Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA confirms Fall of 14 for the sims 4

I didn't see this posted so if I miss it just ignore this thread. This isn't good news to me as that means a long time between ITF and The Sims 4. I'm going to get bored unless the store ups the content.

I'm estimating November due to the holiday season.

http://simsvip.com/2013/10/22/ea-sims-4-coming-fall-2014/

Comments

• Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hang in there, man!

Usually when games are delayed they turn out much better, so I think it's a positive thing.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited October 2013
    I see there is another thread. Someone bumped it after I made this one. I didn't see the other topic so ignore this one.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited October 2013
    The Sims 4, Fall 2013... Early 2014... Fall 2014... To be continued :P

Good news :

- More Store content for The Sims 3
    - Smart Maxis begins to program seriously (or not) this new game (Unlike The Sims 3 and SimCity :P )
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited October 2013
    Why does everyone keep saying that the game is delayed, I do not recall that EA had set a month in 2014.
    Now I have heard all the simmers setting a month, saying it's coming in April, May, etc. but I do not see that EA had ever told us a month.
    So to me it is not delayed, but just that it is coming in the Fall. Did not say what month, just fall, I hope that it is Oct. as this is my Birthday.
    Maybe I am wrong, maybe they did say a month and I just did not see it.
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited October 2013
    Evalen wrote:
    Why does everyone keep saying that the game is delayed, I do not recall that EA had set a month in 2014.
    Now I have heard all the simmers setting a month, saying it's coming in April, May, etc. but I do not see that EA had ever told us a month.
    So to me it is not delayed, but just that it is coming in the Fall. Did not say what month, just fall, I hope that it is Oct. as this is my Birthday.
    Because it most likely was delayed, just before we were told a date. There was tons of evidence pointing to a March release.

The one date (other than December 31st) that loads of different stores seemed to agree on, was one in March. Several other stores didn't have a date a specific, but they said "Coming in March 2014". An official EA article was released stating an "early 2014" release. March was also hinted at by SimGuruGraham on Twitter.
  • Options
    StarunaStaruna Posts: 417 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I can't believe we have to wait that long, but at least now they have time to fix the game and actually give the fans what they have been asking for. Maybe they could even fix the hair and skin textures to get rid of the sims social look? And put in CAST?

If they don't fix the graphics and add CAST then there isn't a reason for them to delay it. I don't know, hopefully it will be more stable then too.
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited October 2013
    Well I'm happy they've given us a season in 2014. :D I'm also ok with it being in the fall, as it will give them an entire year to work out the kinks.

And it will give me an entire year to try to do some of the things I haven't wanted to do yet because of all the updates. Such as try my hand at CAW, figure out how to install some mods for my game, and truly explore the expansions and sims from both Sims3 and Sims2.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited October 2013
    Well I'm happy they've given us a season in 2014. :D I'm also ok with it being in the fall, as it will give them an entire year to work out the kinks.

And it will give me an entire year to try to do some of the things I haven't wanted to do yet because of all the updates. Such as try my hand at CAW, figure out how to install some mods for my game, and truly explore the expansions and sims from both Sims3 and Sims2.

This is exactly my thinking--get out of my head! :lol:

While the extra time might be a pain for people who can't wait to get their hands on the game, it's a bit of a blessing for me. With no more EPs and patches to worry about I'll be able to finalize all of my mods, edit the Master saves of all my worlds one last time and finally settle in to fully explore all the aspects of my game. There is so much that I have yet to do that I might still be busy up until Fall of next year.

Hopefully the extra time will also give EA/Maxis a chance to implement changes that will makes this game more appealing to those sitting on the fence about getting it and to those who flat out have decided to give it a pass.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    RAE2786RAE2786 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited October 2013
    So that's around October, November? Woah that's far, although for me, kinda good news. I was thinking of taking a break from sims for a while.
  • Options
    NobahdeeNobahdee Posts: 75 Member
    edited October 2013
    I think this is good news. This should give them time to work out the necessary kinks in the game and make it really worth the wait when it finally hits the stores. This gives me time to explore the last EP for TS3 before TS4 comes out.
    Follow my Sims Let's Plays below:

o1yuxsO.jpg?1
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited October 2013
    Well I'm happy they've given us a season in 2014. :D
    They earlier told us that TS4 would be released early in 2014. This obviously isn't their plan anymore. But their new plan to release it in the fall of 2014 can easily be changed too. Actually it isn't at all unusual for games to be delayed more than once.

So don't plan to buy it before 2015 :wink:
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2013
    CLP,
    Don't want to turn your news into a negative. So happy they finally told when we can expect this game for real.

However, did you notice how the online features of the Sims' games was hyped/played up to sound like players are busy uploading, sharing, downloading everything about Sims?

