Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions for you???

Comments

• Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    @Karritz: Thanks but it's not that and at the time had to keep narrowing down the problem to figure out what exactly is conflicting. It was not any of the ingredient mods conflicting with each other but rather a recently installed Eat & Put Away Leftovers mod. Before installing that everything worked and no crashing but when I put that mod in, it crashes my game. Incompatibility between Cook Any Ingredient and Eat & Put Away Leftovers but not Eat Leftovers only which I originally had in the first place.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    This first question is off-topic but I'm curious as to why my topics are closed from 2014 or earlier? I would figure if space is an issue, then just delete it all. Not that this is important or anything and not even what I intended to ask but since trying to find this topic and discovering that just confused me unless it is in the process of being deleted. Moving on.

So to the real questions. What does the default settings in TS3 options mean? Is that recommended settings? There are 3 options in the Nvidia Control Panel which are Let the 3D application decide, Use the advanced 3D image settings-Selected, Use my preference emphasizing - Performance vs Quality.

Default settings for my gaming desktop.

Win 7 64-Bit
    Geforce GTX 660
    Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.5GHz
    8 GB RAM
    1 TB HDD

Reflection Quality: Mirrors and Water
    Edge Smoothing: Off
    Visual Effects: High
    Lighting and Shadows: High
    Tree Detail: High
    Enable Animation Smoothing: Checked
    Enable Advanced Rendering: Checked
    Draw Distance: High
    High Detail Lots: 4
    Texture Detail: High
    Sim Detail: Very High
    Resolution: 1024 x 768

Settings I decided to use.

Reflection Quality: Mirrors and Super Water
    Edge Smoothing: On
    Tree Detail: Very High
    High Detail Lots: 4
    Sim Detail: Very High
    Resolution: 1440 x 900

(With the above settings, so far, I don't notice much if any lag but if I set High Detail Lots to 8 I will notice stuttering/lag when following a sim around by vehicle or switching from one sim to another from across the map. Leaving it at 4 provides much smoother car rides and camera switches.)

=================================

Default settings for my gaming laptop.

Win 7 64-Bit
    Geforce GTS 360M
    Intel Core i5 M 450 @ 2.4GHz
    8 GB RAM
    500 GB HDD

Reflection Quality: Mirrors and Water
    Edge Smoothing: Off
    Tree Detail: High
    High Detail Lots: 3
    Sim Detail: High
    Resolution: 1024 x 768

(I haven't decided yet what settings can be better with little or no performance issues.)

=================================

I've tried recording TS3 gameplay with ShadowPlay but it's dark. I've tried downloading a free trial version of Bandicam and it's still dark. Is there something wrong with TS3 itself that I cannot record in fullscreen and get accurate colors? I've tried window mode using Bandicam and that works and I have no idea how to do that with ShadowPlay because I can't see the icon for recording. Oh yeah, I was going to try recording The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and see if that too came out dark or not. I guess I'll try that next. Edit: Recording The Vanishing of Ethan Carter comes out perfect using ShadowPlay.
    Post edited by Deshong04 on
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Not sure if anyone ever answered about the cookies (number 5), but I have some food mods in my game, and the food overhaul by Cinderellimouse unlocks and allows your sims to buy the cookies from the grocery store.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited May 2016
    @Deshong04 I can record Sims 3 perfectly fine without an darkness issue with bandicam. I do have the paid version, not sure if that makes a difference. What are your settings at on bandicam under the video tab?

Mine are: Video: H264 - CPU
    Full Size, 60.00fps, 80q

Here's a video I made just a bit back of Sims 3.

https://youtu.be/4gkX_ic5SEY

Edit to add: I also play in windowed mode all the time. My game is never in full screen.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @GoldenBuffy Thanks for letting me know, that's a nice addition to the grocery store.

