Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLOSED DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Start 7 Dec; Repeat 31 Jan

Comments

• Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm not sure if anyone is really following the deals right now, but does anyone know what set the Dazzling Disco Dome belongs to?

I can't seem to find it anywhere, but it's not on the list of Easy to Miss (single items) either. So confused. :(
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    chichinghuichichinghui Posts: 267 Member
    edited December 2013
    The Dazzling Disco Dome belongs to the Front Row Center Bedroom Set.
  • Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited December 2013
    kellycot1 wrote:
    I'm not sure if anyone is really following the deals right now, but does anyone know what set the Dazzling Disco Dome belongs to?

I can't seem to find it anywhere, but it's not on the list of Easy to Miss (single items) either. So confused. :(

I can't find it either, but I'd almost think it has to belong to something because it says I already own it. And I'm pretty certain I never bought it by itself. Strange.

Ah, here's a guy who knows his store stuff. :mrgreen:

Even weirder, I can't even search for the Front Row set. 'Front' comes up with nothing. I had to find it through Google.
  • Options
    BlackZanieBlackZanie Posts: 568 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I found it under misc. decor. :?:
    The description would have let me think it was a lighting item though :hunf:
    Anyone knows if it actually does something or if it's just a plain decor item like its categorization lets me suspect it is ?
  • Options
    TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited December 2013
    just a light, 15sp for 50sp off the set tho save 35sp+
  • Options
    albeitSTEPalbeitSTEP Posts: 160 New Member
    edited December 2013
    David, that store looks awesome! Just like a real department store (not that real department stores look awesome, but you know what I mean :P ).

Anyway, I need to get back to working on my schoolwork, which I wasn't working on previously, but should have been doing :oops: . Just a few more hours left in the semester... :D
  • Options
    Meg1626Meg1626 Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited December 2013
    KAT!! Thank you so very much for the gifts! I am SO very close on that set now :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Hi everyone! Had a cruddy day at work, some bad news really made it an emotional day, but the thread and chat have helped me take my mind off things. Now I will watch David's video for even more distraction

I hope everyone is having a good day/evening/night
  • Options
    TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Fortune's Folly Compilation *Completed*
  • Options
    moomoneySLmoomoneySL Posts: 93 Member
    edited December 2013
    If I place the Humble Harvest Stand on a residential lot, will I still get customers? I know that people said if you have the Savvy Seller stuff that even if you stick it on a residential lot, you have to throw parties to make sales. (That does give me an interesting idea for a sim that has "tupperware" parties. Why doesn't this game have dishes???)

This sweater is inspiring me to buy an empty lot for an eccentric weirdo. I can use the Drifters Desire set and some others to create an oddball self-employed gardening scheme for him.
  • Options
    emma78888emma78888 Posts: 240 Member
    edited December 2013
    That is a super lot Wallin, I don't think I could use it as I don't have the savvy seller or ITF but it looks wonderful! Great job!
  • Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    edited December 2013
    moomoneySL wrote:
    If I place the Humble Harvest Stand on a residential lot, will I still get customers? I know that people said if you have the Savvy Seller stuff that even if you stick it on a residential lot, you have to throw parties to make sales. (That does give me an interesting idea for a sim that has "tupperware" parties. Why doesn't this game have dishes???)

Although I have it, I haven't played with it yet so I can't help you there, sorry. But if it doesn't work on home lots, I thought you might be interested in the Produce Stand by ani on modthesims. Her stand does work on home lots, plus it can be used for other items besides fruit and veges :)

You can find it here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=512416
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thank you! It wasn't coming up for me on the item, and it wasn't ringing any bells for me.
    BlackZanie wrote:
    I found it under misc. decor. :?:
    The description would have let me think it was a lighting item though :hunf:
    Anyone knows if it actually does something or if it's just a plain decor item like its categorization lets me suspect it is ?
    Ahhh, this explains why I couldn't find it under lights! Misc Decor seems like an odd place to put a light, but then again, half of the things under that category belong elsewhere. One day, I'm going to teach myself how to recategorise things.

Now that my lighting dramas are solved, I have to add another person to my list of Snowflake Day thank yous: TigMagick! It was so kind of you to gift me another Country Livin' item, and that's brought my CYS down to 440sp on the compilation! And you're absolutely right about the free SimPoints; they seem like such a great way to gift others, without breaking the bank! I have my fingers crossed that they'll be bringing the ads to other countries soon, so we can all join in the free festivities! :D

You DD Stalkers are just the nicest people! Thank you ALL for being such a wonderful part of the community, and an extra big thanks to the Snowflake Day gifters! Happy (impending) Snowflake Day!

