Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game achievements: Are you struggling? Don't know if it works? Post here (Please read First Post)

Comments

• Options
    CarlottleCarlottle Posts: 17 Member
    edited May 2014
    That ^^^ worked for me!
  • Options
    RenateDRenateD Posts: 34 Member
    edited May 2014
    Yay! Nice!
    I was hoping it would, because your problem sounded the same as mine.
    Happy simming! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MyameeGirlMyameeGirl Posts: 234 Member
    edited May 2014
    I've been having trouble with two different badges:

I Smelt Alot (smelt 30 metals) and Who Keeps Sending These (the message in a bottle badge).

I smelted over 30 metals, but smelted them using the new premium content item (the glass blower one), so I'm unsure if it accepts that or not, or maybe I need to a collect only certain metals for it to count... any ideas?

As for the message in a bottle one, my IP is laggy and buggy so I just used the spawner and have collected over 200 bottles... not sure what I'm supposed to be collecting for it to count.

Any advice would be helpful because this drives me crazy. ;)

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    Essence01234567Essence01234567 Posts: 9
    edited May 2014
    Every time I try to play, I have to pull up the sims 3 game launcher. When I pull it up, it says: "Your Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack. Please update your game via the game launcher". BUT when I do check for updates, it tells me my game is up to date. I've uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it to see if that would help; even tried removing all the custom content, but I can't even do that without the message popping up. After I reinstalled it, the same message appeared with no game updates available for me. I've tried the Super Patcher thing, but I'm a younger person & that's kinda difficult for me to understand. Can anyone explain it in a simpler way? do any of you other Sims 3 players know what's wrong? So, if anyone cares, and if anyone knows, answer asap please because I really do miss playing this game, it's been since early this year.
  • Options
    pchyskye2000pchyskye2000 Posts: 64 Member
    edited June 2014
    Could someone please give me a definitive answer. =D I haven't played ts3 in awhile and as I have begun playing the achievements started unlocking. My piqued interest is that some of these achievements were not unlocked by my sim(s) at all but by other npc sims. Is this normal or is it a bug? For example my playable sim received a first communications degree and unlocked the achievement and a non playable sim ( a random roommate sim) received a business degree and my business degree achievement had unlocked. Is this suppose to happen? :roll:
  • Options
    ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have been unable to get...
    We are boat people now
    Who keeps sending these
    Gratified Gifter
    A novel way to play
  • Options
    AndrewMcGrawAndrewMcGraw Posts: 38 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Is it not possible to earn 2 achievements at the same time? I had a sim graduate from University with a perfect G.P.A and complete a Science and Medicine Degree at the same time, but I only received the Science and Medicine Degree achievement.
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited July 2014
    huh. :shock: I just assumed that the reason I never got any achievements was that I unchecked that box marked... "disconnect from the Store/EA/Origin"... or whatever it's called. (The checkbox which shows up as part of a option/window when the game first starts to load, but you have to click on something else to get to that section.)

And then I assumed that with the end of series, the server which dealt with achievements was taken down. But if I can still get achievements, that would be super sweet!
  • Options
    DramagirlieDramagirlie Posts: 21 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Elmawa wrote:
    I have been unable to get...
    We are boat people now
    Who keeps sending these
    Gratified Gifter
    A novel way to play

I was able to get 2 of the ones you are looking for.
    We are boat people now - got this one by buying 5 of the boats that are available in buy mode. you don't need to buy 5 house boats. I just bought a bunch of trailers on my lot and then filled them with boats and the achievement unlocked.

A Novel Way to Play - I will admit i kinda cheated at this one. I had tried getting it so many times and could never get it. I literally just make a sim, threw her in a house with a computer and turned on "testingcheatsenabled true", set motives to full and static, and then just had her keep writing and writing and writing until the achievement unlocked.
  • Options
    DianamaDianama Posts: 151 Member
    Hello SimGuru Russkkii.
    I can not send my creation, I get your message and you reached your quota, visit your study and eliminates some items.
    the thing is very strange, since I have only 285 creations in my study.
    please solve my sutazione.
    thank you
  • Options
    LablupapallionLablupapallion Posts: 12 New Member
    You have reached your quota, please visit your studio and delete item before uploading

Lablupapallion is not my main account that I am having this issue with. But forums would not let me post on my main account, I kept getting your account name is being used by another member. Ya, me trying to reach some one for help. So now I have 2 problems.

