Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anime charcters on the sims 3.

Comments

• Options
    Taylor0628Taylor0628 Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited August 2009
    Well, anime characters have always been hard to make with sims. Especially now that they look so much more realistic.
  • Options
    StrawberrySwirlStrawberrySwirl Posts: 1,218 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Darkslayer wrote:
    You could always try to make them more realistic, just keep the defined characteristics of the character. Like...

Let's say, Kakashi from Naruto, he has droopy eyes....(the worst possible example of character I could have picked: his whole face is covered!)

Okay, let me try again XD

.......can't think of any. But like, the nose, the cheekbones... don't know, just don't try to make it EXACTLY the way it is drawn. :)

I know what you mean. My first attempts were downright awful because I made them look TOO much like the reference pictures I was working from so they just looked freaky. I must admit my sims still look more on the anime side than what could be considered normal but part of that is just my style - I've made them that way ever since TS2 ^_^; but I try to focus on exagerating one feature rather than all of them.

I kind of see what YOU mean and it's good, it resembles the character! But I need to try making one myself so that I can totally see what you guys mean XD I will try it in just a minute when I turn my game on :P I will come back if successful! :P :P
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited August 2009
    I look forward to seeing it ^^ there aren't enough anime sims on the exchange and it doesn't help that the search function is broken.

I know it's broken because all my sims have the title of the anime in the name and the search either doesn't bring them up or just brings up the more recent ones. It's rather annoying when I'm trying to look at what other people have done.
  • Options
    nicelongsleepnicelongsleep Posts: 463 New Member
    edited August 2009
    luviedubie wrote:
    I had a idea i was looking at things online and i noticed that the sims 2 has anime characters i was wondering if we would ever have the chnce to download some for the sims 3. If anyone agrees just leave a comment if alot of people comment i will make a petition like thing. so thnks.

Thanks alot,
    Daysha- Keep on siming.

As a lot of graphic novel/animated characters have been remade as "live" (Battle Royale, Blood: The Last Vampire, Hana Yori Dango, Sin City, Tank Girl, & they're now even making Cowboy Bebop & Neon Genesis Evangelion...cue a big Anime style "HUUUUUUH?"), why not go with the existing parameters and try to recreate them within the game as such?

If the Cosplayers can do it, why not you?

If anything, it will give you an idea of what those trying to make the live versions are up against. :wink:
  • Options
    LadyDaisyLadyDaisy Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    :shock: I would love Anime characters, I was wondering if anyone could design me some Naruto characters!!
  • Options
    CandyspookieCandyspookie Posts: 372 New Member
    edited August 2009
    MoreOrLess wrote:
    mcgillvy wrote:
    I am in love with all of the Bleach characters. In fact, I just finished watching Bleach 229 tonight. It was awesome.

You should know that your singy made me start watching Bleach, I'm on season 2 now.
    But ya, talent creators, I'm totally requesting hot L and Light characters from Death Note

screenshot469.jpg
    screenshot436.jpg
    L: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=961190
    screenshot355v.jpg
    Light: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=891236
    I tried making them both as realistic as possible whilst actually resembling them, but I'm sure that there are other Death Note sims in the Exchange who are more spot on with the looks than I am.
  • Options
    sootyowl143sootyowl143 Posts: 620 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I stopped watching Death Note when Near came in.

I love vampire knight. Woot it's awesome though I like Shugo Chara a bunch as well and Rozen Maiden.
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited August 2009
    I Love Anime too, Naruto is my favorite. I tried making Orochimaru first, but unfortunately, couldn't make him exactly right. So I asked pinkkittyrokz, and she did a great job on him. I don't have his exact hair style either, but it works, for now. I also gave him eyes from MTS that kinda look like snake eyes. He's in a relationship at the moment with my Avi and got him preggers. I LOVE this hair, I had this hair in TS2 on Cloud Strife. (I was actually told my Avi looks like an Anime character.)

I also have the anime eyes from MTS, and the scars as well. So I have the perfect one for Kakashi. But I need the hair, the mismatched eyes, the hitai-ite, and the jounin outfit. Plus I want Naruto as well with the seal, the hair, the whisker marks, the clothes.

My Other sim that I upload before my Avi has the perfect hair for Sakura before her hair was destroyed in the fight with the Sound nins.