I found that a curious thing to say while announcing when we can expect TS4. Just food for thought.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited October 2013

I agree, there are so much left to do in Sims 3 I have not done yet. Especially with ITF, that I am getting today, hopefully around 10.
    Now I can play and have fun without wondering if the Sims 3 will be ending in a few months.
  • Options
    ZKextremeZKextreme Posts: 348 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Fall of what? US time autumn?
    I live in a tropical country so we don't have fall, but I googled it and saw that it's different for different places too. :S
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070404082807AAThDOM
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited October 2013
    Fall of 2014. It means Sept/October. Remember EA/Maxis is a US company so they probably mean Sept or October
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    AmbaAestheticAmbaAesthetic Posts: 955 Member
    edited October 2013
    I know there was rumours around of when it was going to be released, I had it in my head it was march after seeing this pic..

33yom5h.jpg
    Back after a 5year break away.
    I mainly build. I don't use CC just 'moveobjects'.
    Was mainly known on the good old sims 3 forums.

• Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited October 2013
    Evalen wrote:

They didn't give a specific month, but when EA first announced Sims 4 they said it would be released in early 2014. I don't recall if they said first quarter, but most people took it that "early" meant before June.

Then, EA just started saying 2014 with not even a vague time frame.

So now that they're saying fall of 2014, people see it as a delay, which it really is.

Personally, I think the reason for pushing the date is some of the backlash from fans in reaction to what's been shown so far. I think EA is going to try to amend some of that to at least put some things they probably left out and fans really want. We can hope, anyway.
  • Options
    AmbaAestheticAmbaAesthetic Posts: 955 Member
    edited October 2013
    Katnap wrote:
    Evalen wrote:

They didn't give a specific month, but when EA first announced Sims 4 they said it would be released in early 2014. I don't recall if they said first quarter, but most people took it that "early" meant before June.

Then, EA just started saying 2014 with not even a vague time frame.

So now that they're saying fall of 2014, people see it as a delay, which it really is.

Personally, I think the reason for pushing the date is some of the backlash from fans in reaction to what's been shown so far. I think EA is going to try to amend some of that to at least put some things they probably left out and fans really want. We can hope, anyway.

In all honesty in my personal opinion I think it's because people said they wern't going to bother getting Into The Future because sims 4 was coming out soon, and obviously EA don't want to lose out on the market.
    Back after a 5year break away.
    I mainly build. I don't use CC just 'moveobjects'.
    Was mainly known on the good old sims 3 forums.

• Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2013
    ZKextreme wrote:
    I live in a tropical country so we don't have fall, but I googled it and saw that it's different for different places too. :S

Yep. Autumn time for the U.S.

The word "Fall" applies to the season because it's actually the first word of a longer phrase that was in use for the season about three or four centuries ago. The phrase itself referred to trees losing their leaves, and today would generally mean plants falling into their winter dormancy. Thus making it the opposite of Spring, where plants spring back to life.
  • Options
    lenieceleniece Posts: 869 Member
    edited October 2013
    In the USA winter usually officially starts on Dec 21 or around the winter solstice according to most professional weather reporting people.
    Fall or autumn in the US usually starts in Sept.
    So using these guidelines, the sims 4 game could be released in Sep or Oct or Nov or Dec.
    I am still waiting to see what EA does about all the online aspects of the game.
    Still do not want an online mmo multi player game.
    Of course, when EA realizes that they really do need a newer game engine, sims 4 will be out around 2020. I am not worried by that, cause I will most likely be dead and gone by then.
    Or maybe I will come back as a sims ghost and haunt the heck out of EA.
    Don't Worry, Be Happy. Have Fun :D
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited October 2013

There's a saying among game reviewers that games are only released at three times:

"Summer", "holiday", or "later on this year." :)

I believe we'll see TS4 sometime in the "holiday" window.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited October 2013
    ZKextreme wrote:

seasons are flipped in the different hemispheres as well. For example, the southern hemisphere experiences "winter" when the northern hemisphere experiences "summer". Considering EA is U.S. based company, I'm going to believe they mean FALL/AUTUM in the Northern hemisphere which is Sept-Dec. So you can expect the game anywhere in that time frame.

And yes if you live in a tropical climate you may not experience "fall" at all.
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm a little disappointed that a whole year will pass before we get to play Sims 4 because I was actually looking forward to it.

However, if this later date means that CASt could possibly make a comeback, I have oodles of patience because this would be the icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited October 2013
    leniece wrote:
    In the USA winter usually officially starts on Dec 21 or around the winter solstice according to most professional weather reporting people.
    Fall or autumn in the US usually starts in Sept.
    So using these guidelines, the sims 4 game could be released in Sep or Oct or Nov or Dec.
    I am still waiting to see what EA does about all the online aspects of the game.
    Still do not want an online mmo multi player game.
    Of course, when EA realizes that they really do need a newer game engine, sims 4 will be out around 2020. I am not worried by that, cause I will most likely be dead and gone by then.
    Or maybe I will come back as a sims ghost and haunt the heck out of EA.
    Winter doesn't official start until the 21st of December, but most people would still consider December to be a winter month.

Fall/Autumn months (in the Northern hemisphere) are usually considered to be September, October and November, so I think that is the rough time we are looking at.

My guess would be November, since that tends to be when all the big releases of the year are.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited October 2013
    I am actually not bothered by the fact that it's a year away. Although I *am* kind of annoyed that my Into the Future log-in screen keeps bugging me to buy the Sims 4 now. Geez, Louise!
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!