Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions for you???

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited March 2017
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    Okay, thanks. I wasn't sure if this was a common problem or not. I'm going to try putting the skating rink in the basement. Yes, unfortunately, there are a lot of glitches EA never bothered to resolve. I really, really can't stand when game companies constantly push out content instead of fixing what they already have out first. It does more harm to the game and the faith of integrity in the game company. Seems more profitable and makes more sense to focus on QUALITY first and foremost.

Good luck. I hope you find a satisfactory solution. I find I need to do it differently occasionally to suit the current game. Putting it in the bottom basement means it cant drop through the floor to the level below.

The attitude of EA to fixing bugs has manouvered me into a situation whereby I no longer even look at newly released games. I don't want to spend money on some other bugged product. I'll stick with Sims 3 or not play games.
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    I just now noticed through the process of elimination that my favorite default eyes Oh My Eyes (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=397231) is incompatible with S-Club EA Eyelash Removal (https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-mods/title/sclub-ts3-mod-ea-eyelash-removal-fm/id/1280143/). Or so it seems.
    Screenshot-129.jpg

Does anyone else have these two and having the same issue? Because like I thought when the eyelash remover is working the eyelash slider should do nothing since it is supposed to be invisible.
    Screenshot-138.jpg

Also, when I look back at older screenshots such as this one. Yes, it does work with the remover and custom lashes. So I don't know why it seems to be conflicting now. As far as I know, I don't have any face/eye overlays or any of AWT's eye sliders installed. But apparently, something is conflicting.
    Screenshot-760.jpg
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Really love your Sims' features! (Lashless or otherwise :smiley: ) If I were experiencing that I would message the modders and ask if they might be able to get together to figure out this conflict. It just may be that one of them updated to the newest patch while the other didn't - that could be a possible conflict.
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    @Deshong04 You can edit them in PS or Gimp to remove the lashes yourself, then you will not even need eyelash removal mod, and you can use any eyes you want. On a side note, maybe you can put the removal mod into your overrides folder if that works (assuming you are using packages)?
    kwdT9wX.gif
    @Jaline33 Thank you. I'm not 100% sure but I think both modders are no longer active in modding.

@Sunnyyesjams S3PE used to work but I have not figured out how to get it to work again. Moving the mod to the overrides folder, unfortunately, does not work.

I tried downloading this (http://retroxdance.tumblr.com/post/30594281115/while-im-trying-to-figure-out-what-i-can-share) removing the S-Club mod, deleting caches but the same result.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    S3PE doesn't work :o ?? Never heard of that before... If anything, I could edit the eyes and send them to you.
    kwdT9wX.gif
    If you don't mind, I would appreciate it thank you. :)
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    Here are the no lash eyes.
    kwdT9wX.gif
    It says.
    Untitled.png
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    How do Sims memories work? Such as everything that happened to them so far, relationships/breakups, do they still remember if you move to a new save as long as the same Sims are there too? Or is everything like a clean slate? I think those in the same household may retain their past but what about other Sims in different households?
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    How do Sims memories work? Such as everything that happened to them so far, relationships/breakups, do they still remember if you move to a new save as long as the same Sims are there too? Or is everything like a clean slate? I think those in the same household may retain their past but what about other Sims in different households?
    Unless you are using NRaas Porter or Traveler to move these sims to a new (to them) world, they don't bring much in the way of their history and specific experiences with them. The EA way, whether it be through household bin placement or the in-game Move to New World function, which really both do the same things, there are no relationships maintained outside of each current household. It's all just a shortcut for starting the game over.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    Thank you, igazor, for answering. I asked because continuity is obviously important in case I need to start a new save with the same Sims/Households. However, I didn't use NRass Porter/Traveler as with Porter my game usually crash with larger households, therefore, unable to complete the action. I also asked because I'm not sure if I am or am not seeing instances where Sims act a certain way towards another which only makes sense if they did indeed keep their past with them. But I'm still very much new to the save in terms of actual gameplay so I don't know for sure.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    edited May 2017
    There is a degree of uncertainty there and you may not be imagining some of these things. Some players have reported that some sims have been able to maintain their relationships across households when the households were saved to the bin and placed individually into a new world. Some of the time. Not really sure how this can be, but of course we believe them. It's nothing that can really be counted on, though. Maybe what you are getting there is some sort of partial recognition.

I know this isn't really the discussion for today, but how large are these households that cause Porter to crash? If we're talking very much overstuffed (like 15+), then another way might be to split the households up into small units first before packing them together, then use MasterController or even Edit Town to merge them back together again on the other end. And of course there is a limit to how many sims can be shoved into the same pack, that one will vary by world, household, and player. I think 80 or 100 would tend to tip the scales in favor of crashing or being unable to place them properly for most, though.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Yeah, that has happened to me before where I saved Sims to the bin and they retained their familial relationships across households but as you say it is not all the time.

One of the largest households, an apartment, has 13 Sims but used to be more at the time. I also didn't help with how much stuff was in the apartment as well. Besides, the build takes up most the space of a 50 x 50 lot. I forget exactly how many Sims I have all together in the save, I think 76 or 79.

Thank you for the advice. Next time, I'll just have a limit of 8 Sims maximum when I need to port a larger household.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    Problem is, that the roommates feature keeps getting activated on all residential house lots and every time I dismiss them and then proceed to disable the roommate service, the game always freezes and there is nothing else that can be done but to end TS3 with the task manager. Is this a glitch or a conflict with a mod? Does anyone know how to fix this?

