time, but the alien in that game was just another Sim by a different color. Couldn't do anything special.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    nyancat23 wrote:

TS4 is now atheist.

LOL
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2014
    DarkMirage wrote:
    They also said that adding toddlers would be their first priority.

Actually this is a quote from SimGuruGraham... "I was commenting with one of our designers just this morning how it leaves the door open for pre-teens nicely. Don't know if that will actually happen - toddlers would certainly be the first priority for us when considering how to expand the game."

The underlined portion of that quote is fairly important. Meaning it may or may not happen.

Source:

http://modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?p=4425421#post4425421

We read that differently and that's just a matter of your perception and mine. I read it as pre-teens may or may not happen but that toddlers are a priority. Then again I'm happy with what I've seen so I'm not trying to beat it down.

It's like the clothes shopping debacle. One of the devs said that clothes would have price tags. People automatically assumed it meant stores and shopping when that was never said. When I read that I thought it might mean that when Sims went to their dresser the "plan a new outfit" option would cost money....just as adding objects in build/buy does now. I try not to assume things.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2014
    It seems to me that it's not really worth wondering whether previous content will be in the base game or not because, in reality, the Sims 4 is coming out as a brand new game which will have to be judged on its own merits rather than compared to previous games.

Whatever may or may not be in the base game, one thing we do know is that EA have told us that the game is built on a much more solid foundation which will offer the potential for better and greater things. For example, possible split levelling without having to use a cheat has really caught my interest!

This is in, this is out, this is different, this isn't different... whatever! I can't be bothered to worry about it. It's draining and pointless.

So my thoughts are: If I like the game and think it's worth the money, I'll buy it. If I don't like the game and/or don't think it's worth the money to buy any further expansions after the base game, I won't.

• Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited June 2014

I don't care if Ghosts are playable or not. I want them to be more like TS2 Ghosts. I keep saying those were scarier, actually evil and not just Sim clones with a different color floating around. I'll be also very upset if they aren't in base, but i wouldn't be surprised and i think no one should, don't you agree? :?
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sucom wrote:
    So my thoughts are: If I like the game and think it's worth the money, I'll buy it. If I don't like the game and/or don't think it's worth the money to buy any further expansions after the base game, I won't.

Well said, and I agree. I'm not buying the game as is, but I am certainly going to make sure EA knows why they lost a long time customer. I hope everyone that wants this game loves it and has a great time playing. :D
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited June 2014
    IcySlash wrote:

I don't care if Ghosts are playable or not. I want them to be more like TS2 Ghosts. I keep saying those were scarier, actually evil and not just Sim clones with a different color floating around. I'll be also very upset if they aren't in base, but i wouldn't be surprised and i think no one should, don't you agree? :?

I play both TS2 and 3, and let me tell you that if one of the ghosts were out in TS2, I would send all my sims straight to bed because I was so afraid of them dying of fright from the ghosts scaring them. :mrgreen:

TS3 ghosts are just colorful sims with voices that echo.
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited June 2014
    If there are no ghosts then this game is truely dead to me :(
  • Options
    SimsesWithJakeSimsesWithJake Posts: 441 Member
    edited June 2014
    mene wrote:
    If there are no ghosts then this game is truly dead to me :(

Pun intended or not? haha :P
    Yeah, my fingers are crossed for ghost too.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    DarkMirage wrote:
    Sucom wrote:

Well said, and I agree. I'm not buying the game as is, but I am certainly going to make sure EA knows why they lost a long time customer. I hope everyone that wants this game loves it and has a great time playing. :D

Knowing how many long hours of pleasure I have derived from this game, it really grieves me to see people like you, long term players, suffering like this. It doesn't seem right and it shouldn't have happened. You really shouldn't be losing a game you love.

I'm so crossing my fingers that your fears will be unfounded, if not on release date but at least very soon after. I don't know if they will or not, but I'm going to cross my fingers anyway.

You never know, if I get bored because of restricted creative gameplay I may be joining you! So I'm going to cross my fingers for myself too. :)
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Sucom wrote:
    DarkMirage wrote:
    Sucom wrote:

Knowing how many long hours of pleasure I have derived from this game, it really grieves me to see people like you, long term players, suffering like this. It doesn't seem right and it shouldn't have happened. You really shouldn't be losing a game you love.

I'm so crossing my fingers that your fears will be unfounded, if not on release date but at least very soon after. I don't know if they will or not, but I'm going to cross my fingers anyway.

