Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course 12: Victorians 101--Guest Professor: ruthless_kk! Link to Lesson in Post One!

Comments

• Options
    jostubbsjostubbs Posts: 134 Member
    edited November 2013
    I would like to register, I haven't done one of these before. Not sure I will be able to make the 'live' session as I will probably still be asleep :mrgreen: Very excited!
    Twitter: AussiePlumbob
    Origin: AussiePlumbob
    Sims 3: jostubbs
  • Options
    KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    edited November 2013
    Register me!

I so wish I had of know about these classes earlier! Ah well better late than never right :)

Cant wait to learn some stuff from the very talented ruthless_kk
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited November 2013
    AWww! So glad everyone is interested! :D
    NO pressure whatsoever....yikes!

I have absolute confidence in you, Dearest Ruthy!

If it makes you feel any better, Taryn was absolutely convinced that we all signed up for her Zoo U class (MOO U) just so we could heckle her because most of us could already use MOO, but her class was one of the most-loved of all the courses we've ever had AND we behaved pretty well for her. Mostly. :D

I don't know -- I was sitting up in the front. But I do seem to remember some students sitting in the back and throwing Sour Babies.

:roll:

Like I said, wasn't me :mrgreen:

Seriously, ruthless, we are just so very happy that you are taking the time to put this together for us! I just finished my first attempt at a Victorian for the Holiday Exchange and hope it will live up to the one we learn to make in class.

Feel better, Zoo! Colds are a PITA.

Someone save me a front row seat, please!

Sue Pea
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited November 2013
    AIRIS6962 wrote:
    I'm so excited about this!!! :D Just a few days ago I was telling my hubby that I had never tried to make a Victorian house, because only build what I see and have seen in Spain not Victorians. So I need to learn !!! :D

The only problem is the time :? I´ve done the calculation and it´ll begin at 23.00 p.m here :(
    I hope not to fall asleep during class, it would be terrible !!! :oops: ( Or hilarious, as you look :roll: :XD: ) Well, I'll put caffeine in vein for the occasion :mrgreen:

Big hugs :D

NO worries! The info will be available to work through at your own pace and if you run into problems or have questions, just snap a picture and post it on the thread. I will be checking it daily to land a hand, so you will get an answer pretty quickly. :D
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited November 2013

If it makes you feel any better, Taryn was absolutely convinced that we all signed up for her Zoo U class (MOO U) just so we could heckle her because most of us could already use MOO, but her class was one of the most-loved of all the courses we've ever had AND we behaved pretty well for her. Mostly. :D

Firstly Zoo, I really hope you feel better again soon! There's a nasty cold virus that lasts quite a bit longer than the usual one, going around, and it leaves you with a lingering cough for a few weeks.

Secondly, about Taryn's heckling.... I seem to recall a few incidents with some sour patch kids??? I hope poor Ruthie doesn't have to go through any of that nonsense!
  • Options
    MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    edited November 2013
    :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ummm.... If I asked to be registered, but am physically unable to do the work while the class is going on, Can I still lurk & ask questions?

I hope to be healed by the 23rd, but I don't think my shoulder/arm is going to comply without force (surgery I am avoiding, hope PT will help instead). I can build, slowly, with the help of a pencil, but switching back & forth by be a bit much for me. :oops: :cry:

So will it be ok?
  • Options
    BeasleyQ2BeasleyQ2 Posts: 154 Member
    edited November 2013
    I'd like to register please.
    I've been a lurker for a while now (as is evidenced by how my builds have been improving with each lesson I read lol)
    But I just have to step forward for this class.

My first download was by Ruthless and I was both overwhelmed and inspired by her beautiful work!

I also may not be able to attend during the actual time set but will definitely be able to view/post later that day or the next.

