Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course 12: Victorians 101--Guest Professor: ruthless_kk! Link to Lesson in Post One!

Comments

• Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited November 2013
    Register me, please!

I've always loved Victorians...and I've always been fantastically horrible at creating them! :lol: And I agree, I can't think of anyone better to teach this one!
  • gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited November 2013
    ooh me. Pick me. I want to join. That is if my family does not get in the way.LOL.
    Me
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSV1V-u4Qgr_GDmtuFb3IcxkoLSbuvmFrMlcBsK0AG9VaPNmx7ygg
  • aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited November 2013
    Please register me!
    I'm a bit under the weather lately so I might be one of those doing it slowly, but there is no way I'm missing this.
    (ps. Zoo, I hope you feel better, too!)
  • ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited November 2013
    Register me, please!

I've always loved Victorians...and I've always been fantastically horrible at creating them! :lol: And I agree, I can't think of anyone better to teach this one!

Welcome to Zoo U! You are now on the class roster and we'll see you on the 23rd!

gngrsnp wrote:
    ooh me. Pick me. I want to join. That is if my family does not get in the way.LOL.
    Me
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSV1V-u4Qgr_GDmtuFb3IcxkoLSbuvmFrMlcBsK0AG9VaPNmx7ygg

Hi, Cookie! I PICK YOU! :mrgreen:

aminovas wrote:
    Please register me!
    I'm a bit under the weather lately so I might be one of those doing it slowly, but there is no way I'm missing this.
    (ps. Zoo, I hope you feel better, too!)

Hi, Ami! I am sorry to hear that you are under the weather! I am feeling MUCH better today, so I hope that you will be well very soon, too!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • xenacullenxenacullen Posts: 3,474 Member
    edited November 2013

Hi Ruth,how are you doing?
    Can you Register Me please?
  • RayshizzieRayshizzie Posts: 2,650 Member
    edited November 2013
    I will give this a go and register but I always seem to miss class too late and end up having to take it on my own so I will try and make it on time this time around! Just wanted to let you know in advance in case I end up coming too late for this lesson too!

Also, I'm going to do the roofing lesson tomorrow, since I was going to do it anyways and it will be useful to do in advance for this lesson. Plus I'm in some serious need of roofing help with my builds lol.

Edit: to make it official and say "Register me please"
  • friendsfan36friendsfan36 Posts: 6,715 New Member
    edited November 2013
    i get to take the live class. no plans til a week from monday.
    edited November 2013
    xenacullen wrote:

I have you on the class roster, Xena! Welcome to Zoo U!
    Rayshizzie wrote:
    I will give this a go and register but I always seem to miss class too late and end up having to take it on my own so I will try and make it on time this time around! Just wanted to let you know in advance in case I end up coming too late for this lesson too!

Also, I'm going to do the roofing lesson tomorrow, since I was going to do it anyways and it will be useful to do in advance for this lesson. Plus I'm in some serious need of roofing help with my builds lol.

Hopefully things will work out and you can be with us this time, BUT the beauty of it is that you CAN do it at your own pace and at your own time! :mrgreen:

Excellent! We'll see you there!

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited November 2013
    I believe that our class roster is up to date. If anyone was left off, PLEASE accept my apology and let me know so that I can fix it!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • xenacullenxenacullen Posts: 3,474 Member
    edited November 2013
    xenacullen wrote:

I have you on the class roster, Xena! Welcome to Zoo U!
    Rayshizzie wrote:

Hopefully things will work out and you can be with us this time, BUT the beauty of it is that you CAN do it at your own pace and at your own time! :mrgreen:

Excellent! We'll see you there!

Zoo

Thank you so much Zoo,i'm so happy to be here.
  • tayloremxxtayloremxx Posts: 543 Member
    edited November 2013
    Register me, Zoo! Hopefully I'll be able to make it on time!!

:)
  • CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    edited November 2013
    Register me as well, please! I need HELP with those darn Victorian roofs!
  • BambooEaterrrBambooEaterrr Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited November 2013
    OOOOH VICTORIANS!! :D I've recently started building them and have a ton of books filled with pictures, floorplans and elevations, but the Queen Anne Victorians I have no clue how to do lol :P I'm assuming it's gonna be a Queen Anne Victorian house weøre gonna build, since they're toughest with their rooflines and turrets etc :b

REGISTER ME PLEASE :D This is going to be great!
  • ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited November 2013
    OOOOH VICTORIANS!! :D I've recently started building them and have a ton of books filled with pictures, floorplans and elevations, but the Queen Anne Victorians I have no clue how to do lol :P I'm assuming it's gonna be a Queen Anne Victorian house weøre gonna build, since they're toughest with their rooflines and turrets etc :b

Yes...we are going to do a Queen Anne. I suspect that is what most people think of when they hear "Victorian house", even though there are really many styles of Victorian....and it is one of the more complicated styles, so if you can get it down, the others should be easier. :D
    edited November 2013
    tayloremxx wrote:
    Register me, Zoo! Hopefully I'll be able to make it on time!!

