Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FIX FOR SEVERE LAG

Comments

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2013
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Und vielleicht kannst du noch den Link zu notepad++ reinsetzen. Mit dem Standard-Notepad kann es mehrere Minuten dauern, bis eine so große Datei geöffnet ist.

Or the one I prefer :)

I guess most people won't be able to read them anyways and the ones that do know about better editors. I will see how it goes and maybe add. I do plan to make a post in my forum for those but I need to see how to do it so I'm not adding that for now.

Anyways. I wasn't sure if that part of DebugEnabler was translated or not :)

Off to translate.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited November 2013
    This is SO very interesting. So, I had TOP and it was in the Launcher. I recently moved all my store content into package files. Almost all store content is gone from the launcher. I noticed a HUGE difference in the game once I did this.

The TOP is now in a package file and I've not noticed any lag. I may save the package file, delete the TOP file and then start the game up again to see if it makes any difference. If it doesn't, then we could just put the TOP and in the form of a package file for now until it gets fixed (if it does).

Does anyone else have the TOP as package file & it causes these issues?

Be careful with this method when uploading to the exchange. Store content might get packed with if you do and you might get in trouble.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited November 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    This is SO very interesting. So, I had TOP and it was in the Launcher. I recently moved all my store content into package files. Almost all store content is gone from the launcher. I noticed a HUGE difference in the game once I did this.

The TOP is now in a package file and I've not noticed any lag. I may save the package file, delete the TOP file and then start the game up again to see if it makes any difference. If it doesn't, then we could just put the TOP and in the form of a package file for now until it gets fixed (if it does).

Does anyone else have the TOP as package file & it causes these issues?

Be careful with this method when uploading to the exchange. Store content might get packed with if you do and you might get in trouble.

I don't plan on uploading to the exchange, BUT that is VERY good to know, just in case. Thanks!
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited November 2013
    amjoie wrote:
    2. The crystal tree from LL was throwing alarms. But the question is "why?" Is it always going to throw alarms in anyone's unmodded game? Or did the first initial alarm throwing happen only in modded games, and then spread from one game to the next because of #1, above.

Those might, actually, be two separate issues. If the tree itself is not the issue in an unmodded game, the fact remains that alarms should NOT be allowed to transfer from one game to the next. But I am still curious about that tree.

Has anyone experienced this problem with the LL crystal tree in a game that was NEVER, ever modded?

After I installed ITF, I had to do a factory reset. But I did manage to get my old save that had been used with Overwatch and Error Trap before. At the time I started having the problems I didn't have any mods at all, hadn't had any since I patched.

I just got done removing the Tree of Prosperity (and deleting my cache files), and the game save I was having problems with is working fine now. I do have a zip file of the save I made before I fixed it though.
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited November 2013
    Cyron43 wrote:
    @Sincerbox: How did your Sims behave when they moved through a door while the ToP was stil in? Mine got frozen in the middle of the walking animation for quite a while before they moved on. More exactly: The were frozen at the entry side and then again at the other side. The same can be seen when they use the stairs.
    Generally spoken: they were frozen at every transition between animation phases.

In my case I didn't notice anything particular about doors or stairs any more than any other actions. Toward the end when the lag got too bad to play they would be walking to the mailbox to go somewhere as a group. One sim would take 3 steps and freeze another would take 3 steps and freeze, another sim would take a few steps and freeze. It was painful watching them all walk to the front of the lot together. And this thing was so gradual. It just seemed to get slower and slower the longer I played the game.

Loading and saving games became incredible. I think I sat there 5 minutes once thinking the game was just stuck and I was going to have to ctrl-alt-del. But I waited it out and it eventually would save or load the game.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
    edited November 2013
    Ok, here's my post about the issue: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/11/sims-in-slow-motion.html

I'll be updating bug thread tomorrow and add this thread as well as my post.

Good work everyone. That was exiting and I didn't even have to load my game.

Still hope to find some more info but maybe twallan can provide us with more or ... that would be a first ... one of the gurus.

@cyron: Could you maybe add the link to the first post.

Good night everyone.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited November 2013
    crinrict wrote:

It looks complete and accurate but for one detail. I downloaded DebugEnabler today. The version for the 1.63 patch. There was no Write list of alarms option. I had to guess at the right option. It was Choose NRaas –> Debug Enabler –> Options: Town hall –> Dump Alarms
    edited November 2013
    Thanks. I think Cyron has the German game and just translate back to english :)

I've adjusted that and now I'm outahere.
    AHQ Tutorial

• ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited November 2013
    Thanks to those of you who worked to tracked this bug down, and to Crin for the blog post. I'm glad now that I've never bothered to get Lunar Lakes. ;P After reading about this bug I've been too afraid to play my game for fear that I'd get this awful lag. Now I feel more confident.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited November 2013
    I've only been able to get to the future and back once tonight, because I have 2 boys and I had dinner and homework and now bath then laundry. But so far the game is running smoother than it has since... I want to say early summer, late spring? No lag, saves quicker, even on speed 3. <3

I'll have to send some sims to college and get their degrees in the morning. That's the one that bugged me the most. I was livid. After that test, I'll send someone off to Egypt or France and test that too while I'm at it. But it's looking good so far. All I did was uninstall that ToP from the launcher and then clear my cache.

