Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something DAZZLING! BLOG'S UP!!!

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm still wondering what other things we can make with this. The way Simguru Copeland mentioned we can make different objects that arn't that large.

So glassblowing plus other objects?
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited January 2014
    So who called it first?
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited January 2014
    12196865695_5a01551a66.jpg

I still can't tell what the pink,yellow and blue colors are.

Edit
    I can see the stairs in the background. Their connected to this venue.
    Those are minerals that you would use to make different colors of glass with cat. And it appears not to be a gallery at all. Because the background indicates an outdoor setting. It is okay because an blown glass studio can be either indoors or out. :D
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited January 2014
    I did.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2014
    Must be a bit hairy when it rains, hails, or snows. Nothing quite like icy and snow hitting hot glass. Must be a bit of a ... shall we say shattering experience.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2014
    MrHawk wrote:
    So who called it first?

Innuendo21 I believe: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/210/733373.page
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I think I see something on display. Look, there's a pedestal on the platform with something on it.
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited January 2014
    MrHawk wrote:
    So who called it first?

Innuendo21 I believe: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/210/733373.page

Yep, you're right. Gotta check the wishlist. Picked it on the first image. Well done.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    MrHawk wrote:
    MrHawk wrote:
    So who called it first?

Yep, you're right. Gotta check the wishlist. Picked it on the first image. Well done.

Aw, that's nice of you! ^.^
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Must be a bit hairy when it rains, hails, or snows. Nothing quite like icy and snow hitting hot glass. Must be a bit of a ... shall we say shattering experience.
    Well I certainly wouldn't want to be around glass that hot when it suddenly becomes really cold. The temps of those kilns are extremely hot. Hot enough to make someone sweat in a matter of a few minutes, if they are just standing 4 feet away. Glass comes from sand, and it takes tremendous amount of heat to turn sand into glass. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Yea now I see the glassblower is outside so now I'm wondering what the inside of that venue has. Prehaps there is other premium cntent hidden in it. This is outside everyone.
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm still excited, my Sims are very crafty and I just hope it isn't a case where we can only make three things :cry:
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited January 2014
    Is it a window that light can filter through? Or a solid object made to look like a window? :?
    I like stained glass a LOT, but ONLY IF light can get through at least a little...
  • Options
    EmmaBarbieEmmaBarbie Posts: 5,836 Member
    edited January 2014
    ~Want...
    You're too late.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Deleted due to double post. I hope the sims 4 forum isn't this glitchy.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I want it too. I would like for sims to get paid for glass blowing but I can't see them adding that.

On a side note it's snowing heavily in my area. We rarely ever get snow so I'm excited. :D
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited January 2014
    Squeeee! I wonder what else they can make besides stained glass windows with the glass blower?

Meantime, I wonder if the delay in the venue has to do with the two patches that came out, and them trying to make sure they work right with the two patches?

:oops: it took me a while to get that one! duh!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    gayars wrote:
    Squeeee! I wonder what else they can make besides stained glass windows with the glass blower?

Meantime, I wonder if the delay in the venue has to do with the two patches that came out, and them trying to make sure they work right with the two patches?

:oops: it took me a while to get that one! duh!

Well I'm almost sure there are some hidden things in that building.
  • Options
    MistySmudge01MistySmudge01 Posts: 317 Member
    edited January 2014
    I want those stairs :P And if we can make stuff out of glass like *****, and jewellry etc that would be soooo cool :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I want it too. I would like for sims to get paid for glass blowing but I can't see them adding that.

On a side note it's snowing heavily in my area. We rarely ever get snow so I'm excited. :D
    My backyard is dotted with 4 foot snow drifts. So if you need more snow, I have plenty of that, you can have for free. :lol: It would be nice if the sims would get paid for glass blowing. I wonder if we can take those works blown glass and sell them, using those rugs and pedestals from MH. :D
  • Options
    Stablehand6Stablehand6 Posts: 288 Member
    edited January 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    At this point I just hope we get at least one thing a month through the next six months and it's all amazing.
    ^^ This :mrgreen:

Told myself to stop guessing about venue..but every once in awhile, my brain sneaks a guess :roll:

Seeing as how the stair hint pic looks like an artists' loft, I feel like I've hit-a-brick wall...with ideas/guesses :lol:

The picture of those L Shaped Stairs reminded me of a block of Council Flats from a UK TV show. That's why I didn't find them very inspiring and hoped we get more than one look for them.

