Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ZOO U 12 HW - Slacker Priscapup

priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
edited August 2014 in The Sims 3 Builders
So, I finally have a homework thread for the fabulous class taught by ruthless_kk. I recommend everyone take a look... just when you think you have nothing to learn, someone comes along and demonstrates such amazing things! (psssst: btw, I always have something to learn) You'll really like what you see! Look here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/724720.page

:shock: You came back. Well, then I guess I better show you some pictures of what I learned. First, I'm going to post some pictures of the AMAZING house Ruthie walked us through building. I have not finished with the painting on this house, but I will do so, as I intend to play in this house. It is too fabulous to let sit as an unfinished shell. Then I will put up pictures of my homework house I tried to design, while not copying her design too much because it was so fresh in my head. :mrgreen: This one is finally painted to my liking on the outside, with some landscaping. Now to start the guts. I may also move to a larger lot.

OK, shutting up now, and pictures. This is the gorgeous build Ruthie walked us through. Front Angle:
Screenshot-18_zps27f21b63.jpg

Here we see the left side, with a couple of lovely porches:
Screenshot-15_zps2a25a6f7.jpg

The back... trust me, would be a lot less boring with painting, window placement and type, landscaping. You get the picture. :D
Screenshot-14_zps49bdfa90.jpg

And this appears to be the only shot I got of the right side:
Screenshot-19_zpsd1338612.jpg

Fantastic, right? I'm going to love playing in that! Now, on to the one I'm doing for homework. Don't expect a Ruthie original, alright? :lol:

Here is the front, and I have gone through a LOT of paint to get here... if I had been using actual painters, I would be broke now.
Screenshot_zps39245d13.jpg

Close-up of front porch detailing of posts, and landscaping.
Screenshot-12_zps3205ef62.jpg

Ground floor, heading around the left side of the house:
Screenshot-13_zps40adfe1b.jpg

Left side, sort of angled to the front:
Screenshot-2_zpsd01e7534.jpg

Left side, angled to the rear:
Screenshot-4_zpsfc655dc1.jpg

Ah, here we go, I found a direct full on left side view! :D
Screenshot-3_zps4f03542b.jpg

Here's my backside... Does it look big? :shock:
Screenshot-5_zps6a9aac1f.jpg

And I'll just do one picture of the right side, even if I do have 3:
Screenshot-8_zpsf7f55ead.jpg

That brings us around full circle! Now I'm off to finish the inside, and all the outside touches! Thanks Ruthie, this was such a fabulous lesson! ZOO U never lets you down! :thumbup:

Thank you everyone for looking, any constructive criticisms are always welcome... like I said, I am always learning. :D
Post edited by priscapup on

Comments

• Options
    MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    edited December 2013
    Great googly-moogly!!! That turned out great!! Love how you did an angled front, as it adds to the house beautifully. Speaking of beautifully, loving the paint job! The colors are gorgeous, and I love the paint on the tower! :shock: While beautiful, the foundation paints kinda throw me, but hey, can't say much considering what I did. :mrgreen:

Oh and the arched columns on the angled wall, with the stained glass windows... Stunning! The initial landscaping is perfect, and even love the beginnings of the wisteria climbing the back left wall!

Well done! Quite looking forward to see what you are able to do on the inside! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thanks, Morakai! Yes, I have been trying all different paints on my foundation. I'm not stuck on that one either... I don't like the way it echoes my eaves. Forgot, not finished there yet, either. Still have little doodads I am going to stick on for deco purposes... Taryn Tempestwind made sure of that! I am a MOO addict, now. :D

ETA: Your paints came out fabulous! :wink:
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited December 2013
    Beautiful work. I love the colours you used. Great work :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thank Airis! I was just over on your thread, your house is Amazing, with a capital A!!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited December 2013
    Your house looks very nice! Very nice shades of colours you have used and how you have used them on the exterior looks very nice! It looks very nice the type of windows you have used and how you have placed them. The roofing looks great. Great covered over front porchway and the wrapround porch is very nice. It looks very nice how you have done the flowers.
    It is looking great! I will look forward to seeing updates of your home! :)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited December 2013
    It is truly gorgeous. For me, I'd make the route to front door curved, angled to one sidewalk section on either the right or the left. Does that make sense and I think I'd add fencing or half-walls to either side of the porch steps. Maybe some landscaping bushes or flowers would do the same thing - frame the stairs.

