Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something DAZZLING! BLOG'S UP!!!

Comments

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2014
    Cinderelli, and all of you guys, thank you all too, for the fun and the giggles.
    It's a joy to visit this thread. :D

HUGS!

cute-hugging-cat-and-dog.jpg
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited January 2014
    Has anyone mentioned this yet?

Adventfear asked:
    adventfear wrote:
    no one seems to notice the necklace on the female Sim in the back. We're getting more accessories in the Store?

And SimGuruCopeland replied:
    That's a good eye for detail you have there. :-)

So... are we getting new jewellery with this set? Is it part of an item of clothing? Or can we make jewellery with the glassblowing?

:shock:

Wait! Advent highlighted it in an image! AND IT'S ON A BASE GAME TOP!!!

BfHCqIDCcAAtU_V.png

Oh please let us be able to make jewellery!! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! *fingers crossed* :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    Innuendo21Innuendo21 Posts: 655 Member
    edited January 2014
    faytheful wrote:
    Congrats to Innuendo :D Btw
    Thanks. :D Was I really the first person to suggest that? How cool. :D
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited January 2014
    New handmade jewelry would be a neat addition to the game. Even without that though, I am very excited about the glassblowing venue. I am however hoping that the PC might be available separately (doubt it, but hoping nevertheless).
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited January 2014
    faytheful wrote:
    brsy wrote:
    :?: :?: I can't take someone Else's credit ...I never said I thought it was a glass studio....sorry :oops: however I'm glad to see I was on you mind in a positive manner :lol: I'm still hoping something romantic is involved and I hope sugar blowing have some type of role in it as well..it's all wishful thinking..but to the one that said "glass studio" ...kudos to you :)
    Not sure who said "glass studio" as I didn't read the whole thread.
    I didn't even know it was a contest of some sort until very recently like earlier today.
    But I think as far as the contest goes a poster named Innuendo ? won it for having made a close guess early on. (post on pg 16, 17 of this thread)
    I keep talking about it because its interesting to me & I was never really interested in a contest of sorts, just like mysteries.
    ETA when looking for more information on this venue, I found this:
    http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=19053.0
    Which then led me to this (where they talk about who was closest guess) https://twitter.com/SimGuruRusskii

Congrats to Innuendo :D Btw

lol it wasn't a contest or anything like that we were playing detective <and still is> and "MrHawk " being sooo nice, generous and wonderful decided to do something for the first person that thought of it...see u never know what may happen in a thread made by Cinderellimouse she's a bit tricky like the gurus so when it comes to a thread she starts you need to stay on ya toes because anything "great" could be the ending results :lol: ...but I know I never said glass studio so can't take someone Else's shine :wink: also

:shock: making JEWELRY???????????? OMG NOW THAT WOULD BE AMAZING so it wasn't a jewelry maker it is a glassblower that makes jewelery as well because the bigger then a breadbox thing took jewelry off the charts but now that we know it's a glassblower or something that multitask items if it can do jewelry i wonder what else can be done :?: please please please I hope sugar blowing is something else it can do that would be so delightful...
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited January 2014
    Cinderellimouse it's funny how on page 3 you posted the pic with the big gigantic light bulb and that looks just like glassblowing without you even knowing it yet. :shock:
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2014
    I zoomed in crazy close to that mysterious object on the end table, and it's definitely not a part of the stained glass... I can't really be sure of what it actually IS though... it's too blurry up close to tell which is the object and which is the stained glass.

It looks like some sort of sculpture to me. :shock:

BfHCqIDCcAAtU_V.png

Oh please let us be able to make jewellery!! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! *fingers crossed* :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Joins the SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    brsy wrote:
    :shock: making JEWELRY???????????? OMG NOW THAT WOULD BE AMAZING so it wasn't a jewelry maker it is a glassblower that makes jewelery as well because the bigger then a breadbox thing took jewelry off the charts but now that we know it's a glassblower or something that multitask items if it can do jewelry i wonder what else can be done :?: please please please I hope sugar blowing is something else it can do that would be so delightful...[/i]

I was watching a youtube video of glass blowing, and the lady who was interviewing the people at the studio had a go, AND SHE MADE A GLASS 'BEAD' FOR A NECKLACE! (sorry for shouting, I got over excited again). :oops: :lol:

So, jewellery is something glass-blowing type people make.
    brsy wrote:
    Cinderellimouse it's funny how on page 3 you posted the pic with the big gigantic light bulb and that looks just like glassblowing without you even knowing it yet. :shock:

Ha ha! I remember that! I felt bad because people thought it was a real hint and I was just being silly! I know how the gurus feel now, you have to be careful what you say when passing hints on! :lol:
    Wait... this just in!!! Here is Sim Guru Someone-or-other making the new premium content!!! Mine eyes dazzle!

light-bulb.gif?462

Ha ha! It does look a teeny bit like it could be a glass blowing workshop, doesn't it? :D
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited January 2014
    now I want a huge light bulb in my game. it doesn't have to be a functional light bulb it can be a glass sculpture. :lol:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2014
    Cinder

What if that jewelry comes with that outfit but I'm hopeful it doesn t.
  • Options
    CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited January 2014
    I just now want to know when we can expect it. will it come the first thursday of febuary? Either way, I likely wont have time to play it till the theatre preformance I am getting ready to start on the 4th ends, which will be in march.
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited January 2014
    Glass blowing just like I said.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited January 2014
    Cinder

What if that jewelry comes with that outfit but I'm hopeful it doesn t.

