Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FIX FOR SEVERE LAG

Comments

• Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited November 2013
    Well after I uninstalled the tree I made a fresh download from the store and tried that but it was the same.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited November 2013
    As was posted on the NRAAS forum, it isn't simply having the tree installed, or placing it in a world, it's placing the removing it. IE you put it on a lot then delete it or sell it and, there goes that nasty simulator - alarm chain that destroys the game due to massive lag.

You can place the tree, and put it in inventory but, don't sell it or delete it once it's placed unless you have the mods to deal with the ensuing disaster.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2013
    We also have to keep the store content patch in mind. That overrides stuff so what happens if you installed the old version but not the store patch. Do you see the fruit in game ?

So they are sneaky and just put corrected stuff up without telling us, ever.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited November 2013
    I have been following this thread with interest, and although some of it may be over my head and a bit too technical, I don't and never have had LL installed. Does this mean that the fruit will still be in my game as a hidden file? I'm a bit confused?

Also, I keep getting the moondial error from errortrap too.
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited November 2013
    Dglbr1969 wrote:

Also, I keep getting the moondial error from errortrap too.

So glad I'm not the only one. :wink: And sorry, because I know how annoying it is. :?

Update:

fruitofprosperity.png

Look what I found. :evil:

Post edited by Unknown User on
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    @exotickitten: Please don't hijack this thread. The moondial error is not subject of it.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited November 2013
    Cyron43 wrote:
    @exotickitten: Please don't hijack this thread. The moondial error is not subject of it.

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought people were receiving errors for different objects, but that they were instigated by the ToP. :? I was under the impression they were related. So so sorry. I won't post here about it again.
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited November 2013
    You can place the tree, and put it in inventory but, don't sell it or delete it once it's placed unless you have the mods to deal with the ensuing disaster.

If this is correct I know exactly when I placed and deleted a tree. I put down a residential lot in Isla Paradiso which contained the tree. Then edited the lot to make it fit in with island landscaping and decor and deleted the tree. The kicker is it killed my Midnight Hollow game which never had a tree. Now who would expect any of that to happen? I have a habit of going in and out of games from the main menu when I am setting up a new town in edit town mode - picking and choosing lots and even objects I have used in other games.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi guys, it's been a few days since I've checked in here last. Glad to hear you all have pinpointed something that could have caused the problem. The graphics card that I ordered has since come in and I've installed it.

I tried to delete the tree and the fruit came up on the desktop, but I went through my folder 3x and found no sign of the tree, although I did uninstall the fruit. I did manage to find both fruit and tree on the laptop and deleted both.

Since the save game I was using to test ITF is in Lunar Lakes (I figured no better way to get use of that town than with a futuristic EP) I was thinking I should move my Sims somewhere else but decided against it.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited November 2013
    So say you read the compatible graphics cards for TS3 and yours isn't on the list? I know mine isn't but I can still play I always have to add it to the list. Not everyone's graphics card is going to be on that list either its old and outdated.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    planettvplanettv Posts: 207 Member
    edited November 2013
    Cyron43 wrote:
    @planettv: So all of my advises regarding lag type 1 don't help?

Sorry about that I'm just annoyed that I have an issue because I've never had a problem in the past with a patch. I did try defragging my computer and that didn't help with my issue. I did check that file that lists the graphics cards in the last couple days and my card is listed there. I don't think it could be a corrupted save game because if I uninstall Seasons all my saves are fine and my issue goes away but if I want to be able to play with Seasons and not have the issue I have to go back to patch 1.50. Even when I just have my Jolina in Sunset Valley save in the game and nothing else, no other saves, no store content, nothing my issue is still there and that's only with Seasons installed. Now two things I did in my testing were these:

1. downgrading to the 1.57 patch and then the 1.55 patch by doing the uninstalling the base game, cleaning registry with CCleaner, reinstalling the base game and installing the patch process. My issue still happened with both patches.

