Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions for you???

1. How do you get the camera height as low to the floor as possible?

2. I've not really explored much with my new simbot Ale but can simbots have families of their own? I want to later get him together with another simbot.
30hwunn.jpg

3. Does anyone know what does reprogram do when your simbot shortages out? I just had my creator just repair him.
346kzdz.jpg

4. In TS3 folder, the Library, isn't that all the saved lots from both the community and residential bins when in Edit Town? Not sure, but I think I lost all my builds from a previous game.

5. Sometimes when converting items as a witch, it can be turned into a cookie but your sim can't eat it, anyone know if the cookies come from a set or something...maybe from the cauldron?
146udx.jpg
2ylqvsh.jpg

6. Can sims own multiple houses in IP excluding houseboats and discovering islands, in SV and other worlds? For example: Owning two homes in the neighborhood where one could be used for permanent living and the other like a vacation or just a second home?

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
Footsteps even lighter”

Comments

• sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    1) Use Q or E while in tab camera mode - forget which one is up and which one is down

2) Simbots can marry other simbots but cannot have children, they can adopt though

3) I'm pretty sure reprogram just resets them once they short out, it *may* change their traits, not sure about that though
    WLfAA9V.png
  • SimsGuineaPigSimsGuineaPig Posts: 530 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I can answer question 1 for you but I can't answer the simbot things since I don't have Generations:

1. There are two modes I know of for videoing, normal mode which is when you can still change to edit town and back and still get your sims to move around. (As a roundup I mean nothing extra happens except you start recording)

Another way you can record is press 'tab' on your keyboard which places you in a mode where your like a sim too which, when you move your mouse around) you look around. This is great for trying to get a sim-eye view on things. However from this angle you can't tell your sims to move around so I only use this mode when I'm recording images of faces.

The tab mode is a good way to video from a lower camera angle or if your using the normal mode then video from a slope. Generally, I think most people, when they want to video things from a lower point of view, position themselves on a slope or something similar to get the best camera angle. Also I think movie maker cheats help you achieve this.

As for question 5. I've had Supernatural for awhile and I don't think the cookies come part of a set. Maybe if you google it or search it using whatever you use then maybe you'll find that out. I think the sims wikia will have info on that.
  • PandacoffeePandacoffee Posts: 702 Member
    edited June 2013
    1. There are also mods at MTS that stop the camera from drifting around like crazy to help.
    4. Yes, it's both community and residential.
    :thumbup:
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks everyone for your answers. :mrgreen:

Pandacoffee: I put my old library items in my new game library file, yet nothing shows up? Maybe I did something wrong...

brookesaywhatx: I wasn't sure but I had a feeling it weren't possible. I think it would have been neat to have an option to create a simbot family at the inventor's workbench.

Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    I totally agree. I'd love to have simbot babies!

SimsGuineaPig, simbots come with Ambitions, not Generations. :)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • SimsGuineaPigSimsGuineaPig Posts: 530 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I totally agree. I'd love to have simbot babies!

SimsGuineaPig, simbots come with Ambitions, not Generations. :)

Whoops my bad
  • PandacoffeePandacoffee Posts: 702 Member
    edited June 2013
    Deshong04 wrote:
    Thanks everyone for your answers. :mrgreen:

Pandacoffee: I put my old library items in my new game library file, yet nothing shows up? Maybe I did something wrong...

brookesaywhatx: I wasn't sure but I had a feeling it weren't possible. I think it would have been neat to have an option to create a simbot family at the inventor's workbench.

Hm, that's strange. Do you still have your old DCCache? Putting it in the Sims 3 folder might work.
    edited June 2013
    Pandacoffee: I got it working. I had it in a folder inside the library and thought it could read it like that but obviously not since when I copy and pasted everything directly into the library everything showed up.

