Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Complete a set

Comments

• Options
    Jaden1673Jaden1673 Posts: 607 Member
    I want to thank BookNerd26 for gifting me Snap and Sprint Shoes, these don't belong to any set which is a first time I've been gifted something like that. I've got a few items that are just single "serve" things so thanks again BookNerd26.
  • Options
    BookNerd26BookNerd26 Posts: 541 Member
    Jaden1673 wrote: »
    I want to thank BookNerd26 for gifting me Snap and Sprint Shoes, these don't belong to any set which is a first time I've been gifted something like that. I've got a few items that are just single "serve" things so thanks again BookNerd26.
    np every body can use new shoes just might want to add a link to ur wishlist the number links don't work

• Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    JENiiEY wrote: »
    Thank you to @simsgeek79 @mustangmama‌ and @ajaxpost‌ for my gifts. bohemian is now at 7%, yay!

You guys are the best! <3
    You are most welcome :)

BTW what is your current CYS price - I'd like to have something real to use in a quick picture tutorial for Elianahere's Calculator ...

• Options
    SimtelligentSimtelligent Posts: 42 Member
    A HUGE THANK YOU to @charlotteprice for my Bohemian Garden gifts! I can't get my emoji to show properly but please imagine the heart and the angel right here. :D
    I now have 18% of the set.
  • Options
    burtnickburtnick Posts: 489 Member
    Thank you @mooredt21 for the India Cloth Star and the Sublime Salwar Kameez!
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    A HUGE THANK YOU to @charlotteprice for my Bohemian Garden gifts! I can't get my emoji to show properly but please imagine the heart and the angel right here. :D <br />
    I now have 18% of the set.

Your welcome!
  • Options
    JENiiEYJENiiEY Posts: 225 Member
    @ajaxpost‌ it's on 7% with 5 items owned and the price is 1,395 :)
  • Options
    tombwritertombwriter Posts: 601 Member
    edited December 2014
    holy macaroni this spreadsheet is awesome and sooo easy to understand!! so many thanks to every and anyone who had something to do with making, creating, and keeping it up to date. <3

i saw that the Everyday – Cool Summer Nights set will be on the DD on a few hours (#76 on the spreadsheet, im in EST), and i would like to finally get start working towards that it since ive missed it every time its come up, or there just wasnt a good percentage off. hopefully i could get some help lowering the price since i dont have ANY items from the set. they are #1-#8 on my WL, so any help is always appreciated! the rest of the items on my WL are also items from the sets that are on sale this week, but i listed them in order of importance, so i would be happy just to get anything. :)

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=tombwriter
    Post edited by tombwriter on
    Why, yes! I do OWN the store! B)
  • Options
    LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    BookNerd26 wrote: »
    thank you LadyGreenEyes and thank you Me1620 for the gifts and Hacienda Luxury Set is at 25% right now =D

You are very welcome! Hopefully, you can get it whittled down more!
  • Options
    thank you for the awesome gifts @blacksheba1973‌ !! and your sim, Pippa Willowfrost is BEAUTIFUL!!! *hubba hubba* :p
  • Options
    Jaden1673Jaden1673 Posts: 607 Member
    I want to thank tombwriter for gifting me the

Go Sit on It! from the Loud, Fast, Clash!- Bedroom/Loud, Fast, Clash!– Bedroom + Attire set/s
    GlassBirdie from the Contemporary Comfort Living set
    A Fella's Trenchcoat from the Fifth Avenue Fashions set

They helped lower my cost more and more. Thank you.
  • Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    Here's my wishlist and thank you so much. :)

store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=SpiderCrowWolf
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,998 Member
    edited December 2014
    tombwriter wrote: »
    holy macaroni this spreadsheet is awesome and sooo easy to understand!! so many thanks to every and anyone who had something to do with making, creating, keeping it up to date. <3
    :D On behalf of the DD spreadsheet team and the posters on the DD thread, thanks for the feedback. So glad you find the spreadsheet to be awesome and easy to understand. If you do have any questions, please don't hesitate to post here or on the DD thread, or send us a message. Our goal is to help our fellow Simmers to get the most value from your simpoints and to complete your sets.

Post edited by Me1620 on
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    thank you for the awesome gifts @blacksheba1973‌ !! and your sim, Pippa Willowfrost is BEAUTIFUL!!! *hubba hubba* :p
    You're welcome hon and thank you.:D

YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    holy macaroni this spreadsheet is awesome and sooo easy to understand!! so many thanks to every and anyone who had something to do with making, creating, and keeping it up to date. <3
    As Jodi @Me1620 has already said, "thank you" :)

Many many people have been involved in collecting all the deal info, tricks, tips, and sneaky little glitches that allow us all to get great bargains from the Store.

And one of the neatest and most helpful is @Elianahere's Stacked CYS Calculator.

If you already have some items in a set that has CYS enabled (sadly not worlds, venues and few other 'odd' sets) your CYS discount is added to any Sale or Daily Deal discount :D

You already know what your CYS price is and, with the help of the Spreadsheet, you know what the DD discount will be and this very simple form will tell you what your final combined discount would be.

This way you will know if you need to get a few more individual items to improve your CYS discount or, best of all, the set will be free!

Let's take an example:

1. The Bohemian Garden set is on the Daily Deal for 646sp.
    2. The normal full price of the set is 1700sp
    3. I already have five items from the set so my CYS discount price is 1395sp.