2. Now the other thing I did was to take one of my saves, my Louis in Sunset Valley save, from a back-up I did before I installed the 1.50 patch back when that patch came out and the issue with the elder sim still happened. I do plan on doing this again but with a much earlier back-up to see what happens.

Linking to the post I made in my thread that has my DxDiag log: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/723488.page;jsessionid=D82BF756452697B5B2E3180D215237C4.015055#11507110

I did just go in the launcher and found the fruit of prosperity which was odd because I thought I uninstalled Lunar Lakes after I uninstalled the tree but I guess I didn't. Is the military base in LL called Grunt or is that another world?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I've answered you in your thread. Don't wanna hijack cyrons.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited November 2013
    Several things:

(1)
    As was posted on the NRAAS forum, it isn't simply having the tree installed, or placing it in a world, it's placing the removing it. IE you put it on a lot then delete it or sell it and, there goes that nasty simulator - alarm chain that destroys the game due to massive lag.

Either twallan is not completely right or meant something else or I had a different error then, because I have not moved, removed or deleted the tree in my games. I think what he meant is that placing the tree and then removing it is ONE way to trigger the bug.

(2)@ venusdemilosims: So, are you saying that you had that error lag with a version of Lunar Lakes that shows the fruit as a separate object in the Launcher?

(3) @ exotickitten: the Moondial error so far hasn't been anything to worry about. It happens on load-up when the dial fails to update to the current moonphase and then remains blank. It is not caused by ErrorTrap and happens in an unmodded game, too. I've had it since the release of Supernatural and it hasn't caused any noticeable problems apart from the annoyance.

(4) @ planettv: if you uninstall a world it will only remove the world file: All objects that come with that world will remain installed and will have to be removed from the Launcher separately. And yes, the Grunt military base is from Lunar Lakes.

(5) @crinrict: I now tried both copies with another clean folder that certainly had no store patch present and in a folder with the store patch. Version one from May 2012 does install the tree but no visible fruit object, version 2 from yesterday installs the tree, the fruit and 4 crystal rocks.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    @Snapdragon: I quoted earlier what twallan posted. I understood it the same as DarkAmaranth did. Not sure what to make of it.

I have a version from February 2012 and the fruit did not get installed but what I tried to say was that there is a reference to the tree in the store patch so it might be possible that the store patch is making the fruit appear even though it's not installed properly.

Only way to find out would be to not install the store update and install the older version of ll and see if the fruit shows. I have no idea how it was initially or if there ever was a problem with the fruit being invisible or not. I know the magic Calderon had the issue and of course the wedding cake. There was other stuff.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited November 2013
    That's what I actually tried to say in my post. The fruit showing up is not dependant on the Store patches. With and without the patch the fruit shows up in the newer version and with or without the patch the fruit does not show up in the older version.
    But the question remains: does it make a difference whether one has the older version or the newer one? I've no experience at all with s3pe, otherwise I would have had a look at the package files themselves that come bundled with LL.

Any news by the creators of that object, btw? ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Do you mean on the launcher or ingame ? I'm not talking about the launcher. Does the fruit show up ingame if you don't have the store patch and the older version of LL ? The store patch has no influence on what shows in the launcher.

The package files cannot be simply looked at, they need further work before they are readable with s3pe. I wouldn't know where to start looking for differences. I can read a few of the stuff in there but most of it is unclear to me.

I don't think it makes a difference but I'll go ask at NRaas.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Anyways I don't see much benefit over a ToP discussion that seems to become heated. That thing is borked and EA needs to fix it. Period. :wink:

EDIT: @crin: Have you seen this? ->
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/724437.page
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    :shock: heated ? Not sure why you get that impression. I was merely trying to figure out if it was actually a problem with the fruit not showing up in the launcher or not.

---

About your other issue: I really don't know. Did you and SimAd get in contact and were you able to figure anything out at twallan's ? I really think it's best if you posted there yourself.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Can't feel any heat either :)
    But to answer your question: without the Store Patch and the old version of LL the Tree is fully functioning: it can be imbued, it spawns a fruit and this fruit can be picked and eaten.
    I understand the Launcher visibility merely as an indication that there might be two different versions of the Tree floating around and so the next step, in my opinion, would be to look at these two versions and check whether they have different scripts and if they have then to check whether both can trigger the bug or not. I know how to covert into package files (you probably know, too) but I don't know how to investigate the code.

