Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course 12: Victorians 101--Guest Professor: ruthless_kk! Link to Lesson in Post One!

1121314151618...Next

Comments

• EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited February 2014
    emilzydiva wrote:
    Sorry i haven't done much to the house :oops:

I've just been really busy and I've lost my creative touches, i need inspiration!

Whenever you get time to do it, then please post on this thread to let us know! There is no rush, art takes time. :mrgreen:

I'm actually having problems uploading at the moment and that has put me off creating things for a long time :oops: :oops: I remembered just today about it when my friend said she was creating a house, i will go in game and try and get it finish, i know, the new lesson is up and it's awfully late :oops: :oops:
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited February 2014
    emilzydiva wrote:
    Oh and is there a homework thread banner yet?

Hmm... I'm not sure just what you are talking about. Is this something that was discussed that I have forgotten (COMPLETELY believable, by the way!) or is this just something that you are suggesting?

I could see having a thread banner that says "Zoo U Homework". I could work with the existing thread banners to come up with something like that. Do you think people would like to put those banners on their homework threads?

I was thinking we might need a Zoo U student siggy of some sort, too. :mrgreen:

I mentioned quite a while ago about a homework banner for our homework threads but no worries! I think people would really like a homework banner for their homework threads!
  • smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited February 2014
    omg if ever there was a course I needed, this is it.
    I really want to go back to the beginning and take all the courses. I feel like I know "some" things but would like to know them all. I just need to find more time. every time I think "oh good, things are slowing down. now I can do ____!" something else happens and I end up working 2 jobs or getting a puppy...or both...
  • ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited February 2014
    omg if ever there was a course I needed, this is it.
    I really want to go back to the beginning and take all the courses. I feel like I know "some" things but would like to know them all. I just need to find more time. every time I think "oh good, things are slowing down. now I can do ____!" something else happens and I end up working 2 jobs or getting a puppy...or both...

LOL! I know JUST how you feel about thinking things are slowing up and then getting a new something added to your plate!

The good thing about these courses is that you can take them at your own pace as you have the time. Even the classes where I was confident that I knew the topic WELL still taught me things. I learned things even in the classes that I taught myself.

If January hadn't been SO hectic at work I would have tried to set up a new live course. We haven't had one in a few months.

Zoo
    oow785m
  • smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited February 2014
    I think if the next one is in May I should have time!! I've never been able to do the Live Course, even when I try to set aside time for it! *woe*

I have a list of things to accomplish in Sims. one list for building, one for playing. top of the list for building is to finish my WIPs that have been WIPs for a year (doesn't help I took 6 months off from building...) and I'm not sure if I want to do Zoo U before that, or after it.

have you thought about honorary degrees for people who complete all the courses? how much fun would that be?!
    edited February 2014
    I think if the next one is in May I should have time!! I've never been able to do the Live Course, even when I try to set aside time for it! *woe*

I have a list of things to accomplish in Sims. one list for building, one for playing. top of the list for building is to finish my WIPs that have been WIPs for a year (doesn't help I took 6 months off from building...) and I'm not sure if I want to do Zoo U before that, or after it.

have you thought about honorary degrees for people who complete all the courses? how much fun would that be?!

OMG, I LOVE the idea of a degree! I should look into that--- when I next have time, which might also be May! :mrgreen:
    oow785m
  • samj6samj6 Posts: 750 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi everyone :D I've been able to finish my victorian (cc free) this week and have just uploaded it :D

To download - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8023385

For pics - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/729705.page#11773727

sLRsnH0l.jpg
    edited February 2014
    samj6 wrote:
    Hi everyone :D I've been able to finish my victorian (cc free) this week and have just uploaded it :D

To download - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8023385

For pics - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/729705.page#11773727

sLRsnH0l.jpg

GREAT JOB!!! This is beautiful and I'm off to Rec it right now and look at your photos.

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited February 2014
    GREAT JOB!!! This is beautiful and I'm off to Rec it right now and look at your photos.

Zoo

Thank you so much, Zoo :mrgreen:
    edited March 2014
    You are very welcome!

HEADS UP TO ALL ZOO UERS:

TARYN IS GOING TO BE TEACHING ANOTHER CLASS SOON--- WATCH CREATIVE CORNER FOR MORE INFORMATION!!
    oow785m
  • jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited March 2014
    Taryn is going to do another Zoo U class? YAY. I am so excited! I cannot wait!
    edited March 2014
    jenny0786 wrote:
    Taryn is going to do another Zoo U class? YAY. I am so excited! I cannot wait!

She IS! She is going to teach a class on using the terrain tools (which she is a master at using) and I can't wait to be one of the students in her class.

It will likely be early May, but it is worth the wait! :D
    oow785m
    edited March 2014

She IS! She is going to teach a class on using the terrain tools (which she is a master at using) and I can't wait to be one of the students in her class.