EDIT: Just wanted to congratulate David on an awesome lot! I watched your video this morning and it was so great seeing the lot up close, and your commentary was, at least for me, very insightful! I had always wondered about items doubling up on the Savvy Sellers Rugs, and now I know; also, thank you for the tip about changing the colour on them slightly. I thought mine just hated me, so I gave up trying to make them match my other flooring, but now I know that too! :)
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    AlXANDRA78AlXANDRA78 Posts: 46 Member
    edited December 2013
    kellycot1 wrote:
    I have my fingers crossed that they'll be bringing the ads to other countries soon, so we can all join in the free festivities! :D
    I don't really have my fingers crossed on that one, I know the changes for them implementing it for where I live are pretty slim, or more than pretty slim. But I am glad some people get to enjoy them, and even shares what they earn :thumbup:

A question for those who bought the tacky sweater, did it use stencils for the reindeer and snowmen, or did it actually come with pattern usable in other items as well?
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited December 2013
    Now:
    21 ) Washington's Fireplace Deluxe / 40 / 58 / 31% / 5 hours :?

Next:
    22 ) Dazzling Disco Dome / / 25 / / 8 hours
    23 ) Swingin' Sundress / / 75 / /
  • Options
    AlXANDRA78AlXANDRA78 Posts: 46 Member
    edited December 2013
    21 ) Washington's Fireplace Deluxe / 40 / 58 / 31% / 5 hrs (Full Regal Living Set)

Next up -

22 ) Dazzling Disco Dome 8h (Front Row Center Bedroom Set)
    23 ) Swingin' Sundress (Mid Century Modern Dining and Style Set)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    albeitSTEP wrote:
    David, that store looks awesome! Just like a real department store (not that real department stores look awesome, but you know what I mean :P ).
    emma78888 wrote:
    That is a super lot Wallin, I don't think I could use it as I don't have the savvy seller or ITF but it looks wonderful! Great job!
    kellycot1 wrote:
    Just wanted to congratulate David on an awesome lot! I watched your video this morning and it was so great seeing the lot up close, and your commentary was, at least for me, very insightful! I had always wondered about items doubling up on the Savvy Sellers Rugs, and now I know; also, thank you for the tip about changing the colour on them slightly. I thought mine just hated me, so I gave up trying to make them match my other flooring, but now I know that too! :)

Thanks all! And you're welcome! :D There are so many interesting things you can easily miss in the game, I'm always happy to share when I can.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    First, ANOTHER thank you to a kind DD Stalker: thank you, thank you, thank you bekkasan/Sandi for the Country Livin' item! My CYS is down to 380sp on the comp now and that dress will go so well with the one for Elders. We haven't really talked much on the forums, but I'm so fortunate to have you as a simming friend, and it was really sweet of you to help me out. A huge Happy Snowflake Day and Merry Simsmas to you too! :)

But, and I mean this sincerely, you guys really DON'T have to gift me! I don't know how I could possibly deserve anything, never mind all these little presents!

Geez Meg, see what you started? I thought I was a lifetime away from Country Livin' and now that chicken coop really might be mine for Snowflake Day. You DD Stalkers are a lovely, albeit slightly crazy, bunch (and I love you all)! :D

Anyway, deals... DAILY deals... how 'bout that Swingin' Sundress? :lol:

And oooh, after thought: I wonder what will come up this weekend for the new sales... I'm hoping something Roaring Heights themed, but I'm not even going to hold my breath for new items. Maybe, just maybe, we'll get something NEW! I'm kind of nervous they'll give us some terrible discounts, but I'll be all loopy from having my wisdom teeth out that I'll buy more SimPoints and then buy EVERYTHING. I actually had a nightmare about that last night! I think the Store is really getting to me. :P

Okay, sleep now. Good night (and good morning) everyone! :)
    a.k.a. Erin
  • Options
    moomoneySLmoomoneySL Posts: 93 Member
    edited December 2013
    moomoneySL wrote:
    This sweater is inspiring me to buy an empty lot for an eccentric weirdo. I can use the Drifters Desire set and some others to create an oddball self-employed gardening scheme for him.