But for the sake of the actual topic here: I've been playing with my 1.57 save and the Tree uninstalled for 15 Simweeks now and haven't had another issue of lag type 2 yet. I do have some minor stuttering at 5am for 15 minutes, which is the time when plants update to the next growth state. I get a ton of alarms relating to this and it is persistent across many of my saves, even after restarting the game.

ErrorTrap has remained conspicuously silent though, apart from Moondial errors and the dereferencing routine, which does not report anything like what cyron43 has reported in the other thread.But I'm still at 1.57, so that doesn't really count, I guess.
  • Options
    MistySmudge01MistySmudge01 Posts: 317 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hmm i have the tree of prosperity and had no problems, my problem was in starlight shores , severe lag and i never got as far as going into the future..... I haven't tried Isla Paradiso or Bridgeport, but i REALLY do not want ANY mods in my game, as soon as i put a mods folder in my game i get more problems, like store stuff not working :(
  • Options
    MistySmudge01MistySmudge01 Posts: 317 Member
    edited November 2013
    Snapdragon wrote:
    But to answer your question: without the Store Patch and the old version of LL the Tree is fully functioning: it can be imbued, it spawns a fruit and this fruit can be picked and eaten.

Aha mine is the old version probably as i bought LL when it came out, my tree works fine and no lag :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Snapdragon wrote:

Puh. Glad to hear that :)
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited November 2013
    I am thinking about going back to the simple mod-free solution which was to simply uninstall the ToP. I tried out OW and ET because I am always interested in performance gains.

I had this weirdness happen with the Guess Who's Coming to Dinner opportunity. It had previously worked just fine other times I played it. But this first time after the mods were back in the game I had a glitch.

I did every step of the opportunity chain and had gone back to the present to make changes in wealth, family size or traits. I made a simple trait change with the midlife crisis LTR. I had been trying to get Mortimer's mother to die of natural causes (she is about a week past) so that the family size would decrease. But that wasn't happening so I went with the LTR for the trait change. I received the pop-up that the timeline had changed and that I should return to the future and speak to Emit.

After arriving I got the pop-up about relatives being found at such and such an address. I went to town view and took a look. It was the same house but there were fewer family members. 2-3 children were absent. OK. That looked good. I took the game off pause to go talk to Emit to complete the opportunity. Before I could I got another pop-up from the mods stating that missing sims had been recovered. They were the missing relatives. After that the opportunity was still active indicating that I need to return to the post-present and speak with Emit but there was no option to speak with Emit. I couldn't complete the opportunity.

I am wondering if Twallan's mods could have interfered with an adjustment of the family size throwing everything off.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Snapdragon wrote:
    I understand the Launcher visibility merely as an indication that there might be two different versions of the Tree floating around and so the next step, in my opinion, would be to look at these two versions and check whether they have different scripts and if they have then to check whether both can trigger the bug or not. I know how to covert into package files (you probably know, too) but I don't know how to investigate the code.

Not sure if you can do file compare with s3pe since comparing every file might be a bit tedious but I guess that's what needs to be done.

For the moment, I would leave it at that though.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited November 2013
    @Snapdragon: Both tree and fruit showed up in launcher. I did find the tree and it was deleted. But I installed the Error Trap from Twallan and this came up in both my saves:
    -- Removed Orphan OneShotFunction Void SimulateTree() Sims3.Store.Objects.TreeOfProsperity Removed Orphan OneShotFunction Void SimulateTree() Sims3.Store.Objects.TreeOfProsperity Removed Orphan OneShotFunction Void SimulateTree() Sims3.Store.Objects.TreeOfProsperity Removed Orphan OneShotFunction Void SimulateTree()

There's an entire page of this in log files. In addition my game is still creeping even with the installation of the mods.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top