Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Complete a set

Comments

• ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    JENiiEY wrote: »
    stone thrown greenhouse is next in DD and ive always had my eye on it as I love the gardening skill, but I'm saving up for sunlit tides and serenity retreat which is coming up in future DD, anyone think that stone thrown is worth it?
    33% is not the best discount you could hope for on the Greenhouse but it is better than the typical Sale! page discount and you could be waiting forever for another 'super sale'.

On it's own I think it is a fine venue but it does also include two killer features:
    • The SwiftGro Station which is a really great bonus for gardening Sims
    • The glass roof pieces can be used on all sorts of lots to create atriums, conservatories, glass houses; they really open so many build options

I've never really played Sunlit Tides so cannot comment much on the world, though it does look lovely and the Serenity retreat is a nice venue but I'm not sure how much it adds to your game; though if you playing a 'Zen' like Sim into massage and other spa treatments it add some good extra features ... and the outdoor shower is very useful in all sorts if beach type lots.

If that helps at all? ... :)
  • JENiiEYJENiiEY Posts: 225 Member
    @ajaxpost‌ oh i thought the discount may be more, I was thinking of only paying like 600 for it haha! yeah the premium content looks good, im tempted to just get them on there own if they go on sale. Thanks for the advice :)
  • Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Still working on the India Inspirations set, kinda haven't been in the mood to play Sims 3, been wanting music instead, so I haven't checked since I got the Tanchoi top.
  • LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    From the sales, working on the Luxury Spa Set. A few items from it are at the top of my list. Still others listed from various other sets as well, and anything on the list always welcome, of course!
    I see that bohemian garden is coming up in a couple of days on DD and i'd love to bag it, if anyone would like to help me complete the set i have some of the items in my wishlist (#1-10 are bohemian)

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=JENiiEY
  • simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Thank you, thank you, thank you to @blacksheba1973 and @DaniBosGirl for the generous gifts!!!! I have deleted all of the other items on my wishlist for the Bohemian Garden because according to Elianahere's calculator, I will be getting it free!!! O H M Y G O O D N E 🐸🐸🐸🐸! I can't believe it, you guys are awesome :D I bought Grandpas Grove on the DD a month or so ago when it was seventy something percent off and I still haven't had a chance to use it but now I know what I'm doing this weekend!! I can't garden here with all the snow but at least my Sims can grow berries now!! So excited thanks again!!
    @ajaxpost thank you for explaining the spreadsheet - it took me a bit to figure out but I definitely wouldn't have been able to explain it to VioletHorse the way you did - you're awesome too...and I thought I read somewhere that you hosted the DD Stalker thread before Ximph so kudos to you to for all your hard work and effort and for helping simmers like me get the sets we want for the minimum amount of points :)
    - Finally @JENiiEY‌ - I bought the Greenhouse on the last DD list for an amazing deal. The one running now is not the best, unfortunately it was deal 952 so you have a ways to wait. I love gardening (in case you hadn't noticed - lol) but in addition to helping with that, it made the Best of 2012 compilation pretty much free. I think it would have only cost me 375 once I had the greenhouse (plus I owned two little things from the Japanese set) but once I bought Supernatural over the Black Friday sale and got More Magic free, I got the compilation for free. It's crazy the teppanyaki stove alone was double that on its own plus all of the India sets, completely free. So if those sets interest you, you may consider buying the greenhouse a wise investment considering the weight of it in the compilation price. :)
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • 2012Sim032012Sim03 Posts: 330 Member
    Yes! I just got the Zen Again Set! I even got the green download button, thanks to @mustangmama and @blacksheba1973! I greatly appreciate you both.

Also, thank you again, @mustangmama for the Stories and Caps Wall Shelf!
  • PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    My wishlist is a mess! LOL I am working on the once upon a time still I have 50% cys on one of the smaller parts, I gave up on the vegas as it is way too expensive, I am hoping a sale sometime for that one. I would really love anything there on the list, I am not picky at all. I am trying to figure a way to find the least expensive stuff in the store and throw that up there too once I whittle this down. When I get some ads (they have been slow for me...grr) I will try to help you too!!

Thanks in advance!!
    @simgeek79‌ yeah i saw the best deal was at 952 on the list so i've written it down! stupidly i didn't realise the spreadsheet told you how much it would be on dd so i've managed to write down all the ones i want and when they best deal is on so now all i have to do is keep my eye out and set a few alarms lol! im still confused with the whole compilation thing but i'm slowly starting to get the hang of how the store works (only took me 4 years haha)

Just want to say i'm so grateful to simmers who have sat and spent so much time helping other simmers doing spreadsheets and making threads helping people get the best deals!

