Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Côtes d'Ambonnay - a French Medieval World - FEATURED*

Comments

• Options
    blacerdamullerblacerdamuller Posts: 57 Member
    @Reachsims - How can I talk to you besides the forum?
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    I sent you a message @blacerdamuller. Hope everyone is having or going to have a great Sunday! :)
  • Options
    blacerdamullerblacerdamuller Posts: 57 Member
    Hello!

I would love to tell you guys I'm in the way of getting all the store content needed for this magical world. Want to thank @Reachsims again for helping me out since the very beggining, with some items, tips and also for teaching me how to use the forum hahaha I'm kind of growing up now :P

Once I have Cotes d'Ambonnay done, I'm going to post something more here. Maybe about how fun it can be haha :D

(big heart)
  • Options
    You're welcome @blacerdamuller. I am glad things are going so well for you in getting Cotes d'Ambonnay all together. It would have been nice, had xSorcier the time, which he did not (and does not) for us to offer a "lite" version with less store content for those who don't "own the store." On the other hand, it's been a sheer delight to offer a world with a generous amount of store content many of us have already bought, and in some cases, several years ago. I think a major failing of all EA worlds is that Maxis never planned and left enough space for more of those many venues we gladly bought from them. Not that they all would fit in an aesthetically pleasing way in all worlds, but most venues can be modified to work in most worlds.

I hope everyone is enjoying a pleasant Sunday. I am looking for a huge storm to pass so I can go feed my pets - the wild birds outside. :3
  • Options
    duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    Reachsims wrote: »
    UPDATE - JULY 2015: MediaFire decided to remove two of our files recently. >:) Hopefully, 4Shared is a better host.

Here are the new links:
    Stuff for Cotes d'Ambonnay

xSorcier's NPC Save and Stuff for Cotes dAmbonnay

The links in xSorcier's post above are outdated.

From the author, Marcel Proust -

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
    Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind.
    Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.

hello @Reachsims , thanks to many generous Simmers included you , now i have many items needed ur this awesome world..

May i ask you some questions? pls donot be offended because of my lack of info about this stuff? :fearful:

Somehow i am unable to download fm 4shared without make a account.. but can easily fix it by signing up..

my questions are;

1) at exchange link, is it lite version? i mean all rabbitholes & some residential lots has been included but no sims/families avaliable(population) & there are some empty lots?

2) NPC Save files have the same fixes as Save file + NPCs ?

3)NPC Save file is fully populated or just necessarily NPCs are included?

Are my questions makes sense? since english is not my mothertongue it is hard for me to express myself, especially at things i donot have many knowledge.. sorry!!

Also did you guys use only "The Ship Diner" from Barnacle bay, or did you use other items as well? that's the only missing world for me

and i have only PCs of "Serenity Retreat" and "Gothique Library", will it be too big problem?

wishing you best!! *hugs*
    Thanks again for this pretty magical world!
  • Options
    Hi @duyguugudur! :)

1. Côtes d'Ambonnay on the Exchange is a complete world without any sims living in it. It has a lot of empty lots but I don't remember how many at this point.

2. The NPC Save file includes everything (and some minor edits/fixes) from the Stuff for Cotes d'Ambonnay file, which was released first.

3. The NPC Save file is NOT fully populated but includes the NPCs properly dressed in period attire (until they age up).

4. From Barnacle Bay, we used the Ship's Diner rabbit hole as well as the Jacob's Staircase stairs and a few of the decor items. We also used the Yo Ho, Blow the Door Down (door). Barnacle Bay is often on sale during the holidays for about $5.00US so of all the EA worlds, it's the least expensive.

5. The best thing to do for now, when it comes to the venues, is to install the world and look around to see what might be missing. The outdoor shower is probably the most important thing we used because we used it extensively all over the world. Besides that, doors and arches would be the most critical.

I have family coming into town for the week, to arrive in a few minutes, so I am sorry I can't offer you more information at this exact time. Feel free to post again and I will make every attempt to answer your questions.