That outfit the female sim is wearing in that picture is a base game outfit, so that necklace is separate. It may be that the necklace comes with the set, or it can be made with the glassblowing item. Either way, I will be happy to get more new accessories.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited January 2014
    So what I am getting from everyone's input here, is that it will be a glass-crafting-type venue?
    Make glass beads/pendants for jewelery, & glass deco statues/glass windows maybe?
    Ability to make lots of glass stuff?...However I kind of don't like when glass deco items can hardly be seen in the game.
    You know, the almost invisible kinds that can only be seen on certain angles or you miss even seesing it's there? :(

Glass-crafting Gallery would be nice if it also could feature Glass jewelery pieces like Art Galleries or even Museums do.

(but that's just my opinion) :mrgreen:
  • Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited January 2014
    This is really exciting news, I am glad they have finally revealed the premium content completely. I shall look forward to seeing the venue as a whole as well as what is to come with it
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited January 2014
    miklc wrote:
    This is really exciting news, I am glad they have finally revealed the premium content completely. I shall look forward to seeing the venue as a whole as well as what is to come with it

^^This^^

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    SimGuruCopelandSimGuruCopeland Posts: 741 Member
    edited January 2014

Catwalk
    Bakery (okay, the venue is not a shop, but I figure, maaaaaaybe it's some other "type" of lot, like a "café"...?)
    Perfume making
    Jewelry crafting
    metal smelting/crafting/smithing
    Carousel (?) (I know Ferris Wheels are out, but were carousels/merry-go-rounds dust-binned too?)
    Carnival Venue (?) (Same as carousels, above)
    Corn
    Chocolate making/candy making
    Restaurant
    Spa/salon
    Tea set/tea house/tea room
    ? (anything else?)

So let's eliminate a few more things...

• Not a Carousel or anything carnival related.
    • Not Corn or Gardening related.
    • And "abuzz" was just a word, not a hint.

So let’s eliminate some more stuff from your list:

NOT:
    • Catwalk
    • Bakery
    • Carousel
    • Carnival Venue
    • Corn
    • Chocolate making/candy making
    • Restaurant
    • Spa/salon
    • Tea set/tea house/tea room

But it still could be any number of the following:

• Glass blowing
    • Perfume making
    • Jewelry crafting
    • Metal smelting
    • incredibly awesome (OK, maybe I threw this one in there.)

• Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited January 2014
    But isn't that a Venue-making REQUIREMENT anyway? :mrgreen::lol:
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited January 2014
    I am not terribly excited, but I guess I am the only one. I would rather have a bakery or something else.
  • Options
    organgrinder20porgangrinder20p Posts: 479 New Member
    edited January 2014
    A way to cheaply and quickly smelt metal and the L-shaped stairway that sells it to me.
  • Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited January 2014
    But isn't that a Venue-making REQUIREMENT anyway? :mrgreen::lol:

It certainly is. :wink:
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited January 2014
    I seriously can't wait for this new venue SimGuruCopeland, you guys had me by the 3rd picture oh and then the stairs the beautiful stairs! I had to put my giant loft build on hold for this venue because it absolutely must of some of the features this wonderfully awesome venue holds! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm going for jewellery making, glass blowing and metal smelting combo. Plus incredibly awesome.

I hope perfume making comes soon and that we can make bottles for the perfume with this set.

The reason for wanting perfume separate is I'd like harvestable flowers to go with the perfume making. That could have flower arranging or florist included with it.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited January 2014

• Glass blowing
    • Perfume making
    • Jewelry crafting
    • Metal smelting

:wink: Or all of the above? :?: Greedy little thing, I am.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited January 2014
    davina1221 wrote:

• Glass blowing
    • Perfume making
    • Jewelry crafting
    • Metal smelting

:wink: Or all of the above? :?: Greedy little thing, I am.

I wouldn't object to all of the above. But I think perfume is the odd one out. And we aren't getting flowers or flower arranging. I think perfume would go with getting the means to make the perfume and I'd really love harvestable flowers and I'm sure a lot of others would love to have flower arranging. So I'm leaving perfume out of my guess.

Edit. And when making jewellery if you need to melt some metal to cast a piece you would only smelt enough for that thing you are making. It can be done over a small fire or with a hand held torch.
  • Options
    darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited January 2014
    Okay so the object on the pedestal almost looks like a glass gnome.....ballerina??? lol There is a blown image on twitter someone took of the object. Can someone paste it to here? Im not sure how lol