============================

7. Downloaded NRass MC awhile ago and it can be a bit confusing. Question is: I'm trying to change the familial relationships of my family because they got messed up but when I click NRass > Intermediate > Family Categories or something like that > Relation: Blood or Descendent it only list relationships such as stranger, BFF, romantic interest, etc. So how do I change the familial relationship from grandson to son, half-brother to brother, etc?
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    edited June 2013
    :?:
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • zienietzieniet Posts: 18
    edited June 2013
    Question 2: Simbot's CAN have kids however only 1 off them will be parent, they just have to create a new simbot at the workbench, however if you want to have sims that go trough children life stage i recommend to adopt one

Question 3: Reprogram let's you choose all the traits for the simbot. so simbots have in some sence all traits as you can switch them every time they short out
    (let them shower if you want an immidiate shortout)

Question 6: you can have real estate. set a lot to fishing spot. this way very few sims come and visit and it will be buyable, then click your phone or computer and select real estate, click "view purchaseable properties" and buy your fishing spot.
    Now go to map mode and click on your fishing spot (it will have 1 to 3 stars) and click "real estate..." and then "buy here".

hope that answers some of your questions :)

edited July 2014
    Thanks zieniet.

Post edited by Unknown User on
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    edited July 2014
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    edited July 2014
    8. Anyone know what's wrong with 64x64 lots in my game?
    A few days ago, I moved my family into the largest residential home but then I could not save it because I kept getting Error Code 12, so I had to quit without saving. Yesterday I tried again to move my family in the same residential lot but this time when they arrived, the game stopped responding and crashed to desktop. I really want this house for my family because it suits their personality.

2zfii5c.jpg

The save file for the world I play in is 502 MB and its in based on an EA world but customized. It's called Sunset Valley Second Edition (Showtime version).
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited July 2014
    Try bulldozing the residence then replacing it with the copy in the bin. See if you can move your household in with a fresh house. --- and in saving the game, always use "save as... " and change the world name slightly [I use 1, 2, 3, etc.]
    edited November 2015
    Digging up one of my old topics because I do not want to create a new one. To the point.

Any glow in the dark stars/stickers to put on the walls and/or ceilings for TS3? Like it was in TS2.

30t2ow5.jpg
    96i2pw.jpg
    s42jv5.jpg

Nevermind. This will do.

ruaet2.jpg
    Post edited by Deshong04 on
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I know these questions are from 2014 but I will answer anyways...

Funny thing about simbots, they can fall in love with small appliances. :D

That cookie is a random snack a imaginary friend can bring your sim. (Generations)

If you still experience this error, Error 12 usually means a memory issue.
    http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-save-errors-error-12-13-or-16.html
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    All this time I had simbots I didn't know they could fall in love with appliances. Haven't played too much with imaginary friends...so they have the cookies. I think the problem with error code 12 either too many mods that uses the CPU and perhaps the lot being 64x64 with a lot of content. I like the house but to be honest I'd rather play a residential lot no bigger than 40x40. Although the apartment I built is a bit larger. But I'm also playing on my desktop that has a better setup than my laptop. Thanks, I'll be sure to keep that link in mind. From my own testing though, my issues seem to mainly stem from CC being the problem.

What I've been doing is trying to limit CC to only what's being currently used and everything else is stored in a folder on the desktop to swap in or out. This way I don't have anything taking up needed space and it's much easier to pinpoint if there is an issue with CC.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    Overwatch, The Wood Fire Oven and Baker's Station. Why is it always saying something about error and then crashes to desktop? I cannot use these items with OW or was it ET? I don't remember but there is nothing I see conflicting in the dashboard which doesn't necessarily mean there are not any conflicts. Any time I usually get asked to allow a sim to cook a meal with the ingredients listed from the "Cook with any Ingredient" mod, when I click yes or no then it crashes.