http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Marion777771

Marion777771 my main account is having the problem with uploading and now posting to the forums.
    As of July 8th, I have not been able to upload. I have removed everything from my studio over a month ago, I have reached out for help several times in the forums. I have exhausted all my friends on friends list for an answer. I have spent thousands of dollars on this game, with building a computer that could play it, buying expansions, store items and stuff. I have replaced my HD with a SSD, I have upgraded my 2X4GB rams with 2x8GB rams thinking it was something to do with performance on my computer I have an 8core AMD with compatible components. I have uninstalled, reinstalled updated my games so many times it makes me sick, I have created a sims taken his picture and tried to upload them after having a successful share, and I am still getting the message. Now mind you, I have a fresh game with no downloads, or store items when I am trying to do this, so I know there are no CC's or CAP's causing the problems. I have tried everything everyone on my friends list have suggested and still nothing. I have posted several times in the old forums and no one has help me. It's exhausting. I only play Sims for the creating aspect and I love sharing my creations with fellow players. If I can't do that then why should I spend another dime on this game or Sims 4? This is the first time since 2009 that I have been a member that I have asked for your help, and no one has addressed the problem as of yet. So please would it be to much to ask for some customer service. I call EA and they couldn't help. Some one, some where needs to know what to do and get back to the customer. I would be out of business if I ran a business this way. 45 day of waiting is rude. I sorry if I appear rude or upset, you would to, if no one got back to you.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Hello Lablupapallion,
    Thank you for your additional information.
    One could go here too:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/738493/to-the-attention-of-russkii-problems-with-exchange#latest
  • Options
    up
  • Options
    badromance99badromance99 Posts: 67 Member
    Hi, @SimGuruRusskii,
    my problem is after more than a year still. Will it ever be repaired?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Hello badromance,
    we hope for a quick solution
  • Options
    badromance99badromance99 Posts: 67 Member
    Okay I'll wait ;)
  • Options
    CalvinBruce_ukCalvinBruce_uk Posts: 576 Member
    I seriously doubt it!
  • Options
    RuthyBananaRuthyBanana Posts: 335 Member
    For me, I have been having a problem with the Sterling Scholar achievement. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but I have never managed to get this achievement despite having almost all of my sims graduate with a perfect GPA. At the moment I'm trying to get the university achievements, i also have problems selling exam answers to other sims? for some reason the option doesn't come up. :p
    tumblr_n3knr0AooC1sbvx0oo1_400.gif
  • Options
    khynneakhynnea Posts: 265 Member
    edited September 2014
    For me, I have been having a problem with the Sterling Scholar achievement. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but I have never managed to get this achievement despite having almost all of my sims graduate with a perfect GPA. At the moment I'm trying to get the university achievements, i also have problems selling exam answers to other sims? for some reason the option doesn't come up. :p

You have to have the lifetime wish for getting a perfect gpa in college to trigger the achievement :) Good luck. I never did get my messages in bottles.

Also for selling exam answers there's a brief window just before the exam that it pops up. Like wed midnight-thurs I think. You research them and then you can sell them.
  • Options
    ExtraLizard13ExtraLizard13 Posts: 2 New Member
    I logged in and the icon for all my achievements are sort of shaped like a green briefcase. I have no idea what this means and it makes it really hard to tell what achievements I've already accomplished. Are achievements still achievable since Sims 4 has come out? I have no idea how to fix the issue, as Googling it doesn't net any results.
  • Options
    jazzbright13jazzbright13 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I been playing Sims since I was about 16 and normally I know how to work Sims. I recently just purchase Sims 4 but i have a problem with saving my game. I played last night but the next day It did not show up on my computer. It disappeared. What do i do?
  • Options
    ExpandSims2ExpandSims2 Posts: 373 Member
    The problem I've had is with the award plaques you get, I think when you reach level 10 of a skill. All the plaques are fine except for the equestrian one. For a long time now it has the symbol of a diver on it instead of the usual equestrian symbol. All the other plaques have their appropriate symbols. I know this sounds like a trivial problem but I love horses and almost always play the equestrian lifetime goal. I enjoy hanging all the award plaques I receive in my game on my game walls. But it's not much fun hanging a diver for an equestrian accomplishment. Could this be corrected? Thanks
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    I have a problem and if anyone could help me I would do a happy dance. I have a new Nvidia Geforce 750 graphics card. I cannot get the game to recognize my card. I have tried to do the solution but I am not that good with computers and I can't follow the directions. I wish EA had a team of technicians that would take control of our computers and would help with issues that we cannot fix. I bought a new computer, a new graphics card and a new power supply just to play the sims 3 and I can't get the game to recognize my card. Please help me. :'(
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    maccnaccmaccnacc Posts: 2 New Member
    welcome to this forum site If you are suffering from Gmail account related problems like recover your Gmail password or hacked your Gmail account then you

can call us our Gmail mail technical support number 1-855-664-2181. or visit this web site for more details
  • Options
    maccnaccmaccnacc Posts: 2 New Member
    edited November 2014
    welcome to this forum site If you are suffering from Gmail account related problems like recover your Gmail password or hacked your Gmail account then you

can call us our Gmail mail technical support number 1-855-664-2181. or visit this web site for more details
    Post edited by maccnacc on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top