<3
  • trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    LyrielSim wrote: »
    @ajaxpost said:
    "snips"
    > Oh no! We can't have Simmers not knowing how to use the DD thread and spreadsheet!<br />
    >
    > NOTE: I am not the creator of the Awesome DD Schedule Calculating Spreadsheet - it is the brainchild of Me1620 and her dedicated spreadsheet update team: mikrokitty78, missy2311, trithone and FryeGuy24 - legends all!

Those folks are absolutely amazing - Such an effort!! Its very, VERY useful to me. Its also become a sort of sims mini-game to me. :smile: Not to mention that I've found more than one of your info-posts of great use. Glad you're around!
    Mimine17 wrote: »
    It's just Wooooow ! So I read ajaxpost explanations and evrything, and it's really an awesome work !

How convenient is this !
    I can't argue with you! :)

Over the years the various groups of people who have followed the Daily Deal have created a great resource but there's so much information it can look daunting to a newcomer to the Store. At it's heart though the system is quite straightforward and everyone on the thread loves to help others get great deals.

Now, I did credit the keepers of The Spreadsheet but I should also have given equal credit to the many contributors who post the individual deal details that are used to build The Spreadsheet. They are many and, along with @Ximph who has hosted this last DD thread, all deserve recognition which is why @frozenorangejuic created the 'Thank you' list: http://simsdailydeals.proboards.com/thread/13/dd-community-thank-yous

I agree. If you haven't tried using the Awesome DD Calculating Spreadsheet, please do. Come on over to the thread and try it out. If you need help but you don't want to post in the thread, just message me. I am happy to help you!
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• BookNerd26BookNerd26 Posts: 541 Member
    Hi im working on Mother Russia Set and Hacienda Luxury Set and One With Nature

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=BookNerd26

please and thank you and merry christmas and a happy new year and thank you to the few people who have helped me get my cys down for one with nature still would like to try and get it a little low to afford it
  • mustangmamamustangmama Posts: 312 Member
    simgeek79, love hearing that you got the set! You're very welcome for the gifts and I will still take time to get the ads when I can to help everyone with their sets!
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    @ajaxpost thank you for explaining the spreadsheet - it took me a bit to figure out but I definitely wouldn't have been able to explain it to VioletHorse the way you did - you're awesome too...and I thought I read somewhere that you hosted the DD Stalker thread before Ximph so kudos to you to for all your hard work and effort and for helping simmers like me get the sets we want for the minimum amount of points :)
    You are correct. Ajaxpost hosted the DD thread many times. He is also responsible for adding so much excellent information on the first page of the previous DD threads. Unfortunately, due to character limits in this new forum, that information was moved to our sister board.

@ajaxpost - your tutorial thread on using the spreadsheet is excellent. I am adding a link to it on the welcome tab of the spreadsheet.

As trithone posted, please do not feel shy about asking us questions about the spreadsheet. We have sorted the information various ways to help you complete your sets for hopefully the least amount of simpoints.

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • tombwritertombwriter Posts: 601 Member
    @ajaxpost‌ oh i thought the discount may be more, I was thinking of only paying like 600 for it haha! yeah the premium content looks good, im tempted to just get them on there own if they go on sale. Thanks for the advice :)

if you work towards completing the other sets in the "Best of 2012" set, you'll wind up getting the greenhouse for free (like i did). just work on collecting pieces here and there from the sub-sets, because alot of times it'll come out cheaper than to just worry about individual set as a whole.

for example : if you were only worried about items in the 'Through the Spy Glass set, and you only own 5 out of 16 items, then your CYS price would probably be 320sp, but since its part of the 'Fortune's Folly Compilation', and you own the other sub-sets within that compilation (or majority of it), the CYS for the 'Fortune's Folly Compilation' would probably be 40sp. so instead of you just focusing on that small set and spending 320sp to get the other 11 items, if you just went through the bigger set itself, you would probably save 200sp, just by getting the same 11 items ... sometimes you even get lucky and discover the magical green 'download' button. its kinda like "the more you buy, the more you save"

i hope this made sense to you :)
    Why, yes! I do OWN the store! B)
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited December 2014
    @simgeek79‌ yeah i saw the best deal was at 952 on the list so i've written it down! stupidly i didn't realise the spreadsheet told you how much it would be on dd so i've managed to write down all the ones i want and when they best deal is on so now all i have to do is keep my eye out and set a few alarms lol! im still confused with the whole compilation thing but i'm slowly starting to get the hang of how the store works (only took me 4 years haha)

Just want to say i'm so grateful to simmers who have sat and spent so much time helping other simmers doing spreadsheets and making threads helping people get the best deals!<3
    We are very happy to help you. I hope you don't mind if I add some more pointers.