If we could have pets, I would want Kyuubi.

EDIT: I also have the perfect Hyuuga eyes.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So I finally got around to posting some actual pictures of my Fullmetal Alchemist sims in CAS.

Greed - ugh, he closed his eyes whilst I was taking the photo ¬¬
    Screenshot.jpg

Law - ...I have no idea why it's gone pale like that
    Screenshot-8.jpg

Rose Thomas
    Screenshot-7.jpg

Dorochet
    Screenshot-16.jpg

Lust
    Screenshot-20.jpg

Envy
    Screenshot-19.jpg

Roy Mustang
    Screenshot-3.jpg

Riza Hawkeye
    Screenshot-18.jpg

Zolf J. Kimblee
    Screenshot-12.jpg

Psiren
    Screenshot-14.jpg

Martel
    Screenshot-10.jpg

and a couple of sims I made from the video game Lost Odyssey

Seth Balmore
    Screenshot-2.jpg

Jansen Friedh
    Screenshot-11.jpg

Sarah Sisulart - please ignore random paleness, my game is made of fail.
    Screenshot-9.jpg

Ming Numara
    Screenshot-6.jpg

These are all uploaded on my simpage /shameless plug
  • Options
    vidkid20vidkid20 Posts: 3,735 New Member
    edited August 2009
    MoreOrLess wrote:
    mcgillvy wrote:
    I am in love with all of the Bleach characters. In fact, I just finished watching Bleach 229 tonight. It was awesome.

You should know that your singy made me start watching Bleach, I'm on season 2 now.
    But ya, talent creators, I'm totally requesting hot L and Light characters from Death Note

screenshot469.jpg
    I tried making them both as realistic as possible whilst actually resembling them, but I'm sure that there are other Death Note sims in the Exchange who are more spot on with the looks than I am.
    Ahh, you actually made L look like L! I love Death Note!!!!! Death note fan girl right here!
    I think kindom hearts would be cool in the sims. Epecially the key blade!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Kingdom Hearts would be awesome. Alas my attempts at Axel failed very miseraebly.
  • Options
    the_lying_muffinthe_lying_muffin Posts: 245 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Wouldn't it be wonderful if someone made an Axel or Mello?
    I would have all the main Death Note characters then except Near, I don't like Near. > C

Darkslayer, that's the best Greed I've seen yet. : D

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Aww thank you, it's my 4th version and definately my favourite so far ^_^
  • Options
    PhantomhivePhantomhive Posts: 2,091 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I've made some Persona 4 characters.

I don't like Anime alike Sims with huge eyes. I try to make them as realistic as possible.
    I made so far Chie Satonaka, Yukiko Amagi & Kanji Tatsumi. I'm planning on making the whole P4 Cast & I think I'll do the same with Persona 3.

zOMG LOTS OF PICTURES!1one!!

Yukiko-Amagi16.png
    Yukiko-Amagi21.png
    Kanji-Tatsumi5.png
    Chie-Satonaka31-1.png
    Persona-Group5.png
    Persona-Group6.png
    Yukiko-Amagi10.png
    Yukiko-Amagi20.png
    Yukiko-Amagi26.png
    Kanji-Tatsumi6.png
    Yukiko-Amagi8.png
    Yukiko-Amagi5.png
    Yukiko-AmagiEyes.png
    Chie-SatonakaEyes.png
    Kanji-TatsumiEyes.png
    Persona-Group.png
    Chie-Satonaka22-1.png

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Your Persona sims are amazing, where did you get the hair for Chie?

I've added a couple of sims - Gene and Melfina from Outlaw Star and Fou-Lu (please ignore that stupid expression - it has ruined so many of my sims I've lost count) from Breath of Fire 4

Edit: I've taken some more pics of my sims in CAS ^_^;

Fou-Lu
    Screenshot-40.jpg

Gene Starwind
    Screenshot-37.jpg

Lust (I posted the wrong picture before ^_^; )
    Screenshot-27.jpg

Izumi Curtis
    Screenshot-26.jpg

Maes Hughes
    Screenshot-34.jpg

Lucy
    Screenshot-31.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SaronaSarona Posts: 1,578 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Lucy is really pretty
  • Options
    PhantomhivePhantomhive Posts: 2,091 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Your Persona sims are amazing, where did you get the hair for Chie?