I like the sounds of this class! I can really use help in that area :D YAY! I am so looking forward to it. I will keep an eye out here and on your page for any new info that may come along :D
    edited March 2014
    jenny0786 wrote:

I like the sounds of this class! I can really use help in that area :D YAY! I am so looking forward to it. I will keep an eye out here and on your page for any new info that may come along :D

Jenny,

I know, I'm really anxious to see what T can show us. To be honest, I think I have a really good grasp on the terrain tools, BUT I have learned from past Zoo U courses that even things that I already felt comfortable with end up kicked up a notch when one of my friends teaches a class in it.

The MOO U class that T taught is a perfect example. I love MOO and I use it all the time, and I did BEFORE her class, but AFTER her class... OMG, it is night and day! There are so many things that I hadn't thought of in just the way that she had and I am a better builder because of it.

The same with Ruthy's classes on Victorians and her Roofing 101 course--- I could already build Vics and I am pretty good with the roofing tool, but Ruthy made me think of things in a new way and it made a huge difference in the way I approach both of these now.

More to come soon on T's next class!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi everyone! Yes, if you will have me, I will teach another class. I thought I had a date in mind, but this last weekend threw us for a loop, and everything is behind because of it. I have to go back and look at the calendar at work and check my Saturdays off. What do you think about haing it on a Sunday!

Are Saturdays or Sundays better?
    edited March 2014
    Hi everyone! Yes, if you will have me, I will teach another class. I thought I had a date in mind, but this last weekend threw us for a loop, and everything is behind because of it. I have to go back and look at the calendar at work and check my Saturdays off. What do you think about haing it on a Sunday!

Are Saturdays or Sundays better?

In the past when we've asked students most of them seem to favor Saturday (lots of people have church and/or family commitments on Sunday), BUT having said that, we will take a Taryn class whenever YOU have time to do one, T. It that means a Sunday class then that is what we will do.

Here's hoping your basement has dried out!

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited March 2014
    Zoo and T; I am looking forward to this next course. If it is held on a Sunday I most likely wont be there for the "live" segment; but I will still be doing it! T; I am sorry to hear about this trouble that you have been having. It seems that 2014 is just a year for troubles. :( On another note; this course will come in handy; as I really need it. I have started attempting to create some kind of modern build. LOL. Here is a link to what I mean. LINK
    edited March 2014
    jenny0786 wrote:
    Zoo and T; I am looking forward to this next course. If it is held on a Sunday I most likely wont be there for the "live" segment; but I will still be doing it! T; I am sorry to hear about this trouble that you have been having. It seems that 2014 is just a year for troubles. :( On another note; this course will come in handy; as I really need it. I have started attempting to create some kind of modern build. LOL. Here is a link to what I mean. LINK

I looked at your link and it seems like you have a good start to something there. It definitely adds an extra challenge when you play with different elevations, but it can also add some really cool effects.

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited March 2014
    Thank you Zoo for the feedback and also for that lovely surprise awaiting me in my gifts :D You are very sneaky :) After looking at my wip again; I have decided that I need to tear it down and restart so the edge of the terrain isnt right at the edge of the lot; so I can place flowers or whatever there; and I may change it from my original modern to something else. lol.
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited March 2014
    I will have the class on a Saturday, but I'll have to search my work calendar ahead a bit and see when I can do this....stay tuned!

Jenny, hold that thought! I will be addressing levels and basements/ garages like you are making with that modern. I promise I will show you how to get a flowing terrain to work with that type of house.
    edited March 2014
    Jenny, hold that thought! I will be addressing levels and basements/ garages like you are making with that modern. I promise I will show you how to get a flowing terrain to work with that type of house.

:D I will just set the save off to the side and keep it on the warmer until the class :)
    edited March 2014
    jenny0786 wrote:

:D I will just set the save off to the side and keep it on the warmer until the class :)

JENNY: That's a good idea. Even if I am thinking I MIGHT restart a build, until I have a finished version I like I will save the false starts with different names so that I can go back and change my mind if I want to. And you are welcome on the gifting front (sneaky is my middle name). :D

TARYN: I did a build that had both as "old style" basement and "new style" basement levels using the basement tool. My "old" version was a walk-out style with garage doors that opened into a slanted driveway. As I recall this was a challenging building problem. If you would like to mention this (and you certainly do NOT have to) during the course of your lesson and don't wish to build a whole lot to show the results, you can use my lot and the pictures I took of it. Just let me know if you want them.

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited March 2014
    This sounds awesome, I'm looking forward to this class :D
    edited March 2014
    I'm just commenting so that I have the most recent post. I check the Zoo U threads to insure that I have the most recent post so that I can tell at a glance if someone has a question on a course thread. Please only comment back if you have a question on this course OR on Zoo U in general.

ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ARE IMPORTANT. This is not meant to discourage questions, it is meant to make sure that I don't miss a question! :mrgreen:

Zoo
    oow785m

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top