Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something DAZZLING! BLOG'S UP!!!

Comments

• HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited January 2014
    I think it will be an art gallery venue. Plus I think that square pedestal has a piece of glass art on it. It is hard to tell but it does look a bit different from the rest of the stained glass window area.
  • AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited January 2014
    SimGuruCopeland :shock: xoxoxo you made my evening with this one thank you soooo much I wanted to see this photo sooo badly that I had dreams about it...you my friend gets 2 thumbs up :thumbup: :thumbup: ....I can take off my shades now....I love glassblowing as a form of art and crafting I'M A BIG FAN...I personally was voting for Romance for my sims and maybe it's more objects that's a little romantic so I will not rule that out as of now...and the bakery <hmm still don't know it could be sugar blowing :P > but if it is glassblowing ONLY I am happy because I would love to try something different in my game and playing since 2000 ~~>1-3 Sim series Glassblowing will be something new for the Sims so with that said I'm excited...very excited #LoveIt
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited January 2014
    The male sim looks like he has a new outfit and the apron looks new.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited January 2014
    sunman502 wrote:
    Karritz wrote:
    sunman502 wrote:
    I want it too. I would like for sims to get paid for glass blowing but I can't see them adding that.

On a side note it's snowing heavily in my area. We rarely ever get snow so I'm excited. :D
    My backyard is dotted with 4 foot snow drifts. So if you need more snow, I have plenty of that, you can have for free. :lol: It would be nice if the sims would get paid for glass blowing. I wonder if we can take those works blown glass and sell them, using those rugs and pedestals from MH. :D

I've lived in the tropics all of my life so I've never seen real snow up close.

And the only furnace type things I've seen up close are a few pottery kilns and a copper smelter. It was a really big copper smelter.
    Snow is really pretty to look at from time to time. But it can also be down right a pain, especially when you get enough of it so that you can't get your car out to go somewhere. And if you live out in the middle of Ten Buck Too, or smack dab in the middle or nowhere like I do. That's a real problem because you simply can't just walk down to the corner market for a gallon of milk, where I live. Those kilns are pretty neat, and they do help in making some things. But I wasn't kidding when I said that they are extremely hot. :D

I'm getting snow on top of freezing rain. There was ice sticking before the snow then the snow started sticking as it went from freezing rain to snow.
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited January 2014
    You guys in snowy areas be careful getting around! Stay safe and well :-)
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm suspicious of the placement out in the open, instead of against a wall or in a corner, and the "planter" half walls between the two sets of stairs; are they there to hide something...?
    I'm glad it wasn't just me thinking that :lol:
    We shall soon see... :mrgreen:
    Store likes to play games ( punny?) & mess with our guessing :roll:
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited January 2014
    gayars wrote:
    You guys in snowy areas be careful getting around! Stay safe and well :-)
    They usually do an excellent job of keeping the roads free of ice and snow where I live. So travelling on the roadways is no real big problem. But getting out of the driveways around here is. But lucky for me, my neighbor was out an about on his farm tractor. He came over to my house on his tractor which has a big bucket on the front, and he plowed my driveway for me today. But thanks for the concern though. :D
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited January 2014
    I think it will be an art gallery venue. Plus I think that square pedestal has a piece of glass art on it. It is hard to tell but it does look a bit different from the rest of the stained glass window area.
    I too thought that the thing sitting on the pedestal was a piece of art glass. Since it does stand out from the stain glass windows that are right behind it. :D
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited January 2014
    So is the picture of the stairs the inside of the venue then? I am guessing that it may be some kind of arts and crafts studio and glass blowing is just one "faceet" of the facility.

It would be very cool if there was a glass blowing room, a pottery/ceramics room and a jewelry making room. We could build a vocational school by adding the fixer upper car and the styling stations (beauty school!)

Speaking of that I do wish we had a proper stylist/barber chair..

Oh my gosh...what if "abuzz" is a hint for a saw? What if there is woodshop?

Thought of that too especially with the new, clearer pic & the girl Sim in the background obviously going to the area where the glass blower is...
    Think that would be cool. There was something similar in Sims 2.
    And would absolutely love wood working for my Sims.
    They said there was going to be wood working in Sims 4, but Sims 4 is not going to be released for a while so why can't they give it to us in Sims 3 ?
    edited January 2014
    So is the picture of the stairs the inside of the venue then? I am guessing that it may be some kind of arts and crafts studio and glass blowing is just one "faceet" of the facility.

It would be very cool if there was a glass blowing room, a pottery/ceramics room and a jewelry making room. We could build a vocational school by adding the fixer upper car and the styling stations (beauty school!)

Speaking of that I do wish we had a proper stylist/barber chair..

Oh my gosh...what if "abuzz" is a hint for a saw? What if there is woodshop?

So let's eliminate a few more things...

• Not a Carousel or anything carnival related.
    • Not Corn or Gardening related.
    • And "abuzz" was just a word, not a hint.