I've gone back and looked at the "Cook with any Ingredient" page and everything listed that possibly would conflict I do not currently have installed but have the updated version of the "No Fridge Shopping". But this problem is not new and has been like this since forever using ET. It's probably ET. I have read that Twallan never added certain coding for premium/store objects or something along those lines. So is that true or do I have an unknown conflict perhaps?
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I have ErrorTrap, Overwatch, the Wood Fire Oven, and the latest version of the "Cook with any Ingredient" mod. No problems. I don't have the Baker's Station though. I do have other premium store objects though.
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    Any time I usually get asked to allow a sim to cook a meal with the ingredients listed from the "Cook with any Ingredient" mod, when I click yes or no then it crashes.

Seems to me that the "Cook with any Ingredient" is the most suspicious mod here, given your description of the problem. Are you sure you have the latest version? It's been updated at least once.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2015
    Overwatch and ErrorTrap are not the culprits. ErrorTrap does not conflict with EA store items and does not cause crashes. It reports on and captures (traps) errors that would still take place if it were not there, but the player would otherwise just not be notified.

It's true that ErrorTrap does not know how to handle certain aspects of some EA store premium content items that were released after around Nov 2013 or so and will periodically produce a Dereferencing "error" log listing those items out. That is all. Also, Dashboard is not equipped to find conflicts with script and core mods.

Try taking all of icarus' mods out and clearing caches. If the errors and resetting stop, replace them all with freshly downloaded, thus updated copies. If the problems persist without icarus' mods, then it's being caused by something else.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    I have ErrorTrap, Overwatch, the Wood Fire Oven, and the latest version of the "Cook with any Ingredient" mod. No problems. I don't have the Baker's Station though. I do have other premium store objects though.
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    Any time I usually get asked to allow a sim to cook a meal with the ingredients listed from the "Cook with any Ingredient" mod, when I click yes or no then it crashes.

Seems to me that the "Cook with any Ingredient" is the most suspicious mod here, given your description of the problem. Are you sure you have the latest version? It's been updated at least once.

Yes, I have the lastest version but to be sure I even redownloaded everything.
    igazor wrote: »
    Overwatch and ErrorTrap are not the culprits. ErrorTrap does not conflict with EA store items and does not cause crashes. It reports on and captures (traps) errors that would still take place if it were not there, but the player would otherwise just not be notified.

It's true that ErrorTrap does not know how to handle certain aspects of some EA store premium content items that were released after around Nov 2013 or so and will periodically produce a Dereferencing "error" log listing those items out. That is all. Also, Dashboard is not equipped to find conflicts with script and core mods.

Try taking all of icarus' mods out and clearing caches. If the errors and resetting stop, replace them all with freshly downloaded, thus updated copies. If the problems persist without icarus' mods, then it's being caused by something else.

I took out the few icarus mods I currently have installed and cleared caches. Yes, there was not any crashing but putting them back in even after redownloading the files it still crashed after the popup screen asking to allow a sim to cook a meal with ingredients. First the screen goes dark then I cannot use the cursor to move the screen position. A few seconds later it crashes. Also I don't know why the Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells is not working properly. The mother and teen son will disappear when attempting to use it but the father can use it just fine.

xrho5.jpg

The cauldron, pizza oven, baking oven and tea set works fine although I have not checked all premium store items. I did download a complete ccmerged.package but that did nothing to fix that problem so I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling the Book o' Spells next.

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    Cook Any Ingredient mod conflicts with Eat & Put Away Leftovers mod. But doesn't crash with just the eat leftovers version.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    Did EA ever confirm what ages are each age group? I don't remember. Like Babies are 0 to 1 month old. Toddlers are 1 to 3 years old, etc. If not what are the approximate ages of each age group?
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    With some of the ingredients mods you need another mod to make them work properly. If you read the information that comes with the various ingredients mods you will find a link to the other mod you need to make them work. The ingredients mods I am talking about are made by a few different people - they seem to have got together to fix their mods so they don't conflict with each other and this is the solution they came up with.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I use a lot of icarus mods and none of them are conflicting even after the latest update...