Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play The Sims 3 to Win Big ~CONGRATS WINNERS~

Comments

• Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited December 2013
    If my sim gets a simbot or simplant or something like that, will that loose me the single parent bonus?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    When does the challenge end, when Zoe turns into a YA or after she graduates from University?
  • Options
    Meg1626Meg1626 Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited December 2013
    I have what might be a silly question: If my Sim has enough money, are they allowed to get plastic surgery? And/or if my game mods allow it, can I tweak facial features?

I am assuming the answer is no, but just wanted to see if this was an option. :-)

I'm getting there with my family now that I've had more time to play with them. I should start putting up pictures in a couple days. I will be using a separate thread as I think it will work better. Thanks again for such a great contest. I've played more in the past week than I have in months! :shock:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    This contest sure is fun :) I really enjoy it!! During the weekend I'll sort out pictures for the next chapters.
  • Options
    MMA_RebelMMA_Rebel Posts: 241 Member
    edited December 2013
    I edited my original post to add the link for Josh's memories.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/730444.page#11611237
    I'm still playing him and taking more pics. I think I'm doing this right if anyone care to take a look and let me know I'd really appreciate it.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    MMA_Rebel wrote:
    I edited my original post to add the link for Josh's memories.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/730444.page#11611237
    I'm still playing him and taking more pics. I think I'm doing this right if anyone care to take a look and let me know I'd really appreciate it.

Looks good to me! Although I did not see any custom made memories, but I don't think those are needed.

I noticed 1 picture is not working. You should check the coding. It looks like a ] is missing.

It looks like your sim is having a lot of fun.
  • Options
    MMA_RebelMMA_Rebel Posts: 241 Member
    edited December 2013
    illusie, thank you for letting me know about the picture. I fixed it. BTW, are we supposed to have special custom made memories? I didn't remember reading that. I'm not good at stories so I was glad that this was more for the memories.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    MMA_Rebel wrote:
    illusie, thank you for letting me know about the picture. I fixed it. BTW, are we supposed to have special custom made memories? I didn't remember reading that. I'm not good at stories so I was glad that this was more for the memories.

You are welcome!
    no it is not a must, but we can include them if we want. It was just something I observed :)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited December 2013
    Wow, I just looked through your memories SnowDove. They are great!
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited December 2013
    :( I'm sorry about this, I need to withdraw from the contest. It's getting really busy here and I don't have time to do it right now. Maybe another time I hope. Also all the entries are awesome. Thank you so much. Have a great holiday all. :)
    :) Smile!

• Options
    MSladyTSOMSladyTSO Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited December 2013
    Lissykin wrote:

@MSladyTSO: Your solution for getting Zoe and Krissy into the house is just fine. :) I added another lot after we began the competition, because I'd mistakenly assessed how much starting funds a single adult and tot would have. I'm happy you were able to work it out okay. :D

I played Zoe and Krissy for quite a few days (Sim days) until "real life" stuck it's nose in and disrupted me again! That has happened the last two contests I have tried to enter. If I get lucky, I might be able to finish - but I thought I should say something since it looks like I will most likely not be able to. Thank you for including me, though!

• Options
    VanessaVennerVanessaVenner Posts: 347 Member
    edited December 2013
    Just visiting to wish the remaining contestants the best of luck with this competition. I had the best time ever playing this through and are still continuing with Zoe and Krissy. Zoe's daughter was is now a child and takes so much after her mom and grandmother. Mortimer ended up as a food vendor at the winter festival.

Best of Christmas wishes.

Screenshot-7_zps911a2312.jpg"height=250""width=400"
  • Options
    oiswiseoiswise Posts: 482 Member
    edited December 2013
    Mortimer ended up as a food vendor at the winter festival.
    quote]

:mrgreen: Karma :mrgreen:

Zoe got an amazing parting gift from him. I'm sure she's better off with the way things turned out for her in your game!

• Options
    oiswiseoiswise Posts: 482 Member
    edited December 2013
    :( I had to drop out as I have to un and re install everything.

Great contest, good luck to everyone! Its been fun seeing how different people played things out in their games.

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season.
  • Options
    CaySedaiSimCaySedaiSim Posts: 581 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm sorry people are having to drop out. It's been fun playing this contest. I'm thinking of playing some of the other combinations after I'm done. I'm even trying to figure an interesting way to play with all of the sims in one household, but I haven't figured out a back story yet and I would have to build a house to accommodate everybody.

I'll be working on finishing up in the next couple of days.
    Member of the Own the Store Club! B)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    My game is going well. Zoe is now a YA and is attending University. I have already added the memories generated by the game to my entry thread. I hope soon I have time to work on the custom memories.