I agree on the foundation choice with an earlier poster. I love that for a choice for putting a foundation on top of the house, but find it unbalancing for the foundation. That's just me though.

Great job!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Your house looks very nice! Very nice shades of colours you have used and how you have used them on the exterior looks very nice! It looks very nice the type of windows you have used and how you have placed them. The roofing looks great. Great covered over front porchway and the wrapround porch is very nice. It looks very nice how you have done the flowers.
    It is looking great! I will look forward to seeing updates of your home! :-)

Rose, it is always so lovely to hear from you! Thank you for the lovely words! I'm going to start work inside, and fine tune and finish up outsides... I'll make sure to post more!
    ciane wrote:
    It is truly gorgeous. For me, I'd make the route to front door curved, angled to one sidewalk section on either the right or the left. Does that make sense and I think I'd add fencing or half-walls to either side of the porch steps. Maybe some landscaping bushes or flowers would do the same thing - frame the stairs.

I agree on the foundation choice with an earlier poster. I love that for a choice for putting a foundation on top of the house, but find it unbalancing for the foundation. That's just me though.

Great job!

Yes, makes sense... I still have lots of outside work to do! Currently I have it sitting on a 30x30 lot, but I need to move to a larger lot because I cannot get any out buildings on there. I want to at least get a detached garage. Think I will move it now, before I make any more changes. :wink:

Thanks for all the great comments and recommendations!
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited December 2013
    priscapup wrote:
    Thank Airis! I was just over on your thread, your house is Amazing, with a capital A!!

Thank you, sweetie :D But I think that you had a look while I was updating it. Now it´s finished !!! YAY :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    AIRIS6962 wrote:
    priscapup wrote:

Thank you, sweetie :D But I think that you had a look while I was updating it. Now it´s finished !!! YAY :D

Oh, fabulous! Can't wait to get my hands on it! :thumbup:
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited December 2013
    Prisca!!! WOW! :shock: :shock: That looks amazing! :D What a stunning victorian! I just adore the architecture. I can see some clever CASing too. Can't wait to see this in the exchange. This will be going in my favourites for sure. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    yanti68 wrote:
    Prisca!!! WOW! :shock: :shock: That looks amazing! :D What a stunning victorian! I just adore the architecture. I can see some clever CASing too. Can't wait to see this in the exchange. This will be going in my favourites for sure. :D

Wow, Yanti, what a compliment! I still have a long way to go, but thank you so much!
  • Options
    MarianSimssMarianSimss Posts: 59 Member
    edited December 2013
    Looks great!! Love how you did the siding on the exterior, and the colors palette used is smashing. Great work :-) :thumbup:
    akzxw0haknfw.gif
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    edited December 2013
    Yay!! Prisca is finally doing homework!!! :wink: ... and what fabulous work this is!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Love the front, the one side and the other side ... but especially the big backside of course!!! :lol:

Amazing exterior design and colour choice Miss Pris!!! :shock: ... Wish I could download and rec already!!

• Options
    samj6samj6 Posts: 750 Member
    edited December 2013
    It looks amazing, I love the angled wall at the front too. The exterior wallpaper looks great, I love it so far :D
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited December 2013
    Awesome little cottage! Love it :)

Can I ask how you built this: ?

