Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wait, when they said no supernaturals, they also meant...?

Wait, when they said no supernaturals, they also meant
NO GHOST!?

Someone, please prove me wrong.
There must to be ghost!
Super spooky, haunting, evil-like ghost, like in TS2! :(

Is this why they didn't show Chuck vaporizing into a ghost...?
Nv54x1y.png

Comments

• Options
    AbJo129AbJo129 Posts: 376 Member
    edited June 2014
    It is a fairly safe assumption don't you think?
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited June 2014
    Grant clarified that he took the question to be asking if the expansion would be part of the base game rather than being an expansion. So he said no.

There is currently no proof for or against ghosts being in the game.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited June 2014
    SimsesWithJake,

Ghosts have been in every one of the previous sims games, so they should be in this one as well. I'll be very upset if they're not. Hopefully they'll also be playable.
  • Options
    EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited June 2014
    Ghosts are a must have. They have been in every game.

Then again, we said that about pools.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2014
    The Guru who said No to supernaturals in TS4 later clarified he was thinking along the lines of the Supernatural EP. I don't think anyone has confirmed no ghosts or aliens.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited June 2014
    Someone asked him point-blank on Twitter this morning if there are ghosts and/or aliens in the base game and if they are playable. I haven't seen a reply; has anyone?
  • Options
    SimsesWithJakeSimsesWithJake Posts: 441 Member
    edited June 2014
    Celiria wrote:
    Grant clarified that he took the question to be asking if the expansion would be part of the base game rather than being an expansion. So he said no.

There is currently no proof for or against ghosts being in the game.

Hopefully, this is a possible explanation.
    Makes sense.

Annie_fingers_crossed.gif
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited June 2014
    If they cut corners because they didn't want to or have time to make animations for toddlers, teens, and elders, what makes you think they would've created the animations for ghosts?

And that's sad.
  • Options
    loosmaloosma Posts: 372 Member
    edited June 2014
    someone with a twitter should ask....
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    Mstybl95 wrote:
    If they cut corners because they didn't want to or have time to make animations for toddlers, teens, and elders, what makes you think they would've created the animations for ghosts?

And that's sad.

What she said.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2014
    Mstybl95 wrote:

And that's sad.

Maybe because ghosts would be the same size as the YA, adult and elder Sims that are already in the game. It would be easier than making a small (toddler) Sim. They have already said that toddler animations are harder because they have to be cared for and it would involve also creating interactions with the older Sims. Babies have different interactions than toddlers so more interactions also need to be added.

They also said that adding toddlers would be their first priority.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited June 2014

Actually this is a quote from SimGuruGraham... "I was commenting with one of our designers just this morning how it leaves the door open for pre-teens nicely. Don't know if that will actually happen - toddlers would certainly be the first priority for us when considering how to expand the game."

The underlined portion of that quote is fairly important. Meaning it may or may not happen.

Source:

http://modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?p=4425421#post4425421
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited June 2014
    Mstybl95 wrote:

And that's sad.

Maybe because ghosts would be the same size as the YA, adult and elder Sims that are already in the game. It would be easier than making a small (toddler) Sim. They have already said that toddler animations are harder because they have to be cared for and it would involve also creating interactions with the older Sims. Babies have different interactions than toddlers so more interactions also need to be added.

Ghosts float. They also haunt things. They scare Sims. Each one has a death trait that causes them to do specific things. I'd say that's more than just a few animations. And then there are living Sims reactions to them.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited June 2014
    At this point, it's a safe assumption that if we haven't seen it by now, we're not getting it in the base game. But as they say, things change.

My guess is that Grimmy comes to collect the soul of the deceased. We'll see the Sim's ghost briefly, then disappear along with Grimmy. But I doubt we'll see ghosts in the graveyard at night, much less playable ghosts.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited June 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:
    SimsesWithJake,

Ghosts have been in every one of the previous sims games, so they should be in this one as well. I'll be very upset if they're not. Hopefully they'll also be playable.