Thank you to everyone involved for putting this opportunity together for us!
  • Options
    friendsfan36friendsfan36 Posts: 6,715 New Member
    edited November 2013
    i always wanted to learn to build victorians.i've missed 11 classes my computer doesn't always do what i tell it. like a toddler it can be stubborn.
  • Options
    SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited November 2013
    I just saw this on your blog, ruthless! You're perfect for teaching this style.
    Giving this a little bump :D
  • Options
    KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    edited November 2013
    I am going to share this over at LivngSims. i am sure there will be some of our members very interested in this course.
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited November 2013
    AIRIS6962 wrote:
    I'm so excited about this!!! :D Just a few days ago I was telling my hubby that I had never tried to make a Victorian house, because only build what I see and have seen in Spain not Victorians. So I need to learn !!! :D

The only problem is the time :? I´ve done the calculation and it´ll begin at 23.00 p.m here :(
    I hope not to fall asleep during class, it would be terrible !!! :oops: ( Or hilarious, as you look :roll: :XD: ) Well, I'll put caffeine in vein for the occasion :mrgreen:

Big hugs :D

If you fall asleep you can still see the whole class when you wake up, and Zoo U threads are monitored forever (or as long as this site is available), so if you post a question even after the "live" portion of the class is long past you can expect an answer!

jostubbs wrote:
    I would like to register, I haven't done one of these before. Not sure I will be able to make the 'live' session as I will probably still be asleep :mrgreen: Very excited!

Welcome to Zoo U! I will add your name to the class roster right away!

oow785m
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Kementari wrote:
    Register me!

I so wish I had of know about these classes earlier! Ah well better late than never right :)

Cant wait to learn some stuff from the very talented ruthless_kk

Hi, Kementari! I'm glad you've found us now, but realize that ALL the previous classes are still available. Go to post one of this thread and find the link to the Zoo U Master Thread and it has all the links for all the courses.

If you post a question, even months after the class is over, you can rest assured that you will get an answer (I monitor all Zoo U threads religiously).

Welcome to Zoo U!

oow785m
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    suepea wrote:

I don't know -- I was sitting up in the front. But I do seem to remember some students sitting in the back and throwing Sour Babies.

:roll:

Like I said, wasn't me :mrgreen:

Seriously, ruthless, we are just so very happy that you are taking the time to put this together for us! I just finished my first attempt at a Victorian for the Holiday Exchange and hope it will live up to the one we learn to make in class.

Feel better, Zoo! Colds are a PITA.

Someone save me a front row seat, please!

Sue Pea

Firstly Zoo, I really hope you feel better again soon! There's a nasty cold virus that lasts quite a bit longer than the usual one, going around, and it leaves you with a lingering cough for a few weeks.

Secondly, about Taryn's heckling.... I seem to recall a few incidents with some sour patch kids??? I hope poor Ruthie doesn't have to go through any of that nonsense!

First, thanks, dear friends, for the well-wishes. While I am still obnoxiously coughing if I exert myself to the point of walking across the room (or sitting still or lying down, etc.) I am starting to feel better and hope that means that I am on the mend!

Second, TATTLETALES! Why would you tell Ruthy about my... er... about SOMEONE'S throwing of Sour Patch Kids candies at Taryn when she turned around to write on the board? Uh... I mean... NO ONE THREW ANYTHING... what are Sour Patch Kids?

oow785m
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Morakai wrote:
    :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ummm.... If I asked to be registered, but am physically unable to do the work while the class is going on, Can I still lurk & ask questions?

I hope to be healed by the 23rd, but I don't think my shoulder/arm is going to comply without force (surgery I am avoiding, hope PT will help instead). I can build, slowly, with the help of a pencil, but switching back & forth by be a bit much for me. :oops: :cry:

So will it be ok?

It is perfectly fine!

I ask people to register because, well, it's fun since it is more like a real class, AND it lets the teacher see who is likely in her audience, AND every person who registers bumps our course thread and helps more people to hear about our class.

Hope PT works for you! Good Luck!

Zoo
    BeasleyQ2 wrote:
    I'd like to register please.
    I've been a lurker for a while now (as is evidenced by how my builds have been improving with each lesson I read lol)
    But I just have to step forward for this class.

My first download was by Ruthless and I was both overwhelmed and inspired by her beautiful work!

I also may not be able to attend during the actual time set but will definitely be able to view/post later that day or the next.