Thank you, your sims are amazing as well ~
    Her hair is from here...

http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/search/label/Female Hair?updated-max=2009-08-01T13:17:00-04:00&max-results=20
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited August 2009
    MoreOrLess wrote:
    mcgillvy wrote:

screenshot469.jpg
    screenshot436.jpg
    L: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=961190
    screenshot355v.jpg
    Light: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=891236

OMG! :shock: They look amazing!! Pretty, pretty anime boyz! I LOVE L and Light.

*makes grabby hands at computer screen*

You win it all!!! :D
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    WhitetigerzWhitetigerz Posts: 1,838 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I don't watch alot of anime, but I fell in love with FMA. I have them all on DVD, only thing I got on DVD. I'm also following the new version of the anime as it comes out on Funimation's site.
    But Darkslayer your FMA sims are amazing. I really like your most recent Greed, Dorochet, Law, and Scheizca. Greed was my fav. character in the whole show and probably my fav. cartoon/anime character overall. Lol too bad I don't do CC, or else I would of downloaded your version. It's incredible!
    We simply need more hair styles. The hair in the base game is limited greatly, style wise. I think more hair would help... alot. Lol.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I don't watch alot of anime, but I fell in love with FMA. I have them all on DVD, only thing I got on DVD. I'm also following the new version of the anime as it comes out on Funimation's site.
    But Darkslayer your FMA sims are amazing. I really like your most recent Greed, Dorochet, Law, and Scheizca. Greed was my fav. character in the whole show and probably my fav. cartoon/anime character overall. Lol too bad I don't do CC, or else I would of downloaded your version. It's incredible!
    We simply need more hair styles. The hair in the base game is limited greatly, style wise. I think more hair would help... alot. Lol.

Aww thank you. I absolutely love FMA myself and it's one of my favourite shows but at the moment I don't feel like Brotherhood does it any justice. Greed is definately my favourite character (which is probably why I re-made his sim like, 4 times XD; ). I'd have a go at Ling but right now there just isn't the content to do him justice.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I've recently made some more sims that I thought I would share with you all :)

Fullmetal Alchemist:

Greed ('True Form') - this was as dark as the blue skintone would go unfortunately. I really wanted it to be almost on the verge of black but I was limited by the sliders. If anybody knows how to turn him into a 'grim reaper' sim please let me know.

Edit: It looks odd but I used the tattoo to represent both his spine since it appears in quite obvious bumps on his true form but also as a rather lame interpretation of the 'nodes' on his back. I felt it looked too weird without anything there.

Screenshot-109.jpg

Greed!Ling - guh that HAIR. It looked too strange without the hair covering his eye but even out of all the CC hair I have it was the EA basic 'emo' hair that seemed to represent this the best... the ponytail is missing though >.<

Edit: I made his eyes red because Ling only appears in the manga and in the manga the homunculi have rich, pinky-red eyes. I don't acknowledge the purple in Brotherhood, I have no idea why they did that when they've kept most of the other colours true to the manga. :/

Screenshot-115.jpg

Jean Havoc - I'm SO much happier with this sim this time around. I haven't experimented much with the facial hair just yet since I don't tend to use it on my sims but a Havoc based off the newer manga chapters may appear shortly.

Screenshot-111.jpg

Gluttony - I had actually been holding off doing this one due to the lack of high-necked yet sleeveless tops but as of right now th only homunculi missing from my neighbourhood are Pride and Wrath due to a lack of CC to do them justice from either the manga or first anime.

Screenshot-113.jpg

Shadow of Destiny/Memories

Homunculus - I had been wanting to make this one ever since I got those 'genie' pants but I never did because of the lack of pointed ears. The top I chose is annoying me but I wanted the sash to be visible and this was the only halfway decent, long sleeved top that was tucked in.

Screenshot-112.jpg
  • Options
    Sims3101208Sims3101208 Posts: 105 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Does anyone know where i can get cat ears and tail? I really really wanna make a charecter from Tokyo Mew Mew :D I wish EA would make the sims have an anime style game come out :]
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    My new Lust

Screenshot-5-6.jpg

Screenshot-16-4.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Feels like I'm spamming since I'm the only one posting here anymore but it saves me making a new post :D

Roy Mustang
    ROY.png

Edward Elric
    EDWARD.png