@ChelleJo It says H264-NVENC (VBR) Full Size, 30.00fps, 80q. Because I have the free trial I don't think I can get any better than that but I had no issues with Bandicam when recording TS3. I think the dark recording might have something to do with TS3 and not necessarily the recording software but I don't know for sure. I usually play my game in full screen unless using visual references for building or sim creation. Both Bandicam and ShadowPlay records TS3 darker than it is during full screen but not in window mode. I don't know why that is.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Hmmm... that's weird.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited May 2016
    I used Shadowplay the other night and got the same results (dark recording). Upon looking it up via Google, other people have the same problem. You can try Open Broadcaster Software. It's free to use and doesn't have this problem.

This video explains how to live stream with OBS but he explains how to record with it as well.
    https://youtu.be/GbbzrRIhTgc
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    @Simasaurus09 Thanks, I will look into that. I'm surprised it's free and that's perfect for just learning plus it has a lot of features. I've only tried one other game so far with ShadowPlay, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (full screen), and it came out exactly how it looked as I played. So that's why I'm unsure if it's ShadowPlay/Bandicam or something about TS3 itself in full screen. Seems like it's TS3 but I don't know that for sure.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    I need help with the NRass Portrait Panel filter for only selectable that should work with Ani's Apartment Mod over at NRass.

I moved my sims into a new world, Moonlight Falls and I also moved an apartment building as well. Moved in the sims, created the families, then used portrait panel for only selectable except it is only one sim instead of showing the whole household for each created family. It was working in my other save but unless there is something else not mentioned, I don't remember if that's all there is to it or not. There are a few families having more than one sim and it seems to be selecting any random sim from that household to control.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    I need help with the NRass Portrait Panel filter for only selectable that should work with Ani's Apartment Mod over at NRass.

I moved my sims into a new world, Moonlight Falls and I also moved an apartment building as well. Moved in the sims, created the families, then used portrait panel for only selectable except it is only one sim instead of showing the whole household for each created family. It was working in my other save but unless there is something else not mentioned, I don't remember if that's all there is to it or not. There are a few families having more than one sim and it seems to be selecting any random sim from that household to control.

Not sure how many users of both mods you will be able to find on this forum. I've had PP in place forever but have never tried Ani's mod. Since PP is ours and we host Ani's mods since her retirement, you might get better results by posting this at NRaas.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox
    or
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Apartment Mod Issues
    (free registration required to post)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Okay, thanks. :)

Edit: Figured it out. Apparently, going to main menu and then back to the save does not help. However, I had to quit the game in order for the changes to show up properly. I don't know why that is but doesn't matter as long as it works. :p

Note to Self: False alarm but I did figure it out which is something I often forget to do. Sims needs to be released from the apartment controller first before being saved to the library to move elsewhere. Otherwise, a glitch in the system is common to happen.
    Post edited by Deshong04 on
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    awz778.jpg
    I'm starting to wonder if this glitch is caused by the food processor since I rarely ever use it and then this keeps happening. Almost every time a sim eats processed food, it gets stuck. Another thing I'm confused about is why are there no options to eat the process food or put away? It only has a clean up interaction.

Another thing, I don't remember but wasn't there a way to unlock hair that was not available in certain categories? There are hairstyles missing from the Career that I wanted.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I'm a little confused about the food processor issue. Food processors are used automatically when they are around and available to them while a sim is preparing a recipe to speed the cooking process along. They can also be used to make baby food (for toddlers). Maybe I'm missing something, but I've never been aware of anything you could prepare on a food processor by clicking on it directly and eating the results right away -- unless it's a recipe like Fruit Parfait or a salad that doesn't require stove cooking, but again those can be prepared using the food processor midstream merely by clicking on the fridge to start, same as any other recipe.

