Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Illusie's D.N.A. contact - NEW 7/10:Villa Serena p18

Comments

• Options
    SnowmoonSnowmoon Posts: 3,437 Member
    edited December 2013
    Love your work, doll!
    Find my builds under Evie_Snowmoon in the Gallery!
  • Options
    TuckersGirlTuckersGirl Posts: 169 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi Lusie!
    Thank you for showing me your original pictures!!

First, I think its off to a great start!
    I kinda think that those hairstyles are too short - is there something that might be a little longer and a little shaggy? I like the top row best but would like it longer.
    As for the facial hair, ahhhhhh... that's a tough one. I suppose either the first or the third one.

For the eyes.. I think they would look better if they were a lighter blue. Also.. I looked at the picture for awhile and something just seemed not quite right and I couldn't put my finger on it when I looked at each feature individually.. but when I looked at the big picture it came to me! I think the eyes are the right shape and turned right in the corners etc. But I think they are proportionally too big. If they were the same, just a smaller proportion I think it might look closer?? But can you do that?? lol (Remember, I'm a newb when it comes ot making sims). Also, maybe if they were closer to his eyebrows? In RL, it doesn't look like he has much of an eyelid at all!! lol

I think the skin is good and I like the haircolor. Is there anyway you can make the facial hair lighter, but keep the eyebrows the same as the head hair??

Other facial features.. maybe just a smidge more distance between eyebrows? Also, are there any eyebrows that have the same shape but are just a tiny bit less thick? Another thing with the eyebrows - can they have more definition in terms of hair detail? (I'm unsure of whether this can be done??).
    I think the lower lip should be thinner, but the upper lip looks great!!
    I can't fully tell without seeing a side picture, but it looks like his nose matches really well, too! :)
    I also can't really tell without a side picture or because of the facial hair, but I think he should have a moderately strong jaw line. :wink:

Overall, off to a great start!! Idk if you played with the ears at all, but they are definitely spot on!! :wink::D

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! :mrgreen: And Merry Christmas!! :thumbup: :XD:
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited December 2013
    I hope you had a merry christmas!

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. Things were busy.

I have changed what you asked. Though I can´t change the hair detail of the eyebrows. I think the previous eyebrows looked better. I don´t seem to get the thinner ones into the right shape.

6616675_orig.png"width=600"

6696780_orig.png"width=600"

It is a shame you don´t own any of the pirate outfits, you don´t have to buy them though since we can manage with things in game. Here is an outfit I made with clothes from Supernatural and pets.

4966227_orig.jpg"width=600"

Let me know what you think of this version (and his clothes, hair etc).
    I now added eyeshadow in addition to thicker eye liner.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hi Lusie! No worries - I'm in no rush for this sim. :)

I really like his head hair and outfit! :D And his make up - omg the make-up!! :shock: :lol: It's perfect and I'm pretty much drooling.. haha :wink:

I still can't decide which facial hair I like better.. what do you think? I DO like the fact that it is lighter though! And that his eyebrows are still dark, so thank you for doing that!! :D

I see what you mean about the eyebrows. Is there a happy medium in eyebrows in terms of thickness? If not, could you pull the outer ends of the thin eyebrows down in order to give a more curved shape? I think that would match Colin O'Donoghue. :)

Ok, so maybe we could make his face look a teensy bit longer by making his nose a little longer, creating a little more distance between his nose and lips, and having his lips just a little lower on the face, but still leave room for his fabulously strong chin and jaw line? :oops: :D

Also, when I looked back at pics of Colin, I think that his nose is actually kinda big lol But big in the sense of how far it sticks out, not width (if that makes sense??). So maybe you could have the sim's nose be just a bit bigger?

I love all the other changes that you made! The lips, the jaw line.. omg!! And I mean, those eyes were already great! One thing about the eyes though is that the color looks like a light blue tinted purple.. could we have more of a light baby blue?

As for the outfit, I think what you have created looks amazing!!! :D But I did look up the pirate outfit from the store - is that the one you were referring to?? If so, I think it would look awesome! And I don't mind purchasing it!! :D But like I said, I think you did an excellent job of using the SN and Pets to create his outfit.

Also, this is a side note... idk whether you have given him body hair or not? But I am not a huge fan of the body hair on the sims, but it does appear that my pirate has some chest hair at the very least (from what I can see in some pictures). I don't care either way if you include it or not.. but if you do, can you make sure it is light in color?

Thank you so much Lusie!! :D :XD: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I am glad you like the progress I am making!

