Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tell Me A Story Contest ~ CLOSED! ~ : )

This is the tell me a story contest ~

This isn't just a simple storytelling contest however there is a bit more involved. I would like you to build a house and make a sim to go with that house. There must only be one sim that is uploaded for the contest but you may introduce other sims into your story. Then tell your sims story. The story can be told from the beginning of young adulthood or when your sim is elderly. It's up to you.

Your entry will be judged on three things ~
1. The house/lot and it's pertinence to your story
2. The sims looks and traits and how well they go with your story
3. And how original and creative your story is

Rules ~

1. You must post 6-8 pictures and have one paragraph per picture to tell your story. You may use other pictures but they will have to have a separate link and any story with them will not be considered for judging.

2. No custom content in either the lot or the sim and no T-Mobile or Dr. Pepper items

3. All entries will be custard checked

4. Lots and sims will be downloaded and played by the judges after the contest closes for story relevance

5. You may use any store items, expansion or stuff packs

6. Lot may not be larger than 40 x 40

7. Lots and sims must be newly created

8. You will not be listed under entries until your entry is official and ready to be judged.

9. Have fun!!! :D

Comments

• Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited August 2013
    Entry Form ~

Name:
    Sim Name:
    Story Name:
    Why Did you tell this particular sims story?

Scoring ~

The final score will be a combined total of the following ~

1. Story creativity, content, and readability.
    2. Sim uniqueness and looks as is important to the story.
    3. Lot looks, creativity, and importance to the story.
    4. How well the above all come together to truly tell your sims story.

~If anyone would like to help judge I will accept one more helper~

Judges ~
    tanubanue (Of course :D)
    Rawr2019, aka Nik :D

Prizes ~

First Place ~ 1,000 sp's
    Second Place ~ 500 sp's
    Third, Fourth, and Fifth Place ~ 100 to each of the following
    Best sim
    Best lot
    Best Story

And 50 sps to crowd favorite ~ I will ask participants the day this closes to email me with the favorite entry and the winner will be the one with the most votes. As I don't want anyone to feel bad votes will only be accepted through my email on mypage and must say story vote under the message section so I know why I am getting it. You may not vote for your own story. Any votes cast on this thread will not be counted.

~Additional sponsors are welcome~

Deadline ~

Entries must be submitted by August 20th, 2013~ 10 pm est US
    Any entries after that date will not be considered

Prizes will be awarded August 25th, 2013
    Winners will have until the 30th to submit wishlists if after that date I haven't heard how to delegate the winnings I will choose someone else if the winner has no wish list.

~ HAVE FUN! :D ~
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    QUESTIONS ~
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    IN CASE :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ~ ENTRIES ~

1. Svineprutter with Granny's House

2. Ciane with The Little Old Lady Who Lived In a Shoe

3. Jenngnome with Wake Up!

4. Tayenriquez with Thank You

5. Saltpatillen with The Life of Sandra Rae

6. ClassicStyle with The Green Story
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ~ WINNERS ~

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WINNERS! ~

FIRST PLACE ~ JENNGNOME ~ 1,000 SPS

SECOND PLACE ~ SALTPASTILLEN ~ 500 SPS

BEST SIM ~ CIANE ~ 100 SPS

BEST LOT ~ SALTPASTILLEN ~ 100 SPS

BEST STORY ~ JENNGNOME ~ 100 SPS

BEST CLASSIC LOVE STORY ~ SVINEPRUTTER ~ 100 SPS

BEST PICTURES FOR A STORY ~ TAYENRIQUEZ ~ 100 SPS

BEST CUTEST STORY ~ CLASSICSTYLE ~ 100 SPS

AND THE CROWD FAVORITE CHOSEN BY THE ENTRANTS WAS ~ JENNGNOME ~ 50 SPS
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited July 2013
    This sounds interesting! I have bookmarked it as a strong consider :D

Sounds like the story is key and the sim and lot are to enhance it.
    Starter sim or partially established?
    Are there lot size restrictions?
    Limits on money?

Some people are a whiz at large, mouth-dropping lots while others (like me) aren't as savvy at building something really big. Not trying to limit creativity, just wondering how this will work.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ADWilson wrote:
    This sounds interesting! I have bookmarked it as a strong consider :D

Sounds like the story is key and the sim and lot are to enhance it.
    Starter sim or partially established?
    Are there lot size restrictions?
    Limits on money?

Some people are a whiz at large, mouth-dropping lots while others (like me) aren't as savvy at building something really big. Not trying to limit creativity, just wondering how this will work.

Hi Addy and thanks for your interest!

The story is the key component for what I am looking for. And yes the sim and lot are to help tell the story. However you don't need to be an A+ story teller. Some of the best stories I've ever heard are also the most unlikely ones.

It's your story so whether your sim is starting out in life, finishing off in life or somewhere in between is up to you.

I have put a limit on the lot of no larger than 40 x 40. The sims life style and worth are not important (Unless it's important to the story you choose to tell :wink: )

So in other words you don't need to make great sims or fantastic lots to win this contest. What you do need to do to win is make a sim and tell their story or part of their story and make it all work together.

We tell stories in our imaginations every day when we play the sims. Our minds are always deciding who and what we want our sims to be. I'm just asking you to share that with me. :D
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited July 2013
    I LOVE stories. I can't wait to see what comes out of this.
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited July 2013
    tanubanue wrote:

The story is the key component for what I am looking for. And yes the sim and lot are to help tell the story. However you don't need to be an A+ story teller. Some of the best stories I've ever heard are also the most unlikely ones.

It's your story so whether your sim is starting out in life, finishing off in life or somewhere in between is up to you.

I have put a limit on the lot of no larger than 40 x 40. The sims life style and worth are not important (Unless it's important to the story you choose to tell :wink: )

So in other words you don't need to make great sims or fantastic lots to win this contest. What you do need to do to win is make a sim and tell their story or part of their story and make it all work together.

We tell stories in our imaginations every day when we play the sims. Our minds are always deciding who and what we want our sims to be. I'm just asking you to share that with me. :D

Thanks for ALL of the great information! An idea is starting to percolate, I shall write it down and see where it leads me...
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hmm, this sounds interesting. I do like to write sometimes. Im not a very good lot builder however... This calls for a lot of my time, so i will consider trying. Im on vaycay now though.

Oh no cc of course xD. Is it okay for default skin to show?

Edit: i just read this fully. I dont think this is for me, the rules for the story are too restrictive for me. Only a paragraph per picture and only eight pictures? I usually take about twelve pictures, and sometimes i write two paragraphs per picture because no sim picture i could take would have any relevance . This will probably be no problem for other people, but if im in the middle of writing the story, i dont want to have to change it to fix the restrictions. I understand that you dont want them to be long, but i dont think you should have to worry about that too much.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Sorry about that simsgal but thank you so much for taking a look! :)
  • Options
    JenngnomeJenngnome Posts: 668 Member
    edited July 2013
    I do love the Idea of this. I particularly love reading storylines -- infact one of the first things I usually do in the day is check out my friends who have posted storylines via Memories.

This will be an interesting contest! Deciding whether or not I have the time to join myself, but even if not I will keep my eye on this thread!
  • Options
    SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi :wink:

Bookmarked :D

I will either enter the contest or sponsor sp for winners. :D
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    edited July 2013
    Such a fun story challenge! I would love to enter but don't know if I have the time.

I hope a lot of other people join though!
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for taking time to stop in guys!!! :mrgreen:

Jenn thank you so much for reposting the link on your mypage you made me :oops:

And thanks so much Svend for whichever you decide to do!! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Bumping so people can see this :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Granny's house

Granny wanted me to have her house, hmmm...
    e08o.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    I took a walk and introduced myself to Summer Sharon
    wa5s.png

She showed me the stars and I could hear my heart beat
    of2c.png

It's more fun to work in the garden, when I can her her sing in the hot tub
    qx1r.png

When she's around I feel I can fix anything
    skd.png

Suddenly our love was obvious for all to see
    vjas.png

I'll never forget this moment
    0qkk.png

Now I want to hold her, always
    gj2o.png

Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Sims components for Granny's House

Hugo steel
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7475625

Summer Sharon
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7440546

Julian
    No recorded files yet of Sharon and Hugos child

Granny's house
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7481815

Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for your entry I look forward to seeing the finished house as well! What a cute sweet story! :D
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,611 Member
    edited July 2013
    Your story of Hugo and Summer Sharon is very nice @ Svineprutter :) Nice story and photos of how they met, and eventually had a little child. Granny's house looks a great place for a family to live. It looks great how there is the garden patch set up outside with the sprinkler system and the sunny sunflowers. Great photos of the couple together, and the photo of Hugo holding his new little son is nice. It is a great story and sims!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tanubanue wrote:
    Thanks for your entry I look forward to seeing the finished house as well! What a cute sweet story! :D

Thanks.

The house is just about finished. Hugo is Handy and can upgrade everyting, as his handyness skill grow. I still have'nt upgraded anything. He wants to merry Summer Sharon and if she move into his house, I will need to ad stuff for her and their son.
    The house is pretty standard. Danish countryside home, timberwalls with Skagen yellow paint.
    Pond include all freshwater fish and garden is close to perfect quality overall.
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Your story of Hugo and Summer Sharon is very nice @ Svineprutter :) Nice story and photos of how they met, and eventually had a little child. Granny's house looks a great place for a family to live. It looks great how there is the garden patch set up outside with the sprinkler system and the sunny sunflowers. Great photos of the couple together, and the photo of Hugo holding his new little son is nice. It is a great story and sims!

Thanks Rose :D
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yay, we have a story! Awesome! I love seeing the Danish influence and, of corse, reading happy stories!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Svend just don't forget to tell me why you chose to tell this particular story. :D

Rose ~ I just need to tell you how awesome I think you are for always commenting so nicely on people's entries in contests. I think that it is super how sweet you are. I don't think you ever miss anyone! Super big Hugs!!!!
  • Options
    JenngnomeJenngnome Posts: 668 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hmmm.. I have decided to enter.... i wll have to work on my entry this week. -nodnod- For now, I will give this thread a quick bump ^.^ might take me a bit, got the story fleshed out in my mind, but you know how fickle The Sims can get... need to figure out a way to translate it into game ^.^