NRaas MasterController has options that unlock categories and remove part filters. Could this be what you are thinking of? The options only work in MC command CAS; to see them in all instances of CAS, you would also need the MC Integration add-on module.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    My sims autonomously make processed foods. Usually, the meals they prepare do not need the stove like autumn salad, peanut butter & jelly, forest berry salad, etc. When they make it they leave it on the counter in a bowl if not feeding the toddler. If I click on the bowl the only option is to clean up but I've been dragging it into the refrigerator where my sims would sometimes grab it to eat. Most often as soon as they are done eating and start to get up the bowl just gets stuck to their wrist even though my neat sims go to wash the dishes it's still there. So I have to reset sim. Because the food processor is something I barely use, I'm not sure if that is how it's supposed to work or not minus the glitch.

I have MC Integration and I saw the option to disable the clothing filter for certain categories but not for hair but could have overlooked it. I think I still get the same/all options for the CAS settings when I right-click the ... (options) button while in CAS?
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    It sounds like your sims aren't bothering to read the instruction booklet or watch the informative video that comes in the box with the appliance (not really, just made that up but it would have been cool). I would consider hiding the food processor on them unless you specifically want them to make baby food. :p

NRaas > MC > Settings > CAS > Category Changes > Show Hidden Parts (this might not be the exact option, sorry am not in-game at the moment but I know there's a way to do this)

Yes on the "..." button for CAS settings, but you have to change categories on the screen at least once for any options changes to take effect while still in CAS.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Thanks for helping out. I think it's a nice feature to be able to have toddlers have processed foods but it all looks the same anyway compared to the regular serve meal from the high chair. It's not as in-depth as it could have been so I guess I can do without the food processor since I'm not worried about how long it takes for sims to cook. Although I must say when playing The Sims (2000) a few days ago I was quite spoiled in how fast interactions were and noticed how long it takes in TS3.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    One of the benefits of preparing baby food for a toddler in a high chair is that if the food is high quality, the toddler picks up the positive moodlet from having eaten it. That is, unless your sims keep trying to feed baby food to a toddler who isn't hungry, which usually causes the toddler to have a tantrum and throw the bowl of high quality food on the floor. :)

They don't get that benefit from "regular" baby food or baby bottles. But I agree it might not be worth the trouble if your sims are going to glitch out with the appliance like that.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Interesting. I didn't know toddlers could get a moodlet from eating high-quality food. Maybe I'll try just leaving the bowl on the counter instead of putting it in the refrigerator. And if it needs to be in the fridge for the 'serve food...' option to come up then I'll just do it then.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    I know it worked before in my last save/world (Sunset Valley) but when I enable body hair for teens and females in my new save/world (Moonlight Falls), the panel doesn't even show up. Usually, this is normal as you have to change categories and reload for it to show up, however, that is still not the case. So how do I get it working again?
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    Is there a fix to stop this from happening and/or any insight to what causes this? Some objects start appearing on all floor levels when it was not doing so before. My game settings have stayed the same mostly a part from ages and seasons.
    Screenshot_851.jpg
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 2017
    If I understand correctly, check to see if Enable Object Hiding is checked in graphic game settings.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Enable Object Hiding was off but I did turn it on, for now, to see what differences there are in performance and to see if that would fix the issue. It did not. I decided to recreate the lot to a certain extent and just left out the roller skate rink and will save that for another lot either on the first or sub level.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    This is a common problem. It started in my game at around the time Luvky Palms was released.

I usually restrict objects that do this to the ground floor or the bottom basement. But some objects will do this when on the ground floor. Trees and plants from build mode will fall through from the ground level into basements. The wishing well can be placed only on ground or bottom basement to avoid this problem. Roller skating rink is always a problem in my games unless it's on the ground or bottom basement levels. I used to complain about it. Nothing ever happened to fix it.
  • Options
    Okay, thanks. I wasn't sure if this was a common problem or not. I'm going to try putting the skating rink in the basement. Yes, unfortunately, there are a lot of glitches EA never bothered to resolve. I really, really can't stand when game companies constantly push out content instead of fixing what they already have out first. It does more harm to the game and the faith of integrity in the game company. Seems more profitable and makes more sense to focus on QUALITY first and foremost.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”