I'm suspicious of the placement out in the open, instead of against a wall or in a corner, and the "planter" half walls between the two sets of stairs; are they there to hide something...? (When I first saw the picture, I thought for sure it was another prank like the one with the Japanese Teaset, because in looking closely at it, I figured I could have easily built something like that myself with what we already have.)

Other than that, they need to include a matching railing, as others have said. The stairs look like they were made to go with the Coffee Bean Hipster Loft set, in my opinion. They're okay, but I don't think they'll go well design-wise with anything other than modern and industrial styles. I love the idea of L-shaped stairs, but I hope there's more variety than just the "modern" look. A LOT more variety. But somehow I doubt there will be more than one design, since this item is coming with a venue, and they rarely include anything in the "package" that's not built into the lot. The EA Team does surprise us on occasion though, so who knows?

Of course, my first choice would have been an adjustable platform, or platforms at 5 different heights so we could use the modular stairs however we want (L-shaped, U-shaped, landing 1/4 way up, 1/2 way up, 3/4 way up, zig-zag, spiral with landings, stairwell, etc.). I thought for sure when the Sims 3 came out that would be a sure thing; it would only be a matter of time. But that would have been an EP thing, so we'll never see that happen now; It'd likely be too complex for a Store item. Oh well... :(

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited January 2014
    CMWarren wrote:
    12196865695_5a01551a66.jpg

I still can't tell what the pink,yellow and blue colors are.

Edit
    I can see the stairs in the background. Their connected to this venue.

glass blowing usually starts with a clear base, and you roll the glass through highly colored, crushed glass, melt it in, and that gives you color without wasting alot of colored glass, which is more expensive.

we call the crushed glass Frit, and you can get it basially in most any color glass if it is manafactured at the right COE (coefficency of expansion, which is 'how much does the glass expand and contract when heating, which is important in glass working, because all glass you work with needs to chemically have the same COE, otherwise when it cools, the glass cools unevenly, and cracks or shatters). They probably just choose to go simple, and just use a primary color setup, but in most studios, you would see alot more, including opaque colors, and special glasses, like dichroic, though for the larger peices you make with glass blowing, dichoric glass tends not to be used, as trust me, it is expeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeensive.

You basically roll the molton glass on the punty rod in the colored frit, and tada, colored blown glass.

Thank you for all that extra info on glass blowing.

This all looks interesting.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited January 2014
    sunman502 wrote:

My backyard is dotted with 4 foot snow drifts. So if you need more snow, I have plenty of that, you can have for free. :lol: It would be nice if the sims would get paid for glass blowing. I wonder if we can take those works blown glass and sell them, using those rugs and pedestals from MH. :D

I've lived in the tropics all of my life so I've never seen real snow up close.

And the only furnace type things I've seen up close are a few pottery kilns and a copper smelter. It was a really big copper smelter.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I keep looking at the pic with glass blowing artist in it, trying to see how the stairs are L shaped. I see the female sim, and the stairs behind her. But I can't see how they are L shaped at all. They just look like regular stairs to me in that pic. Can we see another pic of those L shaped stairs with a better view of the stairs themselves? :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    sunman502 wrote:

I've lived in the tropics all of my life so I've never seen real snow up close.

And the only furnace type things I've seen up close are a few pottery kilns and a copper smelter. It was a really big copper smelter.
    Snow is really pretty to look at from time to time. But it can also be down right a pain, especially when you get enough of it so that you can't get your car out to go somewhere. And if you live out in the middle of Ten Buck Too, or smack dab in the middle or nowhere like I do. That's a real problem because you simply can't just walk down to the corner market for a gallon of milk, where I live. Those kilns are pretty neat, and they do help in making some things. But I wasn't kidding when I said that they are extremely hot. :D