No apologies are necessary at all for any imperfect language usage! Your English is much better than my Japanese. ;)
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    I have installed the world but when I go to the 4shared links all I can find are tricky downloads that try to install bad things. Any hints on how to find the actual content? Thanks
  • Options
    Hi @KarilynMonroe2! I have Adblock and AdBlock Plus installed (which are free browser add-ons) and they block all or most ads on a page. I have them disabled for the Sims 3 store so I can access the sponsor ads for free SimPoints. Adblock Plus tells me there are nine ads on the page but I don't see any of them. All I see are the links to download the content I uploaded.

You may want to take a look at these two apps. I don't recall the differences between them. I think I had Adblock some years back and when it was upgraded I installed Adblock Plus. I just tested both the links and they worked perfectly, without anything else being downloaded to my PC.

Let me know if I can help you further. :)
  • Options
    Thank you Reachsims, I also have adblock. Strange. I am renewing my 4shared account. Will see if that helps.
  • Options
    I'm sorry for any trouble, Karilyn. If that doesn't work out for you, I should be able to email you the files. If that is necessary, just send a personal message to me so we can link up that way. We'll get it worked out, one way or another. :)
  • Options
    I had the adblock disabled on that site and am downloading. It is slooooow, but thats okay. I'm sure it is worth the wait. I'm very excited to check the world out. I do have another question. The lots that are listed in this thread...are they in the world already or are the extras?
  • Options
    The lots we have discussed over the course of the thread are installed in the world. There may be some exceptions (dive lots?) which would be included in the files. It's hard to say, at this point, because it's been almost two years since we uploaded the world, so my memory is less than perfect now. The files you are downloading will include some final details, minor edits, corrections, etc... When you open the files, you will see that I have left a small text file with notes so you will know exactly what you've got in hand.

In some cases, as discussed through the thread, we have left space for the player to add what he or she wants. For example, the gym is located in the Badlands and we left room for the ballet barre but did not include it as it meant our players would need to buy another venue from the store. Later, the ballet barre was offered for sale independent of the venue but we had already maxed out our good will with those who don't "own the store" and we didn't want to irritate them further. ;)
  • Options
    Wow, the world is really lovely! I am missing something, anyone recall what it might be? Here is a picture. These are in several places about town. What am I missing? original.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Hi @KarilynMonroe2 - I see three things missing in your screenshot.

1. Where the little train shelf is, that should be the Pleasant Wall Ivy from the Al Fresco Street Market venue.
    2. On top of the wall on the left should be Ivy in a Box and I no longer recall where it came from... sorry. It could have been an EP, Showtime, perhaps?
    3. On top of the wall on the right should be Fearless Fencing which is from the base game. The fact that that one is missing is very strange.

Here's an image from my game... sorry for the grid lines but I opened the exact world version we uploaded to the site and this one is not being played. I kept the image full size so the content is easier to see. I hope this helps.

EDIT: It's possible you have "Object Hiding" enabled and are on the ground floor where objects on the second floor would not show so perhaps you are not actually missing the items I mentioned in numbers 2 and 3 above.

Image%2Bfor%2BKarilyn.jpg

Post edited by Reachsims on
  • Options
    I am so super bummed out.. I just got this awesome world all set up to play, downloaded all the sims and the save files and just as I was about to get started I spilled my coffee on my keyboard....worst simday ever.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I am so super bummed out.. I just got this awesome world all set up to play, downloaded all the sims and the save files and just as I was about to get started I spilled my coffee on my keyboard....worst simday ever.

ohh, I'd have rather burned my lap and thighs. :::hugs::: and sympathy and best wishes for a better tomorrow!
  • Options
    Hi @KarilynMonroe2 and @Bekkasan! I'm so sorry about your keyboard. Liquids and electronics surely don't mix and I have had a wee spill myself. I would have responded sooner but was out of town for a couple weeks and just returned. I hope things are going well for you in Côtes d'Ambonnay.

Lovely to have you drop in, Bekkasan! :3 I agree. Given a choice, I would have rather burned my legs.
  • Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    Just stopping by to say hey @Reachsims How are you! Happy holiday's !
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited December 2015
    hi Reach :) I finally got to play it !!!! Yay!!! not much playtime yet, but it looks really awesome and it seems to be playing smoothly. i did get one issue though, my sim returned from time travelling and sha had to be admitted to the hospital. As soon as she reached the door she completely froze. The game clock froze too for a few seconds but it started again. My sim however stayed frozen and I had to reset her.