Thank you to everyone involved for putting this opportunity together for us!

WELCOME! So glad you decided to stop lurking and what a lovely thing to say about Zoo U improving your building skills!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    i always wanted to learn to build victorians.i've missed 11 classes my computer doesn't always do what i tell it. like a toddler it can be stubborn.

No worries, the Zoo U Master Thread has the links to all the classes. You can take a class months after it was "live" and still go through the lessons and still post your questions on the course thread. It may take me a day or two, but you WILL get an answer!

The link to the Zoo U Master Thread is in post one of this thread.

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited November 2013

TOTALLY agree, Ruthy is perfect for this class!

By the way, I tried to post about this course on your Sim Page, but I think it may only have posted it on my own page instead. I had some technical problems when I tried to get it to post.

Thanks for all your support for Zoo U and thanks for the thread bumpage!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Kementari wrote:
    I am going to share this over at LivngSims. i am sure there will be some of our members very interested in this course.

THANK YOU! Please share the link with anyone you think might be interested. The more the merrier! :mrgreen:
    oow785m
  • Options
    Mannagurl4everMannagurl4ever Posts: 220 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Register me please. I won't be able to make the live session becuz I will be in nursing school all day. and I will try and keep up with everything but nursing school has lots of homework.

By the way I love all of Ruthie's Victorian houses and have downloaded quite a few, including her Victorian world. :mrgreen: I make a pretty good Victorian but have a tough time with the outside painting and roofs (Gosh I hate the roofing part) So looking forward to this class.

P.s. will have to go back to previous classes. :lol:
  • Options
    friendsfan36friendsfan36 Posts: 6,715 New Member
    edited November 2013
    sign me up.

• Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited November 2013
    HI Zoo!

Hope you are feeling better. I am sure being sick is the last thing you need right now.....hang in there hon :)

Would you please add this to the "a note from your teacher" section?

1) Many of the techniques covered in the Roofing 101 class I did last summer will come into play for this class. If you have the time, it might be a good idea to review that info here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/527220.page

2) Do NOT worry if you cant show up for the class. The info is presented in a way that should allow you to work at your own pace. You can always post questions ( with pictures please! :) ) on the thread at any time and I will be checking back and following up. So no worries if you are busy that day....the class will wait for you :)

3) I happen to like Sour Patch Kids. But not at 30 MPH....so if they are going to be lobbed in class, do it gently so I have a chance to catch a few. :D
  • Options
    KrumbalinaKrumbalina Posts: 79 Member
    edited November 2013
    Register ME!!!
  • Options
    SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited November 2013

By the way, I tried to post about this course on your Sim Page, but I think it may only have posted it on my own page instead. I had some technical problems when I tried to get it to post.

Zoo

LOL no worries - I got your message! Sorry I got to it a little late.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Mannagurl4ever, friendsfan36, and Krumbalina:

Welcome to Zoo U! You are all on the class roster and I'm so glad you will be a part of our class!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    HI Zoo!

Hope you are feeling better. I am sure being sick is the last thing you need right now.....hang in there hon :)

Would you please add this to the "a note from your teacher" section?

1) Many of the techniques covered in the Roofing 101 class I did last summer will come into play for this class. If you have the time, it might be a good idea to review that info here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/527220.page

2) Do NOT worry if you cant show up for the class. The info is presented in a way that should allow you to work at your own pace. You can always post questions ( with pictures please! :) ) on the thread at any time and I will be checking back and following up. So no worries if you are busy that day....the class will wait for you :)

3) I happen to like Sour Patch Kids. But not at 30 MPH....so if they are going to be lobbed in class, do it gently so I have a chance to catch a few. :D

DONE! And I'm feeling much better, thank you!

P.S.
    Don't believe the spurious accusations of a few fellow MOO U classmates-- no one can prove anything regarding the alleged and so-called "Sour Patch Kids Incident".
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Zoo

LOL no worries - I got your message! Sorry I got to it a little late.

No problem! From my point of view you got it just in time! :mrgreen:
    oow785m

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top