So, if I go to http://elianahere.jwhostings.net/ I can just type those three numbers in:
    tumblr_ngumz7Agjz1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg

And right away I can see that my price would be around 446 - probably 450 because the Store tends to round prices up to the nearest 5sp.

If my CYS price was lower, at 900sp for example, the result would be -49sp then I would expect to get the set for free!! :open_mouth:
    However, DO NOT be tempted to buy extra items at full price to improve your CYS price - you will actually waste money that way. Only buy extra items if they are more than 10% off.

NOTE: Always use your normal, not on sale, CYS discount. When you check the price of a set that is on Sale it already includes your CYS discount and you will not get any DD discount on top of that.

NOTE: The calculator works just the same for Sale discounts, not just DD prices, but since the Sale price will already include your CYS discount you don't need it for any additional calculations.

As always, there are more tips and tricks at http://simsdailydeals.proboards.com/thread/18/daily-deal-stalker-important-information and if you have any questions about this wonderful little tool, or anything else please ask in the DD thread :)
    Post edited by ajaxpost on
  • Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    @ajaxpost You can actually use the price that's displayed while on sale. You just have to also use the normal sales price instead of the regular price. The discount is the same. It's always 10% of the current price and 90% of every item you already own in addition to that.

So either use full price and your cys price or if the set is currently on sale and you can't see your regular cys price, you can use the full sales price and your discounted sales price.
  • Options
    @ajaxpost‌ I just used the calculator to work out how much I would pay for loads of laundry at deal 447 which dd price is 360, i already own 31% of the set which makes the cys price 570, the calculator says -78 does that mean i will get it free? :o
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    JENiiEY wrote: »
    @ajaxpost‌ I just used the calculator to work out how much I would pay for loads of laundry at deal 447 which dd price is 360, i already own 31% of the set which makes the cys price 570, the calculator says -78 does that mean i will get it free? :o
    Nothing is certain, but yes I would expect it to be free. Oh yeah! Gotta love CYS :D

So if you can wait that long, you don't need to get any more items in that set :)
  • Options
    awellenbl wrote: »
    @ajaxpost You can actually use the price that's displayed while on sale. You just have to also use the normal sales price instead of the regular price. The discount is the same. It's always 10% of the current price and 90% of every item you already own in addition to that.

So either use full price and your cys price or if the set is currently on sale and you can't see your regular cys price, you can use the full sales price and your discounted sales price.
    I might be being a bit dense here (which is not unknown!) but I don't quite understand what you're suggesting here.

If the set is on Sale it will show "your price" which includes the CYS discount.

Unless you remember it or have it noted down somewhere, you can't tell what your normal CYS price is so I don't think the calculator will tell you anything useful in this situation ... or have I missed something?
  • Options
    @ajaxpost‌ oh thats awesome, ive never had anything free through DD before im so excited haha! i'm bookmarking that calculator to use for future reference. thanks for mentioning it and thanks to the creator!!

Have a great weekend everybody! <3
  • Options
    DarkPulse268DarkPulse268 Posts: 67 Member
    > @Jaden1673 said:
    > I want to thank DarkPulse268 for gifting me Leather and Buckle Attack Teen from the Loud, Fast, Clash!- Attire set.
    >
    > I also want to thank charlotteprice for gifting me the rest of the Villa Paraíso set I didn't have.
    >
    > Thank you both for helping me out, my Sims will love all the new stuff.

You're welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    @ajaxpost

Your CYS price of any set is always:

Current Price*0,9 - sum of the regular price of every item from this set you already own*0,9

This is the reason it's beneficial to buy individual items with a discount of more than 10% and not beneficial to buy them with less of a discount, unless it's the very first item of the set you buy.

As it is a pain to add up all the prices for many individual items and as the rounding makes this even harder, it's helpful to get the number of points the sum of the regular price of every item you already own from your displayed CYS price. To get that number you need to take the difference between the current price and your current cys price and subtract 10% of the current price, as that won't be the current price when it's on the DD and you don't get those 10% discounted twice.

The calculator only uses your current CYS price to determine 90% of every item you already own. That number doesn't change when a set is on sale.

You just need to use the sales price and your cys sales price when a set is on sale. Not the full price and your CYS discounted sales price. That will definitely mess things up.

ETA: If a set is on sale before something comes up on the DD, you just need to put in the sales price in the "full price" box and your cys discounted sales price "normal complete your set price" box. That difference can be used to determine the second number in that formula up there just as well.

When a set is on the DD, the current price is the DD price, which is why you have to put that in as well.
  • Options
    janineisabawsjanineisabaws Posts: 668 Member
    I'm close to completing the Country Livin' set, they are items #1-6 on my wishlist :)

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=janineisabaws
    Check out my youtube channel!
    MlaomyAh.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    @ajaxpost, NOW i get it!! i was trying to figure out the how the CYS was calculated, and im happy to say that my math wasnt completely off (i was within 100sp of the set being close to free), so im happy that i had some sort of comprehension as to how all of this worked. so thank you very much for extending the help even further!! :)<3

im still hoping to get some help towards the Everyday – Cool Summer Nights set thats coming up on the DD in the next 1.5 hours. i only have one item (thank you @blacksheba1973‌) they're the first 7 items on my WL. :)

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=tombwriter
  • Options
    As this list is very long and every set is just for sale for a week, it's not really necessary to do the calculations while a set is on sale. So if my rambling was confusing to anybody, just use the calculator while the set in question is not on sale.

Weekly sales and DD discounts don't stack, so you can discard the weekly sales for sets that show up on the DD for a better price.