Abuzz was not a hint, so most likely this venue does not have anything to do with saws or wood/metal working :)

aww :(
    edited January 2014
    12196865695_5a01551a66.jpg
    Maybe its a shop where Sims can buy glass blown items...
    Either that or a shop where they can learn the skills since there are other Sims roaming about.
    Thanks SimGuruCopeland for the clearer pic !
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited January 2014
    faytheful wrote:
    I think they also said no "shop" of any kind... :?
  • GrandmothergamerGrandmothergamer Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited January 2014
    :mrgreen: Fabulous!
    Well done Innuendo.
    Anything that gives my dolls something new to learn rates a 10/10 from me!
    Mr Copeland and his team have given us so much wonderful content.
    My Thank You to them is heartfelt.

Cinderelli, and all of you guys, thank you all too, for the fun and the giggles.
    It's a joy to visit this thread. :D
    edited January 2014
    faytheful wrote:
    I think they also said no "shop" of any kind... :?
    oh, well then IDK because its clear other sims are roaming about in the area, so maybe its a recreation building of some sort.
    Can't wait until they release it already so my Sims can play with it !
    edited January 2014
    So its all the same building...
    And there's a Sim downstairs on a computer, then a female Sim goes upstairs,
    k9w3za.jpg
    and then you can see her here in the background & there's another male Sim walking through a hallway of sorts, to the right of the pedestal, near the column...
    2nulx3.jpg
    So my thoughts are that it's a recreation type of thing, or craft center, that includes glass blowing, since shop was ruled out.
    Just wondering what role that Sim who is glass blowing plays, does he own that equipment ? He has an apron on so its more than likely, but if its not a shop that means he's not selling the things he makes...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • NiralynNiralyn Posts: 755 Member
    edited January 2014
    As brsy said up above, this is clearly a glass studio... :wink: The Sim is standing in front of the furnace and the rod holding the molten glass bulb is standing upright (though, to be honest, at that angle it would start to collapse in on itself if not actively being shaped).

With the stained glass windows in the background, my guess is that the boxes with pieces of colored bits are the chunks of glass remnants used for the stained glass. A woman I know does stained glass as a hobby, and she has these bits in sturdy drawers, but the boxes are the same idea.
  • AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited January 2014
    :?: :?: I can't take someone Else's credit ...I never said I thought it was a glass studio....sorry :oops: however I'm glad to see I was on you mind in a positive manner :lol: I'm still hoping something romantic is involved and I hope sugar blowing have some type of role in it as well..it's all wishful thinking..but to the one that said "glass studio" ...kudos to you :)
    edited January 2014
    brsy wrote:
    :?: :?: I can't take someone Else's credit ...I never said I thought it was a glass studio....sorry :oops: however I'm glad to see I was on you mind in a positive manner :lol: I'm still hoping something romantic is involved and I hope sugar blowing have some type of role in it as well..it's all wishful thinking..but to the one that said "glass studio" ...kudos to you :)
    Not sure who said "glass studio" as I didn't read the whole thread.
    I didn't even know it was a contest of some sort until very recently like earlier today.
    But I think as far as the contest goes a poster named Innuendo ? won it for having made a close guess early on. (post on pg 16, 17 of this thread)
    I keep talking about it because its interesting to me & I was never really interested in a contest of sorts, just like mysteries.
    ETA when looking for more information on this venue, I found this:
    http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=19053.0
    Which then led me to this (where they talk about who was closest guess) https://twitter.com/SimGuruRusskii

Congrats to Innuendo :D Btw
  • kitti789playerkitti789player Posts: 297 Member
    edited January 2014
    Out of all venues that all out there "EA" come up with glass blowing. Really EA Really !!! :roll: :roll: LORD
    edited January 2014
    Out of all venues that all out there "EA" come up with glass blowing. Really EA Really !!! :roll: :roll: LORD
    lol what would you rather have ?
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    edited January 2014
    Maybe it is some sort of art school combined with gallery.
  • trashbinsouvenirtrashbinsouvenir Posts: 412 Member
    edited January 2014
    I zoomed in crazy close to that mysterious object on the end table, and it's definitely not a part of the stained glass... I can't really be sure of what it actually IS though... it's too blurry up close to tell which is the object and which is the stained glass.

But I'm very intrigued by the glass blowing... before this thread, never in a million years would I have guessed glass blowing to be a craft station for the game! I'm very hopeful as to the contents we can create. But doubtful there's anymore big "hidden" items. We have the new stairs and this PC glass blowing station at the venue... as much as I'd love more things, because of COURSE I want more after all of this suspense, I don't want to get all excited again without even any hints to go by.
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2014
    Has anyone mentioned this yet?

Adventfear asked:
    adventfear wrote:
    no one seems to notice the necklace on the female Sim in the back. We're getting more accessories in the Store?

And SimGuruCopeland replied:
    That's a good eye for detail you have there. :-)

So... are we getting new jewellery with this set? Is it part of an item of clothing? Or can we make jewellery with the glassblowing?

:shock:

Wait! Advent highlighted it in an image! AND IT'S ON A BASE GAME TOP!!!

• kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited January 2014
    I think you may be correct Hollowness :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm suspicious of the placement out in the open, instead of against a wall or in a corner, and the "planter" half walls between the two sets of stairs; are they there to hide something...?
    I'm glad it wasn't just me thinking that :lol:
    We shall soon see... :mrgreen:
    Store likes to play games ( punny?) & mess with our guessing :roll:
    I think outdoor placement of this pc item would be cool :) Glass blowing would be a fantastic addition to the Al Fresco Street Market and The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    rnKEhBT.png