Observations: The Drifter's Desire set is too expensive for starter sims. Also holy cow! My insane christmas sweater-wearing sim is making boatloads of cash gardening. No one visited my fruit and veggie stand at my house, but at the rate I'm gardening with the greenhouse premium content, I'll be able to buy my own greenhouse soon. If I had a stable of gardening plumbots, OMG!
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited December 2013
    David, love the Mall!
    I downloaded & rec'd!
    Thanks for taking the time to do this.
    I also saw most of your video. It gave me few ideas. :mrgreen:

BTW this is outside my window right now. There was nothing last night...It's still going.
    Not a great pic, but I'm on 2nd Floor & didn't want to go outside yet..it's coooooold out there! :lol:

330dwgm.jpg
  • Options
    ladysilver814ladysilver814 Posts: 373 Member
    edited December 2013
    Vivid Vineyard Floor Lamp 18 sp/ 25 sp/ 28% (Vineyard Villa Furnishings)
    Knitter Knights ? sp/ 75 sp/ ? % (None)
    Washington's Fireplace Deluxe ? sp / 58 sp/ ?% (Full Regal Living)

Edit: I wish the Washington's Fireplace Deluxe was only 8 sp!

How close are you to the set now??

OK, I did some calculations last night when I should have been grading (bad me, but these papers are disappointing) and what I really need is a sale on the subsets of Regal Living to really convince me to buy them - and if I buy the bedroom set/living room set and finish off the dining room set (which is the closest after the bathroom which has been done) then I can get the full set free or for 1sp. But that would require another Full Regal Living Set sale price of this or better - which probably wouldn't happen for a while now...

CYS Subset
    125 Full Regal Living Kitchen
    285 Full Regal Living Living Room Set
    260 Full Regal Living Bedroom Set
    0 Full Regal Living Bathroom Set
    115 Full Regal Living Dining Room Set

565 Full Regal Living Set

But only 30% off the fireplace doesn't get me fired up about getting it to try to finish off the living room set rather than the bedroom set. Here I was dreaming about waking up to a 40-50% sale on it... :?
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited December 2013
    Here I was dreaming about waking up to a 40-50% sale on it... :?

I am sorry to say, but there WAS a sale on the Regal FULL set. It was 556 Sale, not using any CYS.
    It was how I just got it on that Monday sale with the DD power deals.

I had owned some of the pieces,but not much, which was still way cheaper than the CYS I had on it at the time.

BE patient! A sale on it will help your CYS a LOT!!!!
  • Options
    ladysilver814ladysilver814 Posts: 373 Member
    edited December 2013
    Here I was dreaming about waking up to a 40-50% sale on it... :?

I am sorry to say, but there WAS a sale on the Regal FULL set. It was 556 Sale, not using any CYS.
    It was how I just got it on that Monday sale with the DD power deals.

I had owned some of the pieces,but not much, which was still way cheaper than the CYS I had on it at the time.

BE patient! A sale on it will help your CYS a LOT!!!!

Yeah, I'm kind of bummed I didn't look around more on the power deal sales last Monday. :/ I'll try to hold on to my patience and and see what I can get for free (since I don't want to have to buy more SPs). :)

Out of curiosity: is anyone here planning on going for the Sims 4? (I'm not since the improvements to building/CAS and added emotions of sims isn't enough to say it's a VAST improvement over the Sims 3; and I've already spent enough money accumulating Sims 3 stuff.)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Not a great pic, but I'm on 2nd Floor & didn't want to go outside yet..it's coooooold out there! :lol:

Eww, draw the curtains and pretend like you're in the tropics. I don't want to see that view now, I'm sure I'll have it myself in a week or two. :lol:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Out of curiosity: is anyone here planning on going for the Sims 4?

I'll buy it on launch and play around with it. I don't expect it to have everything that Sims 3 has, and I know features are missing, but I'm curious about what changes and improvements they'll make. I'm not going to judge now based on anythin they've said so far - there's a lot of time before it actually comes out, and I expect a lot of news to change. I'll wait until it's in my hands and on my computer before I decide how it compares to 3, regardless of how much store stuff I already own. ;)

Since Victoria asked me in the chat, I fully intend to do review and Let's Play videos of Sims 4 (while probably also still doing Sims 3 videos) so everyone can see what it's like and know exactly what they're not missing out on. :lol: As I told her, you can live vicariously through me / point and laugh at me for buying it. I don't expect Sims 4 to come even close to Sims 3 for at least a couple of years after it launches. So far the only interesting feature I know of is the mood thing, and from what I know, that's not gamebreaking enough on its own. The graphics only appears to be a minor jump so far, the building process does not seem all that different either. But I'm willing to try it at least, and am more than willing to answer questions and give honest opinions.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    PakaJynxPakaJynx Posts: 285 Member
    edited December 2013
    *tackle-hugs* Thank you for the dress, Kat!

Wow, that was a lot of pages for a day. :shock:

Does anyone know if retail versions of worlds are region free? I know one needs the same region of base game and EP for everything, but I've never bought a retail world to know exactly how one works.