Screenshot-15_zps2a25a6f7.jpg"width=640"

I am talking about the round roof, over the porch, bottom floor to the right hand side. It is round, and supported by columns! Which roof did you use? Whenever I use the octagonal roof, I get roofing INSIDE my house, lol :lol:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ezequiela wrote:
    Looks great!! Love how you did the siding on the exterior, and the colors palette used is smashing. Great work :-) :thumbup:

Thank you Ezequiela! I will try to get the insides to make sense. Moving to a larger lot first! Thanks for looking! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hidehi wrote:
    Yay!! Prisca is finally doing homework!!! :wink: ... and what fabulous work this is!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Love the front, the one side and the other side ... but especially the big backside of course!!! :lol:

Amazing exterior design and colour choice Miss Pris!!! :shock: ... Wish I could download and rec already!!

Woot! *shakes giant backside... shingles fall off* :oops: :lol:

Thank you Hidehi! I'm ready to see more of yours!!!! :hunf:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    samj6 wrote:
    It looks amazing, I love the angled wall at the front too. The exterior wallpaper looks great, I love it so far :D

Thank you, I picked up that trick from some of the amazing builders around here.
    *cough* taryn *cough* :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    YellowJane wrote:

I am talking about the round roof, over the porch, bottom floor to the right hand side. It is round, and supported by columns! Which roof did you use? Whenever I use the octagonal roof, I get roofing INSIDE my house, lol :lol:

Oh, don't mistake, I am not magic... there is still roofing inside the house. The trick to not seeing it is *drumroll* don't put any windows in that area. If you look at the pictures of the house I painted, I have windows at the top, and windows at the lowest level... mid-level is just paint. You can put windows, but you will see the roof through them. You just have to pick your battles, and live with it.
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited December 2013
    Prisca you're a funny girl, lol! I really get a kick out your little asides. :lol:

Your Victorian looks Fabulous. I Love the color choices for the exterior and the lovely design of this pretty home.

Sadly, I have missed Ruth's class and will now have to take the make up class by myself... Seriously, I am really looking forward to her lesson.

I am also looking forward to more pics of this little beauty. Very nicely done so far! :D
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited December 2013
    Prisca -- gorgeous Victorian. Very well executed. The style seems to be eluding me but I press on regardless.

You have captured the style and form well. Lovely build!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited December 2013
    priscapup wrote:
    YellowJane wrote:

Oh, don't mistake, I am not magic... there is still roofing inside the house. The trick to not seeing it is *drumroll* don't put any windows in that area. If you look at the pictures of the house I painted, I have windows at the top, and windows at the lowest level... mid-level is just paint. You can put windows, but you will see the roof through them. You just have to pick your battles, and live with it.

So is the space where the roof is inside the house usable space? Or does it become unroutable to the Simmies?
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    suepea wrote:
    priscapup wrote:
    YellowJane wrote:

So is the space where the roof is inside the house usable space? Or does it become unroutable to the Simmies?

Very useable. It is just that nasty thing where you can see the pointy roof through the windows from the outside... if you have windows. You get that with a lot of roofing of different sorts. Inside, you won't see any roof, or have any effects from it.
    suepea wrote:
    Prisca -- gorgeous Victorian. Very well executed. The style seems to be eluding me but I press on regardless.

Thank you Sue!! I think this style may be, um.... Queen Prisca! *shifty eyes*
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Prisca you're a funny girl, lol! I really get a kick out your little asides. :lol:

Your Victorian looks Fabulous. I Love the color choices for the exterior and the lovely design of this pretty home.

Sadly, I have missed Ruth's class and will now have to take the make up class by myself... Seriously, I am really looking forward to her lesson.

I am also looking forward to more pics of this little beauty. Very nicely done so far! :D

Thanks Cath! You will love the lesson, she makes it so easy! :D
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited December 2013
    priscapup wrote:
    suepea wrote:
    priscapup wrote:
    YellowJane wrote:

Very useable. It is just that nasty thing where you can see the pointy roof through the windows from the outside... if you have windows. You get that with a lot of roofing of different sorts. Inside, you won't see any roof, or have any effects from it.
    suepea wrote:

Thank you Sue!! I think this style may be, um.... Queen Prisca! *shifty eyes*

Ohh I see! So the roof doesn't affect them at all, and they can use the room and everything? Doesn't it become visible inside, or does it just vanish?
    I didn't know this! Thanks! :)