===

Another question. Is there a fix for this duplicating bunk bed? It always has been annoying but is one of my favorite and most used beds.
    Screenshot-1860.jpg
    Screenshot-1861.jpg
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    edited February 2018
    Problem is, that the roommates feature keeps getting activated on all residential house lots and every time I dismiss them and then proceed to disable the roommate service, the game always freezes and there is nothing else that can be done but to end TS3 with the task manager. Is this a glitch or a conflict with a mod? Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Lots that are Residential-Apartment by type, as viewed in Edit Town, always have the roommate service switched on and it cannot be switched off. That's by design, even if we don't like it.

If these lots are Residential-Regular, it sure sounds like they are behaving like the homeworld Uni apartment type (up to but not including the crashing thing). You may have to bulldoze them entirely and replace them with copies or new lots.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Thanks igazor, I'll try that when I get back in game.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    edited February 2018
    I had to check to make sure and the lot type is Residential-Regular. I bulldozed both the house and the lot, replaced both with new but it still enables roommate service by default and crashes the game when I try to disable it. Just to be sure I even took out all mods except no CD and still the same result. There is game data in the current games folder every single time after crashing which I delete before starting up the save again.

Decided to try a brand new save with Sunset Valley and it was disabled by default like it's supposed to be. So then as another test, I saved the household with house to the bin and put into a new save and roommate services are still disabled by default. So there is something wrong with the current save file. But I'm worried anytime I travel to University am I going to keep getting this glitch or is the issue not necessarily related to sending Sims to University?
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    edited February 2018
    I've never seen anyone prove that before, it's always turned out to be mods, problematic lots whether or not they were ever set the "wrong" way, custom worlds, or somehow the sims involved -- was the first one you were working with also Sunset Valley?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    The first residential lot I was working on was in Moonlight Falls Empty (https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7187089), not so empty anymore, since I've been working on it over time. When I saved the household with house to the bin I placed in a different Moonlight Falls Empty save that I'm currently working on. Basically, a re-do for the setup in case of needing to move Sims to a new save. Pertaining to Sunset Valley I just started a new save, picked a household and checked the roommate service status to check an untampered EA world.

It might have to do with using Ani's Apartment mod on and off. I'm not so good at following uninstall procedures for mods. :D I don't know. Though I don't see how it could affect all residential-regular lot households that never used the apartment controller. Eventually, when I do move my Sims into the new save, if that isn't the issue itself pertaining to University travel, I'll try to be more observant to find the cause.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    The first residential lot I was working on was in Moonlight Falls Empty (https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7187089), not so empty anymore, since I've been working on it over time. When I saved the household with house to the bin I placed in a different Moonlight Falls Empty save that I'm currently working on. Basically, a re-do for the setup in case of needing to move Sims to a new save. Pertaining to Sunset Valley I just started a new save, picked a household and checked the roommate service status to check an untampered EA world.

It might have to do with using Ani's Apartment mod on and off. I'm not so good at following uninstall procedures for mods. :D I don't know. Though I don't see how it could affect all residential-regular lot households that never used the apartment controller. Eventually, when I do move my Sims into the new save, if that isn't the issue itself pertaining to University travel, I'll try to be more observant to find the cause.
    Yes, that doesn't seem reasonable to me either. But the mod was used at some point in that particular world, within that ongoing save? You might be onto something, then. Although we inherited Ani's mods upon her retirement, I've never used this one. Our developer hasn't done any work on it either, nothing that has been released anyway, but he and one of our other Organizers whom I know uses most of Ani's mods, might be better situated to answer the removal question if that continues to appear to be the source of the problem. You would have to bring the question to us at NRaas though, as neither of them have a presence on this forum.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Yes, the mod was used at some point during that save. I was organizing my Mods folder and ended up leaving it out for a bit. Even though I have it installed now, I haven't used it yet.

Thank you, I'll ask over at NRass. :)
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    Adoption?

When you have your Sim(s) adopt a child does the game recognize the difference between adoptive and biological parents? Technically, adopted children have no biological parents in-game but does that mean when they grow up and have a family of their own the adoptive grandparents genetics could be passed down? Or does the game randomly generate recessive traits for the adopted child(ren) to simulate their biological genetics?
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    I usually play with story progression off but since I wished to have certain aspects of its features turned on without turning the whole SP system on I have enabled individual features like autonomous try for a baby through a mod. There are quite a few pregnant Sims in my current game with an custom pregnancy length. Three of them (Townies) have already given birth just fine. However, I have run into an issue that I am not sure is a part of gameplay or not. Infants seem to be placed at the last day or so of their lifespan, thus, pretty much skipping my custom lifespan (93 days) and quickly aging into toddlers. Is this something that normally happens with non-active pregnant Sims?

More information: For two of the three births I got my Sim to read about their arrivals in the newspaper but when I went to go check one of them was on the last day of infancy and the other was a toddler already. And I know I have not progressed in time that long since last seeing the pregnant mother.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    edited April 2019
    Infants seem to be placed at the last day or so of their lifespan, thus, pretty much skipping my custom lifespan (93 days) and quickly aging into toddlers. Is this something that normally happens with non-active pregnant Sims?
    I'm pretty sure this is an expected "feature" of EA's story progression. NRaas SP and its aging manager would not allow this to happen nor would AwesomeMod's, if either were in control fully.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!