Pools have been in every one of the previous sims game, but they weren't including them. So ghosts are possible to be removed.
  • Options
    MiamineMiamine Posts: 731 Member
    edited June 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:
    SimsesWithJake,

Have you missed all the news. Doesn't matter if the game has always had something, we've always had pools and they went. Doesn't even matter if they confirm it. They confirmed there was toddlers, and then they changed their mind.

This game is a new thing all together, don't depend on anything, not even ghosts being in. You can no longer swim anywhere at all in this game. Not pools, not oceans, not even lakes. There's no swimming costumes, so no hotubs. All sims in this game are allergic to water.

People have even noticed the water in the drinks don't look quite right.

So until you get your hands on the game or see some gameplay, I suggest you make no assumptions about what's left in. :(

SIMS 3:YOU’VE NEVER SEEN THE SIMS LIKE THIS BEFORE! This #1 bestselling award-winner* is better than ever on iPhone and iPod. Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving analytics technology. EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice.
  • Options
    ADLER900ADLER900 Posts: 503 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm certainly hoping for ghosts still. If they take toddlers, pool AND ghosts... that would be something. A nice extra slice would be aliens (they keep showing that dang alien thought bubble). :D
  • Options
    SimsesWithJakeSimsesWithJake Posts: 441 Member
    edited June 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    At this point, it's a safe assumption that if we haven't seen it by now, we're not getting it in the base game. But as they say, things change.

My guess is that Grimmy comes to collect the soul of the deceased. We'll see the Sim's ghost briefly, then disappear along with Grimmy. But I doubt we'll see ghosts in the graveyard at night, much less playable ghosts.

I really didn't like how they said, "Thing's change."
    It's like when a child questions their guardian because they just want to know why and the parent responds, "Because I said so." :?
  • Options
    ADLER900ADLER900 Posts: 503 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm certainly hoping for ghosts still. If they take toddlers, pool AND ghosts... that would be something. A nice extra slice would be aliens (they keep showing that dang alien thought bubble). :D
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited June 2014
    DarkMirage wrote:

Actually this is a quote from SimGuruGraham... "I was commenting with one of our designers just this morning how it leaves the door open for pre-teens nicely. Don't know if that will actually happen - toddlers would certainly be the first priority for us when considering how to expand the game."

The underlined portion of that quote is fairly important. Meaning it may or may not happen.

Source:

http://modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?p=4425421#post4425421

That's scary, but we don't even know if they will be added. That being said, if toddlers are gone, ghosts not being there or the grim reaper would not be unlikely.
    Mind you this is just a guess.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited June 2014
    Miamine wrote:
    Damienf519 wrote:
    SimsesWithJake,

Have you missed all the news. Doesn't matter if the game has always had something, we've always had pools and they went. Doesn't even matter if they confirm it. They confirmed there was toddlers, and then they changed their mind.

This game is a new thing all together, don't depend on anything, not even ghosts being in. You can no longer swim anywhere at all in this game. Not pools, not oceans, not even lakes. There's no swimming costumes, so no hotubs. All sims in this game are allergic to water.

People have even noticed the water in the drinks don't look quite right.

So until you get your hands on the game or see some gameplay, I suggest you make no assumptions about what's left in. :(

^ Preach! Unfortunately, this is all true. :evil:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:

I really didn't like how they said, "Thing's change."
    It's like when a child questions their guardian because they just want to know why and the parent responds, "Because I said so." :?
    Pretty much! :P
  • Options
    nyancat23nyancat23 Posts: 60 New Member
    edited June 2014
    so when they die...it really is the end this time?
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    nyancat23 wrote:

TS4 is now atheist.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    nyancat23 wrote:
    Possibly. We don't really know at this point. Much of the comments in this thread are assuming that if we haven't seen it by now, it won't be in the base game. But it's speculation at this point.