VanessaVenner, cute picture! Merry christmas to you too!

Aw so sad to see people drop out :(

• Options
    VanessaVennerVanessaVenner Posts: 347 Member
    edited December 2013
    Dear oiswise ...lol...agreed about Mortimer.Zoe did get the best part of him. So sad you are not continuing.Hugs and hope you have a peaceful Christmas.
    Dear CaySedaiSim great luck working out a back story. Have a great Christmas.
    Dear illusie thank you... have a great Christmas too... Good luck with Zoe. She really is a great sim to play. Love having her in my game. Can't wait to see how your Zoe turns out.
  • Options
    MommylandMommyland Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited December 2013
    Updated our little story Life of a single dad ~ Josh is a teen

original.jpg"height=250""width=400"
    Greeting Card :D

First time Snowboarding

I have found the greatest thing its snowboarding? have you tried it? So much fun

Josh Oakridge Became a Teen

When a child becomes a teen, it's time for the parental stress to go into overdrive!
    (So not sure why every time one of my boys grows to teen they end up in that outfit :? )
  • Options
    MommylandMommyland Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited December 2013
    Meg1626 wrote:
    I have what might be a silly question: If my Sim has enough money, are they allowed to get plastic surgery? And/or if my game mods allow it, can I tweak facial features?

I am assuming the answer is no, but just wanted to see if this was an option. :-)

I'm getting there with my family now that I've had more time to play with them. I should start putting up pictures in a couple days. I will be using a separate thread as I think it will work better. Thanks again for such a great contest. I've played more in the past week than I have in months! :shock:

I don't know, I know that you can change clothes hair and names but not sure about plastic surgery, but I think I read somewhere you could can't find it tho :?
  • Options
    LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,794 Member
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the entry MMA_Rebel. :mrgreen: Looking good! It looks like illusie already helped you (thanks illusie!!) but I'd like to reinforce that the custom memories aren't mandatory. It won't hurt your chances at a win if you haven't included any. :)

Hi illusie! You've been a busy little bee! :D:D:D In response to the plantsim/simbot question, yes, you'll lose the bonus. The challenge ends when you feel like Zoe is the best she can be. If that's after Uni, or before, or right when she ages up to a YA...it's totally up to you. However, the longer you play, the more opportunities for completing skill challenges and maxing skills which would certainly leave Zoe well rounded. :thumbup:

Puddinroy, thank you so much for trying! I appreciate your efforts. I knew this was a tricky time of year, and had hoped it wouldn't interfere too much with RL preparations and celebrations. The contest isn't over until the 29th, so if you think you'd like to enter using a link to your memories, I'll take that into consideration.

Hi Meg! :) Sorry, but no plastic surgery. :( However, once the contest is over, go nuts! lol

Dear O, I'm so sorry you have to un and reinstall everything! Boo! That's a daunting task this late in the series. Thank goodness the store downloads are faster now. Thanks for trying! *hugs*

MSladyTSO, I totally understand. :) If you've been using the in game memories, I'd be happy to take what you have achieved and use it for judging. Since the contestant pool isn't terribly large you never know...you could win a little something even without aging Zoe up the entire way. I just hate to see good play time go to waste. ;)

To everyone:
    Thank you so much for hanging in there with me! I know this contest is unique, and I've really loved looking through the window into your Sim lives. :)
    After this first run, I've learned a lot and have had a ton of fun....so I'm going to do something similar to this after the first of the year. It will have different and more defined parameters, so hopefully those that weren't able to finish up this time can join me in the upcoming fun! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    dawnrobdawnrob Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hello Lissy :0) Hello everyone ... Im soo sorry I have been missing from here ... I have been unbelieveable busy ... I have enjoyed looking though your sims memo's ..looks like you are all having sooo much fun ... I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas *hugs*

santa.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Lissykin wrote:
    Thanks for the entry MMA_Rebel. :mrgreen: Looking good! It looks like illusie already helped you (thanks illusie!!) but I'd like to reinforce that the custom memories aren't mandatory. It won't hurt your chances at a win if you haven't included any. :)

Hi illusie! You've been a busy little bee! :D:D:D In response to the plantsim/simbot question, yes, you'll lose the bonus. The challenge ends when you feel like Zoe is the best she can be. If that's after Uni, or before, or right when she ages up to a YA...it's totally up to you. However, the longer you play, the more opportunities for completing skill challenges and maxing skills which would certainly leave Zoe well rounded. :thumbup:

You are welcome for the help {hugs Lissy}

Haha, yes I have been busy playing with Zoe. She is soo fun to play with.
    If Zoe makes a simbot and sells it right away, then that won't loose me my bonus right?