And another small tiny tiny comment....My sim is still low lvl on scuba diving, so i only visited only one dive lot, but i was really sad that it was completely empty. I went in and threw a few stuff in there but i don't really want to mess with it much as i have no clue about diving spots, and i son't want to mess it up. Are all the diving spots like that? Do you have anyone has managed to build for those spots and is willing to share their creation?

Here is my sim boating to the first Diving spot .... in her sleepwear ... Loving the scenery :heart:
    Screenshot-140.jpg

LOL and i just noticed i left a wall unpainted
  • Options
    Hi @Geminiagre! I am sorry I missed you post until just now. Somehow, I missed the notification. Please forgive me. I hope you and the little family are doing well. <3

What you are missing is the Save File I created which you would want to install for the dive lots.

From the original post on the old forum...

For Côtes d'Ambonnay - the Save File I created includes the following types of things -

♦ The Weather Stone is placed.
    ♦ A University podium is added to one park in the Badlands for rowdy rebel protests. We already have one at City Hall but we wanted to add the second one because it fits the character of the Badlands.
    ♦ The Portuguese Caravel is docked to her home port at the docks of Sarlat.
    ♦ A upgraded stereo is added to the gym.
    ♦ The Adventure Board is properly placed at the Troubadour Inn Bed & Breakfast base camp.
    ♦ A second inscription plaque is added, with text, to the ruins found on Beauharnais to alleviate any possible confusion, as in, What's supposed to be here?
    ♦ Terrain is altered on a couple lots to match new sidewalks in the docks of Sarlat area.
    ♦ An unroutable chair is properly placed.
    ♦ A floating wall torch is moved to the correct position.
    ♦ Missing ceiling paint on one lot has been added.
    ♦ Flyaway ceiling tiles on four or five lots have been removed.
    ♦ A missing wall-covering is added and another one is altered.

Most importantly -

♦ Six lots in the world file are replaced with the same lots with various upgrades. That includes some upgraded nectar presses or other modifications. Best of all perhaps, perfect plants replace the Buydebug plants in Isolde's Garden.
    ♦ The completed dive lots are installed, rather than empty dive lots as in the world file.
    ♦ Every lot in the world has its front of lot set. This is not essential but is helpful for game play and is something that EIG now breaks.

As you can see, some of these things have some significant value and others, not so much but even the little edits satisfy the perfectionist in xSorcier and me.

The NPC Save File that xSorcier created, is based upon the same Save File I created and adds to it... properly attired NPCs in assigned jobs to cover what is necessary for the town to run per Sims 3's game mechanics. It is a wonderful addition because once installed, we will see our newspaper delivery children, mail carriers, repair mechanics, butlers, maids, shopkeepers and etc... dressed in clothes for our world. Only when the Sims age up will they be in the wrong clothing but that can be addressed by the player and cannot be addressed by us.

The links for both can be found at the top of my FIRST post on page one of the thread.

My Save File is called - Stuff for Cotes d'Ambonnay
    My Save File with xSorcier's NPCs added in is called - xSorcier's NPC Save and Stuff for Cotes dAmbonnay
  • Options
    sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    All the extras in the save files are such a gift, thank you both xoxo :)
  • Options
    Thanks so much @sharonxyz - I appreciate your input, as ever.

I hope you and yours are doing well. I miss the old gang from this thread. <3 I hope your holidays will be filled with many good times! *Hugs*
  • Options
    ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    I'm having a terrible time downloading the save files from 4 shared. I've tried multiple times. Is there anywhere else they can be uploaded?
  • Options
    Hi @flstrider! Happy Holidays to you! I am doing well and hope you can say the same for you and yours. May your holiday season be filled with the stuff that makes for beautiful memories and be safe out there. :3

@Clayworld - I have uploaded the files to Google Drive. The links can be found in my first post on page one.
  • Options
    ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    Thanks so much Reachsims. I was able to download those.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top