Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FIX FOR SEVERE LAG

Comments

• Options
    Smidgieroo3Smidgieroo3 Posts: 457 Member
    edited November 2013
    I installed Twallen's new OW and ET and instantly my game went from a laborious crawl to smoother than I think I have ever played it! Amazing! I have tons of cc and mods and it still is smooth as glass now. I even went in and out of bot making and editing townies etc... no slow down. just at 3 am. So thankful to everyone who helped figure it out and to Twallen for fixing it. I am HAPPY :)
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited November 2013
    @Smidgieroo3: I love happy faces. :D
    BTW that 3am lag is normal. It's that time of the night where the EA story progression kicks in and cares for immigration, emigration and other things.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The fix is totally amazing! It's like a whole new game! Sims are more active than ever and even Isla Paradiso runs like a charm!
    You don't believe me? Then watch this boat trip! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0n1QE56e_E
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I agree. For the first time ever my bot store filled up with sims browsing :) It was awesome, no slow down either. I am over the moon about this. I never even realized how slow my game was until it wasn't lol Now I have to pause so much just to keep up with what they are doing haha
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited November 2013
    It does make a difference. Even on my gaming rig, the game got even better with the new ET and OW. Twallan did good :)
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited November 2013
    Cyron43 wrote:
    The fix is totally amazing! It's like a whole new game! Sims are more active than ever and even Isla Paradiso runs like a charm!
    You don't believe me? Then watch this boat trip! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0n1QE56e_E

Cyron,

When you added OW and ET did you put back the ToP?

Did you leave it out and run with the mods?

I have uninstalled my ToP. What combination do you recommend for optimal performance gains?
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    @Sincerbox,
    that depends on the cleanup interval Twallan has defined. Is there time enough in-between to mass pile up alarms? I don't know that. Maybe even Twallan don't know yet what interval is best. I think it takes a great effort to analyze this behavior. But maybe he doesn't use an interval but queries the alarm list count in conjunction with the amount of objects and Sims in a world. However that also needs a certain interval unless the game code provides and event broker and his mods can register to all of the events just in order to count the occurrences. *scratches head* *shrugs*
    Maybe crin or someone else can ask him. Unfortunately I can't post on his site for an unknown reason.
    Until we have an answer I recommend to uninstall the ToP.
    I got rid of it either as long as EA hasn't patched it or until I get some more background information.

So what do other Simmers say who still have the ToP installed and updated Overwatch and ErrorTrap? Is your game flowing well all the time or does it get laggy after a while and then suddenly it runs great again?
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    It does make a difference. Even on my gaming rig, the game got even better with the new ET and OW. Twallan did good :)

Did you have the ToP? Or did you decide to try the updated mods to see how it would affect your performance? Are you running your game with both the mods and the ToP installed? I would be interested to know.

I have currently just uninstalled the ToP. I am insterested to know if others think the mods will give additional performance gains.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Sincerbox wrote:
    I am insterested to know if others think the mods will give additional performance gains.
    I am sure about that. It appears that not only the ToP is causing this issue. That alarm clogging seems to be a general issue. However not as severe as the ToP.
    Get a first hand opinion from Twallan right here (note: click on "more replies"):
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/share/view/64593414?replyId=66917456
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I had a TOP in the town I was playing. I didn't uninstall it or remove it from where it was. I updated OW And ET and game was perfect. Even with the TOP in town.
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited November 2013
    Ok, I'm back with a full update. I traveled back and forth to college numerous times, and to the future and back numerous times. No lag in site. I even chose to play in Sunlit Tides, and Isla Paradiso.

I had also installed the new OW and ET, and I'm no longer getting the constant moon dial errors I was getting before ITF's release (which is when I removed Twallan's mods).