You never know, if I get bored because of restricted creative gameplay I may be joining you! So I'm going to cross my fingers for myself too. :)

I just have to take a moment to thank you for being so understanding and calm and collected. Thank you. :)
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited June 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:
    SimsesWithJake,

Ghosts have been in every one of the previous sims games, so they should be in this one as well. I'll be very upset if they're not. Hopefully they'll also be playable.
    :lol::lol: That's is exactly why they would remove ghosts :lol:
    For someone reason my twitter won't let me do anything :cry: so someone need to ask them, if it is a no comment... well :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited June 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    At this point, it's a safe assumption that if we haven't seen it by now, we're not getting it in the base game. But as they say, things change.

My guess is that Grimmy comes to collect the soul of the deceased. We'll see the Sim's ghost briefly, then disappear along with Grimmy. But I doubt we'll see ghosts in the graveyard at night, much less playable ghosts.

This.

If there were ghosts in the game we would have seen one when that guy (Chuck?) died of laughter. We didn't - my guess is that ghosts have gone the way of toddlers and pools.

But, hey! They can always add them in an EP for extra money!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    delonariel wrote:
    Sucom wrote:
    DarkMirage wrote:
    Sucom wrote:

I just have to take a moment to thank you for being so understanding and calm and collected. Thank you. :)

I've only just seen this; it's heating up in here and moving very fast indeed. Thank you for your message, I appreciate it :)
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't care if ghosts are playable or not, I just think that it'd be nice to have them floating around the house after a sim dies. At this rate with everything that's been removed I wouldn't be surprised if ghosts weren't in the base game either.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    cheapcheapbirdiecheapcheapbirdie Posts: 397 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Sucom wrote:
    It seems to me that it's not really worth wondering whether previous content will be in the base game or not because, in reality, the Sims 4 is coming out as a brand new game which will have to be judged on its own merits rather than compared to previous games.

Right, cause in reality, Project Olympus is coming out and it's a brand new game, which will be judged on its own merits rather than any actual Sims games.... and rightfully so :wink: .

BTW... not downing you for what you're saying... I actually enjoy the pleasant vibe of respect and understanding you put off in your posts... just want to continue to get the point across that this will never be TS4 (with the year 2014 capabilities)for me. It will always be a scrapped Olympus.

Edit... cause I didn't like it enough the first time! 8)
  • Options
    thesims3madthesims3mad Posts: 140 Member
    edited June 2014
    Grant was talking about expansion-pack supernaturals (so vampires,witches, werewolves etc.) when he said no:

<a href="https://twitter.com/SimGuruGrant">@SimGuruGrant</a&gt; in sims 4 we gonna have supernatural creatures?</p>— F!l (@Filipe_RSantos) <a href=" 27, 2014</a>
    <p><a href="https://twitter.com/Filipe_RSantos">@Filipe_RSantos</a&gt; No.</p>— Grant Rodiek (@SimGuruGrant) <a href=" 27, 2014</a>

<a href="https://twitter.com/Filipe_RSantos">@Filipe_RSantos</a&gt; <a href="https://twitter.com/SimGuruGrant">@SimGuruGrant</a&gt; I don't think he meant no ghosts or aliens, maybe he was just referring to the supernatural EP creatures</p>— bump96 (@bump96) <a href=" 27, 2014</a>
    <p><a href="https://twitter.com/bump96">@bump96</a&gt; <a href="https://twitter.com/Filipe_RSantos">@Filipe_RSantos</a&gt; When I read supernatural, I think of the expansion. I'm sorry for the confusion.</p>— Grant Rodiek (@SimGuruGrant) <a href=" 27, 2014</a>

So, ghosts and aliens are not ruled out as they do not initially come with expansions.(Even if they are expanded from in EP's, e.g. new ghost colours). However judging from the latest news, I would not get your hopes up and use this as a confirmation that they will be in the game. I guess it is just a matter of waiting for them to answer the question on Twitter or an interview.
  • Options
    JustMe123JustMe123 Posts: 160 Member
    edited June 2014
    mene wrote:
    If there are no ghosts then this game is truely dead to me :(

I love your avatar with the cowplant. :lol:
  • Options
    JustMe123JustMe123 Posts: 160 Member
    edited June 2014
    So that's why they cut off at e3 with the plumbob. There's no ghosts.

My EMOTIONS can't take this any more!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2014
    loosma wrote:
    someone with a twitter should ask....

I've asked nearly all Gurus on twitter if Aliens will be in the base game... Not one has written back to me! Somebody asked about ghosts on FB and they did answer them either yet they answered other Simmers questions... My point is they ignore people so its pointless... :roll: I'm not rolling my eyes at you but at them and their rudeness btw