I am not sure about the facial hair. It is hard to decide. I forgot to take pictures of the other facial hair, so I only have 1 this time.

9498158_orig.jpg"width=600"

4059241_orig.jpg"width=600"

I let the decision about the pirate clothes up to you. I do own the pirate clothes, but don´t have them installed at the moment. I can redownload them and recolourer them so you have a better way to compare them (the one I have now and with the store contesnt I mean). Would that be a good idea?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    :XD: Oh Lusie!! I'm not sure what all changes you made but his face looks so much more similar now! *swoon* lol :lol:

The only thing is his eyes still look to be more of a periwinkle?? Instead of baby blue.

I really cannot make up my mind about the facial hair, so I will leave that one up to you. My hubby said the second option looks closer.. I DO like the jawline hair, but I don't like the hair that comes up the center of his chin... Too bad we can't just draw in the facial hair we want! lol

If you want to show comparisons of his clothes now to the pirate clothes, that would be fine. BUT I have to say, I adore the clothes he has already :D So I will leave that up to you!!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I tried baby blue, but it looked a bit unnatural. Maybe it was not the right baby blue lol Could you google for a picture with the right colour blue you want? Then I´ll just use that colour for the eyes.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    http://allthingsgossip.com/2012/once-upon-a-time-casts-its-new-captain-hook-video0/

I really just like the color of his eyes in this picture. Maybe aim for the color of his shirt? Since I think it matches his eyes. Let me know what you think!! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thank you!

I think we will just keep this facial hair.
    I think i´ll just stick to the non store content clothes.

7826789_orig.jpg"width=600"

7812858_orig.png"width=600"

(click on the picture for a bigger version of the picture)

I tried giving him an earing, but the options are not good. What is possible in the game is:
    - a sparkly stone in his right ear
    - small rings in both ears (there is not an option to put them in one ear).
    Personally I don´t like any of them, but you can choose.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I think what you have is perfect!! :XD: :thumbup: And totally drool-worthy :oops: :lol:

Thank you so much Lusie!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    If you are so no more changes are needed then I'll upload the sim today on tomorrow. Depending on how much time I have tonight.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Yes, I don't think there is anything else I would like to change!! Thank you for taking the time to make this beautiful sim and for letting me be included in the creation process!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Yesterday´s version did not work when uploaded. I hope today I have more luck *keeps fingers crossed*
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Tuckersgirl, your sim is ready!

headshot_original.jpg

Name: Killian Jones
    Traits: Handy, Flirty, Hopeless Romantic, Brave, Sailor
    Description: Killian has a fierce reputation, known as a dangerous and fearsome Captain. He does enjoy the company of women and will often find himself in such company when he and his crew break on land. Based on Once Upon a Time character. DNA project for TuckersGirl. CC free.
    Dowload link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7924004

Though for some reason it says it used the content of some sp´s you don´t have, but I checked every single outfit and I did not use those sp´s.
    But if in case i missed something and the sim does not work, let me know. Then I´ll make a new version.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited January 2014
    Killian Jones is a very nice sim :) Great simversion of the character! You have captured him very well as a sim! It looks great how you have done his face. The outfits that he is wearing look great and suit him.
    He is a great sim! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thank you very much rosemow {hugs}
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited January 2014
    Ooooh! He looks great! Love his traits too! That pic of him with flowers made me giggle! :lol: Good job Illusie. Recommended. :D
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited January 2014
    Great sim Illusie, left a rec. :D:D Hugs Folly
  • Options
    EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited January 2014
    Left a rec, he has gorgeous blue eyes. :wink::mrgreen:
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thank you Yanti, Folly and Empresspamela! {hugs}
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hi ElijahsBabyGurl9,

I have claimed your request for a YA male chinese. I have made a few Asian sims before, and think it will be fun to make another one.

I had some free time in game, and worked on a sim. Feel free to let me know what you think I should change, or maybe you even want me to start over. I want to create a sim you really like, and in order to get that you can tell me whatever you think should be changed. Here is a picture of the same sim, but with a different hairdo

4169831_orig.jpg"width=600"

4532502_orig.jpg"width=600"

Let me know what you think.
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited January 2014
    Lillian Jones is SUCH agood likeness, Illusie!

Well done! I am beyond impressed!

Rec'd!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Killian Jones is SUCH agood likeness, Illusie!

Well done! I am beyond impressed!

Rec'd!

Aw thanks for the compliment! Thank you for the recs! {hugs}