Everything is smooth and there's no freezing. The kicker, the game is running better than it did before ITF and IP was released. :mrgreen:

I was annoyed that this is caused by a store object, but then I thought about it, and I never use that tree anyway. I usually put it in my towns next to the wishing well, but I never have sims visit/use those lots/objects. I only have certain types of sims visit the wells and stuff. [Like Nervous, because getting him married was proving difficult.] :lol: I do hope they fix it, but I'm not going to stress it. :wink:

I'll send some sims on vacation next. But I'm finished for the night. Hope you are all having a good evening. :)
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited November 2013
    Never had the TOP but, the alarms and simulators the mods now clean up still improved my already nicely performing game. I had only slight lag in IP, the other worlds I have were fine. Now IP has no lag either (except the momentary 3 am hiccup that it should have.)

Yes this is on a gaming rig that' is way over powered for the game but still got IP lag with my immortal sim (same game since release day of the base game) and now, that game flies like a new game - better really. IP quit lagging.

I suspect the Kraken or something else in IP was leaving too many simulators too and, the mods now clean them all up.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited November 2013
    I was annoyed that this is caused by a store object, but then I thought about it, and I never use that tree anyway. I usually put it in my towns next to the wishing well, but I never have sims visit/use those lots/objects. I only have certain types of sims visit the wells and stuff. [Like Nervous, because getting him married was proving difficult.] :lol: I do hope they fix it, but I'm not going to stress it. :wink:

I'll send some sims on vacation next. But I'm finished for the night. Hope you are all having a good evening. :)

I haven't really used the tree in a while either. Even if you get the right color, it is still too random which skill you are going to get.

Lately I've been upgrading the town Libraries and adding the Tree, and various skill objects like the Potions Table and the Science Station.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    It sure would be nice if they actually fixed the tree and any other objects causing this problem. I am leaving it uninstalled.
  • Options
    guitarangelguitarangel Posts: 167 Member
    edited November 2013
    So I don't have the TOP or LUNAR LAKES installed on my game. But my Into the Future game is still extremely laggy. Could the playpen still be cause of the problem as well? Also, when did Twallan update there site cause I downloaded the updates a week ago which was 1.63 and my game was still lagging. Anyone can help me please? :(
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2013
    He updated them yesterday. So get the new version.

You can try the debugEnabler method to see what alarms are firing for you.

This is ONE cause (a major one as it seems) but if your computer is below spec, or you have stuck sims, you will still see lags too. This isn't the only issue.

EDIT: @cyron: I can ask SimAd to check on your account to see what's wrong. Did you try just making a new one and what's your username there ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Hi crin, it's also Cyron43 there. Thank you for your support. :)
    I will try a new account with a different account. I know some servers reject web.de addresses. Maybe it's the same there. However I wonder why the registration accepted it in the first place.
    I will give you a note via email about the result.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    guitarangelguitarangel Posts: 167 Member
    edited November 2013
    My computer I built. It's a gaming computer with fourteen gigs of memory, two TB hard drive and a high end nvidia video card. And a I7 processor. So I know it's not my computer. It only lags when I go into the future.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    @guitarangel: Just go get the updates of Overwatch and ErrorTrap and watch what happens. :)
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited November 2013
    Cyron43 wrote:
    @guitarangel: Just go get the updates of Overwatch and ErrorTrap and watch what happens. :)

This! :mrgreen:

Its20Magic20Small.jpg
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    EveebellaEveebella Posts: 832 Member
    edited November 2013
    Thanks to all the great folks who worked to solve this problem, you are so much appreciated for all your efforts.

Eveebella :D:D
  • Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited November 2013
    Thanks everyone for sticking to this problem.
    I did all the things I hoped would make ITF work.
    New user folder, vanilla game, but the household I used to time travel had a T of P in the yard.
    Lag started in after a few Sim weeks....I was so sad :(
    I removed T of P & loaded back in the updated mods.
    Thank you all. Joy has returned to the world of Sims :mrgreen:
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    You're welcome guys and gals. :D
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I hope as many people as possible will read and try out the solutions in this thread. I cannot remember the last time my game ran this well. I suspect that more people than not would benefit from this. As happened for me most of my games had this lag to a minor degree. Something about one of the more recent patches just seemed to magnify an issue that I think has been there for a long time dragging on the performance of the game in general.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    This thread needs another bump.
    @Web team: Could you please make it sticky as long as the tree of Prosperity is not fixed?
    This space is for rent.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top