:)

You're registered! I hope you can make it, too!
    Register me as well, please! I need HELP with those darn Victorian roofs!

That is the trickiest part! Make sure you look at Ruthy's Roofing 101 course first (see the "Note for Your Teacher" post on this thread for the link) as that will give you a huge leg up on roofing.

I think you have roofing challenges and turrets for ALL Vics, not just the Queen Anne. No matter what Ruthy shows us, it will be of help in doing whatever Vic you are looking to build, I'm sure! :mrgreen:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WELCOME TO ZOO U! You are all now on the course roster.

Zoo
    oow785m
  • jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited November 2013
    PLEASE REGISTER ME! I am so glad that I got online today. I am excited about a new Zoo U :D
  • AtgameAtgame Posts: 9 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Please Register Me! Thanks!
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited November 2013
    Ok, i think i'll give this a bash! I'm not sure what time i'll have at points but i'll try me best to build a Victorian house! I look forward to learning some tips :D:D I'll definitely look for lessons on anything else i may need help with as i build a home :D
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited November 2013
  • KOCHIE1210KOCHIE1210 Posts: 50 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Whew, good timing on this class! I was just about to build a Victorian but, frankly, I'm not very good at them :oops:

Register me, s'il vous plait!
  • BambooEaterrrBambooEaterrr Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited November 2013

Yes...we are going to do a Queen Anne. I suspect that is what most people think of when they hear "Victorian house", even though there are really many styles of Victorian....and it is one of the more complicated styles, so if you can get it down, the others should be easier. :D

Yay, so glad we're doing a Queen Anee Victorian! :D I'm currently building a Victorian farmhouse and your lessons on roofing saved me lol :b It was a lot of work to make it look exactly right! And yes, there are an almost ridiculous amount of Victorian styles and most of them cross over to make it extra difficult to classify a home. Did you for instance know that Queen Annes and Queen Anne Victorians are two different styles? Those that are simply called Queen Anne are from the UK and much more simple (as is most European architectural styles in comparison to American ones. They rely so heavily on symmetry in many European countries like Denmark, France and England).
    Okaayy! Enough geek talk from me lol :lol:
    Btw I wanted to dl the practice lots from your Roofing session, but it seems they're no longer available?

I think you have roofing challenges and turrets for ALL Vics, not just the Queen Anne. No matter what Ruthy shows us, it will be of help in doing whatever Vic you are looking to build, I'm sure! :mrgreen:

Very true, I just learned that with my Victorian farmhouse lol! It took me such a long time to get it right, but skimming through ruthless' roofing lessons helped a lot! I'm sure it will, the courses I've done so far have helped me become a better builder in many ways! I find myself thinking, "Hey! How did I know how to do that?" about little things here and there and then realize I picked it up while doing a course on something else lol :b
  • priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited November 2013
    REGISTER ME!!!! :shock:

Please? I haven't been around much lately, but will try to make sure I am here for this! I won't bore you with the details, but I'll be sure and make it here. :D

Glad to hear you are better Zoo. Now you get better Ami!

A little piece of trivia: the very first ZOO U class I stumbled into was Ruthie's Roofing class. It was already going on, but I asked to be registered anyway. I didn't openly participate much, but I did the exercises, and I still go back to that one whenever I have problems with roofing. I went from there back to the first ZOO U class, and followed all of them. I have never looked back, and never regretted it. Love this place, and what you all give to us! Thank you! :mrgreen:
  • RayshizzieRayshizzie Posts: 2,650 Member
    edited November 2013
    Just wanted to say I finished up the basic roof lesson and found it so very helpful. I still can't believe I never knew there was an individual roof pitch section tool lol! Now if only there was an individual roof pattern tool but hey, I'm not gunna complain I'm super excited about this new discovery :lol: Awesome lesson, and also I always wondered what the half gable roof was about and that was another of my many "ah, now I get it!" moments :D
    edited November 2013
    jenny0786 wrote:
    PLEASE REGISTER ME! I am so glad that I got online today. I am excited about a new Zoo U :D

DONE! I'm excited about it, too, Jenny!
    oow785m
    edited November 2013
    Atgame wrote:
    Please Register Me! Thanks!

You're registered! Welcome to Zoo U!
    oow785m

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights