The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tell Me A Story Contest ~ CLOSED! ~ : )

Comments

• Options
    SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    edited August 2013
    Another question, this about the sims. I have multiple generations of sims in my story. Would you like them as households or as individual sims? If you are OK with individual sims, can they all be YA?

Edit: My point is. I have one main character in the story and many people around her, do they all have to be uploaded or is it OK to just upload the main character?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited August 2013
    I don't mean when you use MOO on objects, I mean when you move sims with MOO a lot they tend to get bugged - so I'm hoping that it's just the sims and not the house that is buggy.

I have since moved the house to the clipboard and back, and it now seems fine. I also restarted and cleared caches.

Oh, let's out worried sigh about my houses being shared with unsuspecting downloaders. I can see Sims being easily bugged, though I have used MOO on them occasionally too when they are stuck and I don't want to reset because I want to keep their wishes.

I think it is just one sim who is uploaded with the house. Any others are just part of the story. BUT Tanu should be by to let you know her thoughts.

I am looking forward to reading another story.
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited August 2013
    Salt ~ I'm glad you've got it fixed :)

You can download just the main character or them all it really doesn't matter as long as I know which sim is the focus sim in the story. I will only be looking at the main sim and their relevance so whatever you want to do if fine.
  • Options
    tayenriquez20tayenriquez20 Posts: 211 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Entry Form ~

Name: tayenriquez
    Sim Name: Raleigh Thorton
    Story Name: Thank You
    Why Did you tell this particular sims story? Some of my best friends have grown up without either their mom or their dad, and I thought this story would be a nice dedication to anyone that has lost someone very close to them.And instead of being sad about your loved ones passing, think about all the good things they have done and the reasons you love them.

I still can't believe that you're gone. I try not to cry at night but it's so hard. There's a hole the size of the moon in my heart. But I know what you would say to me if you were still here. You would tell me to "lighten up". Every time you said those two little words, I would do exactly that, lighten up. So I will, because you want me to.
    Screenshot-215_zps42d3bff0.jpg

I am the luckiest girl in the world, I mean, I was able to have you in my life for at least some time. You, Charlie, were the best thing that ever happened to me. No, that's a lie. The gift you were able to give me is actually the best thing ever. I can't thank you enough for that.
    Screenshot-13_zps00122aa2.jpg

Your daughter is the most beautiful person on this planet. She has your charm, your humor, and your creativity. She also has your strange but great obsession with the ocean. All she ever talks about is pirates, mermaids, and fish. You would be heels over head in love with her if you were still here. I know she'd be crazy about you.
    Screenshot-16_zpsd093ab70.jpg

And let's not forget about the home you built for us. I always told you I wanted a house with an amazing view of the town. A house with shutters and flowers and a chocolate colored roof. A house that had accents of blue and green just like the ocean you always told me about. Large enough to fit a small family comfortably, but not large enough so we could all hide from each other. And of courses we can't forget about the Magnolia trees. You knew how much my mother loved those trees, and I was so incredibly happy when I found out you grew them in memory of her. You built the exact home I had in my mind. I still don't have a clue how you did it, but Thank You.
    Screenshot-14_zps771c00bd.jpg

Sometimes I come out here to visit you, to think about everything we've been through. I swear I feel you, even see you when I'm sitting out here. It's almost as if you never died. We met in college, both of us studying to become writers. You loved writing fiction, while I took the historical route with non-fiction. We talked about writing a story together one day, but I guess that won't happen now. It's my fault, really. I thought we needed spaghetti noodles for dinner that night, only to find out there were some hidden in the back of the cabinet. But you were already driving to the store, and you had left your phone at home. The police say it was raining too hard to see clearly, the roads were too wet. I'm sorry. I know you wouldn't be mad at me, though, so Thank You.
    Screenshot-10_zps20b7a292.jpg

You're not here anymore. I can't hold your hand, or kiss your lips, or laugh at your dumb jokes anymore. Your daughter will never know her father's hugs or kisses. She won't hear you cheering her on when she's scoring a goal at soccer or when she's made the honor roll. But I promise to tell her everyday about you. She's named after you for a reason, and I want her to know that. Yes, it's all very sad, but we wouldn't be where we are without you, Charlie. Thank You.
    Screenshot-214_zps6cadf9b4.jpg

Raleigh Brock- http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7594582
    Whole Brock Family (Charlie, baby Charley, and Raleigh included)- http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7594580
    House- http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7594581
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Hope I entered correctly, if not, let me know :D
  • Options
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The life of Sandra Rae

This is me. Sandra Rae Brittle. And this is the end of my story.

I knew death would come for me any day now, like it comes for all sims sooner or later. I thought I was prepared, I was ready to come to you my darling Dough, but how can you prepare for the unfathomable? They say the last time the sparkles come they do so gently, so gently that you do not realize you are levitating before the big flash where you turn transparent and grey. They say life flashes before your eyes in that endless moment between having your feet solid on the ground and having your feet standing on nothing.

Sims say many things. But until the sparkles come for you, how can you really know?

Screenshot-9_zpse9b22e95.jpg"width=640"

Just last night our granddaughter Ester came over and we had a grand old time. Fooling around and dancing the smustle. She knows how music can cheer me up, and ever since you, my darling Dough, passed away I need all the cheering up I can get. She’s such a sweet, good girl making time for her old grandmother in her last semester before graduation…

Screenshot-28_zpsb53c0d58.jpg"width=640"

I can still remember when Zaahra told me the good news. She was nervous when she came over while Danny was at work. Our relationship hadn’t been the smoothest since she married our boy, because she knew I had wanted him to marry a local girl that’d keep him close to home. But the day she announced they were having a baby all that changed, and she became a daughter to me in truth…

Screenshot-27_zpsc966b978.jpg"width=640"

I know I have always been overprotective of my Danny, but when he was a baby he was so sick, I don’t think I ever got over the fear that we’d lose him. Even when he got older and started walking I still needed to hold him tight to assure myself he was really there and not a figment of my imagination. That he ever became independent was because you pushed both him and me…

Screenshot-26_zps1595986a.jpg"width=640"

Dough my love, how I miss you! The happiest day of my life was when we became man and wife. Me, in that horrendous white satin dress, and you in your powder blue tuxedo swearing to honor each other for life in front of both our parents. My father cried and your father let out an echoing rebel yell. And that kiss, as sweet as the first time…

Screenshot-20_zpsb613eddb.jpg"width=640"

Prom night, I had managed to convince my parents that they didn’t need to wait up for me (an amazing feat) and you walked me home after collecting your crown. All the other girls were so jealous that you wanted to walk with me, and I remember Sara Beth…Oh, well she’s not important anymore is she? There on my front porch you kissed me good night, and I knew this house and my future would only be complete if I shared it with you…

Screenshot-16_zps3487e3af.jpg"width=640"

So much happiness in this house - a whole lifetimes worth packed between these walls. Our life together with Danny, and before that my childhood and my parents life before that. My mother who read me to sleep and cared for me every day, and my father who encouraged me to live my dreams, just like he did when he traveled the world. I’m so excited to see you all again…

Screenshot-10_zps1abd3ef1.jpg"width=640"

This was my life.

And this is the end of my story.

Everything left is just dusty photographs.

Screenshot-29_zpsaa160076.jpg"width=640"
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Name: SALTPASTILLEN

Sim Name: Sandra Rae Brittle

Story Name: The Life of Sandra Rae

Why Did you tell this particular sims story?
    This summer, like many before, I have worked at a home for elderly with dementia. They always remember things that happened way back when much clearer than what happened just an hour ago, and that made me come up with the idea of telling persons/sims story in reverse order. Back to front so to speak. Also, working with the very old (many of them over 90 yrs of age) you are constantly reminded of how death is close by, so that felt like a natural part of the story.

I had fun creating Sandra Rae and her family (all displayed on the photographs throughout the house ;) If you want me to I can upload more of them tomorrow, just say the word.

Sandra Rae Brittle:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7594667

The House of a Lifetime:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7594665
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Oh tayenriquez20 your story is so beautiful! :cry:
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I love the reverse order telling. Awesome! Waiting for the sparkles... too true!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ciane wrote:
    I love the reverse order telling. Awesome! Waiting for the sparkles... too true!

Yay, glad you liked it ciane! Coming up with the story was the easy part, getting all those sims to behave when taking the photographs was a lot harder :shock:
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for your entries tayen and Salt! :D

Deadline tonight at 10 pm
  • Options
    ClassicStyleClassicStyle Posts: 154 Member
    edited August 2013
    I thought I did not make it.
    So well, excuse my English and all the grammar. Here is my Green story.

- Hey, Dad! Where did I come from?
    - I don't know, son!
    - No, Dad! Seriously!
    - I'm telling the truth! Al right! I'm gonna tell you the story!
    -Please!
    screenshot_original.jpg
    -It was a nicest day ever! I woke up early morning and headed to my garden. You know my passion is garden.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    -I know, Dad....
    -So, I was talking to my tomato plant. Asking it how was the morning and how is it feeling
    screenshot_original.jpg
    -Suddenly, I saw a little boy hiding between tomato and lettuce. That was shocking. He was wearing a green bunny hat and green diaper.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Nobody lives next to me. The closest house is miles away. But I remember how I was talking to lettuce that I want to have a son. And I fell in love with you immediately.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    -I love your story Dad. This one is my favorite.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Name: ClassicStyle
    Sim Name: Henry Gard
    Story Name: Green story
    Why Did you tell this particular sims story?
    I love the sims because I can play the real life but with some magic elements and mysteries that our real world is lacking. And this story is like a fairy tale that you can play and any player can imagine any story behind the Green Story. Nobody knows where exactly Green Bunny came from=)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Welcome Classicstyle! You did make it but please add why you told this particular story.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    CONTEST CLOSED!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO THOSE WHO ENTERED :D

SVINEPRUTTER, CIANE, JENNGNOME, TANYENRIQUEZ, SALTPATILLEN, AND CLASSICSTYLE, IT IS NOW TIME FOR YOU TO VOTE FOR ONE OF YOUR FELLOW CONTESTANTS. PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL (FOUND IN THE ABOUT ME SECTION OF MY PAGE) AND TELL ME WHO YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE WIN THE CROWD FAVORITE PRIZE. YOU WILL GET ONE VOTE AND REMEMBER YOU CAN NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF.

I HOPE YOU'VE ALL HAD FUN CREATING AND TELLING YOUR STORIES AND THE WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON OR BEFORE JULY 25TH. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL! :D
  • Options
    ClassicStyleClassicStyle Posts: 154 Member
    edited August 2013
    tanubanue wrote:
    Welcome Classicstyle! You did make it but please add why you told this particular story.
    I have edited the post. Thank you so much for letting me in. I thought you would ignore me=)
  • Options
    JenngnomeJenngnome Posts: 668 Member
    edited August 2013
    email sent ^.^ Good luck everyone ^.^ everyone added very creative stories =DDD /Does not envy judges
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Good luck everyone! Email sent and awaiting results :)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Great story Classic! I love the little boy - so cute!

Off to vote now, but I want you to know that I loved all the stories.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    tanubanue wrote:
    I have edited the post. Thank you so much for letting me in. I thought you would ignore me=)

I would never ignore you! :) I'm glad you got in before the contest closed. Hugs!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    tanubanue wrote:

I HOPE YOU'VE ALL HAD FUN CREATING AND TELLING YOUR STORIES AND THE WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON OR BEFORE JULY 25TH. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL! :D

Hope you mean AUGUST 25TH. I don't think I could wait a whole year for the results :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    tanubanue wrote:

Hope you mean AUGUST 25TH. I don't think I could wait a whole year for the results :wink:

LOL :oops: Oops! Yep I meant August 25th, 2013! That's what I get for typing fast!

Rawr2019 has given me her judging for this contest. THANK YOU NIK!!! :mrgreen:

I need to judge a few more things and then I'll be posting the winners probably later today or tomorrow. :D
  • Options
    Rawr2019Rawr2019 Posts: 14,407 Member
    edited August 2013
    Really great entries everyone. Loves the stories and the beautiful homes. Thanks for letting me help with the judging Dana. Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    OKAY I HAVE THE WINNERS!!! :mrgreen:

BUT BEFORE POSTING THE WINNERS I WANT TO THANK EACH ONE OF YOU FOR ENTERING THIS CONTEST. IT MEANT A LOT TO ME TO HAVE PEOPLE ENJOY IT.

SVINEPRUTTER ~ YOUR STORY WAS A VERY SWEET AND TIMELESS STORY ABOUT HOW LOVE REALLY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING OF ALL. I ENJOYED YOUR DANISH STYLE HOME ALSO.

CIANE ~ THE HOME REALLY DID LOOK A LOT LIKE A SHOE WHEN YOU TILTED YOUR HEAD AND TURNED ON YOUR IMAGINATION, LOL YOUR STORY TOOK ME BACK TO MY DAYS RUNNING A PRESCHOOL WHILE I WORKED ON MY LICENSE TO TEACH SPECIAL EDUCATION.

JENNGNOME ~ YOUR HOME FOR THE STORY WAS BEAUTIFUL AND I THINK IT WILL FIND IT'S WAY INTO A FEW OF MY GAMES DOWN THE ROAD. I LOVED THE WAY IN WHICH YOU TOLD YOUR STORY FROM HER PERSPECTIVE AND WHAT SHE SAW IT AS AND ENDED WITH HIM SAYING PLEASE WAKE UP.

TAYENRIQUEZ ~ YOUR STORY WAS VERY SWEET AND TOO OFTEN TRUE TO LIFE. THERE ARE SO MANY FAMILIES LIKE THAT ALL OVER THE WORLD. SHE WAS LUCKY TO BE BLESSED WITH HIS CHILD.

SALTPASTILLEN ~ VERY NEAT STORY TOLD FROM END TO BEGINNING. I LOVED HOW THE LOT REFLECTED YOUR STORY WITH THE PICTURES ON THE WALLS OF THE HOME. NOT JUST IN THE LIVING AREA BUT ALL THROUGHOUT. THAT WAS A GREAT TOUCH! LOVED THE HOME

CLASSICSTYLE ~ YOUR STORY WAS SO SWEET AND SHOWS HOW SPECIAL A CHILD CAN BE TO A PERSON WHETHER BORN TO THEM OR ADOPTED BY THEM IN SOME WAY. IT'S ALSO A BEAUTIFUL LOVE STORY OF ANOTHER KIND.

I REALLY ENJOYED READING ALL OF YOUR STORIES AND SEEING THE LOTS IN GAME AND IMAGINING YOU COMING UP WITH THE STORY IN YOUR OWN GAME. I MAY DO ANOTHER TELL ME A STORY CONTEST AT SOME POINT. I HOPE YOU HAD FUN WITH THIS CONTEST!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I WILL BE POSTING WINNERS ON THE FIRST PAGE.

YOU HAVE UNTIL AUGUST 30TH TO LET ME KNOW HOW YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR PRIZE. PLEASE POST WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE AND MAKE SURE TO LINK ANY AND ALL WISHLISTS. YOU MAY KEEP YOUR PRIZE OR GIFT IT OUT.