When using the repeat tab of the spreadsheet, you have to decide if waiting for the best deal is worth it to you. Deal 952, the Stone Throw Greenhouse is estimated to come up on March 3rd, about 2 1/2 months from now. However, if you spend 38 simpoints more for Deal 412, you purchase the Greenhouse on Jan. 16 or 17, only 1 month from now. Then you would owe a large part of the Best of 2012 compilation and can purchase other items from the compilation to enable the green download button sooner.

If you decide to purchase the Greenhouse at Deal 412, then I would suggest looking at the "Sort by 'Part of Set'" tab in the spreadsheet. Search for Best of 2012 Compilation. You will find a list of all deals that, in addition to the Greenhouse, will help to complete the compilation. For example, I see that Deal 546 is an excellent price for the Chun Co. Teppanyaki Grill. However, you may prefer to purchase the set the grill is a part of , Deal 489 Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining. So many decisions.

One thing I would suggest. Constantly check back and forth between the compilation and its subsets. Sometimes, it is cheaper to buy the compilation with the CYS discount rather than all the subsets individually. BUT sometimes the opposite is true; it may be cheaper to buy the subsets individually than the compilation.

The Best of 2012 Compilation is one of the large compilations whose sets overlap a few other compilations or combination sets. For example, if you own Best of 2012 Compilation, one of its sets, More Magic! is also included in January 2012 Compilation. It really helps to become familiar with the subsets.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    I'm so happy that so many of you have been able to complete sets. This is a great community and I love when we pull together. We all win. Happy simming. :D
    YShQCz1.png
  • tombwritertombwriter Posts: 601 Member
    thank you for the cute skirt @janineisabaws :)
    Why, yes! I do OWN the store! B)
  • XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited December 2014
    @pixieydust Hope you enjoy your gift!

I was terribly spendy today on my MMAO getting single items. The deals were tough to pass up.
    This week I am working on 5th Avenue Fashions. <first four items on my wishlist. I only put these four as that is all it would take to make it cheap enough for me to get>

Also waiting for my little surge of sp adds tonight and I should be able to come back and gift someone else who needs help with a set!

EDIT: Thank you to @charlotteprice for the gifts, happened so fast I nearly fell out of my seat! XD Guess I shall concentrate on another set this week lol!!
    Post edited by Ximph on
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
    @charlotteprice Ohmy!!! That was so generous of you! I got the set! Much thanks!
    My Studio
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Ximph wrote: »
    @charlotteprice Ohmy!!! That was so generous of you! I got the set! Much thanks!

You are welcome! Glad you completed the set!

@Ximph......Thank you for the gift! Very much appreciated!

I have been going thru the compilations and realized I could download (after reading about it here on the forums) it free or with little cost. So I need to get off here and go play the Sims3, LOL

Thanks again!
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    My wishlist refuses to cooperate with me and I've been trying to organize for two weeks so it's a bit random and messy. Everything on my wishlist I plan on getting, if they ever cut prices (hopefully drastically in some cases). Anywho... I'm working on many sets, but I haven't gotten around to placing everything on there. Here are just a few. But if anyone want to help with any of the other sets or anything that would be cool too! Thanks in advance! :smiley::cookie:

Full Regal Living Set: 1-21, 92, 100
    Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire: 22-38, 95, 104
    Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes: 39-49, 166, 218, 230

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=ApparentlyAwesome

Question: When it comes to Bohemian Garden does anyone know if the Bohemian Fruits and Nuts will ever be available for purchase separately? That's the only thing I want from that set, but it's not available for individual sale.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
    My wishlist refuses to cooperate with me and I've been trying to organize for two weeks so it's a bit random and messy. Everything on my wishlist I plan on getting, if they ever cut prices (hopefully drastically in some cases). Anywho... I'm working on many sets, but I haven't gotten around to placing everything on there. Here are just a few. But if anyone want to help with any of the other sets or anything that would be cool too! Thanks in advance! :smiley::cookie:

Full Regal Living Set: 1-21, 92, 100
    Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire: 22-38, 95, 104
    Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes: 39-49, 166, 218, 230

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=ApparentlyAwesome

Question: When it comes to Bohemian Garden does anyone know if the Bohemian Fruits and Nuts will ever be available for purchase separately? That's the only thing I want from that set, but it's not available for individual sale.

Unfortunately it will never show up on the Daily Deal since the final list is up and in rotation and that item is not on it. Its possible it may show up on the Sale page, but the discount will likely be 20-30% You could always put the single item up on your wishlist as well since the Bohemian Garden is CYS compatible.
    My Studio
  • izaapizaap Posts: 346 Member
    Thank you @charlotteprice for the amazing gifts!
    I now own 69% of the One With Nature-set, which means I'm almost there!
    Unfortunately it didn't show up for sale this week, but I'm so close that I'm sure I'll be able to get the set this week.
    Hopefully I'll get some ads :D

Here my wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=izaap
    @izaap, You are very welcome! I hope you complete your set soon ;)