And I'll be installing the updated Overwatch asap also. That's also great news. Twallan to the rescue again! 8) Thanks so much for this thread! This was most helpful. :mrgreen:
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited November 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @cyron: Could you maybe add the link to the first post.

Good night everyone.
    Done and good night also from my side. *Waves*
    This space is for rent.
  • veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    edited November 2013
    Bump. Important! I wish more people would read this! This has also been thoroughly gone over at NRAAS forums at chatterbox if you wish to look there. A few have looked at the code.
    NraasSignature.png
  • tea_and_bluestea_and_blues Posts: 889 Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm more convinced than ever that the hang I had is unrelated to this issue. It seems that on rare occasions the clocks skips a sim minute, but it's not getting any worst over time, and my alarm logs have not clogged up with anything.
  • tea_and_bluestea_and_blues Posts: 889 Member
    edited November 2013
    *groan* Forums Liam'd me and it turned into a double post.
    edited November 2013
    Got word from SimGuruBrett (the store bug guru) that they are looking into it :)

AHQ Tutorial

• amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited November 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    Got word from SimGuruBrett (the store bug guru) that they are looking into it :)

That's great news! Thank you for letting us know. :D
    edited November 2013
    Twallan has done it again.

He added clean-up alarms to OW and ET (both are needed for this issue) so if you don't want to get rid of the tree, get the mods.
    AHQ Tutorial

• amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited November 2013
    crinrict wrote:

He added clean-up alarms to OW and ET (both are needed for this issue) so if you don't want to get rid of the tree, get the mods.

Yes, one mod takes care of the alarms and one takes care of the pile of simulator objects running in the background that cause a traffic jam in the game. I found that verrry interesting, when I read it in his thread.

It makes a person wonder if any other PC are doing something similar ....
    edited November 2013
    Could be any item. This is why I added how to identify faulty alarms
    AHQ Tutorial

• SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited November 2013
    I have a question, though. How do I know whether an alarm in the dump log is broken or not? I mean there's no way for me to know what is normal and what is not. For example, how often is the alarm at 5am that changes the growth states of plants supposed to trigger? Once for all plants or once for every plant or several times for each?
    As far as I have followed the discussion here, identifying the Tree of Prosperity as one culprit was largely due to the fact that the one who tested the provided save didn't have the Tree and got its alarms nevertheless. So, how many objects lie dormant in everyone's games and how are they supposed to be identified as possible time bombs? And, above all, why does this happen only now? The Tree of Prosperity is an old object and from what I read at NRaas it's not necessarily an issue with ITF or the 1.63 patch.
  • exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited November 2013
    I always got loads of alarms for the moon dial from error trap, and that object came with SN. :?
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
    edited November 2013
    crinrict wrote:

Getting rid of the tree is the better option for me just now. When I get tired of ITF I may go try out IP to see if I get better performance there with the tree gone.
  • chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    edited November 2013
    I uninstalled the TOP, but I still see its name on my script Error.

Edit: Sincerbox, I went back to IP as soon as I uninstalled the tree,
    but no, it did not change anything for me. I get severe lag there.
    I never had any lag in IP before the latest patch, just crashes. :roll:
    My games don't lag or crash in any other worlds. :?

edited November 2013
    crinrict wrote:

Excellent!
    Give him a big round of applause Ladies and gentlemen! :D

Also: Good to know the store team is about to handle that issue.
    This space is for rent.
    edited November 2013
    Snapdragon wrote:
    I have a question, though. How do I know whether an alarm in the dump log is broken or not? I mean there's no way for me to know what is normal and what is not. For example, how often is the alarm at 5am that changes the growth states of plants supposed to trigger? Once for all plants or once for every plant or several times for each?
    As far as I have followed the discussion here, identifying the Tree of Prosperity as one culprit was largely due to the fact that the one who tested the provided save didn't have the Tree and got its alarms nevertheless. So, how many objects lie dormant in everyone's games and how are they supposed to be identified as possible time bombs? And, above all, why does this happen only now? The Tree of Prosperity is an old object and from what I read at NRaas it's not necessarily an issue with ITF or the 1.63 patch.
    Those faulty alarms can be easily identified. The tree of prosperity fired loads of alarms. My alarm dump was over 15MB in size and 99% of the content was fruit change alarms of that tree. Common sense tells us that can't be right.

About your other question: That appears to be right. Some Simmers who formerly had lags in Isla Paradiso now say it runs like a charm (I haven't been there since patch 1.63 but will do today). That can even be generalized. I experience it myself. My game runs smoother than ever. The load and save times have also been reduced. However I don't know why this issue has become so severe after patch 1.63.
    Others say Isla Paradiso has not changed for them or even got worse (crash). It looks like there are more items which cause trouble. I am going to install Twallan's new Overwatch and ErrorTrap and see what happens. Maybe you do it also and report back. :)
    This space is for rent.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top